Skip to content

Myles gets his 9th!!!!

The Browns Board
32 12 483 1
  • sydS syd

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ford Pinto. Uh Huh! Why do I have some doubts about it overtaking a turbo charged small Mercedes. You'd a flipped at the first decent curve we had to negotiate. Once in Ohio I witnessed a guy flipping his Ford Mustang multiple times over and over on the Interstate. I stopped to see if he was ok and he wanted help flipping it back over which several of us did. He kept saying he didn't know why he felt he needed to go 100 mph. Of course we pointed out it would be hard for it to go anywhere with both front shocks stickup up through the wheelwells. LOL! 

    @syd said:

    My dad was a hellofa mechanical guy. He took a Ford Pinto, cut down and reworked the frame, bored and stroked the engine into a ton of HP and then stuck on a Plastic Kit Replicar Body from Canada that made it look like a 1925 2 seat Jaguar SS 100 convertible. My younger brother drove it in car shows in Denver several years.

  • I was doing a hundred in my kia sedona minivan driving from Ohio to Myrtle beach, still had a v6.

    Also got up to 160 on my motorcycle, trying to find more of a retro style bike now but not high on my list.

    I preach to the kids how speed kills and agree, speeding doesn't save you anything. But doing a hundred shaved an hour or 2 off over such a long distance, still not worth it.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I rarely go over 76-77.  I've never felt the need. For me it creates more stress than thrill.

    ...but there are cars where the feeling is different.  Myles' is probably one of 'em.  I only did it a couple of times, but, in the Vette, once you approach 100 mph, the aerodynamics come into play...you can feel the car kind of 'sit down' under the air, and want to take off down the road.  It's like, where you'd leave most anyone in the dust.  Just sayin' lol.  

    @orion said:

    ...but there are cars where the feeling is different.  Myles' is probably one of 'em.  I only did it a couple of times, but, in the Vette, once you approach 100 mph, the aerodynamics come into play...you can feel the car kind of 'sit down' under the air, and want to take off down the road.  It's like, where you'd leave most anyone in the dust.  Just sayin' lol.  

    I get it.  I just don't feel the need.  Especially on a public road.

  • JaxJ Jax

    I was doing a hundred in my kia sedona minivan driving from Ohio to Myrtle beach, still had a v6.

    Also got up to 160 on my motorcycle, trying to find more of a retro style bike now but not high on my list.

    I preach to the kids how speed kills and agree, speeding doesn't save you anything. But doing a hundred shaved an hour or 2 off over such a long distance, still not worth it.

    @jax said:

    Also got up to 160 on my motorcycle, trying to find more of a retro style bike now but not high on my list.

    I got to 120+ mph on my Honda VFR 800, but was too scared to look back down again to see how much +++ I got past that. 120 was enough for a guy who was about 57 at the time. But I knew a guy who at 80 as taking his Yamaha V-MAX way past that regularly on back roads with little traffic. But he knew he had a bad heart with very little time left to live anyway. Died of a heart attack at the end of his street on his Yamaha and just casually went through the stop sign already keeling over they said. Now that was the perfect way to go.

  • @jax said:

    Also got up to 160 on my motorcycle, trying to find more of a retro style bike now but not high on my list.

    I got to 120+ mph on my Honda VFR 800, but was too scared to look back down again to see how much +++ I got past that. 120 was enough for a guy who was about 57 at the time. But I knew a guy who at 80 as taking his Yamaha V-MAX way past that regularly on back roads with little traffic. But he knew he had a bad heart with very little time left to live anyway. Died of a heart attack at the end of his street on his Yamaha and just casually went through the stop sign already keeling over they said. Now that was the perfect way to go.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I got to 120+ mph on my Honda VFR 800, but was too scared to look back down again to see how much +++ I got past that. 120 was enough for a guy who was about 57 at the time. But I knew a guy who at 80 as taking his Yamaha V-MAX way past that regularly on back roads with little traffic. But he knew he had a bad heart with very little time left to live anyway. Died of a heart attack at the end of his street on his Yamaha and just casually went through the stop sign already keeling over they said. Now that was the perfect way to go.

    It took me a few runs to top out my spedometer, I did it on a highway stretch going into work, usually zero traffic

  • JaxJ Jax

    @texasag1969 said:

    I got to 120+ mph on my Honda VFR 800, but was too scared to look back down again to see how much +++ I got past that. 120 was enough for a guy who was about 57 at the time. But I knew a guy who at 80 as taking his Yamaha V-MAX way past that regularly on back roads with little traffic. But he knew he had a bad heart with very little time left to live anyway. Died of a heart attack at the end of his street on his Yamaha and just casually went through the stop sign already keeling over they said. Now that was the perfect way to go.

