Draft so you can win more games
-
There's 2 guys in this video (Simpson & Proctor) that did a Whale of a job talking the Browns out of considering them in round 1 while Germie Bernard (in the 2nd half) looks like he could be a good 2nd round projection.
There's 2 guys in this video (Simpson & Proctor) that did a Whale of a job talking the Browns out of considering them in round 1 while Germie Bernard (in the 2nd half) looks like he could be a good 2nd round projection.
Big Bernard fan. Not the fastest, or the biggest, but the guy is just a professional WR.
Here's something I heard this morning on Proctor, and I had forgot about this...
After Saban left, Proctor hit the transfer portal and went to Iowa for about two weeks, then left and returned to Alabama.
Word is he couldn't hack Iowa's OLine room - the coaches there were just too hard ass for him.
He's literally the worst attributes of Dawand Jones and Jedrick Wills.
-
There's 2 guys in this video (Simpson & Proctor) that did a Whale of a job talking the Browns out of considering them in round 1 while Germie Bernard (in the 2nd half) looks like he could be a good 2nd round projection.
Big Bernard fan. Not the fastest, or the biggest, but the guy is just a professional WR.
Here's something I heard this morning on Proctor, and I had forgot about this...
After Saban left, Proctor hit the transfer portal and went to Iowa for about two weeks, then left and returned to Alabama.
Word is he couldn't hack Iowa's OLine room - the coaches there were just too hard ass for him.
He's literally the worst attributes of Dawand Jones and Jedrick Wills.
Big Bernard fan. Not the fastest, or the biggest, but the guy is just a professional WR.
Here's something I heard this morning on Proctor, and I had forgot about this...
After Saban left, Proctor hit the transfer portal and went to Iowa for about two weeks, then left and returned to Alabama.
Word is he couldn't hack Iowa's OLine room - the coaches there were just too hard ass for him.
He's literally the worst attributes of Dawand Jones and Jedrick Wills.
I like Tate but with all the depth at WR if I’m the Browns and the draft is about playing Chess he’s not the pick.There are so many good WRs in this draft mainly 2s and 3s probably not #1 WR types but 39 is a prime spot to take one.
Bernard reminds me of Jarvis Landry
-
Big Bernard fan. Not the fastest, or the biggest, but the guy is just a professional WR.
Here's something I heard this morning on Proctor, and I had forgot about this...
After Saban left, Proctor hit the transfer portal and went to Iowa for about two weeks, then left and returned to Alabama.
Word is he couldn't hack Iowa's OLine room - the coaches there were just too hard ass for him.
He's literally the worst attributes of Dawand Jones and Jedrick Wills.
I like Tate but with all the depth at WR if I’m the Browns and the draft is about playing Chess he’s not the pick.There are so many good WRs in this draft mainly 2s and 3s probably not #1 WR types but 39 is a prime spot to take one.
Bernard reminds me of Jarvis Landry
Bernard reminds me of Jarvis Landry
Actually I heard someone describe Omar Cooper Jr as "Jarvis Landry with speed" too...
I like Cooper, Denzel Boston, Bernard and KC Concepcion at 24 (Cooper/Boston) and 39 (Bernard/Concepcion).
-
Bernard reminds me of Jarvis Landry
Actually I heard someone describe Omar Cooper Jr as "Jarvis Landry with speed" too...
I like Cooper, Denzel Boston, Bernard and KC Concepcion at 24 (Cooper/Boston) and 39 (Bernard/Concepcion).
Actually I heard someone describe Omar Cooper Jr as "Jarvis Landry with speed" too...
I like Cooper, Denzel Boston, Bernard and KC Concepcion at 24 (Cooper/Boston) and 39 (Bernard/Concepcion).
I feel like I'm back in my mom's chocolate store back in the day when I wanted anything that didn't have coconut in it. Relating this to WRs, I'll be happy with many good WRs in this draft that land on any of our 1st 3 draft slots...
-
Big Bernard fan. Not the fastest, or the biggest, but the guy is just a professional WR.
Here's something I heard this morning on Proctor, and I had forgot about this...
