Skip to content

Draft so you can win more games

The Browns Board
284 17 13.6k 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    so, if Dallas called, and wanted to trade up to our six pick.....

    giving us their two first round picks at 12 and 20 right before the steelers pick at 21....

    good idea or very bad idea to trade down?

    probably not going to happen, since they don't have a second or a third round pick round pick this year, but...

  • so, if Dallas called, and wanted to trade up to our six pick.....

    giving us their two first round picks at 12 and 20 right before the steelers pick at 21....

    good idea or very bad idea to trade down?

    probably not going to happen, since they don't have a second or a third round pick round pick this year, but...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    so, if Dallas called, and wanted to trade up to our six pick.....

    giving us their two first round picks at 12 and 20 right before the steelers pick at 21....

    good idea or very bad idea to trade down?

    probably not going to happen, since they don't have a second or a third round pick round pick this year, but...

    Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles. 

    12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Dallas, without a 2nd round pick, should stay right where they are and pick two 1st round players.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    so, if Dallas called, and wanted to trade up to our six pick.....

    giving us their two first round picks at 12 and 20 right before the steelers pick at 21....

    good idea or very bad idea to trade down?

    probably not going to happen, since they don't have a second or a third round pick round pick this year, but...

    Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles. 

    12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles. 

    12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts. 

    I looked at the draft pick trade points chart, and their two first rounders were more than enough points for the six pick. But, the bears traded their entire draft one year, so.......lol

  • Dallas, without a 2nd round pick, should stay right where they are and pick two 1st round players.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Dallas, without a 2nd round pick, should stay right where they are and pick two 1st round players.

    I think they will stay, they don't have a third round pick either, unless I missed it.

  • @orion said:

    Dallas, without a 2nd round pick, should stay right where they are and pick two 1st round players.

    I think they will stay, they don't have a third round pick either, unless I missed it.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think they will stay, they don't have a third round pick either, unless I missed it.

    They have a 3rd...but it's the 28th pick of the round.  

  • @orion said:

    Fano or Tate at 6.  I'm all in on that.

    @syd said:

    or blake miller

    Something worth mentioning - when putting your best 5 on the field, Tytus Howard wasn't brought in to *not be a starter.  And, to keep relative strength of the line intact, he's best suited to stay at RT. 

    So either elaborate smoke screen (unlikely) or the Browns saying they're going to focus on LT's.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Something worth mentioning - when putting your best 5 on the field, Tytus Howard wasn't brought in to *not be a starter.  And, to keep relative strength of the line intact, he's best suited to stay at RT. 

    So either elaborate smoke screen (unlikely) or the Browns saying they're going to focus on LT's.

    I know it did not work with wills was it just injuries or he just did not play with any heart ? so how hard is it to switch from RT to LT ?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Based on multi reporting, the Browns have brought the following in for pre-draft team 30 visits:

    hmm...no Fano visit...

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    hmm...no Fano visit...

    @syd said:

    or blake miller

    Good Catch !  Looks like..

    Reese/Fano/ Miller/Mauigoa & a few others...

    Had Formal Combine Interviews with the Browns at Indy per this SI..

    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/onsi/news/browns-2026-pre-draft-meetings-and-visits-tracker-where-is-cleveland-s-focus-on-01kp1mjh7e91

