Skip to content

McDonald BENCHED

The Browns Board
40 18 2.6k
  • So does this mean McDonald will be our nickle guy in the slot?

  • @.mz said:

    Out of the blue AND the replacement makes no rational sense.

    This is the kind of shit we need to start expecting from Mangini.

    I'm not talking QB here, BTW............

    Holy shit! you haven't even seen Adams at the corner yet. At least save your rant for Monday. You lose a lot of credibility when you do that crap. There are people wanting Cribbs over there and your gonna freak out over an actual DB lining up there?

  • Oh wait. I just read the entire story and its from the Plain Dealer and they credit "a source". Everyone relax. Adams might have lined up a few times at the corner in practice to work oon cover skills and they're declaring him the starter. Hold the enthusiasm until kickoff Sunday or Mangini says it.

  • The article said that francies was the nickle corner so i guess McDonald is BENCHED BENCHED..LMAO

  • He was our most consistent player on Defense.

    You could count on him to look like a FOOL every week.

  • @.mz said:

    Thanks for making my Adams-is-an-unknown-at-CB-while-we-have-other-corners-on-the-roster point for me.

    You're stupefyingly stupid.

    EDIT: aren't you the tard who thinks Mangini is doing a great job, using Coye Francies as our CB of the future argument as support? You make zero sense.

    i get that he is an unknown but to be against it before it happens isn't very rational considering what we have as DBs. Hence the "wait until Monday" comment.

    I guess if I did say that Francies was drafted to be our CB of the future I would be a tard. But I never said that. You have very impressive reading comprehension.

  • Are you serious?

    BMac is better than Wright

  • Maybe Mangini didn't take too well to that training ground bustup involving Francies. Wouldn't be the first time he went over the top with a punishment...

  • @.mz said:

    I have no choice but to "wait until Monday." Sunday, really, but who's counting?
    Seems like you think I'm the only one who thinks playing a safety at CB when there are other viable corners on the roster is weird. I doubt I am.

    I'm sure you'r not the only one but started to talk shit about Mangini like you know something he doesn't about his team. I guess it's a pet-peeve of mine when fans of bad teams can't determine the teams issues and so default to blaming the coaches. It just inaccurately over-simplifies the situation. And, when enough people think this way, I have to hear FIRE THE COACH everywhere I go instead of having an actual conversation about what's actually going on.

    Sweet Jesus. Then perhaps you can tell me what you meant by this...

    I guess that secondary is being built for the past, then. Not the future.

    We were talking about the draft and you think it was a complete disaster. All I was saying is that it was as good as it could have been when you take into consideration team needs, draft value, and draft quality. And so, we took a DB because we needed one, not because he's the second coming of Everson Walls. And still, I want to know how, by drafting the guys you wanted, we will be better in 3 years? Because I can almost gaurantee that if we would follow your model we would be neglecting other key team needs and never improve. Which, is what we have been doing up into this point. For example, if we followed your model and didn't draft WRs in the second round. Next year when Braylon is gone or even if he stays we would either be starting one or two rookies (ie; Kevin Johnson, Quincy Morgan) on the outsides or starting one or two scrap-heap FAs (ie;Furry and Patten). Then, we would still be looking for an offense and be right back where we started. But we would have some good young LBs who will be on the field way too long on Sundays getting burnt at the end of games and adding to our loss column. And so, a wasted draft and another bad year. At least now we have two guys with loads of potential getting acclimated to the league and the system therefore will be ready on day 1 of next year. Or maybe even by the middle of this year. And that, by definition, is drafting for the future.

    I get the impression that when somebody has a different opinion than you and it actually makes sense, you get angry instead of mulling it over and coming to a conclusion.

  • didn't see that one coming.

    why Adams and not Coye Francies

    @lumbergh said:

    didn't see that one coming.

    why Adams and not Coye Francies

    Yeah good question adams cant cut it as a starting cb why not give francies the shot of a lifetime?

    Manfooli has done it again he just keeps showing us his football savvy and resolve we will loose this game the jerk has got to be fired!

  • Are you serious?

    BMac is better than Wright

    @playgroundlegend said:

    Are you serious?

    BMac is better than Wright

    are you on crack?

  • If a guy is not performing you bench him.. it does not mean he will never see the field again.. I stil think he can be pretty good. As for the replacement.. I gotta trust the guys that actually watch practice every day instead of the guys who start at computer screens and tv's like us.

