Draft so you can win more games
-
Here are all of Andrew Berry's past picks from 2020 thru 2025
Thanks for sharing he generally favors younger prospects and those with higher than average RAS scores.
Sonny Styles 21 and RAS score of 9.9 same with Monroe Freeling.
David Bailey 9.67 he’s 22.
Lomu 9.88 but he’s older I believe
Francis Mauigoa 8.74.
Thanks for sharing he generally favors younger prospects and those with higher than average RAS scores.
Sonny Styles 21 and RAS score of 9.9 same with Monroe Freeling.
David Bailey 9.67 he’s 22.
Lomu 9.88 but he’s older I believe
Francis Mauigoa 8.74.
Thanks SD80 !
Yeah. I'm now not sure whats up with Lomu's age?
Jack Duffin does a great job with these graphics yearly. I posted Lomu's March's posted age somewhere on here(24.27)..
But now looking at Aprils update? It looks like Duffin has pulled March's date off of April's update. No Biggie. Draft Talent,not age AB..Your new hot seat has burners
EDIT UPDATE 4/9 -- Lomu confirmed as 21.. https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/longformarticle/cleveland-browns-2026-age-guardrails-draft-board-april-update-280858096/
-
You asked a question, here's my answer so far.
Re: the Lamar Jackson comparison. Because I've been hearing it ALOT lately. My Rebuttal...
Green's build and running style doesn't remind me of Lamar at all. I absolutely see Vince Young when he pulls down the football. At least, the same threat vertically in the open field. Green doesn't have the same lateral ability Vince had and he isn't even close to what Lamar can do in short space/ East-West.
The clip I posted above is a nice reference for SOME of the patience he can show in the pocket when the call design is to push the ball vertically. I even slowed down a part of the clip. When he hits that back foot at the top of his drop, you see him still keeping his eyes downfield, looking for his vertical mark and climbing the pocket - all at the SAME time. It sounds silly but it's very uncommon to see that in 2026. His height gives him an advantage of survey that many others don't have. Including the ability to work from confined spaces while having greater vision of the field.
**Pros**
- Fantastic measurables. (As mentioned above)
- Solid feel for when to pull the ball down and escape. Great vertical threat when he opens up and runs.
- Shows flashes of patience when put in crowded, chaotic pockets.
- Natural arm strength is above average. Ball arrives with velocity.
- Efficient operation in the QB Centric/supplemented read option game. Also seems to have a good command of his keys in the RPO game.
- Makes OK-ish choices throwing hot.
**CONS**
... Pretty much everything else.
- Footwork is a mess. Doesn't matter if it's in gun or UC. At times, Green does that same, what I can only call a "gather step" in shorter drops. Similar to what Baker did in his early days, that has his right foot out in front of him, delaying his arm mechanics for the throw. I know when Stefanski arrived it was an incredibly subtle thing, yet a larger mechanical issue they wanted to iron out. Footwork has been Baker's biggest mechanical struggle throughout his NFL career. He even had some trouble a couple years ago when he started with Tampa. If you don't have great structure early, it's a bitch to fix later and that shit lingers.
Building a QB is like anything else, it starts from the ground up. But, much like any proper foundation, widely overlooked, not given the weight of it's importance, or intentionally neglected. Anywho, yeah, his footwork in the RPO game delays the ball getting out. 3-5-7 step drops from under center are sloppy and not that, Tom Brady type deliberate, which should be every QB's gold standard.
- Throwing motion can be a real problem. Highly exaggerated wind-up. He doesn't do the Tim Tebow "windmill" (elbow drops too far) but the elongation behind his frame almost looks like someone getting into their shotput stance. Ball has zip when he gets it out, but I compare it to a trebuchet. There's also no consistency with his un-pressured delivery point. Sometimes you have to throw off-platform and adjust your delivery, that's modern QB'ing. Same with golf as it is with football. But like hitting the links, your swinging motion the other 90% of the time needs to be consistent and 2nd nature. If not? You'll never be par the course.