    Prospect

    Position

    School

    Combine

    Top-30

    Private

    David Bailey

    Edge

    Texas Tech

    Yes

    Arvell Reese

    Edge

    Ohio State

    Formal

    R Mason Thomas

    Edge

    Oklahoma

    Yes

    Micah Morris

    Guard

    Georgia

    Formal

    Markel Bell

    Offensive Tackle

    Miami

    Formal

    Yes

    Spencer Fano

    Offensive Tackle

    Utah

    Formal

    Monroe Freeling

    Offensive Tackle

    Georgia

    Formal

    Yes

    Caleb Lomu

    Offensive Tackle

    Utah

    Formal

    Yes

    Francis Mauigoa

    Offensive Tackle

    Miami

    Formal

    Blake Miller

    Offensive Tackle

    Clemson

    Formal

    Kadyn Proctor

    Offensive Tackle

    Alabama

    Formal

    Yes

    Drew Allar

    Quarterback

    Penn State

    Informal

    Carson Beck

    Quarterback

    Miami

    Formal

    Behren Morton

    Quarterback

    Texas Tech

    Formal

    Ty Simpson

    Quarterback

    Alabama

    Formal

    Yes

    Cash Jones

    Running back

    Georgia

    Yes

    Emmanuel McNeil-Warren

    Safety

    Toledo

    Yes

    Oscar Delp

    Tight End

    Georgia

    Formal

    Yes

    Kenyon Sadiq

    Tight End

    Oregon

    Yes

    Eli Stowers

    Tight End

    Vanderbilt

    Formal

    Chris Bell

    Wide Receiver

    Louisville

    Yes

    Germie Bernard

    Wide Receiver

    Alabama

    Yes

    Denzel Boston

    Wide Receiver

    Washington

    Formal

    Yes

    KC Concepcion

    Wide Receiver

    Texas A&M

    Yes

    Omar Cooper Jr.

    Wide Receiver

    Indiana

    Yes

    Makai Lemon

    Wide Receiver

    USC

    Formal

    Yes

    Carnell Tate

    Wide Receiver

    Ohio State

    Formal

    Yes

    Jordyn Tyson

    Wide Receiver

    Arizona State

    Formal

    Yes

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles. 

    12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts. 

    I looked at the draft pick trade points chart, and their two first rounders were more than enough points for the six pick. But, the bears traded their entire draft one year, so.......lol

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I looked at the draft pick trade points chart, and their two first rounders were more than enough points for the six pick. But, the bears traded their entire draft one year, so.......lol

    Yep, on puff Ricky puff.

  • @orion said:

    Dallas, without a 2nd round pick, should stay right where they are and pick two 1st round players.

    I think they will stay, they don't have a third round pick either, unless I missed it.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think they will stay, they don't have a third round pick either, unless I missed it.

    They do.  Todd McShay floated the trade idea of the Browns give 6th 

    We get the 12th, Cowboys third round pick and Cowboys 2nd round pick next year.

    This trade allows the Cowboys to get an elite defender (Styles, Downs) keep the 20th to add a corner.  From here I would trade out of 20 if I were the cowboys get more picks and add a corner in the second. 
     

    We get draft capital to add a QB in 2027 

  • @orion said:

    Fano or Tate at 6.  I'm all in on that.

    @syd said:

    or blake miller

    Something worth mentioning - when putting your best 5 on the field, Tytus Howard wasn't brought in to *not be a starter.  And, to keep relative strength of the line intact, he's best suited to stay at RT. 

    So either elaborate smoke screen (unlikely) or the Browns saying they're going to focus on LT's.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @tiamat63 said:

    Something worth mentioning - when putting your best 5 on the field, Tytus Howard wasn't brought in to *not be a starter.  And, to keep relative strength of the line intact, he's best suited to stay at RT. 

    So either elaborate smoke screen (unlikely) or the Browns saying they're going to focus on LT's.

    True - this was a move to give the Browns insurance at these 3 positions RT, LG, RG - Ready for this? Just like his previous team. Below shows how many snaps he played at each position as well as how well he ranked:

    image.thumb.png.18c88cdbaa3d116d0030fed3c2263ebd.png

  • sydS syd

    @tiamat63 said:

    Something worth mentioning - when putting your best 5 on the field, Tytus Howard wasn't brought in to *not be a starter.  And, to keep relative strength of the line intact, he's best suited to stay at RT. 

    So either elaborate smoke screen (unlikely) or the Browns saying they're going to focus on LT's.

    I know it did not work with wills was it just injuries or he just did not play with any heart ? so how hard is it to switch from RT to LT ?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @syd said:

    I know it did not work with wills was it just injuries or he just did not play with any heart ?

     Plenty of reasons. Some are more subjective than others.  But the objective reasons tie in below. 

    @syd said:

    so how hard is it to switch from RT to LT ?

     Depends on who you ask.  But I'm a big believer that you don't try to fight the natural neurology of someone's kick, set & prefered guide hand usage. 

     Not that players can't switch sides and find success.  You also have the rare players, like switch hitters at the plate, who just seem so fluid on either side.   I think there's a certain bravado to it as well for those who say it's easy, or the transition was easy for them.  Players hate acknowledging self weaknesses.  I.E. cornerbacks who only play one side of the ball.  I only ever met one dude who straight up asked if we could play L/R CB because he only felt comfortable playing LCB.   It's a pride thing, but I knew more corners felt that way. 

