Skip to content

Take a Look at This

The Browns Board
31 11 462 1
  • @orion said:

    ...and the spoils go to the winners...but one could argue that on top of his NFL Championships Paul Brown was an innovator with such things as his shuttling plays into the QB, his emphasis on the draft as well as face masks. Of course when naming the trophy Brown's AAFC titles were scoffed at.

    I'll never debate that - Paul Brown basically was the father of modern football and his influence IMO was greater than Lombardi's.

    But if my life depended on the result of one football game, I'd go with Lombardi as head coach.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll never debate that - Paul Brown basically was the father of modern football and his influence IMO was greater than Lombardi's.

    But if my life depended on the result of one football game, I'd go with Lombardi as head coach.

    It's a good argument you have Dutch; but THANK GOD that annoying Packer fan isn't here to see any of this. If he re-surfaces - can you do me a favor and tell him the medication your doctor prescribed was making you hallucinate on July 30th?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'll never debate that - Paul Brown basically was the father of modern football and his influence IMO was greater than Lombardi's.

    But if my life depended on the result of one football game, I'd go with Lombardi as head coach.

    It's a good argument you have Dutch; but THANK GOD that annoying Packer fan isn't here to see any of this. If he re-surfaces - can you do me a favor and tell him the medication your doctor prescribed was making you hallucinate on July 30th?

    @flugel said:

    It's a good argument you have Dutch; but THANK GOD that annoying Packer fan isn't here to see any of this. If he re-surfaces - can you do me a favor and tell him the medication your doctor prescribed was making you hallucinate on July 30th?

    Oh man, I totally forgot about that asshat.

  • @flugel said:

    It's a good argument you have Dutch; but THANK GOD that annoying Packer fan isn't here to see any of this. If he re-surfaces - can you do me a favor and tell him the medication your doctor prescribed was making you hallucinate on July 30th?

    Oh man, I totally forgot about that asshat.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh man, I totally forgot about that asshat.

    Do you think he's ever had a worse nightmare than watching Cleveland come from behind to beat his team in the closing seconds last year? He's gotta live with the memory of a 5-12 Cleveland Browns team he frequently made fun of being just good enough to beat his pretenders.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Oh man, I totally forgot about that asshat.

    Do you think he's ever had a worse nightmare than watching Cleveland come from behind to beat his team in the closing seconds last year? He's gotta live with the memory of a 5-12 Cleveland Browns team he frequently made fun of being just good enough to beat his pretenders.

    @flugel said:

    Do you think he's ever had a worse nightmare than watching Cleveland come from behind to beat his team in the closing seconds last year? He's gotta live with the memory of a 5-12 Cleveland Browns team he frequently made fun of being just good enough to beat his pretenders.

    That guy was such an asshole...

    I'm shocked he wasn't a close friend of the admin.

  • @flugel said:

    Do you think he's ever had a worse nightmare than watching Cleveland come from behind to beat his team in the closing seconds last year? He's gotta live with the memory of a 5-12 Cleveland Browns team he frequently made fun of being just good enough to beat his pretenders.

    That guy was such an asshole...

    I'm shocked he wasn't a close friend of the admin.

    @dutch-oven said:

    That guy was such an asshole...

    I'm shocked he wasn't a close friend of the admin.

    I imagine he's in the crowd that's intimidated by a 150 lb boogey man like Dr Fauci. The visual of grown men in terror sleeping with the lights on because of him is as outrageous as it is hilarious.

    I wouldn't have put anything political here but the only recent attempt I've made to post on the political board got deleted immediately; so I'll place my 1 or 2 annual political posts (if that) here for now. I edited it way down so I don't cause any further panic attacks for the Barney Fife in charge living the dream.

  • @orion said:

    ...and the spoils go to the winners...but one could argue that on top of his NFL Championships Paul Brown was an innovator with such things as his shuttling plays into the QB, his emphasis on the draft as well as face masks. Of course when naming the trophy Brown's AAFC titles were scoffed at.

    I'll never debate that - Paul Brown basically was the father of modern football and his influence IMO was greater than Lombardi's.

    But if my life depended on the result of one football game, I'd go with Lombardi as head coach.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll never debate that - Paul Brown basically was the father of modern football and his influence IMO was greater than Lombardi's.

    But if my life depended on the result of one football game, I'd go with Lombardi as head coach.

    I hear if a movie is to be made about the Og Paul Brown that Jeff Bridges or Al Pacino would play Coach Brown , while Curley from the 3 stooges would play lombardi

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll never debate that - Paul Brown basically was the father of modern football and his influence IMO was greater than Lombardi's.

    But if my life depended on the result of one football game, I'd go with Lombardi as head coach.

    I hear if a movie is to be made about the Og Paul Brown that Jeff Bridges or Al Pacino would play Coach Brown , while Curley from the 3 stooges would play lombardi

    @syd said:

    I hear if a movie is to be made about the Og Paul Brown that Jeff Bridges or Al Pacino would play Coach Brown , while Curley from the 3 stooges would play lombardi

    Having an Italian like Al Pacino playing Paul Brown makes as much sense as anything you've spewed on this topic every three times a year you bring it up, I suppose.

  • @syd said:

    I hear if a movie is to be made about the Og Paul Brown that Jeff Bridges or Al Pacino would play Coach Brown , while Curley from the 3 stooges would play lombardi

    Having an Italian like Al Pacino playing Paul Brown makes as much sense as anything you've spewed on this topic every three times a year you bring it up, I suppose.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Having an Italian like Al Pacino playing Paul Brown makes as much sense as anything you've spewed on this topic every three times a year you bring it up, I suppose.

    You 2 guys aren't in the same huddle any more but it's only training camp. Speaking of which, are you guys gonna go tag-team again on the countdown to opening day? If either one of yuz has a vacation or long weekend - I could chip in and help. Sometimes I really feel the sting of the absence of MJP; especially the summer months leading up to training camp but moreso all year round.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Having an Italian like Al Pacino playing Paul Brown makes as much sense as anything you've spewed on this topic every three times a year you bring it up, I suppose.

    You 2 guys aren't in the same huddle any more but it's only training camp. Speaking of which, are you guys gonna go tag-team again on the countdown to opening day? If either one of yuz has a vacation or long weekend - I could chip in and help. Sometimes I really feel the sting of the absence of MJP; especially the summer months leading up to training camp but moreso all year round.

    @flugel said:

    You 2 guys aren't in the same huddle any more but it's only training camp. Speaking of which, are you guys gonna go tag-team again on the countdown to opening day? If either one of yuz has a vacation or long weekend - I could chip in and help. Sometimes I really feel the sting of the absence of MJP; especially the summer months leading up to training camp but moreso all year round.

    I went to Youngstown recently, and almost automatically it made me think of mjp.

    The board was a better place with him here, for sure.

  • @syd said:

    I hear if a movie is to be made about the Og Paul Brown that Jeff Bridges or Al Pacino would play Coach Brown , while Curley from the 3 stooges would play lombardi

    Having an Italian like Al Pacino playing Paul Brown makes as much sense as anything you've spewed on this topic every three times a year you bring it up, I suppose.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Having an Italian like Al Pacino playing Paul Brown makes as much sense as anything you've spewed on this topic every three times a year you bring it up, I suppose.

    Hollywood man, they always fuck things up