Draft so you can win more games
-
hmm...no Fano visit...
or blake miller
Good Catch ! Looks like..
Reese/Fano/ Miller/Mauigoa & a few others...
Had Formal Combine Interviews with the Browns at Indy per this SI..
Prospect
Position
School
Combine
Top-30
Private
David Bailey
Edge
Texas Tech
Yes
Arvell Reese
Edge
Ohio State
Formal
R Mason Thomas
Edge
Oklahoma
Yes
Micah Morris
Guard
Georgia
Formal
Markel Bell
Offensive Tackle
Miami
Formal
Yes
Spencer Fano
Offensive Tackle
Utah
Formal
Monroe Freeling
Offensive Tackle
Georgia
Formal
Yes
Caleb Lomu
Offensive Tackle
Utah
Formal
Yes
Francis Mauigoa
Offensive Tackle
Miami
Formal
Blake Miller
Offensive Tackle
Clemson
Formal
Kadyn Proctor
Offensive Tackle
Alabama
Formal
Yes
Drew Allar
Quarterback
Penn State
Informal
Carson Beck
Quarterback
Miami
Formal
Behren Morton
Quarterback
Texas Tech
Formal
Ty Simpson
Quarterback
Alabama
Formal
Yes
Cash Jones
Running back
Georgia
Yes
Emmanuel McNeil-Warren
Safety
Toledo
Yes
Oscar Delp
Tight End
Georgia
Formal
Yes
Kenyon Sadiq
Tight End
Oregon
Yes
Eli Stowers
Tight End
Vanderbilt
Formal
Chris Bell
Wide Receiver
Louisville
Yes
Germie Bernard
Wide Receiver
Alabama
Yes
Denzel Boston
Wide Receiver
Washington
Formal
Yes
KC Concepcion
Wide Receiver
Texas A&M
Yes
Omar Cooper Jr.
Wide Receiver
Indiana
Yes
Makai Lemon
Wide Receiver
USC
Formal
Yes
Carnell Tate
Wide Receiver
Ohio State
Formal
Yes
Jordyn Tyson
Wide Receiver
Arizona State
Formal
Yes
-
Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles.
12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts.
I looked at the draft pick trade points chart, and their two first rounders were more than enough points for the six pick. But, the bears traded their entire draft one year, so.......lol
-
I think they will stay, they don't have a third round pick either, unless I missed it.
They do. Todd McShay floated the trade idea of the Browns give 6th
We get the 12th, Cowboys third round pick and Cowboys 2nd round pick next year.
This trade allows the Cowboys to get an elite defender (Styles, Downs) keep the 20th to add a corner. From here I would trade out of 20 if I were the cowboys get more picks and add a corner in the second.
We get draft capital to add a QB in 2027
-
Fano or Tate at 6. I'm all in on that.
or blake miller
Something worth mentioning - when putting your best 5 on the field, Tytus Howard wasn't brought in to *not be a starter. And, to keep relative strength of the line intact, he's best suited to stay at RT.
So either elaborate smoke screen (unlikely) or the Browns saying they're going to focus on LT's.
Something worth mentioning - when putting your best 5 on the field, Tytus Howard wasn't brought in to *not be a starter. And, to keep relative strength of the line intact, he's best suited to stay at RT.
So either elaborate smoke screen (unlikely) or the Browns saying they're going to focus on LT's.
True - this was a move to give the Browns insurance at these 3 positions RT, LG, RG - Ready for this? Just like his previous team. Below shows how many snaps he played at each position as well as how well he ranked:
-
Something worth mentioning - when putting your best 5 on the field, Tytus Howard wasn't brought in to *not be a starter. And, to keep relative strength of the line intact, he's best suited to stay at RT.
So either elaborate smoke screen (unlikely) or the Browns saying they're going to focus on LT's.
I know it did not work with wills was it just injuries or he just did not play with any heart ? so how hard is it to switch from RT to LT ?
I know it did not work with wills was it just injuries or he just did not play with any heart ?
Plenty of reasons. Some are more subjective than others. But the objective reasons tie in below.
so how hard is it to switch from RT to LT ?
Depends on who you ask. But I'm a big believer that you don't try to fight the natural neurology of someone's kick, set & prefered guide hand usage.
Not that players can't switch sides and find success. You also have the rare players, like switch hitters at the plate, who just seem so fluid on either side. I think there's a certain bravado to it as well for those who say it's easy, or the transition was easy for them. Players hate acknowledging self weaknesses. I.E. cornerbacks who only play one side of the ball. I only ever met one dude who straight up asked if we could play L/R CB because he only felt comfortable playing LCB. It's a pride thing, but I knew more corners felt that way.
