The Official 2026 NFL Draft Thread
-
Not to speak too soon, but are these how AB's drafts look when DePo is not involved?
I was going to go into that somewhere. Once DePo became irrelevant to the organization, all of a sudden the draft picks improved. Last year only Stef's QB pick was a lousy pick. I hope it's a fact that we're improved by subtraction. - Good point Gator.
-
The phrase I keep seeing repeated, re: the OL picks is "they have versatility". I understand that, I don't disagree with it either.
However that is what your depth is for - versatility when *needed*. My starting 5 need to be my specialists. The OL is unique in football that its function is so synced & uniform.
The 1st round is designed to find my specialists. I feel the Browns have failed in that regard.
Re: Austin Barber. I have all-22 from the last 2 years of the Gators offense. I wasn't watching him, but I can tell you their Oline play wasn't impressive. I'll do my due diligence and report back.
The Barber selection is the one pick I'm scratching my head about.
I was kind of 'eh' about Concepcion - and I was the first guy on here to mention I really liked what he could bring this team way back in the fall - until they took Boston. I wanted Omar Cooper at 24, but since they took Boston I really like the KCC pick. I think they should complement each other very well.
But I feel like there were better OLineman on the board when they took Barber.
The Barber selection is the one pick I'm scratching my head about.
Both are head scratchers to me, Fano & Barber.
The 1st, for obvious reasons. The 2nd, because coach Monk has already said he envisions Barber as a LT. That's what you just drafted Fano for. But also because C.M. said he has the "versatility" (there's that word again) to slide inside to guard.
There are FAR too many assumptions being made here, most alarmingly by the professionals. Something I've spoken about for a handful of years - the transition from LT/RT isn't easy, and the move inside to guard is no where near as seamless and simple as it's being made by anyone. Especially for a tall OT that doesn't have the most elite natural pad level and knee bend. I've been in more than a few fights in my life. Despite some of the wins, I can tell you they all sucked and all but 2 were regrettable and silly. But the one thing you check for in any fight is cauliflower ear. Why? Wrestlers will FUCK YOU UP.
Same thing applies to the IOL. You're going to face, on average anyway, more compact, explosive and stronger defenders that have a natural center of gravity tall IOL cannot match. Same reason wrestlers tend to make quality fighters against larger dudes. They'll get into your chest, neutralize your wingspan advantage and pummel you into the hospital.
Just penciling in Barber if the OT experiment goes sideways (which I expect) is poor strategy and risk management.
I was kind of 'eh' about Concepcion -
I said this on my twitter feed. I'm willing to give KC something I was not going to give Corey Coleman - the benefit of the doubt.
-
I'll be on discord today, streaming and watching the draft, for anyone who wants to join - you're all more than welcomed.
Getting some early morning film and snap charting done on Austin Barber now, for those who want to jump in ahead of time.
-
yeah the OLine picks hope I’m wrong less than thrilled about them. I hate taking the fat guys early in the draft and passing on dynamic playmakers I hope we aren’t back here next year.
I would have gone Bowry from BC over Barber at that point.Conner Lew (still available) coming off an ACL you could give him a redshirt year.
I’d like a corner soon Charles Demmings SFA looks the part
LB too Jimmy Rolder Michigan
-
So I was talking up Will Kacmarak from Ohio State as a good in-line TE complement to Harold Fannin and put him in my mock draft (I think in the 6th round?) kind of thinking it might be somewhat of a homer pick. Good blocking, limited athletic/receiving TEs are good candidates to become priority free agents...
Imagine my surprise when he was drafted last night in the 3rd round!
So I was talking up Will Kacmarak from Ohio State as a good in-line TE complement to Harold Fannin and put him in my mock draft (I think in the 6th round?) kind of thinking it might be somewhat of a homer pick. Good blocking, limited athletic/receiving TEs are good candidates to become priority free agents...
Imagine my surprise when he was drafted last night in the 3rd round!
Nowakowski from IU would fit this role well. I don’t totally know if Monken will be like Stefanski in the same way, but Stef liked having an H-back type guy to do fullbacky and Tight Endy things in certain packages, especially near the goal line. That’s basically the role Nowakowski filled at IU, a Swiss army blocking guy who actually has pretty good hands.
-
-
Browns select Austin Barber, OTackle from Florida.
As a Gator guy I watched Barber get absolutely embarrassed by Ruebin Bain Jr so excuse me if I'm not thrilled with this pick
As a Gator guy I watched Barber get absolutely embarrassed by Ruebin Bain Jr so excuse me if I'm not thrilled with this pick
I do not follow florida football or any football in that part of the country (much) But looking at the gators schedule for the past 2 years it looks like they played against some good competition ? so as a starter he cant suck all that much
-
I'm out in Reno, NV bowling the USBC National. Browns getting surprising love from the fans at the sports books.
Bet the over 6.5 wins. Slam dunk?
This is a pretty sharp line. Without seeing your ticket I was thinking 6-7 wins. We will have new coach energy, we still have our D, the new oline will struggle to work together and who knows about the QB position. So yeah 6-7 wins seems like the outcome
-
@gumby73 said:
wanted to hit here yesterday, but lost this post..
The Browns also own the Texans 2027 5th and 7th Round picks.
How did we acquire them?
-
I'm out in Reno, NV bowling the USBC National. Browns getting surprising love from the fans at the sports books.
Bet the over 6.5 wins. Slam dunk?
This is a pretty sharp line. Without seeing your ticket I was thinking 6-7 wins. We will have new coach energy, we still have our D, the new oline will struggle to work together and who knows about the QB position. So yeah 6-7 wins seems like the outcome
This is a pretty sharp line. Without seeing your ticket I was thinking 6-7 wins. We will have new coach energy, we still have our D, the new oline will struggle to work together and who knows about the QB position. So yeah 6-7 wins seems like the outcome
Yep. Cautious optimism, but perhaps they're building a good young core.
-
-
CB Jerrod McCoy comes off the board
-
@gumby73 said:
wanted to hit here yesterday, but lost this post..
The Browns also own the Texans 2027 5th and 7th Round picks.
How did we acquire them?
How did we acquire them?
Cam Robinson traded to Texans.. saw on X, but now verifying, the true value is only for a 2027 6th from spotrac
-
By far the best sound accompanying a pick was the 6 live harps
-
The Ravens got Sarratt?!? Come on man…
-
OK, now it's time to move up for a center.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
espn feed is slightly ahead of NFLnetwork