     Kinestetics is a fascinating science.  Right handed?  Read a sentence on a piece of paper, then write out that same sentence underneath it. You didn't have to think about the 'how' or technique behind your writing, you just did. 

     Do that same thing, but left handed. Now you've added the element of actually having to *think about 'how' you're going to write the words out.   That alone adds another element, another layer of cognitive processing which may add to the, borrowing a technical term, latency, (delay) of 'thought'-->physical action.  

     So for me, I want the player whose transition to the NFL isn't made more difficult by having to add in those further cognitive processes. I want the natural reaction, the "without thinking" only made possible from 10s of thousands of hours doing something. 

     I also penciled in Howard as our RT starter for 2 seasons.  RT is his primary and best spot.  So moving him to LT, then inserting a rookie, feels like I potentially weaken 2 positions along the most unique unit in all of football (OL) 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    so, if Dallas called, and wanted to trade up to our six pick.....

    giving us their two first round picks at 12 and 20 right before the steelers pick at 21....

    good idea or very bad idea to trade down?

    probably not going to happen, since they don't have a second or a third round pick round pick this year, but...

    Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles. 

    12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles. 

    12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts. 

    Here's Mel Kiper's latest Mock Draft from earlier today (DON'T FORGET HE'S A RATBIRD FAN) doing the trade w/ Dallas where the Browns end up with pick# 12, #20, #24. For the most part I've enjoyed him over the years even with that flaw in all caps above.  This time though? This is exactly what our division rivals would want Cleveland to do to themselves except for Denzel Boston:

    Who wants a LT addicted to the couch and food? The corner he selected missed the 2025 season with an ACL injury so LSU CB Mansoor Delane would be a much safer choice right?  Dane Brugler's idea of drafting Miami LT Markell Bell in round 3 or 4 could be a much wiser selection especially if Dawand Jones begins the year as the starter at LT...

  • @syd said:

    I know it did not work with wills was it just injuries or he just did not play with any heart ?

     Plenty of reasons. Some are more subjective than others.  But the objective reasons tie in below. 

    @syd said:

    so how hard is it to switch from RT to LT ?

     Depends on who you ask.  But I'm a big believer that you don't try to fight the natural neurology of someone's kick, set & prefered guide hand usage. 

     Not that players can't switch sides and find success.  You also have the rare players, like switch hitters at the plate, who just seem so fluid on either side.   I think there's a certain bravado to it as well for those who say it's easy, or the transition was easy for them.  Players hate acknowledging self weaknesses.  I.E. cornerbacks who only play one side of the ball.  I only ever met one dude who straight up asked if we could play L/R CB because he only felt comfortable playing LCB.   It's a pride thing, but I knew more corners felt that way. 

     Kinestetics is a fascinating science.  Right handed?  Read a sentence on a piece of paper, then write out that same sentence underneath it. You didn't have to think about the 'how' or technique behind your writing, you just did. 

     Do that same thing, but left handed. Now you've added the element of actually having to *think about 'how' you're going to write the words out.   That alone adds another element, another layer of cognitive processing which may add to the, borrowing a technical term, latency, (delay) of 'thought'-->physical action.  

     So for me, I want the player whose transition to the NFL isn't made more difficult by having to add in those further cognitive processes. I want the natural reaction, the "without thinking" only made possible from 10s of thousands of hours doing something. 

     I also penciled in Howard as our RT starter for 2 seasons.  RT is his primary and best spot.  So moving him to LT, then inserting a rookie, feels like I potentially weaken 2 positions along the most unique unit in all of football (OL) 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

     Plenty of reasons. Some are more subjective than others.  But the objective reasons tie in below. 

     Depends on who you ask.  But I'm a big believer that you don't try to fight the natural neurology of someone's kick, set & prefered guide hand usage. 

     Not that players can't switch sides and find success.  You also have the rare players, like switch hitters at the plate, who just seem so fluid on either side.   I think there's a certain bravado to it as well for those who say it's easy, or the transition was easy for them.  Players hate acknowledging self weaknesses.  I.E. cornerbacks who only play one side of the ball.  I only ever met one dude who straight up asked if we could play L/R CB because he only felt comfortable playing LCB.   It's a pride thing, but I knew more corners felt that way. 

