New RT in a trade
-
Maybe best of all, we needed immediate help at OL that most/all 5th round picks are ill-equipped to provide as wide-eyed rookies that late into the draft. For that matter, the year we drafted OL Austin Corbett 33rd overall (2 spots before adding Nick Chubb) - he didn't pan out until he played for the Rams and started at OG in the Super Bowl. As recently as last off-season, Carolina extended his contract as a reliable IOL starter so some guys just take longer regardless of position - just ask Sam Darnold...
-
I guess I'll put this here. No OLinemen. Sadly, Thrash seems like a dud.
very interesting:
"The former Kentucky pass catcher was the highest graded PFF rookie tight end during the preseason with an 85.8 grade while adding six receptions on seven targets for 100 receiving yards. He also had a 77.0 pass blocking grade and 74.9 run blocking grade."
-
One week ahead of legal tampering and they've brought in an OLineman. It's a good sign. But I would still stay laser focused on LT. Get one, move Jones back to RT, put this new guy at RG (or LG depending on Bitonio) and we're almost there.
As for whether it's a WR or OT at pick #6, this trade might have moved the needle a little bit. In a week or so, FA starts, and that might make the needle bounce back & forth.
One week ahead of legal tampering and they've brought in an OLineman. It's a good sign. But I would still stay laser focused on LT. Get one, move Jones back to RT, put this new guy at RG (or LG depending on Bitonio) and we're almost there.
As for whether it's a WR or OT at pick #6, this trade might have moved the needle a little bit. In a week or so, FA starts, and that might make the needle bounce back & forth.
Indeed. The needle may be way different in 2-3 weeks. We may still make some trades and we will probably sign one more FA for the OL and one at receiver. That will give us more flexibility in the draft where we aren't forced to reach for players for position over getting the best players. I could see where we don't even take a receiver until maybe round 4.
-
One week ahead of legal tampering and they've brought in an OLineman. It's a good sign. But I would still stay laser focused on LT. Get one, move Jones back to RT, put this new guy at RG (or LG depending on Bitonio) and we're almost there.
As for whether it's a WR or OT at pick #6, this trade might have moved the needle a little bit. In a week or so, FA starts, and that might make the needle bounce back & forth.
Indeed. The needle may be way different in 2-3 weeks. We may still make some trades and we will probably sign one more FA for the OL and one at receiver. That will give us more flexibility in the draft where we aren't forced to reach for players for position over getting the best players. I could see where we don't even take a receiver until maybe round 4.
-
Fortunately, I'm not a betting man...but if I were I'd bet that we take one earlier than that. Berry has stated that the offense is a priority this year. And receiver was/is a main problem.
The reason I say that stems back to my earlier comment. If we sign a good receiver in free agency that goes in line with Berry stating O was going to be a big focus. With Judey, a new FA, Fannin and as a wildcard I could see the team using Sampson in more of a receiving role, we will have some weapons in addition to anybody drafted and already have.
If we don't sign a FA receiver, then we will sign a receiver before round 4. I don't know about round 1. There are a lot of good receivers who will be there in round 2 that won't be that much of a drop off from round 1 guys IMO.
Again, I am not saying we won't. I am simply saying I can see possibilities where we won't. The top receivers as it stand now don't exactly blow me away. I don't think Tate is "elite" to take at #6. Lemon looks like he will be a hard to coach player, and guym brain fart here, looks to have injury concerns.
I like Cooper from Indiana and Branch from Georgia. I think at least one of those guys will be there in the 2nd round for us.
-
Fortunately, I'm not a betting man...but if I were I'd bet that we take one earlier than that. Berry has stated that the offense is a priority this year. And receiver was/is a main problem.
The reason I say that stems back to my earlier comment. If we sign a good receiver in free agency that goes in line with Berry stating O was going to be a big focus. With Judey, a new FA, Fannin and as a wildcard I could see the team using Sampson in more of a receiving role, we will have some weapons in addition to anybody drafted and already have.
If we don't sign a FA receiver, then we will sign a receiver before round 4. I don't know about round 1. There are a lot of good receivers who will be there in round 2 that won't be that much of a drop off from round 1 guys IMO.
Again, I am not saying we won't. I am simply saying I can see possibilities where we won't. The top receivers as it stand now don't exactly blow me away. I don't think Tate is "elite" to take at #6. Lemon looks like he will be a hard to coach player, and guym brain fart here, looks to have injury concerns.
I like Cooper from Indiana and Branch from Georgia. I think at least one of those guys will be there in the 2nd round for us.
-
-
The 'y' was a clue.
Yeah, it's the injury situation that troubles me also.
I think we need more than one 'good' WR brought in.
And we probably will. I expect we will bring in one free agent with proven results, at least 1 drafted guy who at least shows solid talent and one later round guy. We still have a few guys on the roster that still need more time to prove and some who have proven they are who they are and need to be replaced with something new.
-
Fortunately, I'm not a betting man...but if I were I'd bet that we take one earlier than that. Berry has stated that the offense is a priority this year. And receiver was/is a main problem.
The reason I say that stems back to my earlier comment. If we sign a good receiver in free agency that goes in line with Berry stating O was going to be a big focus. With Judey, a new FA, Fannin and as a wildcard I could see the team using Sampson in more of a receiving role, we will have some weapons in addition to anybody drafted and already have.
If we don't sign a FA receiver, then we will sign a receiver before round 4. I don't know about round 1. There are a lot of good receivers who will be there in round 2 that won't be that much of a drop off from round 1 guys IMO.
Again, I am not saying we won't. I am simply saying I can see possibilities where we won't. The top receivers as it stand now don't exactly blow me away. I don't think Tate is "elite" to take at #6. Lemon looks like he will be a hard to coach player, and guym brain fart here, looks to have injury concerns.
I like Cooper from Indiana and Branch from Georgia. I think at least one of those guys will be there in the 2nd round for us.
The reason I say that stems back to my earlier comment. If we sign a good receiver in free agency that goes in line with Berry stating O was going to be a big focus. With Judey, a new FA, Fannin and as a wildcard I could see the team using Sampson in more of a receiving role, we will have some weapons in addition to anybody drafted and already have.
If we don't sign a FA receiver, then we will sign a receiver before round 4. I don't know about round 1. There are a lot of good receivers who will be there in round 2 that won't be that much of a drop off from round 1 guys IMO.
Again, I am not saying we won't. I am simply saying I can see possibilities where we won't. The top receivers as it stand now don't exactly blow me away. I don't think Tate is "elite" to take at #6. Lemon looks like he will be a hard to coach player, and guym brain fart here, looks to have injury concerns.
I like Cooper from Indiana and Branch from Georgia. I think at least one of those guys will be there in the 2nd round for us.
NOW YOU LISTEN HERE! Thank you - that was very well said...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