Kinestetics is a fascinating science. Right handed? Read a sentence on a piece of paper, then write out that same sentence underneath it. You didn't have to think about the 'how' or technique behind your writing, you just did.
Do that same thing, but left handed. Now you've added the element of actually having to *think about 'how' you're going to write the words out. That alone adds another element, another layer of cognitive processing which may add to the, borrowing a technical term, latency, (delay) of 'thought'-->physical action.
So for me, I want the player whose transition to the NFL isn't made more difficult by having to add in those further cognitive processes. I want the natural reaction, the "without thinking" only made possible from 10s of thousands of hours doing something.
I also penciled in Howard as our RT starter for 2 seasons. RT is his primary and best spot. So moving him to LT, then inserting a rookie, feels like I potentially weaken 2 positions along the most unique unit in all of football (OL)
-
so, if Dallas called, and wanted to trade up to our six pick.....
giving us their two first round picks at 12 and 20 right before the steelers pick at 21....
good idea or very bad idea to trade down?
probably not going to happen, since they don't have a second or a third round pick round pick this year, but...
Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles.
12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts.
Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles.
12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts.
Here's Mel Kiper's latest Mock Draft from earlier today (DON'T FORGET HE'S A RATBIRD FAN) doing the trade w/ Dallas where the Browns end up with pick# 12, #20, #24. For the most part I've enjoyed him over the years even with that flaw in all caps above. This time though? This is exactly what our division rivals would want Cleveland to do to themselves except for Denzel Boston:
Who wants a LT addicted to the couch and food? The corner he selected missed the 2025 season with an ACL injury so LSU CB Mansoor Delane would be a much safer choice right? Dane Brugler's idea of drafting Miami LT Markell Bell in round 3 or 4 could be a much wiser selection especially if Dawand Jones begins the year as the starter at LT...
-
I know it did not work with wills was it just injuries or he just did not play with any heart ?
Plenty of reasons. Some are more subjective than others. But the objective reasons tie in below.
so how hard is it to switch from RT to LT ?
Depends on who you ask. But I'm a big believer that you don't try to fight the natural neurology of someone's kick, set & prefered guide hand usage.
Not that players can't switch sides and find success. You also have the rare players, like switch hitters at the plate, who just seem so fluid on either side. I think there's a certain bravado to it as well for those who say it's easy, or the transition was easy for them. Players hate acknowledging self weaknesses. I.E. cornerbacks who only play one side of the ball. I only ever met one dude who straight up asked if we could play L/R CB because he only felt comfortable playing LCB. It's a pride thing, but I knew more corners felt that way.
Kinestetics is a fascinating science. Right handed? Read a sentence on a piece of paper, then write out that same sentence underneath it. You didn't have to think about the 'how' or technique behind your writing, you just did.
Do that same thing, but left handed. Now you've added the element of actually having to *think about 'how' you're going to write the words out. That alone adds another element, another layer of cognitive processing which may add to the, borrowing a technical term, latency, (delay) of 'thought'-->physical action.
So for me, I want the player whose transition to the NFL isn't made more difficult by having to add in those further cognitive processes. I want the natural reaction, the "without thinking" only made possible from 10s of thousands of hours doing something.
I also penciled in Howard as our RT starter for 2 seasons. RT is his primary and best spot. So moving him to LT, then inserting a rookie, feels like I potentially weaken 2 positions along the most unique unit in all of football (OL)
Plenty of reasons. Some are more subjective than others. But the objective reasons tie in below.
Depends on who you ask. But I'm a big believer that you don't try to fight the natural neurology of someone's kick, set & prefered guide hand usage.
Not that players can't switch sides and find success. You also have the rare players, like switch hitters at the plate, who just seem so fluid on either side. I think there's a certain bravado to it as well for those who say it's easy, or the transition was easy for them. Players hate acknowledging self weaknesses. I.E. cornerbacks who only play one side of the ball. I only ever met one dude who straight up asked if we could play L/R CB because he only felt comfortable playing LCB. It's a pride thing, but I knew more corners felt that way.
Kinestetics is a fascinating science. Right handed? Read a sentence on a piece of paper, then write out that same sentence underneath it. You didn't have to think about the 'how' or technique behind your writing, you just did.
Do that same thing, but left handed. Now you've added the element of actually having to *think about 'how' you're going to write the words out. That alone adds another element, another layer of cognitive processing which may add to the, borrowing a technical term, latency, (delay) of 'thought'-->physical action.