    It took me a few runs to top out my spedometer, I did it on a highway stretch going into work, usually zero traffic

    @jax said:

    It took me a few runs to top out my spedometer, I did it on a highway stretch going into work, usually zero traffic

    Poor Barney Fife never had a chance.  By the time he put his coffee back down in the cup holder, Jax was already parked and punched in at work...

  • @jax said:

    It took me a few runs to top out my spedometer, I did it on a highway stretch going into work, usually zero traffic

    Poor Barney Fife never had a chance.  By the time he put his coffee back down in the cup holder, Jax was already parked and punched in at work...

    @flugel said:

    Poor Barney Fife never had a chance.  By the time he put his coffee back down in the cup holder, Jax was already parked and punched in at work...

    He did get me on a different day going to work but in my car lol

    I thought I was actually doing the speed limit at 65 but apparently it's an expressway not a freeway. I never noticed any signs for 50/55 mph but I still couldn't tell you the difference between the 2 'ways' today

  • My Maserati does 185 

    I lost my license, now I don't drive.

    I'm just an   or-din-a-ry   a-ver-age  guy.

    @orion said:

    My Maserati does 185 

    I lost my license, now I don't drive.

    I'm just an   or-din-a-ry   a-ver-age  guy.

    I love that song.. It's text book motif soloing at it's finest..Joe Walsh is a consummate phraser.. No he's not the most technically gifted slinger... But he's who I run to when I get in a rut and I need a cool lick to inspire me.. Him and Jimmy Page are the two assholes with all of the great licks.. I'll even add Don Felder in that company.. He's got some great lines in Hotel California.. And Life in the Fast Lane.. Even David Gilmour belongs in that camp.. There's guys you gotta love who aren't named Eddie Van Halen or Randy Rhoads that stand out... or the usual suspects Vai and Satch... I have always been more into Steve Lukather and Michael Schenker.. Guys who were always melody oriented first... But damn I always crack up when I hear that song..

  • @orion said:

    My Maserati does 185 

    I lost my license, now I don't drive.

    I'm just an   or-din-a-ry   a-ver-age  guy.

    I love that song.. It's text book motif soloing at it's finest..Joe Walsh is a consummate phraser.. No he's not the most technically gifted slinger... But he's who I run to when I get in a rut and I need a cool lick to inspire me.. Him and Jimmy Page are the two assholes with all of the great licks.. I'll even add Don Felder in that company.. He's got some great lines in Hotel California.. And Life in the Fast Lane.. Even David Gilmour belongs in that camp.. There's guys you gotta love who aren't named Eddie Van Halen or Randy Rhoads that stand out... or the usual suspects Vai and Satch... I have always been more into Steve Lukather and Michael Schenker.. Guys who were always melody oriented first... But damn I always crack up when I hear that song..

    @nickers said:

    I love that song.. It's text book motif soloing at it's finest..Joe Walsh is a consummate phraser.. No he's not the most technically gifted slinger... But he's who I run to when I get in a rut and I need a cool lick to inspire me.. Him and Jimmy Page are the two assholes with all of the great licks.. I'll even add Don Felder in that company.. He's got some great lines in Hotel California.. And Life in the Fast Lane.. Even David Gilmour belongs in that camp.. There's guys you gotta love who aren't named Eddie Van Halen or Randy Rhoads that stand out... or the usual suspects Vai and Satch... I have always been more into Steve Lukather and Michael Schenker.. Guys who were always melody oriented first... But damn I always crack up when I hear that song..

    Life's been good to me so far..................................my favorite line from that song.

  • JaxJ Jax

    @flugel said:

    Poor Barney Fife never had a chance.  By the time he put his coffee back down in the cup holder, Jax was already parked and punched in at work...

    He did get me on a different day going to work but in my car lol

    I thought I was actually doing the speed limit at 65 but apparently it's an expressway not a freeway. I never noticed any signs for 50/55 mph but I still couldn't tell you the difference between the 2 'ways' today

    @jax said:

    He did get me on a different day going to work but in my car lol

    I thought I was actually doing the speed limit at 65 but apparently it's an expressway not a freeway. I never noticed any signs for 50/55 mph but I still couldn't tell you the difference between the 2 'ways' today

    Are you sure that wasn't Otis after stealing Barney's keys? 

    Unfortunately, a lot of areas do this purposely for this thought process above that I shared with you more than once...