Those two right there are enough to drop him to a late day 2, early day 3 prospect. When your feet are a mess it effects everything. When you mix in the questionable mechanics as a passer, then you've essentially become a rebuilding project. The footwork needs to be torn down to the frame and rebuilt. The arm can be 2nd. Fix the feet and the delivery timing will naturally improve as will the accuracy. But unless the arm work is improved, that will be his limit. In that respect, that's where the Lamar Jackson comparison comes into play. Lamar's footwork has greatly improved in the NFL. His throwing motion still has the same base function as it did at Louisville, minus him elevating his delivery point to a more 2/3rds rotation.
I see glimpses of Green going through progressions. Arkansas looks like they play a heavy pure progression system. I didn't see any evidence of full field reads. They like to limit to half field and play the common 1-->2-->check Other times I see him lock and fire onto his primary, which gets him into trouble or doesn't Maximize the Concept. As a result, yards are left on the table.
Physically the kid has gifts. That alone will get him drafted. But right now I don't see his gifts as a runner being enough to compensate for his deficiencies as a passer early on. Similar to Anthony Richardson - he's ready to be a full time athlete, but he has a long way to go before he's a comprehensive, NFL QB.
Sorry for the delayed response man.
I really appreciate the breakdown! The Vince Young comparison makes a lot more sense now that I look at it. Guess I first thought Jackson because Monken coached him in Baltimore.
Sounds like Green is a Day 2 or Day 3 pick at best. Really appreciate the breakdown and opinion!
@gator said:
Sorry for the delayed response man.
I really appreciate the breakdown! The Vince Young comparison makes a lot more sense now that I look at it. Guess I first thought Jackson because Monken coached him in Baltimore.
Sounds like Green is a Day 2 or Day 3 pick at best. Really appreciate the breakdown and opinion!
Zero reason to apologize. I'm humbled anytime someone asks for my input. So I try to give my best.
Happy to help shed some light. I may have more on Green another time. I exchanged some film with a guy on Twitter & got more all-22 of the Arkansas offense.
If you have it, you're welcomed to follow my work on that app or at the BrainyBallers site when we we things out from the Youtube page.
-
Here are all of Andrew Berry's past picks from 2020 thru 2025
Thanks for sharing he generally favors younger prospects and those with higher than average RAS scores.
Sonny Styles 21 and RAS score of 9.9 same with Monroe Freeling.
David Bailey 9.67 he’s 22.
Lomu 9.88 but he’s older I believe
Francis Mauigoa 8.74.
Thanks for sharing he generally favors younger prospects and those with higher than average RAS scores.
Sonny Styles 21 and RAS score of 9.9 same with Monroe Freeling.
David Bailey 9.67 he’s 22.
Lomu 9.88 but he’s older I believe
Francis Mauigoa 8.74.
Lomu is only 21 according to 2 different sources (but one of those had the incorrect DOB that made it look like he was 24) so that's where some confusion may linger on to us fans.
-
I brought up that I like Concepcion for the #24 pick to my buddy yesterday at lunch, and he's not a fan. Said he runs basically two routes. What say you?
Dutch this video shows more than 2 routes by Concepcion. FWIW, sometimes a limitation/restriction of use of all the routes within the passing tree is set by an OC/HC more so to help a QB than just 1 WR. This highlight will show they even like to use him instead of their RB on some of the runs/short routes usually designated exclusively for RBs. They use him the way the Browns SHOULD have used Metcalf as opposed to Metcalf up the middle (before Metcalf's next 3 NFL employers used him as a productive WR/Slot/Flanker in space. Slotting or flanking or putting him in motion off the LOS makes press covering him next to impossible). A&M didn't get that extreme obviously but I think their very intelligent HC knew who his top scoring weapon was.
Dutch this video shows more than 2 routes by Concepcion. FWIW, sometimes a limitation/restriction of use of all the routes within the passing tree is set by an OC/HC more so to help a QB than just 1 WR. This highlight will show they even like to use him instead of their RB on some of the runs/short routes usually designated exclusively for RBs. They use him the way the Browns SHOULD have used Metcalf as opposed to Metcalf up the middle (before Metcalf's next 3 NFL employers used him as a productive WR/Slot/Flanker in space. Slotting or flanking or putting him in motion off the LOS makes press covering him next to impossible). A&M didn't get that extreme obviously but I think their very intelligent HC knew who his top scoring weapon was.
