Skip to content

DA can scratch KC off of his Wish List.

The Browns Board
38 15 2.5k
  • M Mr. Broken wrote on last edited by
    #24

    If I were looking to ship DA for the best deal, I would go to the worst deal maker in the league, send him to the Black Hole to talk to Mr. Davis.

  • plumcrazy73P plumcrazy73 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    ok but you have SF who I think will be in the market for a QB, possible Seahawks too! Along with the Rams maybe, Min, and I think KC is still going to seriously think about it. MIA would not suprise me to see them still looking too. THe Lions and the Cardinal too. Tampa loves QB's.

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Jabar Gaffney's stats from Thursday night: 7 catches, 86 yards, 1 TD.

    Like I said, dude may not be a world-beater, but he's capable of being an effective third option in the passing game.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Was DA holding the clipboard at the wrong angle on Thursday and this caused the Browns offense to go unresponsive when they needed points to win?

    You are going to become very boring very quickly if you dont think of something else to talk about.

    Besides the other upside to Browns now having a winning quarterback is that this board will quickly shed all the DA hating one trick ponies.

    I stated something very positive about DA, which you overlooked because you like to agrue. I think he could do well in Min with the type of team they have, he couldnt do well in Cleveland because we dont have that top in RB or the shut down defense needed for a qb like DA to do well. I think he is a nice guy and I dont want him to fail, I just dont want him to take the Browns down with him with his one dimensional style of play.

    Alright well thats point well taken.

    But if you trade him tomorrow who is your backup? Dorsey?

    T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @orangenotbrown said:

    I stated something very positive about DA, which you overlooked because you like to agrue. I think he could do well in Min with the type of team they have, he couldnt do well in Cleveland because we dont have that top in RB or the shut down defense needed for a qb like DA to do well. I think he is a nice guy and I dont want him to fail, I just dont want him to take the Browns down with him with his one dimensional style of play.

    Alright well thats point well taken.

    But if you trade him tomorrow who is your backup? Dorsey?

    Isn't Joey Harrington and Jamarcus Russell, err, Donte Culpepper out there floating around?

    Really though, best bet is to keep both for now. Quinn might go down and DA will light it up against an easy opponent and we'll want to keep him again.

  • Anyone watching a smart, poised, patient Tyler Thigpen playing very well against the Chargers? And this is with zero running game to speak of.

    MIN or bust????? MIA isn't giving anything up with Henne still waiting to take his turn. Any other possible suitors?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #28

    mz. said:

    Anyone watching a smart, poised, patient Tyler Thigpen playing very well against the Chargers? And this is with zero running game to speak of.

    MIN or bust????? MIA isn't giving anything up with Henne still waiting to take his turn. Any other possible suitors?

    All I can see is Detroit if there's a franchise willing to call that a starting QB. He's a backup for any franchise but Detroit.

    Quinn AND Dorsey would have won 10 games in 2007. We didn't even REQUIRE a QB the last time we played buffalo. All we needed was someone to volunteer to handoff and throw every pass out of bounds as the 2 point Safety became the game winning score.

    - Tom F.

  • @orangenotbrown said:

    I stated something very positive about DA, which you overlooked because you like to agrue. I think he could do well in Min with the type of team they have, he couldnt do well in Cleveland because we dont have that top in RB or the shut down defense needed for a qb like DA to do well. I think he is a nice guy and I dont want him to fail, I just dont want him to take the Browns down with him with his one dimensional style of play.

    Alright well thats point well taken.

    But if you trade him tomorrow who is your backup? Dorsey?

    Isn't Joey Harrington and Jamarcus Russell, err, Donte Culpepper out there floating around?

    Really though, best bet is to keep both for now. Quinn might go down and DA will light it up against an easy opponent and we'll want to keep him again.

    Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by Legacy Fan
    #29

    @tobalaz said:

    .. and DA will light it up against an easy opponent and we'll want to keep him again...

    Are there any of those left on our schedule?? 😍

  • @tobalaz said:

    .. and DA will light it up against an easy opponent and we'll want to keep him again...

    Are there any of those left on our schedule?? 😍

    T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @legacy-fan said:

    Are there any of those left on our schedule?? πŸ˜’

    We still play Cincy one more time right?

  • Literally or figuratively?

    The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #31

    mz. said:

    Literally or figuratively?

    πŸ˜†

  • The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #32

    DA will face unemployment in two months' time.

  • H Herman M wrote on last edited by
    #33

    HE WILL GO TO SEATTLE OR MINN.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Was this thread about DA?

    Opps, must have missed it among all those other topics about the team.

  • Was this thread about DA?

    Opps, must have missed it among all those other topics about the team.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @atenears said:

    Was this thread about DA?

    Opps, must have missed it among all those other topics about the team.

    Dude, you miss the point. You say no one is talking about other areas of the team (and you have been saying it since CLE announced DA's benching). Why don't you go put one of these responses in those threads. You can start with the list of threads JADBF already gave you.

  • ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @jadbf said:

    Oh he got the point...he just chooses to ignore it.

    And gee....you'd think a guy so busy with running this site wouldn't have the time to stoop to my childish level.....

    I was gonna say that.......

  • ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @jadbf said:

    Ahh but that is one thing I do like about Stan...he's not affraid to wallow in the muck.

    That's why when he decides to post, he goes right to the QB debate threads. Cause that's usually where the muck is.

  • Jabar Gaffney's stats from Thursday night: 7 catches, 86 yards, 1 TD.

    Like I said, dude may not be a world-beater, but he's capable of being an effective third option in the passing game.

    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Aloysius said:

    Jabar Gaffney's stats from Thursday night: 7 catches, 86 yards, 1 TD.

    Like I said, dude may not be a world-beater, but he's capable of being an effective third option in the passing game.

    Today, Gaffney had 5 catches for 88 yards.

    He could be a cheap FA option this offseason - could play slot if Joe J can't come back.