Skip to content

Malik Rumors Heating Up

The Browns Board
36 9 519 1
  • I would not mind if we took him after meeting needs elsewhere first.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Like I've said before, this is going to be a fascinating off-season.

    It's already been quite fascinating.  And now we're at the combine and Carson Beck has already met with the Browns.  Remember a couple of years ago when Beck was a hot topic?  And then as the college season went on his stock fell and it was felt that he should return to school for another season.  Turned out his stock didn't rise.  He'd be a project.

    @orion said:

    It's already been quite fascinating.  And now we're at the combine and Carson Beck has already met with the Browns.  Remember a couple of years ago when Beck was a hot topic?  And then as the college season went on his stock fell and it was felt that he should return to school for another season.  Turned out his stock didn't rise.  He'd be a project.

    This might factor in or it might not:

    image.png.118eb60e5f93683b4ee18b99a1abfc75.png

    1 final thought from me:

    FWIW, Beck led Miami to the National Championship Game after scoring the game winning TD against Ole Miss.  I will admit - I didn't think he was capable of this due his bipolar/hot and cold streaks; but I'll at least give him credit for the will to persevere and accomplishing it to a certain extent. I DO NOT want us using our 1st or 2nd round picks on him though and not even our 3rd given our OL situation.  IMO, he's a 4th round pick We could just trade our step stool QB (but he's a GREAT kid though) for the Rams' step stool QB Stetson Bennett (since he should already be familiar with Monken's offense and winning back to back Nattys in it).

  • I don't know guys, this team is already chock full of mediocre QBs.

    If they add one, it better be a guy who can be a legitimate starter. I don't see that in Beck. 

    And I don't want another "Lets give four mediocre guys reps all training camp" scenario. 

  • I don't know guys, this team is already chock full of mediocre QBs.

    If they add one, it better be a guy who can be a legitimate starter. I don't see that in Beck. 

    And I don't want another "Lets give four mediocre guys reps all training camp" scenario. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    And I don't want another "Lets give four mediocre guys reps all training camp" scenario. 

    But that's what were gonna get for the OL this year like it or not, except more like 10 instead of 4.

  • I don't like Becks personality or attitude... He reminds me of Josh Rosen...

  • Beck seems like a guy worth taking a chance on if he slides to the 3rd or beyond round. His stats last season were comparable to his 2023 stats, so it seems he bounced back from his 2024 performance. 

    He’s 6’4” and has gobs of experience. I figure the Browns will draft a QB somewhere. 

  • Beck seems like a guy worth taking a chance on if he slides to the 3rd or beyond round. His stats last season were comparable to his 2023 stats, so it seems he bounced back from his 2024 performance. 

    He’s 6’4” and has gobs of experience. I figure the Browns will draft a QB somewhere. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Beck seems like a guy worth taking a chance on if he slides to the 3rd or beyond round. His stats last season were comparable to his 2023 stats, so it seems he bounced back from his 2024 performance. 

    He’s 6’4” and has gobs of experience. I figure the Browns will draft a QB somewhere. 

    The Browns could take a local kid who is big and has tons of experience even later in Drew Allar. 

  • So Willis has the same agent as.... wait for it.... Deshaun Watson.

    Not sure his agent is going to want him to come to Cleveland and compete with his other client. 

    Not sure the Browns are going to want to get into a contract negotiation with an agent who already bent them over and rammed them bone dry while they are still paying for his last client who was/is a colossal failure. 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Beck seems like a guy worth taking a chance on if he slides to the 3rd or beyond round. His stats last season were comparable to his 2023 stats, so it seems he bounced back from his 2024 performance. 

    He’s 6’4” and has gobs of experience. I figure the Browns will draft a QB somewhere. 

    The Browns could take a local kid who is big and has tons of experience even later in Drew Allar. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns could take a local kid who is big and has tons of experience even later in Drew Allar. 

    They've done the local stuff with Brady Quinn and former Akron Zip Charlie Frye.  It worked with Bernie Kosar; and even more adorable is there is an itsy-bitsy-teeny-tiny # of guys certain he played his college football at Miami of Ohio... Apparently Fox News can do amazing things...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns could take a local kid who is big and has tons of experience even later in Drew Allar. 

    They've done the local stuff with Brady Quinn and former Akron Zip Charlie Frye.  It worked with Bernie Kosar; and even more adorable is there is an itsy-bitsy-teeny-tiny # of guys certain he played his college football at Miami of Ohio... Apparently Fox News can do amazing things...

    @flugel said:

    They've done the local stuff with Brady Quinn and former Akron Zip Charlie Frye.  It worked with Bernie Kosar; and even more adorable is there is an itsy-bitsy-teeny-tiny # of guys certain he played his college football at Miami of Ohio... Apparently Fox News can do amazing things...

    Wait... the same mental giant who thought Roethlisberger played for the U of Miami Hurricanes also thought Kosar played for Miami U Redhawks? ?

    While it wouldn't shock me that "Mr. Bigly" thought this, even this seems too much. ?

    Then again, the guy Stan thought of as a "cry baby pussy" did post a link to a NHL Florida Panthers story to show us how dysfunctional the NFL Carolina Panthers were to defend his poor lil' Baker. 

  • @flugel said:

    They've done the local stuff with Brady Quinn and former Akron Zip Charlie Frye.  It worked with Bernie Kosar; and even more adorable is there is an itsy-bitsy-teeny-tiny # of guys certain he played his college football at Miami of Ohio... Apparently Fox News can do amazing things...

    Wait... the same mental giant who thought Roethlisberger played for the U of Miami Hurricanes also thought Kosar played for Miami U Redhawks? ?

    While it wouldn't shock me that "Mr. Bigly" thought this, even this seems too much. ?

    Then again, the guy Stan thought of as a "cry baby pussy" did post a link to a NHL Florida Panthers story to show us how dysfunctional the NFL Carolina Panthers were to defend his poor lil' Baker. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Wait... the same mental giant who thought Roethlisberger played for the U of Miami Hurricanes also thought Kosar played for Miami U Redhawks? ?

    While it wouldn't shock me that "Mr. Bigly" thought this, even this seems too much. ?

    ?Whoever did say it will take great comfort knowing how fast Diet Pepsi just travelled north to fly south out of my nostrils.  I gave up busting people's balls in here for lent; so keeping with the Fox News theme I'm gonna be safe and say it's possible that could be plural. ?