He reminds me a lot like Webster Slaughter... I love the kid..
-
-
Knock it off! I've been sleeping with the lights on ever since I saw this the 1st time...
-
Knock it off! I've been sleeping with the lights on ever since I saw this the 1st time...
-
ESPN proposed a trade for the Browns... I think this was actually what they proposed before, and I misunderstood it and made it much better for us. Not really a fan of this one, your thoughts?
The Browns would trade to Dallas the #6, 24 and next years 5th rounder for the Cowboys #12, 20 and next year's 2nd rounder.
While I like having more ammo for next years draft, we drop six picks from our original highest pick, go up four picks for our second first rounder to get a second rounder next year. Plus we lose a fifth rounder in the process.
eh....
-
ESPN proposed a trade for the Browns... I think this was actually what they proposed before, and I misunderstood it and made it much better for us. Not really a fan of this one, your thoughts?
The Browns would trade to Dallas the #6, 24 and next years 5th rounder for the Cowboys #12, 20 and next year's 2nd rounder.
While I like having more ammo for next years draft, we drop six picks from our original highest pick, go up four picks for our second first rounder to get a second rounder next year. Plus we lose a fifth rounder in the process.
eh....
ESPN proposed a trade for the Browns... I think this was actually what they proposed before, and I misunderstood it and made it much better for us. Not really a fan of this one, your thoughts?
The Browns would trade to Dallas the #6, 24 and next years 5th rounder for the Cowboys #12, 20 and next year's 2nd rounder.
While I like having more ammo for next years draft, we drop six picks from our original highest pick, go up four picks for our second first rounder to get a second rounder next year. Plus we lose a fifth rounder in the process.
eh....
6 and 24 for
12 and 20 3rd this season and a 2nd next season.
-
ESPN proposed a trade for the Browns... I think this was actually what they proposed before, and I misunderstood it and made it much better for us. Not really a fan of this one, your thoughts?
The Browns would trade to Dallas the #6, 24 and next years 5th rounder for the Cowboys #12, 20 and next year's 2nd rounder.
While I like having more ammo for next years draft, we drop six picks from our original highest pick, go up four picks for our second first rounder to get a second rounder next year. Plus we lose a fifth rounder in the process.
eh....
6 and 24 for
12 and 20 3rd this season and a 2nd next season.
6 and 24 for
12 and 20 3rd this season and a 2nd next season.
I literally was going to suggest this exact counter proposal… get out of my head, SD! ?
-
6 and 24 for
12 and 20 3rd this season and a 2nd next season.
I literally was going to suggest this exact counter proposal… get out of my head, SD! ?
I literally was going to suggest this exact counter proposal… get out of my head, SD! ?
another reason why I’m adamant about maximizing our second best asset this #6 pick and not just picking a guy we need there that isn’t necessarily elite you can entertain offers like this.
That proposal is close on the Johnson and the Hill chart. It favors us slightly.
These kind of trades you also have to figure in Which team is more motivated? Dallas would be moving up to get an elite defender and certainly one that they can’t get at 12.1. OT, 1. WR, 2. CB 3. WR 3. C
Line addressed, two WRs and a much needed third corner. Check Check Check.
And then next season 1, 2, 2, 2028 #1. Who says no to trade package from us to get a top QB in 2027.
-
ESPN proposed a trade for the Browns... I think this was actually what they proposed before, and I misunderstood it and made it much better for us. Not really a fan of this one, your thoughts?
The Browns would trade to Dallas the #6, 24 and next years 5th rounder for the Cowboys #12, 20 and next year's 2nd rounder.
While I like having more ammo for next years draft, we drop six picks from our original highest pick, go up four picks for our second first rounder to get a second rounder next year. Plus we lose a fifth rounder in the process.
eh....
The Browns would trade to Dallas the #6, 24 and next years 5th rounder for the Cowboys #12, 20 and next year's 2nd rounder.
I might do that trade. But if I was a Cowboy fan I wouldn't want a '27 second round pick to evaporate.
I'm still going with us not being able to move out of #6.
-
-
You know, I've focused so much on tackles that I think are legit Left Tackles in the NFL.
We still have the GM who took a college RT in Jed Wills to play LT for us.
