Alex Mack
-
So far the Mack and MMass picks are looking good from a money saved(Mack)/value(MMass) standpoint. The Robiskie one bad. The Veikune pick is probably better to evaluate in coming years much like Teddy Bruschi(who he was compared too).
The biggest busts may be the 6th round picks.
-
@inspecta said:
From Mack to Thomas we are super solid, and now that Mangini (one of his few brilliant moves) put Fraley in at guard you can see St. Clair's game elevated significantly. Offensive line is one of those weird units where the play of the guy next to you impacts how you play your position.Stole my thunder....Fraley to RG was what I was hoping for. He's like a teacher on the field for Mack. I met Mack this summer and I will tell you he is one smart kid and he seems like a great guy. I would go so far as to say the Mike Adams move has worked out fantastically as well.
-
Thanks for bringing that up EJ...the guy is starting to show what is in store...and it is good.
-
Thanks for bringing that up EJ...the guy is starting to show what is in store...and it is good.
Thanks for bringing that up EJ...the guy is starting to show what is in store...and it is good.
You got that right. When we drafted him I lost my mind saying WTF are we doing............ But he will be a good one for a long time. I'm excited about this pick. Next years draft is so huge for our franchise. We can NOT fukc this draft up.
-
I agree with whats been said so far. Mack has looked real good. I LOVED that play when he pulled out and left on that sweep with Cribbs. Good stuff! He took a while to get a firm foot-hold on his position, but man, I hope he just continues to get better.
-
God I love lineman threads. Kudos.
-
Don't underestimate how hard it is for a rookie CENTER to come in
and take over. I don't remember another, fwiw, to do it.
Mack doesn't seem to be struggling - he's dominating like Joe Thomas is.
Very cool.
During the game tonight, they said the Jets have arguably the best offensive line in the NFL.
Big thanks to Mangini for that.
-
Imagine how great this OL could be if we can get an effective RG and RT?
Fraley filled in great, but he's obviously not the future at the position. Mack made great strides, and he's showing me that we may not have effed that pick up.
I'm loving a line that starts with JT, Steinbach, and Mack.
-
Imagine how great this OL could be if we can get an effective RG and RT?
Fraley filled in great, but he's obviously not the future at the position. Mack made great strides, and he's showing me that we may not have effed that pick up.
I'm loving a line that starts with JT, Steinbach, and Mack.
Imagine how great this OL could be if we can get an effective RG and RT?
Fraley filled in great, but he's obviously not the future at the position. Mack made great strides, and he's showing me that we may not have effed that pick up.
I'm loving a line that starts with JT, Steinbach, and Mack.
Steinbach has no future here either. Overpaid, subpar run blocker. Got slammed down by the Ravens.
-
Imagine how great this OL could be if we can get an effective RG and RT?
Fraley filled in great, but he's obviously not the future at the position. Mack made great strides, and he's showing me that we may not have effed that pick up.
I'm loving a line that starts with JT, Steinbach, and Mack.
Steinbach has no future here either. Overpaid, subpar run blocker. Got slammed down by the Ravens.
Steinbach has no future here either. Overpaid, subpar run blocker. Got slammed down by the Ravens.
He's a fantastic pass blocker, however, especially next to JT.
-
Thanks for bringing that up EJ...the guy is starting to show what is in store...and it is good.
You got that right. When we drafted him I lost my mind saying WTF are we doing............ But he will be a good one for a long time. I'm excited about this pick. Next years draft is so huge for our franchise. We can NOT fukc this draft up.
You got that right. When we drafted him I lost my mind saying WTF are we doing............ But he will be a good one for a long time. I'm excited about this pick. Next years draft is so huge for our franchise. We can NOT fukc this draft up.
For all the heat Mangini takes, I think he knows good football players and which kind he wants to fit in to our mold.
I don't think he is going to make many poor selections when picking players ( note that there is always a failure rate all coaches deal with so we can't be unrealistic)
I have a feeling the extra picks we have for next year are going to go a long way towards setting our foundation.
