Skip to content

Spencer Fano - OT - 9th pick of round 1

The Browns Board
18 8 427
  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Joe Thomas footsteps would have been getting the draft call and he’s out spearfishing 

  • Joe Thomas footsteps would have been getting the draft call and he’s out spearfishing 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Joe Thomas footsteps would have been getting the draft call and he’s out spearfishing 

    It just shows how loyal JT was/is to 'his' people.  Being at the draft would've been 'about him'.  But doing what he's always done with 'his people' was way more important to him.  JT was one of the best draft picks we ever made.  It wasn't his fault that he couldn't throw touchdown passes while protecting the blind side.

    I don't know how good Fano will wind up being.  But I'll own the fact that I wanted him...for better or worse.  And since I live here in New England I'll get to watch Lomu also.  

  • Doesn’t he have short arms? 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @londonbrown said:

    Doesn’t he have short arms? 

    He said the Browns and Steelers measured them at 33".

    I think the Browns plan on him being the LT, and they could always pull a Will Campbell and move him somewhere else if it doesn't work out this season. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Doesn’t he have short arms? 

    He said the Browns and Steelers measured them at 33".

    I think the Browns plan on him being the LT, and they could always pull a Will Campbell and move him somewhere else if it doesn't work out this season. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think the Browns plan on him being the LT

    I just watched his phone conversation with Berry, Monken and the son-in-law.  Berry told him flat out that he was going to be their LT.  It was cool when Berry told him that they were going to take him off the board now.  He thanked all three of them when each took over the phone.  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #14

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Quite thankful that he wasn't wearing a mini skirt.  🙂

  • Quite thankful that he wasn't wearing a mini skirt.  🙂

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @orion said:

    Quite thankful that he wasn't wearing a mini skirt.  🙂

    He wore a Polynesian kilt 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    He's got some humor of Joe Thomas too... "You gave me my favorite phone call ever, Thank you" ?

     
     

    Chiefs receive:

    Browns receive:

    • 2026 first-round pick (No. 9) -- OT Spencer Fano
    • 2026 third-round pick (No. 74); Pick traded to Giants -- WR Malachi Fields (Browns received 2027 4th from NYG)
    • 2026 fifth-round pick (No. 148); Pick traded to Seahawks -- G Beau Stephens (Browns received 2027 4th from SEA) 
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Insider Albert Breer recently revealed the key moment that sealed the Browns-Chiefs draft trade, and it was when Kansas City general manager Brett Veach confirmed he was going to select a defensive player.