Skip to content

What kind of dog do you own?

The Browns Board
81 44 5.2k
  • DrunkandstoopidD Drunkandstoopid wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Our German Shorthair died of old age 2 years ago. We might pick up another or a Boxer next year.

  • Our German Shorthair died of old age 2 years ago. We might pick up another or a Boxer next year.

    ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    Our German Shorthair died of old age 2 years ago. We might pick up another or a Boxer next year.

    I don't know if the owners never trained them or what, but every single boxer I've ever been around has been the absolute DUMBEST dog I've witnessed.

    I mean.. walk into walls dumb.

    Is it because they're so inbred?

  • @lodilobo said:

    Five wolves....2 are 100%......3 are hybrids. They eat a lot and aren't what you would want as a pet. I was involved in rescuing, but no longer do it. I'm getting too old to give them the attention they need, and my neighbors live in fear.

    I'm guessing my dog wouldn't get along with yours. As it original purpose was to hunt down and kill wolves.

    have your neighbors give me a call.

    j/k- they sound challenging.

    DrunkandstoopidD Drunkandstoopid wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @hammertime said:

    I'm guessing my dog wouldn't get along with yours. As it original purpose was to hunt down and kill wolves.

    have your neighbors give me a call.

    j/k- they sound challenging.

    what you got, a Kangal? I'm thinking they're more of a protective dog than a hunter though. They'll fight wolves to the death.

  • @drunkandstoopid said:

    Our German Shorthair died of old age 2 years ago. We might pick up another or a Boxer next year.

    I don't know if the owners never trained them or what, but every single boxer I've ever been around has been the absolute DUMBEST dog I've witnessed.

    I mean.. walk into walls dumb.

    Is it because they're so inbred?

    DrunkandstoopidD Drunkandstoopid wrote on last edited by
    #51

    AdaM said:

    I don't know if the owners never trained them or what, but every single boxer I've ever been around has been the absolute DUMBEST dog I've witnessed.

    I mean.. walk into walls dumb.

    Is it because they're so inbred?

    I'm not sure where they rank on dumbness. I've heard they're great with people as well as being socialble. Here's a list which agrees with some I've seen before, although I was surprised about the beagle being on there: http://doggies.com/blog/2008/06/20/dumbest-dogs/

  • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by Legacy Fan
    #52

    100 lb black lab, Bud. He really cramps the hell out of the Duckblind, but is the best dog I've ever owned. Great demeanor, & great around my kids. Can ruin your day if he needs to though.

    The dirt on his nose was from chasing a black racer snake into his hole. He got it.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #53

    16 year old Cocker Spaniel who is nearing the end...and we are going tomorrow morning to adopt a 10 month old Golden Retriever/German Shepherd mix...

  • D Dawgstucknpa wrote on last edited by
    #54

    I have a nine year old Pug-mix. He is not a Puggle, but looks like one. He is very neurotic. Wakes me in the middle of the night to piss on my garden and chase rabbits feeding on the clover.

  • F Farang wrote on last edited by
    #55

    Molson and Happy

  • plumcrazy73P plumcrazy73 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Great Dane, Black Lab mix GREAT dog, Long Haired Weiner Dog good dog 12 years old getting up there

  • N Nails wrote on last edited by
    #57

    I have a German Shepard that just turned 1 yesterday -

    His name is Colonel Klink.

    We just resued a mutt a couple months ago - looks like a boxer and a mastif....

    I really have no idea what she is - but she poops a lot

  • D Dawgstucknpa wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @planet-0range said:

    I have friends with Pugs and they tell me they are 80% stubborn and 20% asshole.

    That is close to the truth. They are 90% hog and 10% jerk

  • WVBrownsfanW WVBrownsfan wrote on last edited by
    #59

    We have a two year old Shetland Sheepdog named Dasher. The trophy he won was for best purebred at a contest the local animal shelter had for a fundraiser. It's more of a joke because it's actually a leftover dancing trophy a local dance school donated, but my wife still likes to call him our award winning dog. ๐Ÿ˜›

    xmas2008022.jpg

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #60

    85 lb Old English Sheepdog, probably also Airedale terrier.

    He was a stray at 5 months, had long legs and big feet, and was so smart, when I took him to puppy training,

    the instructor took me aside and said "you have a very, very special, super intelligent dog there. He has been learning

    all these tricks by watching the other dogs. He's amazing."

    His favorite toy was a soft vinyl Browns football.

    So, we named him Bernie Kosar.

    He's eight years old now. We lost out one very old kitty to diabetes after years of that..

    and some months later we got a new calico kitten from an old friend.

    When we brought her home, Bernie whined for her to be let out. Now, she's grown a little, but Bernie

    is her big brother. She runs up her cat tree, runs back down, runs over and boxes Bernie's nose, then scampers

    back up her tree.

    Bernie gets a silly look on his face like "what the heck? GGG", and watches.

    Once though, she took a flying leap off the couch, and landed on his tail, and nailed him a bit with ner claws.

    Then Bernie jumps up, wheels around, and barked at her.

    She disappeared out of the room, and a minute later, she ran back in and laid down in front of him. So,

    he laid back down, and she kept inching forward and gently touching his paws...

    Life is fun around here, and a wonderful pup is a very best friend.

  • M mario wrote on last edited by
    #61

    I have a 6 year old Sarplaninac. Not my dog pictured here, but looks very close. sarplaninac.jpg

  • K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #62

    This is the closest thing to a dog at my house. At least she's a Browns fan. Meow!

    DSC_0025.jpg

  • This is the closest thing to a dog at my house. At least she's a Browns fan. Meow!

    DSC_0025.jpg

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @kshutchins said:

    This is the closest thing to a dog at my house. At least she's a Browns fan. Meow!

    DSC_0025.jpg

    Great looking cat, but he is staring into my soul.

  • A airtron wrote on last edited by
    #64

    7 month old German Shepherd, Ozzy

    6E40b.jpg

  • H hiwaygal wrote on last edited by
    #65

    We have three dogs...it's what happens when you mix families (a la the Brady Bunch) LOL!!

    Daisy is our 10+ (we're not really sure) golden/setter mix. She's a great dog. Lots of hair.

    Buddy (red and white) is our 8 yr old basenji and Sally (brindle and white) is a 10 yr old basenji. I adopted them from a Basenji rescue. I've had basenji's for going on 20 years now. Interesting breed...barkless, short hair, little/no odor...but unbelievably smart.

    Here's a pic of all three:

    cheesetime.jpg

    and my favorite pic of Buddy:

    buddy_face_close.jpg

    I need to get some new pictures of them uploaded...but you get the idea!

  • razor1414R razor1414 wrote on last edited by
    #66

    l_11a82a056e76277ab026a4265d3281a0.jpg

    The legend

  • This is the closest thing to a dog at my house. At least she's a Browns fan. Meow!

    DSC_0025.jpg

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @kshutchins said:

    This is the closest thing to a dog at my house. At least she's a Browns fan. Meow!

    DSC_0025.jpg

    Kathy, nice looking pussy.