Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Alex Mack

Alex Mack

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
31 Posts 22 Posters 2.5k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Sez.EJ S
    • 859 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Just saying.. Mack is really coming on each game.. I CAN NOT WAIT.. to see how he works against Casey Hampton... It is the guys like Hampton and Ngata from Baltimore is the reason we drafted him. Hampton will still likely get the better of him in "THIS" game.. but I am guessing by the time we play them later in the season..the tide will have turned..

    Nice draft pick..He and Thomas will be the core of this line for years.. Now for a decent or better LT this offseason and we will be a force..

    C 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
      • 4k Posts
      • 139 Reputation
      ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Great thread topic, this is what I came to the forum last night to talk about, it's what I discussed at the water cooler in the office all day.

      Did you see him pulling and leading Cribbs around the corner? just awesome.

      He's looking good and it is these little things that really have me excited about a few things regarding this rebuilding year.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • S Sez.EJ

        Just saying.. Mack is really coming on each game.. I CAN NOT WAIT.. to see how he works against Casey Hampton... It is the guys like Hampton and Ngata from Baltimore is the reason we drafted him. Hampton will still likely get the better of him in "THIS" game.. but I am guessing by the time we play them later in the season..the tide will have turned..

        Nice draft pick..He and Thomas will be the core of this line for years.. Now for a decent or better LT this offseason and we will be a force..

        car ramrod C
        • 363 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        C car ramrod wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @sez.ej said:

        Just saying.. Mack is really coming on each game.. I CAN NOT WAIT.. to see how he works against Casey Hampton... It is the guys like Hampton and Ngata from Baltimore is the reason we drafted him. Hampton will still likely get the better of him in "THIS" game.. but I am guessing by the time we play them later in the season..the tide will have turned..

        Nice draft pick..He and Thomas will be the core of this line for years.. Now for a decent or better LT this offseason and we will be a force..

        Absolutely agree 100%. He is going to be a stud for us. He has gotten better with every snap from training camp on. I have to be honest, in training camp I said WTF did we pick this chump for? But having to go against S. Rogers every practice has really paid off for him. Throw in that he is smart and wants to be good and you have yourself a very good player.

        Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • RestinPeace R
          • 526 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          R RestinPeace wrote on last edited by RestinPeace
          #4

          So far the Mack and MMass picks are looking good from a money saved(Mack)/value(MMass) standpoint. The Robiskie one bad. The Veikune pick is probably better to evaluate in coming years much like Teddy Bruschi(who he was compared too).

          The biggest busts may be the 6th round picks.

          N 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Earl34 E
            • 1k Posts
            • 11 Reputation
            E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @inspecta said:

            From Mack to Thomas we are super solid, and now that Mangini (one of his few brilliant moves) put Fraley in at guard you can see St. Clair's game elevated significantly. Offensive line is one of those weird units where the play of the guy next to you impacts how you play your position.

            Stole my thunder....Fraley to RG was what I was hoping for. He's like a teacher on the field for Mack. I met Mack this summer and I will tell you he is one smart kid and he seems like a great guy. I would go so far as to say the Mike Adams move has worked out fantastically as well.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 9k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Thanks for bringing that up EJ...the guy is starting to show what is in store...and it is good.

              If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
              C 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • ballpeenB ballpeen

                Thanks for bringing that up EJ...the guy is starting to show what is in store...and it is good.

                car ramrod C
                • 363 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                C car ramrod wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @ballpeen said:

                Thanks for bringing that up EJ...the guy is starting to show what is in store...and it is good.

                You got that right. When we drafted him I lost my mind saying WTF are we doing............ But he will be a good one for a long time. I'm excited about this pick. Next years draft is so huge for our franchise. We can NOT fukc this draft up.

                ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • DeadWombat D
                  • 345 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  D DeadWombat wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I agree with whats been said so far. Mack has looked real good. I LOVED that play when he pulled out and left on that sweep with Cribbs. Good stuff! He took a while to get a firm foot-hold on his position, but man, I hope he just continues to get better.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Gips GipsG
                    • 3k Posts
                    • 34 Reputation
                    GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    No doubt mack is coming into his own and frailee is a very good RG for as long as he lasts..😉

                    We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • OconRecon OconReconO Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 2 Reputation
                      OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      God I love lineman threads. Kudos.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Squintz S
                        • 508 Posts
                        • 5 Reputation
                        S Squintz wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Now if he can just snap into the shotgun!!!!

                        CHANGE IS GOOD
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                          • 64k Posts
                          • 8k Reputation
                          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Don't underestimate how hard it is for a rookie CENTER to come in

                          and take over. I don't remember another, fwiw, to do it.

                          Mack doesn't seem to be struggling - he's dominating like Joe Thomas is.

                          Very cool.

                          During the game tonight, they said the Jets have arguably the best offensive line in the NFL.

                          Big thanks to Mangini for that.

                          BrownB499B 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • DaBrowns41 D
                            • 108 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            D DaBrowns41 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Imagine how great this OL could be if we can get an effective RG and RT?

                            Fraley filled in great, but he's obviously not the future at the position. Mack made great strides, and he's showing me that we may not have effed that pick up.

                            I'm loving a line that starts with JT, Steinbach, and Mack.

                            http://dabrowns41.blogspot.com Browns and Draft talk. Enjoy!
                            R D 2 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • D DaBrowns41

                              Imagine how great this OL could be if we can get an effective RG and RT?

