Skip to content

The Official Browns vs Bills Preseason Game 2 Thread

The Browns Board
35 10 370
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Almost forgot!

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Kick it off already dammit. Too much BS.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Time enough to start a campfire and roast marshmellows.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Restart in 13 minutes

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Nice drive and some good throws & reads by Sanders.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Mikey Hall, trimmed down, now getting reps on the edge 5-7tech. We lost Alex Wright, maybe this is how we try to replace that.

  • Mikey Hall, trimmed down, now getting reps on the edge 5-7tech. We lost Alex Wright, maybe this is how we try to replace that.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @tiamat63 said:

    Mikey Hall, trimmed down, now getting reps on the edge 5-7tech. We lost Alex Wright, maybe this is how we try to replace that.

    Looked pretty damn quick on that inside move & pressure.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Think he's going through progressions tia? Seems like it.

  • Think he's going through progressions tia? Seems like it.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @texasag1969 said:

    Think he's going through progressions tia? Seems like it.

    He is. So far, much sharper than last week. Also helps the Bills aren't doing the janky shit with their corners like the Bears did.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Recording the 2nd half. Committed to racquetball starting at halftime. Rain delay screwed things up.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Footwork. All starts with footwork.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    So after watching this competition for 2 games. They both are not good. 5 wins at best. That being said, just put Sanders in there. Maybe he can improve over the year. Watson is done. He almost looks like he doesnโ€™t care anymore.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I know itโ€™s only preseason, but this stat line will probably be the norm this year

    IMG_1037.png

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Just name the starting qb already, we have a decent young core of players and it is time to move forward so they can be developed. hopefully by monday they will make a decision.

  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I was probably in favor of Watson starting after last week. I think I am firmly with Sanders, for two reasons. First, I think he played better overall, Watson looks horrid, I get you are working with 3rd teamers etc so you should be balling out against 3rd teamers as well. It was terrible. I thought Sanders was better with the same cast last week then Watson was this week. Second, his answer to the question about the boos. First, I don't think we should be booing any players, and certainly not cheering when they get injured. That said, Watson's answer should have something like....Look I understand the situation, I can only control how I play and the only way I am going to fix that issue is to win ball games and I am doing everything I can do, to do that. Thats all he had to say. The way he handled the whole thing has been piss poor. Just ride Sanders and see if can be the guy so going into next season you know for sure one way or the other. I would just cut Watson at this point.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I don't know why the Browns play calling was trying to just run out the clock the last Sanders possession before the half. Totally backfired. Just f'n let him go for it, not just run the damn ball allowing them to preserve enough time to score on the Browns. Very disappointed in that series before half. Took the wind totally out of the team's sails. Let the kid try to do the 2 minute drill, not the two minute milktoast.

  • I don't know why the Browns play calling was trying to just run out the clock the last Sanders possession before the half. Totally backfired. Just f'n let him go for it, not just run the damn ball allowing them to preserve enough time to score on the Browns. Very disappointed in that series before half. Took the wind totally out of the team's sails. Let the kid try to do the 2 minute drill, not the two minute milktoast.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't know why the Browns play calling was trying to just run out the clock the last Sanders possession before the half. Totally backfired. Just f'n let him go for it, not just run the damn ball allowing them to preserve enough time to score on the Browns. Very disappointed in that series before half. Took the wind totally out of the team's sails. Let the kid try to do the 2 minute drill, not the two minute milktoast.

    OMG Fire him now

  • sydS syd

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't know why the Browns play calling was trying to just run out the clock the last Sanders possession before the half. Totally backfired. Just f'n let him go for it, not just run the damn ball allowing them to preserve enough time to score on the Browns. Very disappointed in that series before half. Took the wind totally out of the team's sails. Let the kid try to do the 2 minute drill, not the two minute milktoast.

    OMG Fire him now

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @syd said:

    OMG Fire him now

    Sophisticated Tanking.

  • @syd said:

    OMG Fire him now

    Sophisticated Tanking.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @browns149 said:

    Sophisticated Tanking.

    Tanking season doesn't start for two weeks.?

  • @browns149 said:

    Sophisticated Tanking.

    Tanking season doesn't start for two weeks.?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @texasag1969 said:

    Tanking season doesn't start for two weeks.?

    If we're paying attention to the sequel since 99 - quality tanking takes practice before it becomes a well perfected art. There's a lot of newbies this year that gotta learn this.

    As we speak, the current home stadium for the Browns hasn't hosted 1 playoff win by the Browns. It's getting too conceivable for comfort that it could go all 30 years without a Cleveland Browns' post season win there before they move to the new stadium being built mostly under-ground. I'm sure a lot of smart ass fans of division rivals can't wait to bust our chops with "Get this, the Browns are building a new stadium that will be easier than ever to bury when they perfect their "Sophisticated Tanking" again.."