Skip to content

Browns FA signings

The Browns Board
189 23 3.8k 1
  • Description of Kalia Davis over at PFF. Sure, questionable actual grade, but because they rate everyone using the same [flawed] algo, conclusion isn't.

    Kalia Davis earned a 39.8 overall PFF defensive grade in the 2025 season, 129th among 134 qualified interior defensive linemans. His PFF pass-rush grade of 53.3 ranked 116th among 134 qualified interior defensive linemans. His run-defense grade of 34.5 ranked 126th at the position

    He.. Should be a camp cut, but won't be.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Description of Kalia Davis over at PFF. Sure, questionable actual grade, but because they rate everyone using the same [flawed] algo, conclusion isn't.

    Kalia Davis earned a 39.8 overall PFF defensive grade in the 2025 season, 129th among 134 qualified interior defensive linemans. His PFF pass-rush grade of 53.3 ranked 116th among 134 qualified interior defensive linemans. His run-defense grade of 34.5 ranked 126th at the position

    He.. Should be a camp cut, but won't be.

    I say let it play out in camp before we start cutting guys.

  • So, here's what we've done since March 9th.  ( info from Spotrac )

    image.png.e5b8862881f8391027944393b11544d6.png

  • Ravens mind benders strike back. Hey you go support London and Big Ben. Fake news, 91101 is a joke public Enemy. 91101 fun or not?

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    The deal with A.J. Espenesa fell through. Failed his physical.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/breaking-news/article/browns-reportedly-nix-free-agency-deal-with-de-aj-epenesa-due-to-concerns-raised-in-physical-020100417.html

    Damn. He might not have moved the needle a whole lot but I liked the signing.

    Now what? Perhaps drafting a DE later in the draft I suppose.

  • Ravens mind benders strike back. Hey you go support London and Big Ben. Fake news, 91101 is a joke public Enemy. 91101 fun or not?

    @nick-garrett said:

    Ravens mind benders strike back. Hey you go support London and Big Ben. Fake news, 91101 is a joke public Enemy. 91101 fun or not?

    That’s the zip code of Pasadena, CA.

    My favorite show is 90210.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    The deal with A.J. Espenesa fell through. Failed his physical.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/breaking-news/article/browns-reportedly-nix-free-agency-deal-with-de-aj-epenesa-due-to-concerns-raised-in-physical-020100417.html

    Damn. He might not have moved the needle a whole lot but I liked the signing.

    Now what? Perhaps drafting a DE later in the draft I suppose.

    @bob806 said:

    Damn. He might not have moved the needle a whole lot but I liked the signing.

    Now what? Perhaps drafting a DE later in the draft I suppose.

    Maybe early.

  • @bob806 said:

    Damn. He might not have moved the needle a whole lot but I liked the signing.

    Now what? Perhaps drafting a DE later in the draft I suppose.

    Maybe early.

    @ballpeen said:

    Maybe early.

    That's what I've been saying. 

    If the Browns are stuck at 6, and one of the top DEs is still on the board, I could see the Browns shocking the world and not taking a WR or OTackle and going with a DE. 

    I wouldn't put money on this happening, but this team is being built for Brookpark. Myles isn't going to be the best defensive player forever, and hell they might even trade him after this season. 

  • @ballpeen said:

    Maybe early.

    That's what I've been saying. 

    If the Browns are stuck at 6, and one of the top DEs is still on the board, I could see the Browns shocking the world and not taking a WR or OTackle and going with a DE. 

    I wouldn't put money on this happening, but this team is being built for Brookpark. Myles isn't going to be the best defensive player forever, and hell they might even trade him after this season. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's what I've been saying. 

    If the Browns are stuck at 6, and one of the top DEs is still on the board, I could see the Browns shocking the world and not taking a WR or OTackle and going with a DE. 

    I wouldn't put money on this happening, but this team is being built for Brookpark. Myles isn't going to be the best defensive player forever, and hell they might even trade him after this season. 

