Skip to content

A look at the second round

The Browns Board
55 16 3.5k
  • """"The whole hope was based on Brady Quinn which bombed out badly. """""

    FACE THE FAC%T^......another huge strike on talent evaluation!!!!!

  • . .mz

    So restin, you believe Mangini did a good job with this draft?

    @.mz said:

    So restin, you believe Mangini did a good job with this draft?

    yo mz the pussy raps...do you think Mangini and Kokinis did well?

  • HEy ALOY....how is William moore doing in the ATL?

  • We have Three (3)and all sit the fkn bench! It ain't cry baby it is fact. And the fact that this regime can't find a second round starter with three tries[/b]....TO ME....FKN sucks ass and I don't want them near my next years draft. If they play and contribute awesome....but none are really contributing anything but carring vets shoulder pads.

    The major flaw in your logic is that rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. Especially with OL and WRs. There is a reason that excellent stats and contributions are relative to a player's tenure in the league. "That's pretty good. For a rookie". Rookies' main jobs are to look, listen, and learn. They will develope. The fact that ANYBODY is pissed about our draft after 3 games is just baseless misdirected anger towards the team. He is obviously building for the future and so this thread should be post-poned until this time next year.

  • . .mz

    @danamal said:

    I find it hard at this point in time to like what I see from Mangini as far as his coaching abilitys go but there is no denying he has a very keen eye for talent in the draft.

    How do we know Mike Tannenbaum wasn't doing the drafting there?

    @danamal said:

    He left the Jets in very good shape just didnt get the coaching done,the players are though,go look at their roster.

    This confirms my suspicion. A fat idiot is a fat idiot.

    @.mz said:

    How do we know Mike Tannenbaum wasn't doing the drafting there?

    How do you know Tannenbaum was doing the drafting?

  • We have Three (3)and all sit the fkn bench! It ain't cry baby it is fact. And the fact that this regime can't find a second round starter with three tries[/b]....TO ME....FKN sucks ass and I don't want them near my next years draft. If they play and contribute awesome....but none are really contributing anything but carring vets shoulder pads.

    The major flaw in your logic is that rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. Especially with OL and WRs. There is a reason that excellent stats and contributions are relative to a player's tenure in the league. "That's pretty good. For a rookie". Rookies' main jobs are to look, listen, and learn. They will develope. The fact that ANYBODY is pissed about our draft after 3 games is just baseless misdirected anger towards the team. He is obviously building for the future and so this thread should be post-poned until this time next year.

    @mopaji said:

    The major flaw in your logic is that rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. Especially with OL and WRs. There is a reason that excellent stats and contributions are relative to a player's tenure in the league. "That's pretty good. For a rookie". Rookies' main jobs are to look, listen, and learn. They will develope. The fact that ANYBODY is pissed about our draft after 3 games is just baseless misdirected anger towards the team. He is obviously building for the future and so this thread should be post-poned until this time next year.

    The major flaw in your logic is that rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. ha ha ha ha WOW.....Second rounders have to be impactful immediately....unless your as deep as the pats. 3 of ours don't start. it is fact. Man you drink the koolaid

  • @restinpeace said:

    Then the season goes along and those players you are fist pumping, fade away. Posts like this, really make me wonder.

    If these guys (our 3 picks) don't start seeing the field....on a perennial 4-12 team....I want new people in charge ....I won't even show you notable 3rd round guys!!!

    What makes you wonder about...I think i am demonstratively clear

    @solon16 said:

    If these guys (our 3 picks) don't start seeing the field....on a perennial 4-12 team....I want new people in charge ....I won't even show you notable 3rd round guys!!!

    What makes you wonder about...I think i am demonstratively clear

    What makes me wonder is what do you expect out of a bunch of rookies playing on a terrible team? What, in reality, do you think they will add? Me, I think it would most likely hurt their developement more than anything else. At least this way, they learn and get hungrier and hungrier and hungrier until they get their shot when the team is a bit more stable and consistant. I'll take my chances with that scenario everytime over throwing a bunch of kids in and hoping for the best.

    FAIL

  • What makes me wonder is what do you expect out of a bunch of rookies playing on a terrible team? TO FKN PLAY!

    I'm worried about you.....hurt there development....couldn't be farther from the truth!

  • @danamal said:

    I find it hard at this point in time to like what I see from Mangini as far as his coaching abilitys go but there is no denying he has a very keen eye for talent in the draft.

    He left the Jets in very good shape just didnt get the coaching done,the players are though,go look at their roster.

    Vernon Gholston agrees.

  • @mopaji said:

    The major flaw in your logic is that rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. Especially with OL and WRs. There is a reason that excellent stats and contributions are relative to a player's tenure in the league. "That's pretty good. For a rookie". Rookies' main jobs are to look, listen, and learn. They will develope. The fact that ANYBODY is pissed about our draft after 3 games is just baseless misdirected anger towards the team. He is obviously building for the future and so this thread should be post-poned until this time next year.

