Skip to content

The Official 2026 NFL Draft Thread

The Browns Board
534 29 9.3k 1
  • Well, Sadiq, my first pick, was taken 16th.

    and my OT pick, Max Iheanachor, OT, went to the squeelers.

    So, let's look on the bright side - Fano can play both tackle spots,

    has the ability to start fast, as compared to Freeling, who will take some time.

    and, Fano was not there at the draft. Stayed home.

    Guess what other OT the Browns drafted, that didn't go to the draft. lol

    Joe Thomas.

    Now, KC Concepcion - his drops are a concern...except it has to be said some of it can be his qb wasn't all that accurate.

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/25292033-nfl-draft-2026-scouting-report-texas-am-qb-marcel-reed

    "Reed's arm talent is average. His passes sail the further he pushes the football downfield. When throwing downfield, his passes lack control. Throw will get away from him as he muscles them into windows.

    - His accuracy and ball placement are inconsistent from the pocket. Reed tends to put the ball in compromising positions. His ball placement doesn't consistently put his receivers out of coverage.

    - Reed's footwork is unsettled and lacks calmness inside the pocket. He is consistently toesy and bouncy in the pocket, leading to inaccurate throws. Throwing from a sound and strong base will help improve his accuracy and ball placement"

    so, I have a "wait and see" on Concepcion, he could turn out to be very, very exciting a wr for the Browns.

    maybe.

  • Some of those 7 "drops" this year were balls most receivers would not have touched making them very difficult to catch. Reed was inconsistent as the A&M QB which is what cal points out. I think he'll work out fine when you add all the extra ST play to the mix. I think he saves us one ST position and maybe even 2. That allows us more room to have extras in other areas of critical need. 

    I'd like to see us use some of that draft capital we now have to move up for Boston.

  • I am not a fan of guys that drop passes. I would like to see him return punts though. It did seem like there were better options at Wr though

  • @bob806 said:

    Jeez, a 5' 11" WR. Not in round 1

    Odell Beckham was a monster until injuries caught him. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Odell Beckham was a monster until injuries caught him. 

    Sure, injuries got him but his attitude was his biggest problem. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Odell Beckham was a monster until injuries caught him. 

    Sure, injuries got him but his attitude was his biggest problem. 

    @bob806 said:

    Sure, injuries got him but his attitude was his biggest problem. 

    Point being, WRs who are sub 6ft can thrive. 

  • Boston or Hurst  at WR or Kayden McDonald

    should Be looked at tomorrow early 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Boston or Hurst  at WR or Kayden McDonald

    should Be looked at tomorrow early 

    Or McNeill-Warren at safety, or the two Tennessee cornerbacks. 

  • Some of those 7 "drops" this year were balls most receivers would not have touched making them very difficult to catch. Reed was inconsistent as the A&M QB which is what cal points out. I think he'll work out fine when you add all the extra ST play to the mix. I think he saves us one ST position and maybe even 2. That allows us more room to have extras in other areas of critical need. 

    I'd like to see us use some of that draft capital we now have to move up for Boston.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Some of those 7 "drops" this year were balls most receivers would not have touched making them very difficult to catch. Reed was inconsistent as the A&M QB which is what cal points out. I think he'll work out fine when you add all the extra ST play to the mix. I think he saves us one ST position and maybe even 2. That allows us more room to have extras in other areas of critical need. 

    I'd like to see us use some of that draft capital we now have to move up for Boston.

    Boston might be a good complement to Concepcion, as would be Hurst. 

  • Man, the Jets last night. 

    I have a feeling their fans are pretty psyched today. 

    Bailey, Sadiq and Cooper. My oh my. 

  • In a perfect world the Browns add another OLineman (Center), a WR with size and a secondary player tonight. 

  • @bob806 said:

    Sure, injuries got him but his attitude was his biggest problem. 

    Point being, WRs who are sub 6ft can thrive. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Point being, WRs who are sub 6ft can thrive. 

    I won't disagree there, and I want the pick to succeed, I think Boston at 6'4" was more worthy of the pick. 

    I'll be happy to be wrong.

    • Round 2, Pick 39
    • Round 3, Pick 70
    • Round 3, Pick 74 (from Chiefs)
    • Round 4, Pick 107
    • Round 5, Pick 148 (from Chiefs)
    • Round 5, Pick 146
    • Round 5, Pick 149 (from Bengals)
    • Round 6, Pick 206 (from Bears)
    • Round 7, Pick 248 (from Seahawks)
      33
      San Francisco 49ers    Stribling   WR
      34
      Arizona Cardinals                 Bisontis    G
      35
      Buffalo Bill                           TJ Parker  DE
      36
      Las Vegas Raiders to Texans  Kayden McDonald   DT
      37
      New York Giants                   C. Hood  CB
      38
      Houston Texans To Raiders   T. Stukes  S              
      39
      DenZel Boston   WR
      Cleveland Browns
  • Well Boston is still available right?... So lets see what happens... Every player drafted has some holes to their game. It comes down to what player can minimize or eliminate said holes..... I love this kids skill set..  I'm sure Tex loves him because he's an AGGIE.. What light can you shed on him Tex?... I wouldn't mind picking up that Gunnar kid or whatever his name is... The O line dude..

