Opponant Adjusted Stats
-
Some of you remember the last couple of years I had the WPBDawgFan Rankings...with emphasis on opponent wins and losses to calculate out how a team was really ranked. Well, I got tired of that and have moved on to something a little more challenging. I just completed the offensive rankings. Below is the adjusted yards for each team.
The formula is this:
(Total Opponent Yards - Total Team Yards)/(Total Opponent Games - Total Team Games) x Team Average Yards
By doing this, it adjusts your yards to reflect how you are doing in comparison to other teams in the league against the same defenses. Anyway...it isn't flawless, but it IS interesting:
Rush Pass Total Ari 31.8 256.6 288.4 Atl 69.7 217.7 287.4 Bal 169.7 397.0 566.6 Buf 166.5 145.9 312.4 Car 79.8 155.1 234.9 Chi 37.6 336.7 374.4 Cin 147.3 190.4 337.7 Cle 67.8 110.6 178.4 Dal 252.0 356.3 608.3 Den 186.2 200.6 386.8 Det 122.4 164.9 287.3 GB 99.1 176.7 275.8 Hou 57.8 318.2 376.0 Ind 92.6 442.4 535.1 Jax 121.3 163.7 285.1 KC 95.1 123.8 218.9 Mia 214.5 105.0 319.5 Min 188.8 102.9 291.7 NE 102.3 406.8 509.1 NO 355.2 324.4 679.6 NYG 140.2 270.2 410.4 NYJ 150.9 138.2 289.1 Oak 90.2 65.2 155.4 Phi 113.3 346.2 459.5 Pit 80.7 313.3 393.9 SD 42.8 508.8 551.6 Sea 127.1 263.4 390.6 SF 125.1 117.7 242.8 StL 98.9 119.4 218.3 TB 55.8 193.7 249.5 Ten 213.8 193.1 406.9 Was 58.2 305.3 363.5
I am sure you can see we are the 2nd worst passing offense, and the 7th worst rushing offense. 2nd worst overall behind Oakland.
OUCH!!!
-
I am sure you can see we are the 2nd worst passing offense, and the 7th worst rushing offense. 2nd worst overall behind Oakland.
OUCH!!!
Nice work. But I think we all knew that we sucked. I am actually surprised that we are better than somone.
-
-
@danamal said:
John I really do respect your dedication to statistics and numbers but can you work on one where we dont suck so bad?Kinda like this
I have to say...that is one of the funniest scenes. Always loved it!!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login