All the top tackles could very well be in play.
-
-
Pro Days ending with updated prospect info...
-
T Francis Mauigoa (PFF Predictive Big Board Rank: 7)
- 40-yard dash: 5.12 seconds
- 10-yard split: 1.78 seconds
- Vertical jump: 29 inches
- Broad jump: 8 feet, 10 inches
- Short shuttle: 4.59 seconds
- Three cone: 7.70 seconds
Link here-- https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2026-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule-results-tracker
-
T Francis Mauigoa (PFF Predictive Big Board Rank: 7)
-
You know, I've focused so much on tackles that I think are legit Left Tackles in the NFL.
We still have the GM who took a college RT in Jed Wills to play LT for us.
All the top tackles could very well be in play.
You know, I've focused so much on tackles that I think are legit Left Tackles in the NFL.
We still have the GM who took a college RT in Jed Wills to play LT for us.
All the top tackles could very well be in play.
GREAT point! He took Wills at #11 overall while joining a pretty big crowd of well paid pre-draft analysts that refused to look at what jumped out of Tristan Wirfs' inner chest at Iowa. It's called WORK ETHIC and all it takes to find this out is merely asking the HC (and former Browns OL Coach Kirk Ferentz) what's Wirfs' essential ingredient to success? Tampa knew which is why they ended up with the OTackle in that draft class that could make Pro Bowls at RT before making Pro Bowls at LT.
This prolly sounds like a lot of overcaffeinated jibberish about asking a College Coach about a player; but an Oklahoma State Coach once said "I was surprised the Browns weren't interested in asking any of our staff questions about Justin Gilbert regarding his character and work ethic." He added something along the line of "we could have helped them avoid wasting this 1st round choice.
If Andrew Berry has not improved his ability to draft a reliable LT - I dare say it's hard for me to imagine him ever being capable of building the competitive offense of a contender. Look, I WANT Berry to succeed for us to be able to enjoy our team. It's finally put up or fed up time.
As tempting as Fano is - I'm gonna do the unpopular and go with Lomu as my guy at #6 and the best W on our doorstep at #24.
-
Pro Days ending with updated prospect info...
-
T Francis Mauigoa (PFF Predictive Big Board Rank: 7)
- 40-yard dash: 5.12 seconds
- 10-yard split: 1.78 seconds
- Vertical jump: 29 inches
- Broad jump: 8 feet, 10 inches
- Short shuttle: 4.59 seconds
- Three cone: 7.70 seconds
Link here-- https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2026-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule-results-tracker
Pro Days ending with updated prospect info...
-
T Francis Mauigoa (PFF Predictive Big Board Rank: 7)
- 40-yard dash: 5.12 seconds
- 10-yard split: 1.78 seconds
- Vertical jump: 29 inches
- Broad jump: 8 feet, 10 inches
- Short shuttle: 4.59 seconds
- Three cone: 7.70 seconds
Link here-- https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2026-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule-results-tracker
He's probably gonna be a great RT or OG for whoever drafts him Gumbs!
-
T Francis Mauigoa (PFF Predictive Big Board Rank: 7)
-
You know, I've focused so much on tackles that I think are legit Left Tackles in the NFL.
We still have the GM who took a college RT in Jed Wills to play LT for us.
All the top tackles could very well be in play.
GREAT point! He took Wills at #11 overall while joining a pretty big crowd of well paid pre-draft analysts that refused to look at what jumped out of Tristan Wirfs' inner chest at Iowa. It's called WORK ETHIC and all it takes to find this out is merely asking the HC (and former Browns OL Coach Kirk Ferentz) what's Wirfs' essential ingredient to success? Tampa knew which is why they ended up with the OTackle in that draft class that could make Pro Bowls at RT before making Pro Bowls at LT.
This prolly sounds like a lot of overcaffeinated jibberish about asking a College Coach about a player; but an Oklahoma State Coach once said "I was surprised the Browns weren't interested in asking any of our staff questions about Justin Gilbert regarding his character and work ethic." He added something along the line of "we could have helped them avoid wasting this 1st round choice.