So far Mack and MoMass look to be real nice picks and I can't help but think both Robo and Vinuke are going to be at least good players.
I think our drafting under mangini is going to be solid on a consistent basis.
-
Veikune is a mystery still. First, he has to adjust to the NFL and then he has to adjust to playing a 3-4. That is not easy. If he gets significant playing time this year without and injury in front of him, I'll be shocked.
You should have been here 2 weeks ago when people on here were ripping Mangini apart and calling for his termination over his terrible draft and Mack being a bust. Of course, I was called names for suggesting that we all calm down and let the center develope. But whatever, I'm just a DA loving "tard" Who "doesn't have any more inside information on the Browns than anyone else" so what do I know. Besides, Mangini didn't make personell decisions in NY it was clearly their GM.
If the player isn't really fast, or if it's not a turnover or a TD; than I have no clue what goes on in a football game. I'm not that much unlike a lot of other members on here though really.
-
Just saying.. Mack is really coming on each game.. I CAN NOT WAIT.. to see how he works against Casey Hampton... It is the guys like Hampton and Ngata from Baltimore is the reason we drafted him. Hampton will still likely get the better of him in "THIS" game.. but I am guessing by the time we play them later in the season..the tide will have turned..
Nice draft pick..He and Thomas will be the core of this line for years.. Now for a decent or better LT this offseason and we will be a force..
Absolutely agree 100%. He is going to be a stud for us. He has gotten better with every snap from training camp on. I have to be honest, in training camp I said WTF did we pick this chump for? But having to go against S. Rogers every practice has really paid off for him. Throw in that he is smart and wants to be good and you have yourself a very good player.
Absolutely agree 100%. He is going to be a stud for us. He has gotten better with every snap from training camp on. I have to be honest, in training camp I said WTF did we pick this chump for? But having to go against S. Rogers every practice has really paid off for him. Throw in that he is smart and wants to be good and you have yourself a very good player.
And you know Mangini is going to. He did it in NY. I like it, it's Mangenius.
-
Get off your high horse Mop.
This board has its share of inciters who don't seem to care about the game. However, there are a ton of real football fans here who are students and most of them are quite happy with Mack. You aren't the lone shining light of football wisdom. Hate to break it to you.
-
Just key on Mack during the games, you will be impressed
-
Just key on Mack during the games, you will be impressed
Thats what I like to do. I have NFL Rewind were i can watch all the games from 08 and this season and i try to really cue in on certain positions like the lines, LB's stuff like that. I swear ive watched all our games 08-09 at least 3 times and the NY game last year about 10 times(whenever i get depressed about the Browns). I didn't really start watching football till the later half of last year so i try and do a lot of studying on Rewind and on all the boards in whatnot. I have to say ive def learned more on these boards in almost a year than some people i talk to that have been football guys their whole lives. So yeah anyone wants to really "scout" the Browns or our competitors should check out the NFL Rewind. Its all game no commercials and the average game lasts about 2 hours, you can pause and rewind all that good stuff.
-
Imagine how great this OL could be if we can get an effective RG and RT?
Fraley filled in great, but he's obviously not the future at the position. Mack made great strides, and he's showing me that we may not have effed that pick up.
I'm loving a line that starts with JT, Steinbach, and Mack.
Imagine how great this OL could be if we can get an effective RG and RT?
Fraley filled in great, but he's obviously not the future at the position. Mack made great strides, and he's showing me that we may not have effed that pick up.
I'm loving a line that starts with JT, Steinbach, and Mack.
Are you the same DB41 from FF?
-
Don't underestimate how hard it is for a rookie CENTER to come in
and take over. I don't remember another, fwiw, to do it.
Mack doesn't seem to be struggling - he's dominating like Joe Thomas is.
Very cool.
During the game tonight, they said the Jets have arguably the best offensive line in the NFL.
Big thanks to Mangini for that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
