Draft so you can win more games
-
I like Ty Simpson. I was probably the first person on here to bring him up, and I did it multiple times. I was intrigued, but he has mediocre size and all of 15 career college starts. It doesn't sit well with me that he came out this draft with such limited experience, makes me feel like he doesn't want to compete with what should be a much better '27 QB class.
The Browns are smart to bring him in, if only to give teams the impression they are interested in him. In a draft where their two big needs - WR and OLinemen (tackles specifically) do not have any slam dunk candidates (but both groups are relatively deep, especially WRs) it makes sense to make other teams wonder if we might take him. I'm sure the Browns would love to trade down from #6 if possible if they are targeting OLine and WRs.
But if they did draft him, it would be such a bad decision. Simpson needs to go to a team with a good QB room, somewhere that has an established starter and he can sit for a couple of seasons. The Rams would be a fantastic landing spot for him.
-
I like Ty Simpson. I was probably the first person on here to bring him up, and I did it multiple times. I was intrigued, but he has mediocre size and all of 15 career college starts. It doesn't sit well with me that he came out this draft with such limited experience, makes me feel like he doesn't want to compete with what should be a much better '27 QB class.
The Browns are smart to bring him in, if only to give teams the impression they are interested in him. In a draft where their two big needs - WR and OLinemen (tackles specifically) do not have any slam dunk candidates (but both groups are relatively deep, especially WRs) it makes sense to make other teams wonder if we might take him. I'm sure the Browns would love to trade down from #6 if possible if they are targeting OLine and WRs.
But if they did draft him, it would be such a bad decision. Simpson needs to go to a team with a good QB room, somewhere that has an established starter and he can sit for a couple of seasons. The Rams would be a fantastic landing spot for him.
The Rams would be a fantastic landing spot for him.
Simpson looks like Cleveland
Klubnik looks like LA
-
I like Ty Simpson. I was probably the first person on here to bring him up, and I did it multiple times. I was intrigued, but he has mediocre size and all of 15 career college starts. It doesn't sit well with me that he came out this draft with such limited experience, makes me feel like he doesn't want to compete with what should be a much better '27 QB class.
The Browns are smart to bring him in, if only to give teams the impression they are interested in him. In a draft where their two big needs - WR and OLinemen (tackles specifically) do not have any slam dunk candidates (but both groups are relatively deep, especially WRs) it makes sense to make other teams wonder if we might take him. I'm sure the Browns would love to trade down from #6 if possible if they are targeting OLine and WRs.
But if they did draft him, it would be such a bad decision. Simpson needs to go to a team with a good QB room, somewhere that has an established starter and he can sit for a couple of seasons. The Rams would be a fantastic landing spot for him.
I was intrigued, but he has mediocre size and all of 15 career college starts. It doesn't sit well with me
The thing that bothers me is that new HC's tend to want 'their' new QB. He can't have Fernando because we won the final two games of the season...but is he wanting Simpson as the consolation prize? Perhaps you're right and it's a smoke screen.
-
I was intrigued, but he has mediocre size and all of 15 career college starts. It doesn't sit well with me
The thing that bothers me is that new HC's tend to want 'their' new QB. He can't have Fernando because we won the final two games of the season...but is he wanting Simpson as the consolation prize? Perhaps you're right and it's a smoke screen.
The thing that bothers me is that new HC's tend to want 'their' new QB. He can't have Fernando because we won the final two games of the season...but is he wanting Simpson as the consolation prize? Perhaps you're right and it's a smoke screen.
I think something none of us are considering is it isn't guaranteed that Berry is secure with his job.
If you were a GM whose future is possibly tenuous, would you use one of the first round picks on a QB who might be seasons away from being able to produce at the NFL level, or use that pick on someone who can step in immediately and contribute?
-
The thing that bothers me is that new HC's tend to want 'their' new QB. He can't have Fernando because we won the final two games of the season...but is he wanting Simpson as the consolation prize? Perhaps you're right and it's a smoke screen.
I think something none of us are considering is it isn't guaranteed that Berry is secure with his job.
If you were a GM whose future is possibly tenuous, would you use one of the first round picks on a QB who might be seasons away from being able to produce at the NFL level, or use that pick on someone who can step in immediately and contribute?
I think something none of us are considering is it isn't guaranteed that Berry is secure with his job.