     Kinestetics is a fascinating science.  Right handed?  Read a sentence on a piece of paper, then write out that same sentence underneath it. You didn't have to think about the 'how' or technique behind your writing, you just did. 

     Do that same thing, but left handed. Now you've added the element of actually having to *think about 'how' you're going to write the words out.   That alone adds another element, another layer of cognitive processing which may add to the, borrowing a technical term, latency, (delay) of 'thought'-->physical action.  

     So for me, I want the player whose transition to the NFL isn't made more difficult by having to add in those further cognitive processes. I want the natural reaction, the "without thinking" only made possible from 10s of thousands of hours doing something. 

     I also penciled in Howard as our RT starter for 2 seasons.  RT is his primary and best spot.  So moving him to LT, then inserting a rookie, feels like I potentially weaken 2 positions along the most unique unit in all of football (OL) 

    ok then, who is worthy of a first round pick to play LT ? seems to me besides Blake or that kid from Utah all others should be on the other side of the line

  • sydS syd

    @tiamat63 said:

     Plenty of reasons. Some are more subjective than others.  But the objective reasons tie in below. 

     Depends on who you ask.  But I'm a big believer that you don't try to fight the natural neurology of someone's kick, set & prefered guide hand usage. 

     Not that players can't switch sides and find success.  You also have the rare players, like switch hitters at the plate, who just seem so fluid on either side.   I think there's a certain bravado to it as well for those who say it's easy, or the transition was easy for them.  Players hate acknowledging self weaknesses.  I.E. cornerbacks who only play one side of the ball.  I only ever met one dude who straight up asked if we could play L/R CB because he only felt comfortable playing LCB.   It's a pride thing, but I knew more corners felt that way. 

     Kinestetics is a fascinating science.  Right handed?  Read a sentence on a piece of paper, then write out that same sentence underneath it. You didn't have to think about the 'how' or technique behind your writing, you just did. 

     Do that same thing, but left handed. Now you've added the element of actually having to *think about 'how' you're going to write the words out.   That alone adds another element, another layer of cognitive processing which may add to the, borrowing a technical term, latency, (delay) of 'thought'-->physical action.  

     So for me, I want the player whose transition to the NFL isn't made more difficult by having to add in those further cognitive processes. I want the natural reaction, the "without thinking" only made possible from 10s of thousands of hours doing something. 

     I also penciled in Howard as our RT starter for 2 seasons.  RT is his primary and best spot.  So moving him to LT, then inserting a rookie, feels like I potentially weaken 2 positions along the most unique unit in all of football (OL) 

    ok then, who is worthy of a first round pick to play LT ? seems to me besides Blake or that kid from Utah all others should be on the other side of the line

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @syd said:

    ok then, who is worthy of a first round pick to play LT ? seems to me besides Blake or that kid from Utah all others should be on the other side of the line

    Can't fully answer that yet.  Might be none. 

    - I want no part of Proctor. 

    - I'm bullish on switching tackles to different sides. 

    - I was emailed some more Caleb Lomu film and now he's falling down my board.  Athletically he's all there.  Technically, he has quite a long way to go. (Set, Hand & pass pro strike sync) 

    Edit:  Maybe that's the case with the Browns brass. Maybe they're seeing the same things?  So that means their answer could be. 

    - Draft the most developed RT and transition him to LT. 

    - Draft RT.  Kick Tytus Howard over to LT to hold down the point while they draft LT of the future in later rounds 2026, or early-ish 2027. 

  • @syd said:

    ok then, who is worthy of a first round pick to play LT ? seems to me besides Blake or that kid from Utah all others should be on the other side of the line

    Can't fully answer that yet.  Might be none. 

    - I want no part of Proctor. 

    - I'm bullish on switching tackles to different sides. 

    - I was emailed some more Caleb Lomu film and now he's falling down my board.  Athletically he's all there.  Technically, he has quite a long way to go. (Set, Hand & pass pro strike sync) 

    Edit:  Maybe that's the case with the Browns brass. Maybe they're seeing the same things?  So that means their answer could be. 