After Saban left, Proctor hit the transfer portal and went to Iowa for about two weeks, then left and returned to Alabama.
Word is he couldn't hack Iowa's OLine room - the coaches there were just too hard ass for him.
He's literally the worst attributes of Dawand Jones and Jedrick Wills.
I like Tate but with all the depth at WR if I’m the Browns and the draft is about playing Chess he’s not the pick.There are so many good WRs in this draft mainly 2s and 3s probably not #1 WR types but 39 is a prime spot to take one.
Bernard reminds me of Jarvis Landry
I like Tate
...nuff said. Let's go with that.
He would come to us and immediately draw the opposition's best CB.
-
I like Tate
...nuff said. Let's go with that.
He would come to us and immediately draw the opposition's best CB.
...nuff said. Let's go with that.
He would come to us and immediately draw the opposition's best CB.
Yes! It is option 1c for me. He’s plenty fast enough for me. The guy is a route runner, contested catch savant, and a sideline toe tapping extraordinaire. When has one of these OSU guys failed?
im still 1a trade down or 1b. downs
-
-
Settled on this Big 10 Board yesterday
- OT Francis Mauigoa
- WR Carnell Tate
- S Caleb Downs
- OT Spencer Fano
- Trade Down<<here
- OT Monroe Freeling
- OG Vega Ioane,
- RB Jeremiyah Love
- WR Makai Lemon
- TE Kenyon Sadiq
- OT Caleb Lomu
-
Would you spring for a Bains or Bailey at 6?
Bains motor is telling how he loves playing football. Have'd watched much of Bailey..
Watching Andrew Berry defend any defensive pick at 6 ? get your ? ready..
I think he'd pass on both? Wright & McQuire are his picks. Both played decent last season . We will see !
-
-
-
@gator said:
I've lurked here a long time and I know you deep dive into the X's and O's. I'm curious on your opinion of Taylen Green out of Arkansas.
He seems very Lamar Jacksonesque. Idk if Monken would look at him as a young QB he could mold.
Apologies if he's already been discussed!
You asked a question, here's my answer so far.
Re: the Lamar Jackson comparison. Because I've been hearing it ALOT lately. My Rebuttal...
Green's build and running style doesn't remind me of Lamar at all. I absolutely see Vince Young when he pulls down the football. At least, the same threat vertically in the open field. Green doesn't have the same lateral ability Vince had and he isn't even close to what Lamar can do in short space/ East-West.
The clip I posted above is a nice reference for SOME of the patience he can show in the pocket when the call design is to push the ball vertically. I even slowed down a part of the clip. When he hits that back foot at the top of his drop, you see him still keeping his eyes downfield, looking for his vertical mark and climbing the pocket - all at the SAME time. It sounds silly but it's very uncommon to see that in 2026. His height gives him an advantage of survey that many others don't have. Including the ability to work from confined spaces while having greater vision of the field.
**Pros**
- Fantastic measurables. (As mentioned above)
- Solid feel for when to pull the ball down and escape. Great vertical threat when he opens up and runs.
- Shows flashes of patience when put in crowded, chaotic pockets.
- Natural arm strength is above average. Ball arrives with velocity.
- Efficient operation in the QB Centric/supplemented read option game. Also seems to have a good command of his keys in the RPO game.
- Makes OK-ish choices throwing hot.
**CONS**
... Pretty much everything else.
- Footwork is a mess. Doesn't matter if it's in gun or UC. At times, Green does that same, what I can only call a "gather step" in shorter drops. Similar to what Baker did in his early days, that has his right foot out in front of him, delaying his arm mechanics for the throw. I know when Stefanski arrived it was an incredibly subtle thing, yet a larger mechanical issue they wanted to iron out. Footwork has been Baker's biggest mechanical struggle throughout his NFL career. He even had some trouble a couple years ago when he started with Tampa. If you don't have great structure early, it's a bitch to fix later and that shit lingers.
Building a QB is like anything else, it starts from the ground up. But, much like any proper foundation, widely overlooked, not given the weight of it's importance, or intentionally neglected. Anywho, yeah, his footwork in the RPO game delays the ball getting out. 3-5-7 step drops from under center are sloppy and not that, Tom Brady type deliberate, which should be every QB's gold standard.