So for me, I want the player whose transition to the NFL isn't made more difficult by having to add in those further cognitive processes. I want the natural reaction, the "without thinking" only made possible from 10s of thousands of hours doing something.
I also penciled in Howard as our RT starter for 2 seasons. RT is his primary and best spot. So moving him to LT, then inserting a rookie, feels like I potentially weaken 2 positions along the most unique unit in all of football (OL)
ok then, who is worthy of a first round pick to play LT ? seems to me besides Blake or that kid from Utah all others should be on the other side of the line
-
Plenty of reasons. Some are more subjective than others. But the objective reasons tie in below.
Depends on who you ask. But I'm a big believer that you don't try to fight the natural neurology of someone's kick, set & prefered guide hand usage.
Not that players can't switch sides and find success. You also have the rare players, like switch hitters at the plate, who just seem so fluid on either side. I think there's a certain bravado to it as well for those who say it's easy, or the transition was easy for them. Players hate acknowledging self weaknesses. I.E. cornerbacks who only play one side of the ball. I only ever met one dude who straight up asked if we could play L/R CB because he only felt comfortable playing LCB. It's a pride thing, but I knew more corners felt that way.
Kinestetics is a fascinating science. Right handed? Read a sentence on a piece of paper, then write out that same sentence underneath it. You didn't have to think about the 'how' or technique behind your writing, you just did.
Do that same thing, but left handed. Now you've added the element of actually having to *think about 'how' you're going to write the words out. That alone adds another element, another layer of cognitive processing which may add to the, borrowing a technical term, latency, (delay) of 'thought'-->physical action.
So for me, I want the player whose transition to the NFL isn't made more difficult by having to add in those further cognitive processes. I want the natural reaction, the "without thinking" only made possible from 10s of thousands of hours doing something.
I also penciled in Howard as our RT starter for 2 seasons. RT is his primary and best spot. So moving him to LT, then inserting a rookie, feels like I potentially weaken 2 positions along the most unique unit in all of football (OL)
ok then, who is worthy of a first round pick to play LT ? seems to me besides Blake or that kid from Utah all others should be on the other side of the line
ok then, who is worthy of a first round pick to play LT ? seems to me besides Blake or that kid from Utah all others should be on the other side of the line
Can't fully answer that yet. Might be none.
- I want no part of Proctor.
- I'm bullish on switching tackles to different sides.
- I was emailed some more Caleb Lomu film and now he's falling down my board. Athletically he's all there. Technically, he has quite a long way to go. (Set, Hand & pass pro strike sync)
Edit: Maybe that's the case with the Browns brass. Maybe they're seeing the same things? So that means their answer could be.
- Draft the most developed RT and transition him to LT.
- Draft RT. Kick Tytus Howard over to LT to hold down the point while they draft LT of the future in later rounds 2026, or early-ish 2027.
-
ok then, who is worthy of a first round pick to play LT ? seems to me besides Blake or that kid from Utah all others should be on the other side of the line
Can't fully answer that yet. Might be none.
- I want no part of Proctor.
- I'm bullish on switching tackles to different sides.
- I was emailed some more Caleb Lomu film and now he's falling down my board. Athletically he's all there. Technically, he has quite a long way to go. (Set, Hand & pass pro strike sync)
Edit: Maybe that's the case with the Browns brass. Maybe they're seeing the same things? So that means their answer could be.
- Draft the most developed RT and transition him to LT.
- Draft RT. Kick Tytus Howard over to LT to hold down the point while they draft LT of the future in later rounds 2026, or early-ish 2027.
-
so, if Dallas called, and wanted to trade up to our six pick.....
giving us their two first round picks at 12 and 20 right before the steelers pick at 21....
good idea or very bad idea to trade down?
probably not going to happen, since they don't have a second or a third round pick round pick this year, but...
Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles.
12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts.
Good idea. And makes sense for them if they want Sonny Styles.
12, 2nd this year and 2nd next year for 6. Gives us a slight advantage on the charts.
Saw at a recent The Athletic Mock..
6. Dallas Cowboys (from CLE*): Sonny Styles, LB, Ohio State
*Projected trade: Browns receive Nos. 12, 20 and a 2027 fourth-round pick; Cowboys receive Nos. 6 and 39*
The Cowboys could sit at No. 12 and have an impact defender fall to them, but it won’t be surprising if the organization gets aggressive. Styles would not only be an immediate starter at a position of need, but also wear the green dot as a rookie.
In this projected trade, the Cowboys surrender two of the first-rounders they hold this year (plus a 2027 pick), but they get back into Round 2.