    - Draft the most developed RT and transition him to LT. 

    - Draft RT.  Kick Tytus Howard over to LT to hold down the point while they draft LT of the future in later rounds 2026, or early-ish 2027. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    - Draft the most developed RT and transition him to LT. 

    Why not draft Fano?  The guy that can play either...

  • @calfoxwc said:

    so, if Dallas called, and wanted to trade up to our six pick.....

    giving us their two first round picks at 12 and 20 right before the steelers pick at 21....

    good idea or very bad idea to trade down?

    probably not going to happen, since they don't have a second or a third round pick round pick this year, but...

    Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles. 

    12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles. 

    12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts. 

    Saw at a recent The Athletic Mock..

    6. Dallas Cowboys (from CLE*): Sonny Styles, LB, Ohio State

    *Projected trade: Browns receive Nos. 12, 20 and a 2027 fourth-round pick; Cowboys receive Nos. 6 and 39*

    The Cowboys could sit at No. 12 and have an impact defender fall to them, but it won’t be surprising if the organization gets aggressive. Styles would not only be an immediate starter at a position of need, but also wear the green dot as a rookie.

    In this projected trade, the Cowboys surrender two of the first-rounders they hold this year (plus a 2027 pick), but they get back into Round 2.

    Full 2026 NFL mock draft: Dane Brugler predicts all 7 rounds and 257 picks - The Athletic

    Cleveland Browns

    1 (12). Spencer Fano, OT, Utah (Sadiq,Lemon,Vega,Freeling)
    1 (20). KC Concepcion, WR, Texas A&M  (Omar Cooper, K. Proctor)
    1 (24). Emmanuel McNeil-Warren, S, Toledo (Lomu,D.Boston,Blake Miller)
    3 (70). Derrick Moore, edge, Michigan
    4 (107). Markell Bell, OT, Miami
    5 (146). Will Kacmarek, TE, Ohio State
    5 (149). Jadon Canady, CB, Oregon
    6 (206). David Gusta, DT, Kentucky
    7 (248). Karson Sharar, LB, Iowa

  • @tiamat63 said:

    - Draft the most developed RT and transition him to LT. 

    Why not draft Fano?  The guy that can play either...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Why not draft Fano?  The guy that can play either...

     Goes back to my comments about asking players to make switches while growing into a role they're specializing in. 

     Many believed that Travis Hunter was so transcendent a talent, that he could play both sides of the ball equally. Turns out, in the modern NFL, because these kids are receiving such focused training at such a young age; that sort of thing has gone the way of the dodo bird.  

     So if we're draft Fano because you believe he's the long term future, and his best position is RT - then keep him there.  

     Without an extended viewing (yet) I can't give an endorsement.   Right now, after the extra stuff sent to me about Caleb Lomu, Blake Miller is my current leader for OT (RT)

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Well only one more week of speculation to go before we mess up another OL.?

  • @orion said:

    Why not draft Fano?  The guy that can play either...

     Goes back to my comments about asking players to make switches while growing into a role they're specializing in. 

     Many believed that Travis Hunter was so transcendent a talent, that he could play both sides of the ball equally. Turns out, in the modern NFL, because these kids are receiving such focused training at such a young age; that sort of thing has gone the way of the dodo bird.  

     So if we're draft Fano because you believe he's the long term future, and his best position is RT - then keep him there.  

     Without an extended viewing (yet) I can't give an endorsement.   Right now, after the extra stuff sent to me about Caleb Lomu, Blake Miller is my current leader for OT (RT)

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

     Goes back to my comments about asking players to make switches while growing into a role they're specializing in. 

     Many believed that Travis Hunter was so transcendent a talent, that he could play both sides of the ball equally. Turns out, in the modern NFL, because these kids are receiving such focused training at such a young age; that sort of thing has gone the way of the dodo bird.  

     So if we're draft Fano because you believe he's the long term future, and his best position is RT - then keep him there.  

     Without an extended viewing (yet) I can't give an endorsement.   Right now, after the extra stuff sent to me about Caleb Lomu, Blake Miller is my current leader for OT (RT)

    ok then I am bringing in someone like Decker to man the position for the year, and draft a OT in the 3rd to develop ,Go ahead and pick BPA at 6 and 24, or draft two wr's