- Throwing motion can be a real problem. Highly exaggerated wind-up. He doesn't do the Tim Tebow "windmill" (elbow drops too far) but the elongation behind his frame almost looks like someone getting into their shotput stance. Ball has zip when he gets it out, but I compare it to a trebuchet. There's also no consistency with his un-pressured delivery point. Sometimes you have to throw off-platform and adjust your delivery, that's modern QB'ing. Same with golf as it is with football. But like hitting the links, your swinging motion the other 90% of the time needs to be consistent and 2nd nature. If not? You'll never be par the course.
Those two right there are enough to drop him to a late day 2, early day 3 prospect. When your feet are a mess it effects everything. When you mix in the questionable mechanics as a passer, then you've essentially become a rebuilding project. The footwork needs to be torn down to the frame and rebuilt. The arm can be 2nd. Fix the feet and the delivery timing will naturally improve as will the accuracy. But unless the arm work is improved, that will be his limit. In that respect, that's where the Lamar Jackson comparison comes into play. Lamar's footwork has greatly improved in the NFL. His throwing motion still has the same base function as it did at Louisville, minus him elevating his delivery point to a more 2/3rds rotation.
I see glimpses of Green going through progressions. Arkansas looks like they play a heavy pure progression system. I didn't see any evidence of full field reads. They like to limit to half field and play the common 1-->2-->check Other times I see him lock and fire onto his primary, which gets him into trouble or doesn't Maximize the Concept. As a result, yards are left on the table.
Physically the kid has gifts. That alone will get him drafted. But right now I don't see his gifts as a runner being enough to compensate for his deficiencies as a passer early on. Similar to Anthony Richardson - he's ready to be a full time athlete, but he has a long way to go before he's a comprehensive, NFL QB.
You asked a question, here's my answer so far.
Re: the Lamar Jackson comparison. Because I've been hearing it ALOT lately. My Rebuttal...
Green's build and running style doesn't remind me of Lamar at all. I absolutely see Vince Young when he pulls down the football. At least, the same threat vertically in the open field. Green doesn't have the same lateral ability Vince had and he isn't even close to what Lamar can do in short space/ East-West.
The clip I posted above is a nice reference for SOME of the patience he can show in the pocket when the call design is to push the ball vertically. I even slowed down a part of the clip. When he hits that back foot at the top of his drop, you see him still keeping his eyes downfield, looking for his vertical mark and climbing the pocket - all at the SAME time. It sounds silly but it's very uncommon to see that in 2026. His height gives him an advantage of survey that many others don't have. Including the ability to work from confined spaces while having greater vision of the field.
**Pros**
- Fantastic measurables. (As mentioned above)
- Solid feel for when to pull the ball down and escape. Great vertical threat when he opens up and runs.
- Shows flashes of patience when put in crowded, chaotic pockets.
- Natural arm strength is above average. Ball arrives with velocity.
- Efficient operation in the QB Centric/supplemented read option game. Also seems to have a good command of his keys in the RPO game.
- Makes OK-ish choices throwing hot.
**CONS**
... Pretty much everything else.
- Footwork is a mess. Doesn't matter if it's in gun or UC. At times, Green does that same, what I can only call a "gather step" in shorter drops. Similar to what Baker did in his early days, that has his right foot out in front of him, delaying his arm mechanics for the throw. I know when Stefanski arrived it was an incredibly subtle thing, yet a larger mechanical issue they wanted to iron out. Footwork has been Baker's biggest mechanical struggle throughout his NFL career. He even had some trouble a couple years ago when he started with Tampa. If you don't have great structure early, it's a bitch to fix later and that shit lingers.
Building a QB is like anything else, it starts from the ground up. But, much like any proper foundation, widely overlooked, not given the weight of it's importance, or intentionally neglected. Anywho, yeah, his footwork in the RPO game delays the ball getting out. 3-5-7 step drops from under center are sloppy and not that, Tom Brady type deliberate, which should be every QB's gold standard.
