Skip to content

THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

The Browns Board
193 22 7.9k
  • LOL! You guys!!!!! if I can invest something like $1600 dollars on this weekend so can you, I know you both to be hard working successful business people who can justify a couple hundred greens for the trip - so that's one excuse put to bed. 🙂

    So what if it's cold, just think how those pussies from San Diego are going to feel when they leave the training ground on the Thursday afternoon. And it means your beer stays cold no matter how long you hold it for which come to think of it is never that long at a tailgate.

    Plus the best pregame grub ever cooked on a grill is readily available. (Ed, Don make sure you pay me in used bills for that comment)

    AND you get to laugh at Mine and G-man's accents and our ridiculous attempts to get on the Jumbotron with our outfits / banners / flags etc.

    FINALLY I have kept in touch with an awesomely hot couple of girls on facebook that were sat behind us at the game last year and they have said they are going to come along to the tailgate.

    Stan, your plan sounds just excellent - I am so stoked up despite the team performances. My Cavs tickets arrived yesterday - cheap seats but seats nonetheless. Pre and post game drinkies & eats sound perfecto. We should be touchning down at basestation BROWNS downtown about 6pm. In the Winking lizard at approx 6.05pm. Hard Rock after sounds equally good, our waitress there last year was smokin'. (Even though she thought we were australian)

    Saturday sounds great too, our only commitment is picking up our game tickets from JohnG on this board at some point and attending the backers bash at the Blind Pig - Gman loves the budweiser girls - I like talking to old legends from the team. Plus I want to win the Cribbs helmet this year and not end up with a freakin signed footbal from someone as rubbish as old Edwards butterhands this time. if we can sneak in a college & or HS game that would be perfect - we are flexible.

    Sunday is sunday. I don't know whether to paint myself orange and turn up half naked or to dress up as the Queen of England in orange and brown, I'm damned if we don't get on the bloody screen this year. We have also ordered a 6ft banner to drape over row 1, you cant say we dont try. I might bring a bottle of Pimms with me so that we can have a civilised drink or two before getting smashed on that orange stuff.

    I also recommend after game drinks at that country bar opposite the Blind Pig afterwards. I am determined to stay on the mechanical bull for longer than 3 seconds this year. Plus some of the girls that ride that thing are very talented. Above all this coming Football Weekend, I must rember to eat something on game day. I turned yellow last year with that alcohol only diet - seriously, bright yellow!

    Looking forward to it with enormous excitement. Win or lose we're on the booze.

    HowieDawg.

  • Now if that bloody sick bastards post above don't get you two blokes off your ass and to Cleveland on December 6th, you must be tea sipping homosexuals.

  • I'm proud to say that I attended the first tailgate party - August 1999. It was funny in that people relied on the very nice name buttons Kathy was kind enough to make, so we could determine the Furnier's from the Doug's, for example.

    I hoped to make it out this year but the schedule, itself, and the quality of the team makes it hard to justify the money (and time away).

    Hopefully, next year. Still a few veterans on this board that I haven't met?

    Where is Shane?

  • I'm proud to say that I attended the first tailgate party - August 1999. It was funny in that people relied on the very nice name buttons Kathy was kind enough to make, so we could determine the Furnier's from the Doug's, for example.

    I hoped to make it out this year but the schedule, itself, and the quality of the team makes it hard to justify the money (and time away).

    Hopefully, next year. Still a few veterans on this board that I haven't met?

    Where is Shane?

    @chicopee-john said:

    I'm proud to say that I attended the first tailgate party - August 1999. It was funny in that people relied on the very nice name buttons Kathy was kind enough to make, so we could determine the Furnier's from the Doug's, for example.

    I hoped to make it out this year but the schedule, itself, and the quality of the team makes it hard to justify the money (and time away).

    Chickening out of playing me in billiards again this year, huh?

    @chicopee-john said:

    Hopefully, next year. Still a few veterans on this board that I haven't met?

    Where is Shane?

    Well, there is still hope that Shane re-emerges somewhere. Dency came back after a few years of being disconnected, so hopefully Shane will too ... and 'Q' ... Erocc is on my facebook, and re-registered here a few weeks back, he's a mod at OBR site.

    It Mark and Zippy come in, I'll have to see what Gumbo is up to. I haven't seen him in years. Where's Prima?

  • I forgot to mention the danger you put me in, Stan.

    First it was driving home on the bridge that was collapsing.

    Then it was that darn Orange bus. Still have nightmared about that one.

    I believe Prima committed suicide after Obama got elected.

    BTW, I beat you in OH and CT.

  • I keep thinking about it.

    I have to come up for the Steelers game as I have that seat promised to someone from Columbus and am hand delivering it to their tailgate.

    So that would mean come up on Saturday, head back Monday, head back on Wed or Thursday, then head back home on Friday or Saturday after the Steelers game.

    I guess what I am saying is I am not sure I want to get kicked in the nuts on Sunday, then turn around and get kicked there again on Thursday.