    The major flaw in your logic is that rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. ha ha ha ha WOW.....Second rounders have to be impactful immediately....unless your as deep as the pats. 3 of ours don't start. it is fact. Man you drink the koolaid

    @solon16 said:

    The major flaw in your logic is that rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. ha ha ha ha WOW.....Second rounders have to be impactful immediately....unless your as deep as the pats. 3 of ours don't start. it is fact. Man you drink the koolaid

    I agree. With a team this bad to think that a 2nd rounder couldn't come in and displace someone to at least get some serious playing time - even if they're not making plays - says a lot.

    Quality teams with depth have the luxury of letting 2nd and 3rd round picks sit on the bench and develop.

    The Browns aren't a quality team with depth. The bottom line is that the Browns rookies are currently worse than bad starters and bad veteran backups. It's too soon to call them a bust but it doesn't bode well for the future.

  • When you don't have a #2 WR and the guy starting is a college QB and NFL special teams player and he can beat out the "rookies" who have been playing the WR position their college career, something is wrong.

    I can see the second round LB learning the defense.

  • You cannot evaluate a draft in 3 games..

  • @.mz said:

    Can we not wonder why one of our round two picks fails to DRESS as part of a shitty receiver group?

    He was supposedly "NFL-ready." Whoops.

    This is a little perplexing. How is Hartline playing in Miami and Robiskie inactive? I'm a diehard Buckeye fan and I can't for the life of me explain this.

    Either we are the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked or Robiskie is a poser....or both. Damnit.

  • Maybe Robiskie farted in a meeting and Manasshole decided instead of a fine this punishment would have more of an impact on the kid.

  • @mopaji said:

    The major flaw in your logic is that rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. Especially with OL and WRs. There is a reason that excellent stats and contributions are relative to a player's tenure in the league. "That's pretty good. For a rookie". Rookies' main jobs are to look, listen, and learn. They will develope. The fact that ANYBODY is pissed about our draft after 3 games is just baseless misdirected anger towards the team. He is obviously building for the future and so this thread should be post-poned until this time next year.

    The major flaw in your logic is that rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. ha ha ha ha WOW.....Second rounders have to be impactful immediately....unless your as deep as the pats. 3 of ours don't start. it is fact. Man you drink the koolaid

    @solon16 said:

    The major flaw in your logic is that rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. ha ha ha ha WOW.....Second rounders have to be impactful immediately....unless your as deep as the pats. 3 of ours don't start. it is fact. Man you drink the koolaid

    Why don't you give me one example of a single 2nd round pick that has EVER come in as a rookie and made and impact on a team that was considered the worst in the league at the time?

    Second rounders have to be impactful immediately
    Really? They have to? You are one of those guys that is in love with draft position and hype. That is fine if you're a fan but if you're actually building a team, that shit doesn't matter. And what in the hell is wrong with rookies sitting on the bench in the 3rd week of the season?!?!?!?! It's week 3!!! And the ONLY time you start rookies is when you are AS GOOD AS THE PATS. That's why they actually do it! You can say you would have done it differently but to start bashing an orginization because they made different decisions than you, the fan would have; is just not that mature.

    We have completely lost perspective on what is expected from rookies. They are nothing but prospects with varying degrees of potential. (which is why we need a rookie cap). With all of the hype around the draft and the occaional rookie sensation, you have a skewed view of the reality of an NFL football team. Re-read all of my rookie posts. I'm not gong to re-type another logical explanation of the details to an overly-emotional fan.

  • Why don't you give me one example of a single 2nd round pick that has EVER come in as a rookie and made and impact on a team that was considered the worst in the league at the time? I'll compile a huge fkn list...but I do not have time right now! I'm talking about starting as a second round pick

    And the ONLY time you start rookies is when you are AS GOOD AS THE PATS. That's why they actually do it! WRONG, that's the team that can afford to sit and develop....assbackwards as usual.

    you have a skewed view of the reality of an NFL football team. Re-read all of my rookie posts. I'm not gong to re-type another logical explanation of the details to an overly-emotional fan. Re-read your ass backward posts...no thanks. Logical? Far from it!

    You think I'm overly emotional...lol Call like I see it, you call it like you've taken too much acid.

  • What makes me wonder is what do you expect out of a bunch of rookies playing on a terrible team? TO FKN PLAY!

    I'm worried about you.....hurt there development....couldn't be farther from the truth!

    @solon16 said:

    What makes me wonder is what do you expect out of a bunch of rookies playing on a terrible team? TO FKN PLAY!

    I'm worried about you.....hurt there development....couldn't be farther from the truth!