- Throwing motion can be a real problem. Highly exaggerated wind-up. He doesn't do the Tim Tebow "windmill" (elbow drops too far) but the elongation behind his frame almost looks like someone getting into their shotput stance. Ball has zip when he gets it out, but I compare it to a trebuchet. There's also no consistency with his un-pressured delivery point. Sometimes you have to throw off-platform and adjust your delivery, that's modern QB'ing. Same with golf as it is with football. But like hitting the links, your swinging motion the other 90% of the time needs to be consistent and 2nd nature. If not? You'll never be par the course.
Those two right there are enough to drop him to a late day 2, early day 3 prospect. When your feet are a mess it effects everything. When you mix in the questionable mechanics as a passer, then you've essentially become a rebuilding project. The footwork needs to be torn down to the frame and rebuilt. The arm can be 2nd. Fix the feet and the delivery timing will naturally improve as will the accuracy. But unless the arm work is improved, that will be his limit. In that respect, that's where the Lamar Jackson comparison comes into play. Lamar's footwork has greatly improved in the NFL. His throwing motion still has the same base function as it did at Louisville, minus him elevating his delivery point to a more 2/3rds rotation.
I see glimpses of Green going through progressions. Arkansas looks like they play a heavy pure progression system. I didn't see any evidence of full field reads. They like to limit to half field and play the common 1-->2-->check Other times I see him lock and fire onto his primary, which gets him into trouble or doesn't Maximize the Concept. As a result, yards are left on the table.
Physically the kid has gifts. That alone will get him drafted. But right now I don't see his gifts as a runner being enough to compensate for his deficiencies as a passer early on. Similar to Anthony Richardson - he's ready to be a full time athlete, but he has a long way to go before he's a comprehensive, NFL QB.
Sorry for the delayed response man.
I really appreciate the breakdown! The Vince Young comparison makes a lot more sense now that I look at it. Guess I first thought Jackson because Monken coached him in Baltimore.
Sounds like Green is a Day 2 or Day 3 pick at best. Really appreciate the breakdown and opinion!
-
You leave out the QBs on purpose?
Sure did !
QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson (Round 5, Pick 140 of the 2023 NFL draft)
QB Dillon Gabriel (Round 3, pick 94 of the 2025 NFL draft)
QB Shedeur Sanders (Round 5, pick 144 of the 2025 NFL draft)
AB GM major--- In March 2022, the Cleveland Browns acquired quarterback Deshaun Watson from the Houston Texans in a blockbuster trade, surrendering
three first-round draft picks (2022, 2023, 2024), a 2023 third-round pick, and a 2024 fourth-round pick.
-
Here are all of Andrew Berry's past picks from 2020 thru 2025
Thanks for sharing he generally favors younger prospects and those with higher than average RAS scores.
Sonny Styles 21 and RAS score of 9.9 same with Monroe Freeling.
David Bailey 9.67 he’s 22.
Lomu 9.88 but he’s older I believe
Francis Mauigoa 8.74.
-
Would you spring for a Bains or Bailey at 6?
Bains motor is telling how he loves playing football. Have'd watched much of Bailey..
Watching Andrew Berry defend any defensive pick at 6 ? get your ? ready..
I think he'd pass on both? Wright & McQuire are his picks. Both played decent last season . We will see !
Bains motor is telling how he loves playing football. Have'd watched much of Bailey..
Watching Andrew Berry defend any defensive pick at 6 ? get your ? ready..
I think he'd pass on both? Wright & McQuire are his picks. Both played decent last season . We will see !
If he made a defensive pick at 6 and didn’t address LT at 24. I’d say popcorn ready.
We are making an assumption that Myles will be here over/under next two seasons? Three seasons?
And for more context the Draft is littered with No. 2 types and all over the 2nd and 3rd rounds. (Talking about WRs)
-
Here are all of Andrew Berry's past picks from 2020 thru 2025
Thanks for sharing he generally favors younger prospects and those with higher than average RAS scores.
Sonny Styles 21 and RAS score of 9.9 same with Monroe Freeling.
