Training Camp - starts July 29th
-
Regarding the QBs...one thing to consider, maybe it's been posted already-
It might actually be easier for the Browns to start Watson, then turn to Sanders when that most-likely fails.
If the Browns drop their first 2 games in Florida, and DW isn't very good, maybe it's SS' turn. I can't imagine our fans being kind to DW if he sucks at the home opener, even if it's one incompletion or interception/sack.
Starting SS, and if he fails, turning to Watson, well then we've got an even bigger problem. Just my two cents.
-
1st Depth Chart - Bears game. I'm very happy for Denzel Boston. I was disappointed that we chose Concepcion at #21 and not Boston. But by some strange miracle, there was Boston still on the board for our 2nd round pick. And in hindsight, had we chosen Boston at 21 then for sure Concepcion wouldn't have been there for us in round 2 because a lot of people had Concepcion rated higher than Boston. Not me however. I thought Boston would already be gone before pick 21. It worked out better than I could've imagined. Boston came to us not as a 1st rounder. Without having to live up to the 1st round moniker. And yet, wanting to prove that he should've been a 1st round pick. And with the camp he's had to this point, he has done and is doing just that.
I'm envisioning the WR room like this: Jerry Judy, Denzel Boston, Kevin Concepcion, Isaiah Bond....and then one or two guys that are going to have to separate themselves from the pack. One might think that Cedric Tillman might have the inside track, but he just hasn't shown much in his two seasons with the team. So being a veteran might actually be to his detriment.
Offense
Position
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
WR
Jerry Jeudy
Tylan Wallace
Malachi Corley
LT
*Spencer Fano
Dawand Jones
Jeremiah Byers
LG
Zion Johnson
Zak Zinter
Kingsley Eguakun
C
Elgton Jenkins
*Parker Brailsford
Luke Wypler
RG
Teven Jenkins
KT Leveston
Jack Conley
RT
Tytus Howard
*Austin Barber
Tyre Phillips
*Izavion Miller
WR
*Denzel Boston
Cedric Tillman
Gage Larvadain
Luke Floriea
QB
Deshaun Watson OR Shedeur Sanders
Dillon Gabriel
*Taylen Green
RB
Quinshon Judkins
Dylan Sampson
Raheim Sanders
Michael Burton (FB)
Ahmani Marshall
*Davon Booth
TE
Harold Fannin Jr.
Blake Whiteheart
Jack Stoll
Brenden Bates
*Carsen Ryan
(*Joe Royer)
WR
*KC Concepcion Jr.
Isaiah Bond
*Kole Wilson
Defense
Position
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
LDE
Jared Verse
Julian Okwara
*Khordae Sydnor
Benton Whitley
LDT
(Maliek Collins)
Mike Hall Jr.
Sam Kamara
*Tyreak Sapp
Coziah Izzard
Patrick Jenkins
RDT
Mason Graham
Kalia Davis
Adin Huntington
Elijah Chatman
Travis Bell
RDE
Alex Wright
Isaiah McGuire
*Logan Fano
LB
Carson Schwesinger
Nathaniel Watson
LB
Quincy Williams
*Justin Jefferson
LB
Easton Mascarenas-Arnold
Winston Reid
Edefuan Ulofoshio
CB
Tyson Campbell
Myles Harden
Damarri Mathis
Tre Avery
*Michael Coats Jr.
*Jeadyn Lukus
CB
Denzel Ward
D'Angelo Ross
Myles Bryant
*Nate Evans
Tyron Herring
Tyler Hall
S
Grant Delpit
*Emmanuel McNeil-Warren
Daniel Thomas
*Zion Washington
S
Ronnie Hickman
Christopher Edmonds
Donovan McMillon
-
@orion yeah I think Tillman is still under his rookie deal, bigger body, so I think he's safe. Has some upside but injuries have slowed him.
The potential for a good offense is here again, as the skill guys bring excitement.
@orion yeah I think Tillman is still under his rookie deal, bigger body, so I think he's safe. Has some upside but injuries have slowed him.
The potential for a good offense is here again, as the skill guys bring excitement.
I just wish we had a legit starting QB.
I'm not even talking a top notch starting QB, just a veteran who can read defenses, get the offensive players on the same page, and run the offense in a competent way for this season, and some of next until the rookie we draft (I hope) is ready to start sometime in 2027.
The lack of that is tempering my enthusiasm.
"Enthusiasms... enthusiasms.... enthusiasms" (Name tthat 80s classic movie)
-
@orion yeah I think Tillman is still under his rookie deal, bigger body, so I think he's safe. Has some upside but injuries have slowed him.
The potential for a good offense is here again, as the skill guys bring excitement.
I just wish we had a legit starting QB.
I'm not even talking a top notch starting QB, just a veteran who can read defenses, get the offensive players on the same page, and run the offense in a competent way for this season, and some of next until the rookie we draft (I hope) is ready to start sometime in 2027.
The lack of that is tempering my enthusiasm.
"Enthusiasms... enthusiasms.... enthusiasms" (Name tthat 80s classic movie)
I just wish we had a legit starting QB.
I'm not even talking a top notch starting QB, just a veteran who can read defenses, get the offensive players on the same page, and run the offense in a competent way for this season, and some of next until the rookie we draft (I hope) is ready to start sometime in 2027.
The lack of that is tempering my enthusiasm.
"Enthusiasms... enthusiasms.... enthusiasms" (Name tthat 80s classic movie)
-
-
-
-
-
-
I'm fuckin around.
I too hope for a competitive season. I do think that if Monken can squeeze out average QB play from either Watson or Sanders, the Browns will have a respectable season.
-
-
@gator said:
You'll get an October draft thread and like it!
I mean, we'll probably have three of the top 40 picks!
SEPTEMBER DRAFT THREAD! ?
-
@gator said:
You'll get an October draft thread and like it!
I mean, we'll probably have three of the top 40 picks!
SEPTEMBER DRAFT THREAD! ?
I mean, we'll probably have three of the top 40 picks!
SEPTEMBER DRAFT THREAD! ?
We might need one that early! ?
-
I mean, we'll probably have three of the top 40 picks!
SEPTEMBER DRAFT THREAD! ?
We might need one that early! ?
@gator said:
We might need one that early! ?
I love talking draft, I really do.
-
@gator said:
You'll get an October draft thread and like it!
I mean, we'll probably have three of the top 40 picks!
SEPTEMBER DRAFT THREAD! ?
I mean, we'll probably have three of the top 40 picks!
SEPTEMBER DRAFT THREAD! ?
Imma thinkin August might be a good time to start the draft thread from what I see today.
️? -
the defense is going to be exciting to watch.
-
V8's leadership - and Fano is awesome, still a rookie.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