    So coach should throw in these kids that are not ready to play or just not good enough yet so that Solon16 can see them play? You hear that coach?! Solon wants to see them play! Forget what you know! Solon wants to see them play! That's as good enough a reason as any. Hey, it worked for Brady Quah....errr......wait a minute?

  • Why don't you give me one example of a single 2nd round pick that has EVER come in as a rookie and made and impact on a team that was considered the worst in the league at the time? I'll compile a huge fkn list...but I do not have time right now! I'm talking about starting as a second round pick

    And the ONLY time you start rookies is when you are AS GOOD AS THE PATS. That's why they actually do it! WRONG, that's the team that can afford to sit and develop....assbackwards as usual.

    you have a skewed view of the reality of an NFL football team. Re-read all of my rookie posts. I'm not gong to re-type another logical explanation of the details to an overly-emotional fan. Re-read your ass backward posts...no thanks. Logical? Far from it!

    You think I'm overly emotional...lol Call like I see it, you call it like you've taken too much acid.

    @solon16 said:

    Why don't you give me one example of a single 2nd round pick that has EVER come in as a rookie and made and impact on a team that was considered the worst in the league at the time? I'll compile a huge fkn list...but I do not have time right now! I'm talking about starting as a second round pick

    And the ONLY time you start rookies is when you are AS GOOD AS THE PATS. That's why they actually do it! WRONG, that's the team that can afford to sit and develop....assbackwards as usual.

    you have a skewed view of the reality of an NFL football team. Re-read all of my rookie posts. I'm not gong to re-type another logical explanation of the details to an overly-emotional fan. Re-read your ass backward posts...no thanks. Logical? Far from it!

    You think I'm overly emotional...lol Call like I see it, you call it like you've taken too much acid.

    I didn't ask for a "huge fk'n list" I only wanted one example but whatever.

    Homey, if you put raw rookies in on a bad team you'll get bad rookies. That's like having a bad dog and getting another one so he will behave. You know what you get? Two bad dogs. Good teams do it because they have a system in place with vets and continuity from top to bottom. I'm not really sure why you have such a huge problem with that? Oh wait, that's right. You just want to see them play. Okay nevermind I get it. The acid has worn off and I now realize that I make no sense. I concede.

  • @solon16 said:

    What makes me wonder is what do you expect out of a bunch of rookies playing on a terrible team? TO FKN PLAY!

    I'm worried about you.....hurt there development....couldn't be farther from the truth!

    So coach should throw in these kids that are not ready to play or just not good enough yet so that Solon16 can see them play? You hear that coach?! Solon wants to see them play! Forget what you know! Solon wants to see them play! That's as good enough a reason as any. Hey, it worked for Brady Quah....errr......wait a minute?

    @mopaji said:

    So coach should throw in these kids that are not ready to play or just not good enough yet so that Solon16 can see them play? You hear that coach?! Solon wants to see them play! Forget what you know! Solon wants to see them play! That's as good enough a reason as any. Hey, it worked for Brady Quah....errr......wait a minute?

    not ready to play or just not good enough.... Boy you don't understand the point....but you just made mine. and BQ sat for three years because he isn't good enough...ie talent evaluation is the reason the Browns are where they are.

  • Good teams sit there rookies...for the most part... because they are good. Bad teams play there rookies because they are bad thus second round picks SHOULD be able to displace the crap on the field on a 4-12 team...I really am confused as to why you even debate this fact...

    We will just go off the top of my head on this years second rounders who play/start....Alonso Smith Denver CB, Evette Brown DE Carolina, rey maualuga LB Cincy, Lesean McCoy RB Phily,Paul Kruger DE Baltimore, Sean Smith CB Miami,Louis Delmas S Detroit, James Laurinitis LB Stl, Eben Britton RT Jax, Connor Barwin OLB Texans, Andy Levitre OT Buffalo, Phil Loadholt RT Minn......want more? three Pats see spot duty all second rounders Ron Brace NT, Darius Butler CB, Patrick Chung S.......OK?

    All second rounders starting or playing alot of football with teams that had ONE second round pick...save NE, we have THREE sitting! These are JUST from this years draft....I guess I'm the only one on this board who thinks your wrong as hell. Has nothing to do with ME wanting to see them....has to do with the scary possibility that this Regime can't draft for shit.....which is exactly why this team has sucked for a decade....of the first 10 drafts we've missed on the first three picks in every draft... almost universally. 4 of 30 were any good....and I reluctantly put BE in there and Kam wimbley.

    You are dilusional to think we should sit 3 second round picks on a 4-12 team. But you have your reasons....which make no sense to me.

    P.S. you obviously don't follow the draft....I've watched gavel to gavel evr since it's been on air...you are dead wrong.