  • Guess I wasn't the only one who thought he sucked last week. Seems like someone called me out for a better description other than he sucked. Maybe he is injured but he did not look good last week

  • I guess Mangini is hoping to recreate the 2007 Bungles game magic. The rationale being that if Carson Palmer heaves 6 TDs all over Mike Adams dumb face, then Derek Aneurysm has no choice but to at least throw 5, right?

    Go skate into an AIDS tree, Mangini.

  • lets hope it brings at least some physicality to the 2nd corner position on this team. obv. he puts him there for a reason, lets see how he and DA does before we flame at Mangini any more.

  • B-Mac is a nber, even I know that. Who knows what are who replaces him, but he still isn't starting. The inability of people to "get it" amazes me. They just whine and cry.

    Savageites facing reality isn't nice.

  • Adams is one of the most underrated players on the Browns....good to see him getting a shot.

    I spent quite a few days watching the db's at training camp and he impressed me more than anyone.. just my 2 cents.

  • @shepwrite said:

    McDonald has been burnt toast all year. Really dreadful. Same thing happened last year and then he came back strong. But he's a ways from his rookie year now and should be on an ascent, not the other way around.

    God, we suck. Players I still like: Abe Elam, Kam Wimbley, D'Qwell Jackson (not as much as last year), and Jerome Harrison. I'm sick of hearing how great our nose tackle is, given that we can't stop the run.

    Rodgers can't make every tackle by himself, especially when he's double teamed. Wanna know what blows? DE, and our OLBs. Wimbley ain't exactly been reminding me of Chip Banks lately. Jackson? Sheeze, it's been so long the Browns have had a decent ILB, I'm afraid you forgot what one looks like. Where's Michael Dean Perry when you need him?

  • didn't see that one coming.

    why Adams and not Coye Francies

    @lumbergh said:

    didn't see that one coming.

    why Adams and not Coye Francies

    First sensible thing you've come up with in a long time. Adams will get toasted by Chris Henry. The guy is not a CB.

    Mangini may set a record for shortest tenure as a Browns Head coach. A 30 point blowout by Da Bungles (I'm predicting it) may land him on the unemployment line come Monday.

  • @.mz said:

    Blargh. Your logic is very hard to follow. And it isn't because I'm slow...it's because you're all over the map.

    We took Kevin Johnson AND Quincy Morgan in the second round this year, instead of waiting for this coming draft (hey, foresight counts!) and selecting from the talent-rich pool we'd have available to us then. That's a blunder. We passed on any number of solid O-linemen and LB's for those two guys and also to take a chance on a LB Mangini "feels" he can convert (Veikune)...essentially a round 2 project. Since you are crediting him with all of the personnel decisions in NY, how did his "conversion" of Gholston go? Fcuking Robiskie doesn't even DRESS, let alone play...

    Again, I UNDERSTAND WHAT DRAFTING FOR THE FUTURE IS. But wouldn't you like to see SOME impact from those round two guys year one? Isn't that what gives you a modicum of insight into what they'll have to offer with more seasoning???

    Nah.

    Only when they make no sense...

    I would like to see some impact from all of our draft picks but I also understand how all of this works and so I may be a little more patient than you with rookies. And we could have waited until next year to draft WRs but doing it this way, we will have two ready to go on opening day of next year, without having to overpay for a 1st round WR project. And we'll have draft picks for other areas of need. Look, Braylon is 99% gone next year. Would you really want to see two rookie WRs on the outside or don't you think you'll feel better seeing two 2nd year guys out there and a shiny new rookie or two starting on defense?

    Also, I know that if this were my team, I wouldn't want to have a bunch of rookies on the field with a bunch of bad players that are learning an entirely new system for the first time. You wait until EVERYBODY is ready for rookies to step in. It's not like a video game man. Rookies can't step into a bad team and save the day. You must wait until the system is in place and everybody is on the same page or else you're just wasting everybody's time. You start rookies too soon when you want to win RIGHT NOW. And you know what? When you make that move, you win never.

    Dude, we're all pissed about what is on the field right now but you have to keep it in perspective. Second guessing EVERY move is just frustration turned nay-saying. It really hase no base. I guess I just don't like everybody jumping ship and out to lynch the new regime WAAAY to prematurely. Again, this is what rebuilding looks like.