    I never complain about BPA at any point in the 1st round.  Add in all the Myles trade rumors and it might not be a bad idea to have at least an adequate plan B in place.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Maybe early.

    That's what I've been saying. 

    If the Browns are stuck at 6, and one of the top DEs is still on the board, I could see the Browns shocking the world and not taking a WR or OTackle and going with a DE. 

    I wouldn't put money on this happening, but this team is being built for Brookpark. Myles isn't going to be the best defensive player forever, and hell they might even trade him after this season. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's what I've been saying. 

    If the Browns are stuck at 6, and one of the top DEs is still on the board, I could see the Browns shocking the world and not taking a WR or OTackle and going with a DE. 

    I wouldn't put money on this happening, but this team is being built for Brookpark. Myles isn't going to be the best defensive player forever, and hell they might even trade him after this season. 

    You posted a pretty cool thread regarding 2 Clemson Defensive Players to watch before the 2025 season; you might like who is listed at #24 overall below. Here's Lance Zierlein's latest (3.0 Mock Draft) where he sees the Browns going in particular with his reasoning why written below each choice.

    image.png.2b459518516171c39973a7bb22383cc0.png

    image.png.8c632e35cf594b80dfa27f193fb9e82b.png

  • 🙂  

    image.png.c6d64519c92e11fda1c91dc0d459f5d1.png

  • Browns sign CB Myles Bryant and six tendered exclusive rights free agents                            

    The 5’9” slot corner has played in 77 games, including 20 starts, so far in the NFL, with over 2,500 snaps on defense and over 500 on special teams.

    Along with 254 tackles, Bryant has 17 passes defended, four interceptions, 10 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles, and three quarterback hits.            

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-cb-myles-bryant-and-six-tendered-exclusive-rights-free-agents

    prcaheqs9bwf7u3huind.thumb.webp.fbd82cfd4d95f451b0e0cbb1f0739d9d.webp

    On Monday, we learned that Emerson was taking a visit with the Houston Texans. That afternoon, we learned that Cleveland was signing former Texans CB Myles Bryant to their roster.

    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    Former #Browns starting CB Martin Emerson Jr, who missed last season after tearing his Achilles, is on a visit with the #Texans, source said.

    Emerson was heading into a contract year after starting 27 games for Cleveland before his injury. Now a potential addition in Houston.
  • Browns sign CB Myles Bryant and six tendered exclusive rights free agents                            

    The 5’9” slot corner has played in 77 games, including 20 starts, so far in the NFL, with over 2,500 snaps on defense and over 500 on special teams.

    Along with 254 tackles, Bryant has 17 passes defended, four interceptions, 10 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles, and three quarterback hits.            

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-cb-myles-bryant-and-six-tendered-exclusive-rights-free-agents

    prcaheqs9bwf7u3huind.thumb.webp.fbd82cfd4d95f451b0e0cbb1f0739d9d.webp

    On Monday, we learned that Emerson was taking a visit with the Houston Texans. That afternoon, we learned that Cleveland was signing former Texans CB Myles Bryant to their roster.

    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    Former #Browns starting CB Martin Emerson Jr, who missed last season after tearing his Achilles, is on a visit with the #Texans, source said.

    Emerson was heading into a contract year after starting 27 games for Cleveland before his injury. Now a potential addition in Houston.

    @gumby73 said:

    Browns sign CB Myles Bryant and six tendered exclusive rights free agents                            

    The 5’9” slot corner has played in 77 games, including 20 starts, so far in the NFL, with over 2,500 snaps on defense and over 500 on special teams.

    Along with 254 tackles, Bryant has 17 passes defended, four interceptions, 10 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles, and three quarterback hits.            