Full 2026 NFL mock draft: Dane Brugler predicts all 7 rounds and 257 picks - The AthleticCleveland Browns
1 (12). Spencer Fano, OT, Utah (Sadiq,Lemon,Vega,Freeling)
1 (20). KC Concepcion, WR, Texas A&M (Omar Cooper, K. Proctor)
1 (24). Emmanuel McNeil-Warren, S, Toledo (Lomu,D.Boston,Blake Miller)
3 (70). Derrick Moore, edge, Michigan
4 (107). Markell Bell, OT, Miami
5 (146). Will Kacmarek, TE, Ohio State
5 (149). Jadon Canady, CB, Oregon
6 (206). David Gusta, DT, Kentucky
7 (248). Karson Sharar, LB, Iowa -
Why not draft Fano? The guy that can play either...
Goes back to my comments about asking players to make switches while growing into a role they're specializing in.
Many believed that Travis Hunter was so transcendent a talent, that he could play both sides of the ball equally. Turns out, in the modern NFL, because these kids are receiving such focused training at such a young age; that sort of thing has gone the way of the dodo bird.
So if we're draft Fano because you believe he's the long term future, and his best position is RT - then keep him there.
Without an extended viewing (yet) I can't give an endorsement. Right now, after the extra stuff sent to me about Caleb Lomu, Blake Miller is my current leader for OT (RT)
-
Well only one more week of speculation to go before we mess up another OL.?
-
Why not draft Fano? The guy that can play either...
Goes back to my comments about asking players to make switches while growing into a role they're specializing in.
Many believed that Travis Hunter was so transcendent a talent, that he could play both sides of the ball equally. Turns out, in the modern NFL, because these kids are receiving such focused training at such a young age; that sort of thing has gone the way of the dodo bird.
So if we're draft Fano because you believe he's the long term future, and his best position is RT - then keep him there.
Without an extended viewing (yet) I can't give an endorsement. Right now, after the extra stuff sent to me about Caleb Lomu, Blake Miller is my current leader for OT (RT)
Goes back to my comments about asking players to make switches while growing into a role they're specializing in.
Many believed that Travis Hunter was so transcendent a talent, that he could play both sides of the ball equally. Turns out, in the modern NFL, because these kids are receiving such focused training at such a young age; that sort of thing has gone the way of the dodo bird.
So if we're draft Fano because you believe he's the long term future, and his best position is RT - then keep him there.
Without an extended viewing (yet) I can't give an endorsement. Right now, after the extra stuff sent to me about Caleb Lomu, Blake Miller is my current leader for OT (RT)
ok then I am bringing in someone like Decker to man the position for the year, and draft a OT in the 3rd to develop ,Go ahead and pick BPA at 6 and 24, or draft two wr's
-
Goes back to my comments about asking players to make switches while growing into a role they're specializing in.
Many believed that Travis Hunter was so transcendent a talent, that he could play both sides of the ball equally. Turns out, in the modern NFL, because these kids are receiving such focused training at such a young age; that sort of thing has gone the way of the dodo bird.
So if we're draft Fano because you believe he's the long term future, and his best position is RT - then keep him there.
Without an extended viewing (yet) I can't give an endorsement. Right now, after the extra stuff sent to me about Caleb Lomu, Blake Miller is my current leader for OT (RT)
ok then I am bringing in someone like Decker to man the position for the year, and draft a OT in the 3rd to develop ,Go ahead and pick BPA at 6 and 24, or draft two wr's
ok then I am bringing in someone like Decker to man the position for the year, and draft a OT in the 3rd to develop ,Go ahead and pick BPA at 6 and 24, or draft two wr's
If the finances allow, then sure. If not, Tytus Howard is being slid over to LT, draft a developmental player lower while addressing premium day 1 and higher day 2.
-
Why not draft Fano? The guy that can play either...
Goes back to my comments about asking players to make switches while growing into a role they're specializing in.
Many believed that Travis Hunter was so transcendent a talent, that he could play both sides of the ball equally. Turns out, in the modern NFL, because these kids are receiving such focused training at such a young age; that sort of thing has gone the way of the dodo bird.
So if we're draft Fano because you believe he's the long term future, and his best position is RT - then keep him there.
Without an extended viewing (yet) I can't give an endorsement. Right now, after the extra stuff sent to me about Caleb Lomu, Blake Miller is my current leader for OT (RT)
-
-
Goes back to my comments about asking players to make switches while growing into a role they're specializing in.
Many believed that Travis Hunter was so transcendent a talent, that he could play both sides of the ball equally. Turns out, in the modern NFL, because these kids are receiving such focused training at such a young age; that sort of thing has gone the way of the dodo bird.