If Andrew Berry has not improved his ability to draft a reliable LT - I dare say it's hard for me to imagine him ever being capable of building the competitive offense of a contender. Look, I WANT Berry to succeed for us to be able to enjoy our team. It's finally put up or fed up time.
As tempting as Fano is - I'm gonna do the unpopular and go with Lomu as my guy at #6 and the best W on our doorstep at #24.
GREAT point! He took Wills at #11 overall while joining a pretty big crowd of well paid pre-draft analysts that refused to look at what jumped out of Tristan Wirfs' inner chest at Iowa. It's called WORK ETHIC and all it takes to find this out is merely asking the HC (and former Browns OL Coach Kirk Ferentz) what's Wirfs' essential ingredient to success? Tampa knew which is why they ended up with the OTackle in that draft class that could make Pro Bowls at RT before making Pro Bowls at LT.
This prolly sounds like a lot of overcaffeinated jibberish about asking a College Coach about a player; but an Oklahoma State Coach once said "I was surprised the Browns weren't interested in asking any of our staff questions about Justin Gilbert regarding his character and work ethic." He added something along the line of "we could have helped them avoid wasting this 1st round choice.
If Andrew Berry has not improved his ability to draft a reliable LT - I dare say it's hard for me to imagine him ever being capable of building the competitive offense of a contender. Look, I WANT Berry to succeed for us to be able to enjoy our team. It's finally put up or fed up time.
As tempting as Fano is - I'm gonna do the unpopular and go with Lomu as my guy at #6 and the best W on our doorstep at #24.
I don’t think Berry drafted Gilbert but I get your point.But I’ve given the thought that maybe he should give up drafting the WR and OL positions and turn over picks for guys like Wyatt Teller, Amari Cooper, etc.
I want nothing to do with Lomu at 6. If we like him….i would be working the phones with everyone from 7-15. And it wouldn’t shock be if he was available at 24
-
GREAT point! He took Wills at #11 overall while joining a pretty big crowd of well paid pre-draft analysts that refused to look at what jumped out of Tristan Wirfs' inner chest at Iowa. It's called WORK ETHIC and all it takes to find this out is merely asking the HC (and former Browns OL Coach Kirk Ferentz) what's Wirfs' essential ingredient to success? Tampa knew which is why they ended up with the OTackle in that draft class that could make Pro Bowls at RT before making Pro Bowls at LT.
This prolly sounds like a lot of overcaffeinated jibberish about asking a College Coach about a player; but an Oklahoma State Coach once said "I was surprised the Browns weren't interested in asking any of our staff questions about Justin Gilbert regarding his character and work ethic." He added something along the line of "we could have helped them avoid wasting this 1st round choice.
If Andrew Berry has not improved his ability to draft a reliable LT - I dare say it's hard for me to imagine him ever being capable of building the competitive offense of a contender. Look, I WANT Berry to succeed for us to be able to enjoy our team. It's finally put up or fed up time.
As tempting as Fano is - I'm gonna do the unpopular and go with Lomu as my guy at #6 and the best W on our doorstep at #24.
I don’t think Berry drafted Gilbert but I get your point.But I’ve given the thought that maybe he should give up drafting the WR and OL positions and turn over picks for guys like Wyatt Teller, Amari Cooper, etc.
I want nothing to do with Lomu at 6. If we like him….i would be working the phones with everyone from 7-15. And it wouldn’t shock be if he was available at 24
I don’t think Berry drafted Gilbert but I get your point.But I’ve given the thought that maybe he should give up drafting the WR and OL positions and turn over picks for guys like Wyatt Teller, Amari Cooper, etc.
I want nothing to do with Lomu at 6. If we like him….i would be working the phones with everyone from 7-15. And it wouldn’t shock be if he was available at 24
Yeah, like I said - I didn't think he would be popular at #6; and I understand people feeling that's a reach right now. If he decided to come out next year as a Red Shirt Junior giving up ZERO sacks again or the year after - he'll be top 5 though.
If we find out we still don't have a QB - it's going to remind us we wasted all 10 Pro Bowl Seasons of a HOF LT on an inability to draft a good QB. Meaning? We can all debate on different guys we all think we need most; but what will it ever matter without a legit NFL passing game? We've had QBs with 2 blind sides...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login