  • I think at the end of the day Fano will be a good to very good starting OLineman somewhere on the OLine. Not sure he's the answer at LTackle though. 

    I liked Concepcion all season long, but I really like Omar Cooper. Definitely going to be comparing the two in the seasons ahead. 

    Loved picking up the 3rd and 5th to get the guy I think they wanted all along. I'd like to see them be aggressive and trade up if they are targeting specific players if needed. This seems like a draft you want to get seven guys you really like over ten guys.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'd like to see them be aggressive and trade up if they are targeting specific players

    Exactly.  The trade with the Chiefs gives us fire-power to get back into round 2 for a second dip if we wanted.  I still want Boston.  Do we want to move up from pick 7 in round 2 to snag him?  We can do it now.  I don't have a passion for drafting three 5th rounders.  Let's use them to move up and get someone that we really want.  -  I'm looking forward to day 2's action.  

  • CBS Sports gave us A+ overall and A+ for both our picks. 

    Cleveland Browns -- A+

    Pick Player Grade
    R1 (9) -- via trade with Chiefs Spencer Fano -- OT, Utah A+
    R1 (24) KC Concepcion -- WR, Texas A&M

    A+  

  • Two "A+" picks makes the Browns the biggest winner of Day 1. Cleveland wanted to come out of the first round with an offensive lineman and a receiver, and it got both of them. Not only that, but it got terrific value. - CBS Sports 

    NFL.com also rated us an A

  • The Athletic gave us a B+ for both picks. 

    I gotta say l was a little surprised they didn’t go for Downs or Bain when both were still available at 9 after the trade down. If they were truly going for BPA wouldn’t you think one of those guys would’ve been the pick?

    It occurred to me Berry is probably playing it safe to hang on to his job. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'd like to see them be aggressive and trade up if they are targeting specific players

    Exactly.  The trade with the Chiefs gives us fire-power to get back into round 2 for a second dip if we wanted.  I still want Boston.  Do we want to move up from pick 7 in round 2 to snag him?  We can do it now.  I don't have a passion for drafting three 5th rounders.  Let's use them to move up and get someone that we really want.  -  I'm looking forward to day 2's action.  

    @orion said:

    Exactly.  The trade with the Chiefs gives us fire-power to get back into round 2 for a second dip if we wanted.  I still want Boston.  Do we want to move up from pick 7 in round 2 to snag him?  We can do it now.  I don't have a passion for drafting three 5th rounders.  Let's use them to move up and get someone that we really want.  -  I'm looking forward to day 2's action.  

    Totally agree using those picks to move up early. Unfortunately I will have to keep up via my phone since wifey scheduled an evening out for dinner with friends starting exactly when day 2 draft starts. 

  • the 24 pick - the Browns gave KC Concepcion the opportunity to star with the Browns offense.

    Watching his highlights - he really has that kind of ability, so I will be excited and have to admit I was one of those who overlooked him. Stuttering aside, and the drops rate aside.....he can really play - explosive, elusive and has some terrific instincts.

  • The Athletic gave us a B+ for both picks. 

    I gotta say l was a little surprised they didn’t go for Downs or Bain when both were still available at 9 after the trade down. If they were truly going for BPA wouldn’t you think one of those guys would’ve been the pick?

    It occurred to me Berry is probably playing it safe to hang on to his job. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    The Athletic gave us a B+ for both picks. 

    I gotta say l was a little surprised they didn’t go for Downs or Bain when both were still available at 9 after the trade down. If they were truly going for BPA wouldn’t you think one of those guys would’ve been the pick?

    It occurred to me Berry is probably playing it safe to hang on to his job. 

    I have a sneaking suspicion that there are some front offices that rank Bain far lower than you would think 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    The Athletic gave us a B+ for both picks. 

    I gotta say l was a little surprised they didn’t go for Downs or Bain when both were still available at 9 after the trade down. If they were truly going for BPA wouldn’t you think one of those guys would’ve been the pick?

    It occurred to me Berry is probably playing it safe to hang on to his job. 

    I have a sneaking suspicion that there are some front offices that rank Bain far lower than you would think 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I have a sneaking suspicion that there are some front offices that rank Bain far lower than you would think 

    Evidently. I figure the “short arms” thing made a difference. He’s a wrecking ball on the D line though.