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-cb-myles-bryant-and-six-tendered-exclusive-rights-free-agents

    prcaheqs9bwf7u3huind.thumb.webp.fbd82cfd4d95f451b0e0cbb1f0739d9d.webp

    On Monday, we learned that Emerson was taking a visit with the Houston Texans. That afternoon, we learned that Cleveland was signing former Texans CB Myles Bryant to their roster.

    Szymt is back, that’s a big deal. I like him ok. And it’s easier to curse him in the presence of children.

    And Jamari Thrash is back!

  • @gumby73 said:

    Browns sign CB Myles Bryant and six tendered exclusive rights free agents                            

    The 5’9” slot corner has played in 77 games, including 20 starts, so far in the NFL, with over 2,500 snaps on defense and over 500 on special teams.

    Along with 254 tackles, Bryant has 17 passes defended, four interceptions, 10 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles, and three quarterback hits.            

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-cb-myles-bryant-and-six-tendered-exclusive-rights-free-agents

    prcaheqs9bwf7u3huind.thumb.webp.fbd82cfd4d95f451b0e0cbb1f0739d9d.webp

    On Monday, we learned that Emerson was taking a visit with the Houston Texans. That afternoon, we learned that Cleveland was signing former Texans CB Myles Bryant to their roster.

    Szymt is back, that’s a big deal. I like him ok. And it’s easier to curse him in the presence of children.

    And Jamari Thrash is back!

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Szymt is back, that’s a big deal. I like him ok. And it’s easier to curse him in the presence of children

    Alex...Give me John Jacob JingleAndre Szymt for 500 dollars  ?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Browns sign CB Myles Bryant and six tendered exclusive rights free agents                            

    The 5’9” slot corner has played in 77 games, including 20 starts, so far in the NFL, with over 2,500 snaps on defense and over 500 on special teams.

    Along with 254 tackles, Bryant has 17 passes defended, four interceptions, 10 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles, and three quarterback hits.            

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-cb-myles-bryant-and-six-tendered-exclusive-rights-free-agents

    prcaheqs9bwf7u3huind.thumb.webp.fbd82cfd4d95f451b0e0cbb1f0739d9d.webp

    On Monday, we learned that Emerson was taking a visit with the Houston Texans. That afternoon, we learned that Cleveland was signing former Texans CB Myles Bryant to their roster.

    Szymt is back, that’s a big deal. I like him ok. And it’s easier to curse him in the presence of children.

    And Jamari Thrash is back!

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Szymt is back, that’s a big deal. I like him ok. And it’s easier to curse him in the presence of children. Yay!

    And Jamari Thrash is back!  Well, one out of two ain't bad.

    Andre The Smurf, as nickers called him, I could've sworn that we signed him up a couple of months ago.  I've supported him all along.  After costing us an opening day win against the Bengals a lot of people wanted him cut asap.  I was against cutting him.  He & Hopkins had had a pretty even preseason battle and I was happy that Hopkins was released...his 'yips' were a ticking time bomb.  And Andre had kicked the ball solidly...none of them 'Hopkins Misses' where as soon as it left his foot you knew it was 'waay off' (in your best Rodney Dangerfield voice).  I remember reading his lips on the replay of the game losing kick...'Oh C'mon'...he said, as it was sailing past on the wrong side of the upright.  It just seemed like the facial expression way he said it was.......a combination of disbelief, disappointment, and frustration because he knew/felt that he was good at being a kicker.  I remember writing here somewhere that the two kicks that he missed were good hits that missed the fairway a little bit.  And that he is now at rock bottom.  He knows that he let all of his teammates, coaches, and the Browns fans down.  And that if he could mentally survive and channel all of that into a reckoning that he doesn't ever want to feel like this again, then we might have solved our kicker problems.  Obviously, Andre The Smurf proved to be mentally tough.  And it was quite fitting, as Stefanski put it, 'It couldn't have been scripted any better!' as he was giving him a Game Ball for kicking the game winning FG to end the season against those same Bengals.  In a terrible season, that was storybook.