David Bailey 9.67 he’s 22.
Lomu 9.88 but he’s older I believe
Francis Mauigoa 8.74.
Thanks for sharing he generally favors younger prospects and those with higher than average RAS scores.
Sonny Styles 21 and RAS score of 9.9 same with Monroe Freeling.
David Bailey 9.67 he’s 22.
Lomu 9.88 but he’s older I believe
Francis Mauigoa 8.74.
Thanks SD80 !
Yeah. I'm now not sure whats up with Lomu's age?
Jack Duffin does a great job with these graphics yearly. I posted Lomu's March's posted age somewhere on here(24.27)..
But now looking at Aprils update? It looks like Duffin has pulled March's date off of April's update. No Biggie. Draft Talent,not age AB..Your new hot seat has burners
EDIT UPDATE 4/9 -- Lomu confirmed as 21.. https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/longformarticle/cleveland-browns-2026-age-guardrails-draft-board-april-update-280858096/
-
You asked a question, here's my answer so far.
Re: the Lamar Jackson comparison. Because I've been hearing it ALOT lately. My Rebuttal...
Green's build and running style doesn't remind me of Lamar at all. I absolutely see Vince Young when he pulls down the football. At least, the same threat vertically in the open field. Green doesn't have the same lateral ability Vince had and he isn't even close to what Lamar can do in short space/ East-West.
The clip I posted above is a nice reference for SOME of the patience he can show in the pocket when the call design is to push the ball vertically. I even slowed down a part of the clip. When he hits that back foot at the top of his drop, you see him still keeping his eyes downfield, looking for his vertical mark and climbing the pocket - all at the SAME time. It sounds silly but it's very uncommon to see that in 2026. His height gives him an advantage of survey that many others don't have. Including the ability to work from confined spaces while having greater vision of the field.
**Pros**
- Fantastic measurables. (As mentioned above)
- Solid feel for when to pull the ball down and escape. Great vertical threat when he opens up and runs.
- Shows flashes of patience when put in crowded, chaotic pockets.
- Natural arm strength is above average. Ball arrives with velocity.
- Efficient operation in the QB Centric/supplemented read option game. Also seems to have a good command of his keys in the RPO game.
- Makes OK-ish choices throwing hot.
**CONS**
... Pretty much everything else.
- Footwork is a mess. Doesn't matter if it's in gun or UC. At times, Green does that same, what I can only call a "gather step" in shorter drops. Similar to what Baker did in his early days, that has his right foot out in front of him, delaying his arm mechanics for the throw. I know when Stefanski arrived it was an incredibly subtle thing, yet a larger mechanical issue they wanted to iron out. Footwork has been Baker's biggest mechanical struggle throughout his NFL career. He even had some trouble a couple years ago when he started with Tampa. If you don't have great structure early, it's a bitch to fix later and that shit lingers.
Building a QB is like anything else, it starts from the ground up. But, much like any proper foundation, widely overlooked, not given the weight of it's importance, or intentionally neglected. Anywho, yeah, his footwork in the RPO game delays the ball getting out. 3-5-7 step drops from under center are sloppy and not that, Tom Brady type deliberate, which should be every QB's gold standard.
- Throwing motion can be a real problem. Highly exaggerated wind-up. He doesn't do the Tim Tebow "windmill" (elbow drops too far) but the elongation behind his frame almost looks like someone getting into their shotput stance. Ball has zip when he gets it out, but I compare it to a trebuchet. There's also no consistency with his un-pressured delivery point. Sometimes you have to throw off-platform and adjust your delivery, that's modern QB'ing. Same with golf as it is with football. But like hitting the links, your swinging motion the other 90% of the time needs to be consistent and 2nd nature. If not? You'll never be par the course.
Those two right there are enough to drop him to a late day 2, early day 3 prospect. When your feet are a mess it effects everything. When you mix in the questionable mechanics as a passer, then you've essentially become a rebuilding project. The footwork needs to be torn down to the frame and rebuilt. The arm can be 2nd. Fix the feet and the delivery timing will naturally improve as will the accuracy. But unless the arm work is improved, that will be his limit. In that respect, that's where the Lamar Jackson comparison comes into play. Lamar's footwork has greatly improved in the NFL. His throwing motion still has the same base function as it did at Louisville, minus him elevating his delivery point to a more 2/3rds rotation.