                              Fraley filled in great, but he's obviously not the future at the position. Mack made great strides, and he's showing me that we may not have effed that pick up.

                              I'm loving a line that starts with JT, Steinbach, and Mack.

                              RestinPeace R
                              • 526 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              R RestinPeace wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @dabrowns41 said:

                              Imagine how great this OL could be if we can get an effective RG and RT?

                              Fraley filled in great, but he's obviously not the future at the position. Mack made great strides, and he's showing me that we may not have effed that pick up.

                              I'm loving a line that starts with JT, Steinbach, and Mack.

                              Steinbach has no future here either. Overpaid, subpar run blocker. Got slammed down by the Ravens.

                              D 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • R RestinPeace

                                @dabrowns41 said:

                                Imagine how great this OL could be if we can get an effective RG and RT?

                                Fraley filled in great, but he's obviously not the future at the position. Mack made great strides, and he's showing me that we may not have effed that pick up.

                                I'm loving a line that starts with JT, Steinbach, and Mack.

                                Steinbach has no future here either. Overpaid, subpar run blocker. Got slammed down by the Ravens.

                                DaBrowns41 D
                                • 108 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                D DaBrowns41 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @restinpeace said:

                                Steinbach has no future here either. Overpaid, subpar run blocker. Got slammed down by the Ravens.

                                He's a fantastic pass blocker, however, especially next to JT.

                                http://dabrowns41.blogspot.com Browns and Draft talk. Enjoy!
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • C car ramrod

                                  @ballpeen said:

                                  Thanks for bringing that up EJ...the guy is starting to show what is in store...and it is good.

                                  You got that right. When we drafted him I lost my mind saying WTF are we doing............ But he will be a good one for a long time. I'm excited about this pick. Next years draft is so huge for our franchise. We can NOT fukc this draft up.

                                  ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 9k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
                                  #16

                                  @car-ramrod said:

                                  You got that right. When we drafted him I lost my mind saying WTF are we doing............ But he will be a good one for a long time. I'm excited about this pick. Next years draft is so huge for our franchise. We can NOT fukc this draft up.

                                  For all the heat Mangini takes, I think he knows good football players and which kind he wants to fit in to our mold.

                                  I don't think he is going to make many poor selections when picking players ( note that there is always a failure rate all coaches deal with so we can't be unrealistic)

                                  I have a feeling the extra picks we have for next year are going to go a long way towards setting our foundation.

                                  So far Mack and MoMass look to be real nice picks and I can't help but think both Robo and Vinuke are going to be at least good players.

                                  I think our drafting under mangini is going to be solid on a consistent basis.

                                  If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • mopaji mopajiM
                                    • 1k Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Veikune is a mystery still. First, he has to adjust to the NFL and then he has to adjust to playing a 3-4. That is not easy. If he gets significant playing time this year without and injury in front of him, I'll be shocked.

                                    You should have been here 2 weeks ago when people on here were ripping Mangini apart and calling for his termination over his terrible draft and Mack being a bust. Of course, I was called names for suggesting that we all calm down and let the center develope. But whatever, I'm just a DA loving "tard" Who "doesn't have any more inside information on the Browns than anyone else" so what do I know. Besides, Mangini didn't make personell decisions in NY it was clearly their GM.

                                    If the player isn't really fast, or if it's not a turnover or a TD; than I have no clue what goes on in a football game. I'm not that much unlike a lot of other members on here though really.

                                    "Chances are, if you think Jay Leno is funny, I don't care for you as a person" - Peter Griffin
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • C car ramrod

                                      @sez.ej said:

                                      Just saying.. Mack is really coming on each game.. I CAN NOT WAIT.. to see how he works against Casey Hampton... It is the guys like Hampton and Ngata from Baltimore is the reason we drafted him. Hampton will still likely get the better of him in "THIS" game.. but I am guessing by the time we play them later in the season..the tide will have turned..

                                      Nice draft pick..He and Thomas will be the core of this line for years.. Now for a decent or better LT this offseason and we will be a force..

                                      Absolutely agree 100%. He is going to be a stud for us. He has gotten better with every snap from training camp on. I have to be honest, in training camp I said WTF did we pick this chump for? But having to go against S. Rogers every practice has really paid off for him. Throw in that he is smart and wants to be good and you have yourself a very good player.

                                      Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                                      • 6k Posts
                                      • 221 Reputation
                                      Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @car-ramrod said:

                                      Absolutely agree 100%. He is going to be a stud for us. He has gotten better with every snap from training camp on. I have to be honest, in training camp I said WTF did we pick this chump for? But having to go against S. Rogers every practice has really paid off for him. Throw in that he is smart and wants to be good and you have yourself a very good player.

                                      And you know Mangini is going to. He did it in NY. I like it, it's Mangenius.

                                      Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      ❤
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Greythan G
                                        • 563 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        G Greythan wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Get off your high horse Mop.

                                        This board has its share of inciters who don't seem to care about the game. However, there are a ton of real football fans here who are students and most of them are quite happy with Mack. You aren't the lone shining light of football wisdom. Hate to break it to you.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • CardDawg ?
                                          • Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          ? CardDawg wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Just key on Mack during the games, you will be impressed

                                          R 1 Reply Last reply
                                          ❤
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate