Skip to content

Training Camp - starts July 29th

The Browns Board
131 11 2.1k 1
  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    Zack Zinter was carted off of the practice field today.

    that sucks for him, but with being hurt and little playing time was he even going to make the team ?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #38

    @syd said:

    that sucks for him, but with being hurt and little playing time was he even going to make the team ?

    I personally thought he sucked. But he's been with us. He's at least a camp body. And if we had other injuries he might be able step in. edit and add: step in and suck.

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    Zack Zinter was carted off of the practice field today.

    that sucks for him, but with being hurt and little playing time was he even going to make the team ?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @syd said:

    that sucks for him, but with being hurt and little playing time was he even going to make the team ?

    Football is harder when you don't know what the other side is doing before each play.

  • @syd said:

    that sucks for him, but with being hurt and little playing time was he even going to make the team ?

    Football is harder when you don't know what the other side is doing before each play.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @dutch-oven said:

    Football is harder when you don't know what the other side is doing before each play.

    JJ McCarthy is (predictably) busting as well.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Football is harder when you don't know what the other side is doing before each play.

    JJ McCarthy is (predictably) busting as well.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tiamat63 said:

    JJ McCarthy is (predictably) busting as well.

    It still blows my mind that he was taken that high.

    scUM literally stopped passing the ball when their sign stealing got exposed. All the kid could do there is scramble right and heave the ball down field and let his WRs make contested catches.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Well, Thrash was cut last year and eventually signed back....but now a different coaching regime has cut him.

    image.png

  • Well, Thrash was cut last year and eventually signed back....but now a different coaching regime has cut him.

    image.png

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @orion said:

    Well, Thrash was cut last year and eventually signed back....but now a different coaching regime has cut him.

    image.png

    They had to replace Zak Zinter

  • @orion said:

    Well, Thrash was cut last year and eventually signed back....but now a different coaching regime has cut him.

    image.png

    They had to replace Zak Zinter

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @nickers said:

    They had to replace Zak Zinter

    Zinter is still on the team...he hasn't been waived or IR'd or anything

  • Well, Thrash was cut last year and eventually signed back....but now a different coaching regime has cut him.

    image.png

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @orion said:

    Well, Thrash was cut last year and eventually signed back....but now a different coaching regime has cut him.

    image.png

    tillman next ? I mean we used our 2nd and 3rd picks on wr's

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #46

    speaking of wr's being cut seems a udfa from some small ass collage Floriea will make the team again this year, who was that that talked shit about small collage guys that go undrafted ? I forgot who , must not be that important of a poster

  • @nickers said:

    They had to replace Zak Zinter

    Zinter is still on the team...he hasn't been waived or IR'd or anything

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @orion said:

    Zinter is still on the team...he hasn't been waived or IR'd or anything

    Well he's hurt and he sucks.. May as well..

  • sydS syd

    speaking of wr's being cut seems a udfa from some small ass collage Floriea will make the team again this year, who was that that talked shit about small collage guys that go undrafted ? I forgot who , must not be that important of a poster

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @syd said:

    seems a udfa from some small ass collage Floriea will make the team again this year

    I don't think so. He's another midget. Just sayin'. Maybe he gets on the PS. But as you said earlier, Tillman is a guy that should be concerned. After all, Denzel Boston is the Tillman that Tillman hasn't been.

  • @syd said:

    that sucks for him, but with being hurt and little playing time was he even going to make the team ?

    I'm sorry he got hurt but... He fucking blows!

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @nickers said:

    I'm sorry he got hurt but... He fucking blows!

    @syd said:

    3rd round pick i believe and he had a broken leg vs TOSU on the last game of the year, didnt hall break it

    Not that I want to be the next Conrad Dobler here; but what happened to the Felix and Oscar vibe from you 2 guys?

  • sydS syd

    speaking of wr's being cut seems a udfa from some small ass collage Floriea will make the team again this year, who was that that talked shit about small collage guys that go undrafted ? I forgot who , must not be that important of a poster

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #50

    @syd said:

    speaking of wr's being cut seems a udfa from some small ass collage Floriea will make the team again this year, who was that that talked shit about small collage guys that go undrafted ? I forgot who , must not be that important of a poster

    The last Special Teams return man the Browns signed as a UDFA from Kent State was... Josh Cribbs. Having said that, just a gut feeling here that Luke Floriea can be a better Receiver in the pass game than Cribbs was. I feel bad saying I don't think Gage Larvadain quite has it - because the guy had enough heart to make the team last year. Then of course the NYJ reminded what a disaster our STs could be...

  • @nickers said:

    I'm sorry he got hurt but... He fucking blows!

    @syd said:

    3rd round pick i believe and he had a broken leg vs TOSU on the last game of the year, didnt hall break it

    Not that I want to be the next Conrad Dobler here; but what happened to the Felix and Oscar vibe from you 2 guys?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @flugel said:

    Not that I want to be the next Conrad Dobler here; but what happened to the Felix and Oscar vibe from you 2 guys?

    >

    Hey we get along once in awhile... I don't hate the guy .."sheesh"

  • @flugel said:

    Not that I want to be the next Conrad Dobler here; but what happened to the Felix and Oscar vibe from you 2 guys?

    >

    Hey we get along once in awhile... I don't hate the guy .."sheesh"

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @nickers said:

    Hey we get along once in awhile... I don't hate the guy .."sheesh"

    ? All true Nicks, not meant to be a bad thing - which is why I had fun with the Felix and Oscar parallel. Those 2 friends with a common bond rarely agreed with each other. The sitcom was hilarious back in the day. I never saw the movie with Walter Mathau and former NFL Official Jack Lemmon as the main characters.

  • @nickers said:

    Hey we get along once in awhile... I don't hate the guy .."sheesh"

    ? All true Nicks, not meant to be a bad thing - which is why I had fun with the Felix and Oscar parallel. Those 2 friends with a common bond rarely agreed with each other. The sitcom was hilarious back in the day. I never saw the movie with Walter Mathau and former NFL Official Jack Lemmon as the main characters.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @flugel said:

    ? All true Nicks, not meant to be a bad thing - which is why I had fun with the Felix and Oscar parallel. Those 2 friends with a common bond rarely agreed with each other. The sitcom was hilarious back in the day. I never saw the movie with Walter Mathau and former NFL Official Jack Lemmon as the main characters.

    I did... funny movie but Randall and Klugman had amazing chemistry... And they look the part...

  • @nickers said:

    Hey we get along once in awhile... I don't hate the guy .."sheesh"

    ? All true Nicks, not meant to be a bad thing - which is why I had fun with the Felix and Oscar parallel. Those 2 friends with a common bond rarely agreed with each other. The sitcom was hilarious back in the day. I never saw the movie with Walter Mathau and former NFL Official Jack Lemmon as the main characters.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #54

    @flugel said:

    I never saw the movie with Walter Mathau and former NFL Official Jack Lemmon as the main characters.

    Best lines were when Lemmon corrects Mathau telling him with a condescending laugh, "It's not spaghetti, it's linguini!" Mathau throws it up against the wall saying, "Now it's garbage!" ? Really funny movie.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #55

    image.png

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #56

    @orion said:

    image.png

    Thanks! I'm not surpised the guy that took all of the 1st team reps did the best - nor will I be when Shedeur accomplishes the same thing with the 1s - especially once the entire playbook has been implemented. A million miles ago, Watson was a 1st round QB that made Pro Bowls and Playoffs as a starter. The 1 thing that scoreboad comparison doesn't reflect is how many times Watson would have been hit/tackled/injured in the pocket or when he kept/keeps the ball (because the defense usually isn't allowed to hit the QB in training camp). When it all goes live in September, will Watson have shown Monken he's solved a lot of his pocket indecision? Along the same line, will Shedeur have proven he has expedited his processor in the pocket? All that said, I'm glad we have Monken and his offensive background here to handle this challenge.

    Here's the hurdle to those important questions Shedeur & Watson need to answer above: - it's conceivable that auditioning 5 open starting spots on the OL undoubtedly will require a term Browns' fans can rarely escape called "patience." It's like the football version of dialing 911 for an emergency and the person that answers the phone says "911 can you hold?"

  • @orion said:

    image.png

    Thanks! I'm not surpised the guy that took all of the 1st team reps did the best - nor will I be when Shedeur accomplishes the same thing with the 1s - especially once the entire playbook has been implemented. A million miles ago, Watson was a 1st round QB that made Pro Bowls and Playoffs as a starter. The 1 thing that scoreboad comparison doesn't reflect is how many times Watson would have been hit/tackled/injured in the pocket or when he kept/keeps the ball (because the defense usually isn't allowed to hit the QB in training camp). When it all goes live in September, will Watson have shown Monken he's solved a lot of his pocket indecision? Along the same line, will Shedeur have proven he has expedited his processor in the pocket? All that said, I'm glad we have Monken and his offensive background here to handle this challenge.

    Here's the hurdle to those important questions Shedeur & Watson need to answer above: - it's conceivable that auditioning 5 open starting spots on the OL undoubtedly will require a term Browns' fans can rarely escape called "patience." It's like the football version of dialing 911 for an emergency and the person that answers the phone says "911 can you hold?"

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @flugel said:

    especially once the entire playbook has been implemented

    Monken said the other day that the Install is over. I guess now it's all about reps and getting the plays down pat. And I assume they'll be a day in the near future where Sanders will get all of the reps with the ones. I believe that today (Sunday) is a day off.