So if we're draft Fano because you believe he's the long term future, and his best position is RT - then keep him there.
Without an extended viewing (yet) I can't give an endorsement. Right now, after the extra stuff sent to me about Caleb Lomu, Blake Miller is my current leader for OT (RT)
ok then I am bringing in someone like Decker to man the position for the year, and draft a OT in the 3rd to develop ,Go ahead and pick BPA at 6 and 24, or draft two wr's
ok then I am bringing in someone like Decker to man the position for the year, and draft a OT in the 3rd to develop ,Go ahead and pick BPA at 6 and 24, or draft two wr's
Welcome I’ve landed here as well. There didn’t appear to be a tackle and now specifically a LT that was worth the #6 overall pick.
Paying good talent #6 overall money and perhaps playing them in their second best spot. Or taking a higher rated talent at their natural position? What selection do the best organizations make?
-
-
Why not draft Fano? The guy that can play either...
5hours later and 3 games deep. I can tell you Fano, like his teammate Lomu, has really dropped down my board.
He has quick feet, like Caleb. But they both have significant technical limitations that need immediate improvement. Unlike Caleb, there are arm length concerns that showed up early and often for Spence, especially against TTU.
I wouldn't pencil either in as a day 1 starter. Top 20 pick has to be a day 1 starter.
-
ok then, who is worthy of a first round pick to play LT ? seems to me besides Blake or that kid from Utah all others should be on the other side of the line
Can't fully answer that yet. Might be none.
- I want no part of Proctor.
- I'm bullish on switching tackles to different sides.
- I was emailed some more Caleb Lomu film and now he's falling down my board. Athletically he's all there. Technically, he has quite a long way to go. (Set, Hand & pass pro strike sync)
Edit: Maybe that's the case with the Browns brass. Maybe they're seeing the same things? So that means their answer could be.
- Draft the most developed RT and transition him to LT.
- Draft RT. Kick Tytus Howard over to LT to hold down the point while they draft LT of the future in later rounds 2026, or early-ish 2027.
Can't fully answer that yet. Might be none.
- I want no part of Proctor.
- I'm bullish on switching tackles to different sides.
- I was emailed some more Caleb Lomu film and now he's falling down my board. Athletically he's all there. Technically, he has quite a long way to go. (Set, Hand & pass pro strike sync)
Edit: Maybe that's the case with the Browns brass. Maybe they're seeing the same things? So that means their answer could be.
- Draft the most developed RT and transition him to LT.
- Draft RT. Kick Tytus Howard over to LT to hold down the point while they draft LT of the future in later rounds 2026, or early-ish 2027.
I like your points and trust your knowledge; but just a reminder to even you - are we drafting rear view mirror (his 1st 2 years of college football)? If we went by that - how many people saw Mendoza going first in the 2026 draft (after his 2023 & 2024 seasons at Cal)? I think this time last year in a look ahead to the 2026 draft - McShay had Klubnik listed first. IMO, Mendoza went to the perfect program for his intellect and skill-set. Result? All good things tapped.
As for Lomu, what he lacks at arm length under 34" (still longer than Fano's) as a LT - he makes up for with the best footwork at the LT position this year. All that matters in pass pro is keeping oneself between his opponent and his QB until the pass is thrown. BUT when that seems to look ready to go awry with Lomu - he has the mind to know where his QB is in tandem with the knowledge of how to use his opponent's choice of path against the opponent by staying on him and riding that guy much deeper or further beyond threat to passer? Why/How? Feet. That poor defensive guy is breathing in so much Lomu ass breath in intimate space - he's gonna end the day thinking "that guy was a pain in my ass for 3 hours." I expect some change in this over the next 2 seasons in the sense of better recruitment of his handwork/upper torso where applicable. He's NOT a guard with ideal pad height for the lower centers of gravity frames at DT weighing in between 320 - 350 lbs+. I think you've alluded to that somewhere as well.
If we wanted a LT that could jolt guys back on his initial hand placement - it would be Kadyn Proctor. HOWEVER, it needs to be more than 20-30% of his pass pro sets - which is an elusive trend inviting too much wishful thinking for comfort. He did give the poor guy holding the pad at the combine the equivalent of a forklift from an angry bear. Aside from his lack of discipline with his body weight - he's very inconsistent with his initial contact which doesn't work well his heavy feet on the Left Edge. This seems like too much to wishful think for imo. Hope to God the Browns have the right person reviewing his film if he's the way they're leaning at this time. I'd make sure his contact has all kinds of ideal weight incentives...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login