2010 Mocks
-
I will say this once (maybe more if needed)
Colt Mccoy IS Charlie Frye
Their Playing Styles Are Identical
Mccoy has a worse arm than Frye but is a bit quicker
He has the same ballsiness that Frye has, but a more accurate arm, but less arm strength. Cant take that guy. He'll run out of the pocket every other play in the NFL
-
@Alo
If you think Colt McCoy will be around in the 2nd round you are delusional.
Sobo's got him as an early 2nd round pick; Scott Wright has him going to the Vikings at #29; Walter has him going to the Broncos at #19 but says he shouldn't be a 1st round pick.
If I'm delusional, it must be contagious, 'cuz a lot of people seem to have caught it.
I'm trying to keep an open mind on McCoy. But like a lot of people, I have concerns about his arm strength and size (he fumbled five times last year). His decision-making has also been suspect this year, resulting in five picks through four games, including two in his only non-cupcake matchup.
Ultimately, McCoy's stock will rise or fall based on how he looks at the Senior Bowl. And it'll be a very exciting week, given the deep crop of borderline starting QB's: Pike, McCoy, Tebow, even Jarrett Brown and Dan Lefevour.
-
-
Because of his run first mentality and weak arm
-
suns said:
Colt mccoy..How did he drop to the 2nd round?I don't think his stock has actually shifted all that much.
Think of it this way: had McCoy declared for the '09 draft, how high would he have been picked? He wouldn't have gone before Stafford and Sanchez. Tampa likely still would have taken Freeman, so Minnesota could have been his only hope of getting picked in the 1st round. Absent an excellent pro day, he likely would have been a 2nd round pick.
People were projecting him to be early 1st round pick in next year's draft because the class was said to be short on elite QB's, not because - like Sam Bradford - he could have been a top ten pick in '09. But since then, Locker, Clausen, and Pike have played very well, while McCoy hasn't done much.
His stock very well could surge, but I could just as easily see him being the 4th or 5th QB taken next April.
-
I will say this once (maybe more if needed)
Colt Mccoy IS Charlie Frye
Their Playing Styles Are Identical
Mccoy has a worse arm than Frye but is a bit quicker
He has the same ballsiness that Frye has, but a more accurate arm, but less arm strength. Cant take that guy. He'll run out of the pocket every other play in the NFL
I will say this once (maybe more if needed)
Colt Mccoy IS Charlie Frye
Their Playing Styles Are Identical
Mccoy has a worse arm than Frye but is a bit quicker
He has the same ballsiness that Frye has, but a more accurate arm, but less arm strength. Cant take that guy. He'll run out of the pocket every other play in the NFL
No offense dude, but you are also the guy that thinks BQ is an amazing QB. Oh, and Colt McCoy plays for Texas. Charlie Frye played for the Akron f'cking Zips. I think there is a little difference in the average level of play between those two programs.
-
-
-
If we have to draft a quarterback I am going to want Locker. He is raw, but I've liked him since I first saw him his freshman year. With him improving week by week this year, I am getting to the point where I will have to go see a doctor -- it has lasted longer than four hours. The guy has a cannon, runs a 4.5 and has been making good decisions.
My 2010 wants if we need a Qb:
rd 1: QB
rd 2: RT/Pass rusher
rd 3: Pass Rusher/ Right Tackle
-
-
@shepwrite said:
Wow. Clausen sure looks good to me. What are you guys seeing?His numbers are sick. I just love the way DA starts, loses a game, is named the saviour, and another domer comes ripping into the picture.
The timing is fab. You can't make this stuff up.
-
I'm "trying" to say that I don't want the Browns to draft Jimmy Claussen (?)
Sorry for the ambiguity.
-
Another Domer comes into the picture...after Quinn is traded in April
Let me guess. The Browns end up 3-13 take Clausen and everybody expect him to be the starter. Anderson's bonus is picked up which divides Browns nation(the smart fans know it shouldn't be picked up). Clausen holds out which costs him from starting right away, Anderson starts the season and thanks to a weak schedule, starts 7-4, but miss the playoffs as they blow it against the Bengals as Anderson throws 4 picks and finish 10-6, losing a tie breaker with Pittsburgh which Anderson went 13-37 passing during the last game they played. DA puts up a 84QB rating but faded during the year.
So we go into the offseason, everybody expects Anderson to be gone, but wala, Mankok resign him to a extension and says there will be a QB competition between Anderson and Clausen plus they are comfortable with whoever starts.
Browns football, the gift that keeps on giving.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