If you were a GM whose future is possibly tenuous, would you use one of the first round picks on a QB who might be seasons away from being able to produce at the NFL level, or use that pick on someone who can step in immediately and contribute?
That's a good point. Berry has got to continue his draft hot streak.
And then there's the Joker of the deck...Jimmuh. Is it possible that he's not satisfied having SheDufus (as ballpeen calls him) as the face of the team? He's already referred to Watson as a Swing and a Miss. And I truly doubt he's enamored with the midget.
You'd like to think that cooler heads would prevail. Like, we're saddled with Watson and his contract this year. Let's try and trade back, gain some capital that can be used next year for a QB in case neither Sanders or Watson prove to be the long term answer. But we have a Joker for an owner, a desperate GM and a new HC.
-
-
Yes...if you think a guy is generational talent you most probably pick him.
-
As of today I’m going with either LT Caleb Lomu or Morgan Freeling with the first pick (hopefully after moving down a wee bit) and with the second first rounder WR Denzel Boston or Omar Cooper.
-
As of today I’m going with either LT Caleb Lomu or Morgan Freeling with the first pick (hopefully after moving down a wee bit) and with the second first rounder WR Denzel Boston or Omar Cooper.
As of today I’m going with either LT Caleb Lomu or Morgan Freeling with the first pick (hopefully after moving down a wee bit) and with the second first rounder WR Denzel Boston or Omar Cooper.
As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion who also returns punts and KOs. Fills more needs and burns teams ATC.
-
As of today I’m going with either LT Caleb Lomu or Morgan Freeling with the first pick (hopefully after moving down a wee bit) and with the second first rounder WR Denzel Boston or Omar Cooper.
As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion who also returns punts and KOs. Fills more needs and burns teams ATC.
As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion who also returns punts and KOs. Fills more needs and burns teams ATC.
I'd love this.... or a guard. You know I've been on the KC bandwagon for months now.
-
As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion who also returns punts and KOs. Fills more needs and burns teams ATC.
I'd love this.... or a guard. You know I've been on the KC bandwagon for months now.
I'd love this.... or a guard. You know I've been on the KC bandwagon for months now.
Agree with you and Aggies. I want more BIG bastards than Cher for obviously different reasons. The good thing about OG is there is an abundance and you can usually draft good ones in rounds 2-5. Think about it - College Centers or Offensive Tackles (ie: Joel Bitonio & Super Bowl Champion STARTING RG for the Rams - Austin Corbett who was later extended by Carolina to remain a starter there as well) can also be drafted to play OG expanding the supply inventory. Right now, draft analysts are still bringing up that Miami of O-you thought I was gonna say Ohio but it's of Florida's Francis Mauigoa could kick inside due to shorter arms. Would have been nice to see how he moves laterally at the combines but he's a 1st round lock anyway so not necessary. The guy can RUN block and if he has Tackle on his outside shoulder - it sure lessens the ergonomics and space required for easier pass pro. NOW, is he a better OG than Penn State's Olaivavega Iaone or Oregano's Emmanuel Pregnon? (That's not a speelcheker mistake just me being an overcaffeinated ID-10T). At 348 lbs the quick footed Iaone could really John Deere tractor up some inside running room. That wouldn't suck at all. We need Guards and Tackles.
-
As of today I’m going with either LT Caleb Lomu or Morgan Freeling with the first pick (hopefully after moving down a wee bit) and with the second first rounder WR Denzel Boston or Omar Cooper.
As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion who also returns punts and KOs. Fills more needs and burns teams ATC.
As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion who also returns punts and KOs. Fills more needs and burns teams ATC.
It would be nice to put his speed on the perimeter of our passing game -or- as that return man who can restore the electricity Eric Metcalf and Josh Cribbs treated us to in the return game here...
-
As of today I’m going with either LT Caleb Lomu or Morgan Freeling with the first pick (hopefully after moving down a wee bit) and with the second first rounder WR Denzel Boston or Omar Cooper.
As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion who also returns punts and KOs. Fills more needs and burns teams ATC.
As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion
Ya know, I've been fearing all along that we're going to wind up with him....and I don't really want him. He had 7 drops this season. He did however, run a good gauntlet at the combine...but he didn't run the 40.
-
The Rams would be a fantastic landing spot for him.
