Skip to content

Chansi Stuckey

The Browns Board
32 21 4.3k
  • im just hoping Massaquoi is as good as he looked Sunday, or we're without a serious threat at receiver.

    @samoth said:

    im just hoping Massaquoi is as good as he looked Sunday, or we're without a serious threat at receiver.

    He will not be as good considering Braylon is not on the team anymore. If he is the #1 he will more than likely get shutout.

  • From what i have read in the Jets Forum - They are not too high on Stuckey - he was problem with the physical presence and has trouble running routes. They are more sad to see the special teams guy leave than Stuckey. Glad to know about that so that I wont have hyper expectations for Stuckey.

  • @oconrecon said:

    I posted this on another thread, but just heard a NY reporter saying they were not happy with his inability to stretch the field enough. I still like the deal.

    This is true he can't stretch the field constantly but we already have that guy in Mo Mass. I think that's what he was brought in to do. What Stucky does do is CATCH. He's the prototypical #2 WR. I love this move. also.

    @mopaji said:

    This is true he can't stretch the field constantly but we already have that guy in Mo Mass. I think that's what he was brought in to do. What Stucky does do is CATCH. He's the prototypical #2 WR. I love this move. also.

    Receivers who catch. Right. That's the ticket.

    Let's just hope DA doesn't do him the discourtesy of hitting him in the face with a ball on a square out. 🙄

  • I can hear it now

    "Sanchez finds Edwards wide open over the top and......oh it fell right between his hands! Pass incomplete, 4th down coming up."

    "New Browns wideout Chancy Stuckey was relatively ineffective in his browns debut catching 2 balls for 12 yards with one drop"

  • . .mz
    could be better then BE

    Stuckey'll be fine in the slot, but we're not really feeding ourselves this line of bullshit, are we?

    Edwards did have 1300 yards and 16 TD's in 2007. Stuckey might not reach those numbers for his career.

    @.mz said:

    Edwards did have 1300 yards and 16 TD's in 2007. Stuckey might not reach those numbers for his career.

    And 17 drops.

  • @samoth said:

    im just hoping Massaquoi is as good as he looked Sunday, or we're without a serious threat at receiver.

    He will not be as good considering Braylon is not on the team anymore. If he is the #1 he will more than likely get shutout.

    @car-ramrod said:

    He will not be as good considering Braylon is not on the team anymore. If he is the #1 he will more than likely get shutout.

    Braylon helped but Mo caught some balls with a safety over the top so I don't think he'll have trouble with safety help. I saw the kid take a shot in preseason on a slant and hung onto it. Also, one of his catches last week was between a corner and a fast approaching safety. He made the catch first, and then ducked. The kid is tough and he has great hands. He'll be fine. He has a number 1 WR's build and skill set. He was drafted to be the guy. I was just hoping it wouldn't be this soon. But oh well, they did what they had to do. But MM wil be fine.

  • . .mz
    could be better then BE

    Stuckey'll be fine in the slot, but we're not really feeding ourselves this line of bullshit, are we?

    Edwards did have 1300 yards and 16 TD's in 2007. Stuckey might not reach those numbers for his career.

    @.mz said:

    Stuckey'll be fine in the slot, but we're not really feeding ourselves this line of bullshit, are we?

    Edwards did have 1300 yards and 16 TD's in 2007. Stuckey might not reach those numbers for his career.

    He may not be better than BE in Madden but for this team he's a better fit. He'll get his 60 catches and 5 TDs every year. 43 of those catches being for first downs with about an 8yd average. That's all he he needs to do here.

  • From what i have read in the Jets Forum - They are not too high on Stuckey - he was problem with the physical presence and has trouble running routes. They are more sad to see the special teams guy leave than Stuckey. Glad to know about that so that I wont have hyper expectations for Stuckey.

    @brownindian said:

    From what i have read in the Jets Forum - They are not too high on Stuckey - he was problem with the physical presence and has trouble running routes. They are more sad to see the special teams guy leave than Stuckey. Glad to know about that so that I wont have hyper expectations for Stuckey.

    and they were talking about how Stuckey drops easy passes!

  • Anderson threw for over 250 yards his first game this season without Winslow, and he can do it again without BE.

  • Anderson threw for over 250 yards his first game this season without Winslow, and he can do it again without BE.

    @vegasdogg said:

    Anderson threw for over 250 yards his first game this season without Winslow,

    Didn't he do that agaisnt the GMen last year?

  • I like this trade! I woulda rather had Clowney, but with the addition of the ST guy and the picks this was an excelent trade for a guy that was gone anyway and his been nothing but underproductive and a major distraction for almost 2 seasons now. Good Trade!

    Doug

  • Yes, he did. However 150 of his 300+ yards went to BE. haha.

    That game was awesome!

  • @.mz said:

    Stuckey'll be fine in the slot, but we're not really feeding ourselves this line of bullshit, are we?

    Edwards did have 1300 yards and 16 TD's in 2007. Stuckey might not reach those numbers for his career.

    He may not be better than BE in Madden but for this team he's a better fit. He'll get his 60 catches and 5 TDs every year. 43 of those catches being for first downs with about an 8yd average. That's all he he needs to do here.

    @mopaji said:

    He may not be better than BE in Madden but for this team he's a better fit. He'll get his 60 catches and 5 TDs every year. 43 of those catches being for first downs with about an 8yd average. That's all he he needs to do here.

    He's not a better fit per se because he isn't replacing Edwards, he's presumably replacing Furrey (in a related topic, maybe Furrey will go back to safety full-time now????). I understand the difference between Madden and real football, mo. I'm just not sure that Stuckey replaces Edwards in any significant way. We are noow counting on two rookies to be our outside threats, one of which (Robiskie) may or not be an NFL receiver.

    And that's all you expect from Stuckey?? JUST 43 first downs???????? Not 100? Funny....

  • From what i have read in the Jets Forum - They are not too high on Stuckey - he was problem with the physical presence and has trouble running routes. They are more sad to see the special teams guy leave than Stuckey. Glad to know about that so that I wont have hyper expectations for Stuckey.

    @brownindian said:

    From what i have read in the Jets Forum - They are not too high on Stuckey - he was problem with the physical presence and has trouble running routes. They are more sad to see the special teams guy leave than Stuckey. Glad to know about that so that I wont have hyper expectations for Stuckey.

    Bet the jet fans are excited about getting BE and watching sanchez's passer rating drop through the floor....muhahahaha!

    I think stuckey is what this team needs desperately he is fast ,has fast response ,has some moves and good hands however at 6' i really hope mangini doesnt try to replace edwards with stuckey..MoMass would likely be more effective at the slot 1 inexperienced or not..😉

    Now that BE is in NY he will probably catch everything within a mile of him...hehehehe 😉

    As far as who got the best of the deal...it depends on if BE produces for the jets or if stuckey produces for us and what mankok does with the 3rd & 5th round picks and from what ive seen i tend to think we already got the better end of the stick with stuckey because edwards was close to useless here at least stuckey likely will produce with quick pops over the middle...😉

    Edwards should be happy in NYC but he is a bitch so he wont be long...

  • I like Stuckey, I like him a lot.

    Former QB, excellent feet, and incredible hands on short routes. Will be a very interesting short route runner for DA taking people away from Masso. I'm excited for this.

  • I like that we got something..he did not seem to work out here. he will be a free agent at years end and may be gone from NY anyway unless he really turns it on.. even then they may not be able to keep him. So that we get 2 players and 2 potential players.. not bad.. Stuckey was a 7th rounder and is mediocre at best.. We will likely have Momass as the 1, Furrey in the 2 spot and get Robiske involved as the 3.. I like that the rooks will get on the field.. we need to get them some seasoning for the future...Oh this just in... Cribbs is not a reciever.