I see glimpses of Green going through progressions. Arkansas looks like they play a heavy pure progression system. I didn't see any evidence of full field reads. They like to limit to half field and play the common 1-->2-->check Other times I see him lock and fire onto his primary, which gets him into trouble or doesn't Maximize the Concept. As a result, yards are left on the table.
Physically the kid has gifts. That alone will get him drafted. But right now I don't see his gifts as a runner being enough to compensate for his deficiencies as a passer early on. Similar to Anthony Richardson - he's ready to be a full time athlete, but he has a long way to go before he's a comprehensive, NFL QB.
Sorry for the delayed response man.
I really appreciate the breakdown! The Vince Young comparison makes a lot more sense now that I look at it. Guess I first thought Jackson because Monken coached him in Baltimore.
Sounds like Green is a Day 2 or Day 3 pick at best. Really appreciate the breakdown and opinion!
@gator said:
Sorry for the delayed response man.
I really appreciate the breakdown! The Vince Young comparison makes a lot more sense now that I look at it. Guess I first thought Jackson because Monken coached him in Baltimore.
Sounds like Green is a Day 2 or Day 3 pick at best. Really appreciate the breakdown and opinion!
Zero reason to apologize. I'm humbled anytime someone asks for my input. So I try to give my best.
Happy to help shed some light. I may have more on Green another time. I exchanged some film with a guy on Twitter & got more all-22 of the Arkansas offense.
If you have it, you're welcomed to follow my work on that app or at the BrainyBallers site when we we things out from the Youtube page.
-
Here are all of Andrew Berry's past picks from 2020 thru 2025
Thanks for sharing he generally favors younger prospects and those with higher than average RAS scores.
Sonny Styles 21 and RAS score of 9.9 same with Monroe Freeling.
David Bailey 9.67 he’s 22.
Lomu 9.88 but he’s older I believe
Francis Mauigoa 8.74.
Thanks for sharing he generally favors younger prospects and those with higher than average RAS scores.
Sonny Styles 21 and RAS score of 9.9 same with Monroe Freeling.
David Bailey 9.67 he’s 22.
Lomu 9.88 but he’s older I believe
Francis Mauigoa 8.74.
Lomu is only 21 according to 2 different sources (but one of those had the incorrect DOB that made it look like he was 24) so that's where some confusion may linger on to us fans.
-
I brought up that I like Concepcion for the #24 pick to my buddy yesterday at lunch, and he's not a fan. Said he runs basically two routes. What say you?
Dutch this video shows more than 2 routes by Concepcion. FWIW, sometimes a limitation/restriction of use of all the routes within the passing tree is set by an OC/HC more so to help a QB than just 1 WR. This highlight will show they even like to use him instead of their RB on some of the runs/short routes usually designated exclusively for RBs. They use him the way the Browns SHOULD have used Metcalf as opposed to Metcalf up the middle (before Metcalf's next 3 NFL employers used him as a productive WR/Slot/Flanker in space. Slotting or flanking or putting him in motion off the LOS makes press covering him next to impossible). A&M didn't get that extreme obviously but I think their very intelligent HC knew who his top scoring weapon was.
Dutch this video shows more than 2 routes by Concepcion. FWIW, sometimes a limitation/restriction of use of all the routes within the passing tree is set by an OC/HC more so to help a QB than just 1 WR. This highlight will show they even like to use him instead of their RB on some of the runs/short routes usually designated exclusively for RBs. They use him the way the Browns SHOULD have used Metcalf as opposed to Metcalf up the middle (before Metcalf's next 3 NFL employers used him as a productive WR/Slot/Flanker in space. Slotting or flanking or putting him in motion off the LOS makes press covering him next to impossible). A&M didn't get that extreme obviously but I think their very intelligent HC knew who his top scoring weapon was.
He reminds me a lot like Webster Slaughter... I love the kid..
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