Simpson looks like Cleveland
Klubnik looks like LA
-
As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion
Ya know, I've been fearing all along that we're going to wind up with him....and I don't really want him. He had 7 drops this season. He did however, run a good gauntlet at the combine...but he didn't run the 40.
Ya know, I've been fearing all along that we're going to wind up with him....and I don't really want him. He had 7 drops this season. He did however, run a good gauntlet at the combine...but he didn't run the 40.
Agree. I like so many others and many rated behind Concepcion. Cooper, Branch and a couple sleepers Antonio Williams ( former OSU RB) and CJ Daniels from the U.
-
As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion
Ya know, I've been fearing all along that we're going to wind up with him....and I don't really want him. He had 7 drops this season. He did however, run a good gauntlet at the combine...but he didn't run the 40.
Ya know, I've been fearing all along that we're going to wind up with him....and I don't really want him. He had 7 drops this season. He did however, run a good gauntlet at the combine...but he didn't run the 40.
You should be on the Browns scouting team. You'd fit perfectly with the ones who've been picking our WRs the last 10years.?
-
Ya know, I've been fearing all along that we're going to wind up with him....and I don't really want him. He had 7 drops this season. He did however, run a good gauntlet at the combine...but he didn't run the 40.
You should be on the Browns scouting team. You'd fit perfectly with the ones who've been picking our WRs the last 10years.?
You should be on the Browns scouting team. You'd fit perfectly with the ones who've been picking our WRs the last 10years.?
Ray Farmer was more than 10 years ago right? Well I'd be better than him!
Sorry bro. But all along I've felt that he's the consolation prize that you wind up with because all of the exceptional 1st round WR's are already picked. I've envisioned us taking OT at 6 and then having to take him at 24. When I really want Tate or Tyson, followed by Boston & Lemon. But they'll all be gone by pick 24, so I'd almost prefer that we go in a different direction at 24 (maybe OL again) and then try and land Chris Brazzell. (he ran the 40, pretty fast)
i hope your guy turns out to be good. That they all turn out to be good. Unless the Steelers draft them.
-
You should be on the Browns scouting team. You'd fit perfectly with the ones who've been picking our WRs the last 10years.?
Ray Farmer was more than 10 years ago right? Well I'd be better than him!
Sorry bro. But all along I've felt that he's the consolation prize that you wind up with because all of the exceptional 1st round WR's are already picked. I've envisioned us taking OT at 6 and then having to take him at 24. When I really want Tate or Tyson, followed by Boston & Lemon. But they'll all be gone by pick 24, so I'd almost prefer that we go in a different direction at 24 (maybe OL again) and then try and land Chris Brazzell. (he ran the 40, pretty fast)
i hope your guy turns out to be good. That they all turn out to be good. Unless the Steelers draft them.
Ray Farmer was more than 10 years ago right? Well I'd be better than him!
Sorry bro. But all along I've felt that he's the consolation prize that you wind up with because all of the exceptional 1st round WR's are already picked. I've envisioned us taking OT at 6 and then having to take him at 24. When I really want Tate or Tyson, followed by Boston & Lemon. But they'll all be gone by pick 24, so I'd almost prefer that we go in a different direction at 24 (maybe OL again) and then try and land Chris Brazzell. (he ran the 40, pretty fast)
i hope your guy turns out to be good. That they all turn out to be good. Unless the Steelers draft them.
Maybe some team will appreciate someone who is more than just a WR.
-
Ya know, I've been fearing all along that we're going to wind up with him....and I don't really want him. He had 7 drops this season. He did however, run a good gauntlet at the combine...but he didn't run the 40.
Agree. I like so many others and many rated behind Concepcion. Cooper, Branch and a couple sleepers Antonio Williams ( former OSU RB) and CJ Daniels from the U.
Agree. I like so many others and many rated behind Concepcion. Cooper, Branch and a couple sleepers Antonio Williams ( former OSU RB) and CJ Daniels from the U.
Here's a barely mentioned WR from UConn I found on Draft Buzz:
Skyler Bell w/ 101 Receptions, 1278 Yards, 13 Rec TDs, 12.7 Rec Avg, 84.7 Draft Rating (just behind Zach Branch at an 84.9 rating)
Bell's Combine Goodies: Height 6'0", Weight 192 lbs - 4.40 Forty, 41" Vertical Jump, 11'1" Broad Jump
-
Here's another WR I like, probably will be available at the top of the 2nd round
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login