    As for Jamari Thrash - I had high hopes for him.  I thought that last season was going to be his turning point.  But it wasn't.  He was a non-factor in any games that he played in.  And he didn't play too many (9 actually, about 1 catch per game).  He was a healthy scratch.  Then, in the latter part of the season, they outright cut him...and signed a bum OLineman, who started the following Sunday, and was cut the following Monday.  They then signed another OLineman who started on Sunday, was cut on Monday, AND THEN, the signed Thrash back onto the team (perhaps they thought he could help the OLine).   I suppose we should give him one more shot just to see if his woes were because of the offense that has been used.  We'll see, but I think we should draft enough receivers to cover for him being a flop.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Szymt is back, that’s a big deal. I like him ok. And it’s easier to curse him in the presence of children. Yay!

    And Jamari Thrash is back!  Well, one out of two ain't bad.

    Andre The Smurf, as nickers called him, I could've sworn that we signed him up a couple of months ago.  I've supported him all along.  After costing us an opening day win against the Bengals a lot of people wanted him cut asap.  I was against cutting him.  He & Hopkins had had a pretty even preseason battle and I was happy that Hopkins was released...his 'yips' were a ticking time bomb.  And Andre had kicked the ball solidly...none of them 'Hopkins Misses' where as soon as it left his foot you knew it was 'waay off' (in your best Rodney Dangerfield voice).  I remember reading his lips on the replay of the game losing kick...'Oh C'mon'...he said, as it was sailing past on the wrong side of the upright.  It just seemed like the facial expression way he said it was.......a combination of disbelief, disappointment, and frustration because he knew/felt that he was good at being a kicker.  I remember writing here somewhere that the two kicks that he missed were good hits that missed the fairway a little bit.  And that he is now at rock bottom.  He knows that he let all of his teammates, coaches, and the Browns fans down.  And that if he could mentally survive and channel all of that into a reckoning that he doesn't ever want to feel like this again, then we might have solved our kicker problems.  Obviously, Andre The Smurf proved to be mentally tough.  And it was quite fitting, as Stefanski put it, 'It couldn't have been scripted any better!' as he was giving him a Game Ball for kicking the game winning FG to end the season against those same Bengals.  In a terrible season, that was storybook.

    As for Jamari Thrash - I had high hopes for him.  I thought that last season was going to be his turning point.  But it wasn't.  He was a non-factor in any games that he played in.  And he didn't play too many (9 actually, about 1 catch per game).  He was a healthy scratch.  Then, in the latter part of the season, they outright cut him...and signed a bum OLineman, who started the following Sunday, and was cut the following Monday.  They then signed another OLineman who started on Sunday, was cut on Monday, AND THEN, the signed Thrash back onto the team (perhaps they thought he could help the OLine).   I suppose we should give him one more shot just to see if his woes were because of the offense that has been used.  We'll see, but I think we should draft enough receivers to cover for him being a flop.

    @orion said:

    Andre The Smurf, as nickers called him

     That doesn't make any sense. 

  • @orion said:

    Andre The Smurf, as nickers called him

     That doesn't make any sense. 

    @tiamat63 said:

     That doesn't make any sense. 

    You do see who was attached to it, right? 

  • @orion said:

    Andre The Smurf, as nickers called him

     That doesn't make any sense. 

    @tiamat63 said:

     That doesn't make any sense. 

    It's kind of a play off of his last name.  And that he's just a kicker.  ( that was my take originally anyway )

  • @nick-garrett said:

    Ravens mind benders strike back. Hey you go support London and Big Ben. Fake news, 91101 is a joke public Enemy. 91101 fun or not?

    That’s the zip code of Pasadena, CA.

    My favorite show is 90210.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    That’s the zip code of Pasadena, CA.

    My favorite show is 90210.

  • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah pursues master's degree at Harvard with Browns' support as football future remains unclear

    What do you mean unclear?!   It's clear as a bell.  He wants to be the GM.  🙂