  • Ballpeen, it would be great to meet you. Can't you buy a groin guard for the sunday??

  • Gang, the schedulemakers were not kind to us this season. It looks like the 10th Annivesary gathering will be the next tailgate party and the final one of this season. For the other games, i'm sure we'll still be getting together at the Flat Iron or in some other fashion.

  • Zombo said:

    Two shots of the Orange Shit and you'll be sporting fire like the Heat Miser.

    Zombo

    have you bought your plane ticket yet zippy?

  • Gang, the schedulemakers were not kind to us this season. It looks like the 10th Annivesary gathering will be the next tailgate party and the final one of this season. For the other games, i'm sure we'll still be getting together at the Flat Iron or in some other fashion.

    @roach said:

    Gang, the schedulemakers were not kind to us this season. It looks like the 10th Annivesary gathering will be the next tailgate party and the final one of this season. For the other games, i'm sure we'll still be getting together at the Flat Iron or in some other fashion.

    just so that I'm understanding correctly, the December 6th tailgate will be the last one or is there one before that?

    The tailgate is a big part of me making the trip. Howies post helped I'm gonna read it tonight after a couple beers and then I'll make my reservations.

    I think

  • The December 6th Tailgate Party from 9:00am-3:30pm, prior to the Browns/Chargers game, will be a BIG ONE, but will be our last for this year.

    There is a Home game before that game, but it is a Monday Night game, which are difficult to do. The one immediately after the Chargers game is a Thursday Night Game, which is even more difficult to do. After that, we are facing December 27th & January 3rd games .... which could be in 3' of snow.

    The Dec. 6th Tailgate Party will be our finale of our Tenth year ... plan accordingly.

    Thanks NFL for a F'ed up Home Schedule:

    (remaining Home games)

    MONDAY, Nov. 16th vs Baltihole Ratbirds, 8:30pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday

    SUNDAY, Dec. 6th vs San Diego Chargers, 4:05pm - MEGA BASH TAILGATE PARTY, 10-YR ANNAVERSARY!

    THURSDAY, Dec. 10th vs Shittsburgh Squeelers, 8:20pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday

    SUNDAY, Dec. 27th vs Oakland Raiders, 1:00pm - NO TRADITIONAL TAILGATE PARTY Weather*

    SUNDAY, Jan. 3rd vs Jacksonville Jaguars - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weather*

    * subject to playoff implications

  • The December 6th Tailgate Party from 9:00am-3:30pm, prior to the Browns/Chargers game, will be a BIG ONE, but will be our last for this year.

    There is a Home game before that game, but it is a Monday Night game, which are difficult to do. The one immediately after the Chargers game is a Thursday Night Game, which is even more difficult to do. After that, we are facing December 27th & January 3rd games .... which could be in 3' of snow.

    The Dec. 6th Tailgate Party will be our finale of our Tenth year ... plan accordingly.

    Thanks NFL for a F'ed up Home Schedule:

    (remaining Home games)

    MONDAY, Nov. 16th vs Baltihole Ratbirds, 8:30pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday

    SUNDAY, Dec. 6th vs San Diego Chargers, 4:05pm - MEGA BASH TAILGATE PARTY, 10-YR ANNAVERSARY!

    THURSDAY, Dec. 10th vs Shittsburgh Squeelers, 8:20pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday

    SUNDAY, Dec. 27th vs Oakland Raiders, 1:00pm - NO TRADITIONAL TAILGATE PARTY Weather*

    SUNDAY, Jan. 3rd vs Jacksonville Jaguars - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weather*

    * subject to playoff implications

    @atenears said:

    The December 6th Tailgate Party from 9:00am-3:30pm, prior to the Browns/Chargers game, will be a BIG ONE, but will be our last for this year.

    There is a Home game before that game, but it is a Monday Night game, which are difficult to do. The one immediately after the Chargers game is a Thursday Night Game, which is even more difficult to do. After that, we are facing December 27th & January 3rd games .... which could be in 3' of snow.

    The Dec. 6th Tailgate Party will be our finale of our Tenth year ... plan accordingly.

    Thanks NFL for a F'ed up Home Schedule:

    (remaining Home games)

    MONDAY, Nov. 16th vs Baltihole Ratbirds, 8:30pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday

    SUNDAY, Dec. 6th vs San Diego Chargers, 4:05pm - MEGA BASH TAILGATE PARTY, 10-YR ANNAVERSARY!

    THURSDAY, Dec. 10th vs Shittsburgh Squeelers, 8:20pm - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weekday

    SUNDAY, Dec. 27th vs Oakland Raiders, 1:00pm - NO TRADITIONAL TAILGATE PARTY Weather*

    SUNDAY, Jan. 3rd vs Jacksonville Jaguars - NO TAILGATE PARTY Weather*

    * subject to playoff implications

    Depending on what happens with the Gators and the bowl games, I will probably come up for the Jags game...glutton for punishment I suppose...I may see you then if you guys hit the flatiron or some other establishment....if not.....had a great time with you for the three I made this year and see you boys next year

  • Have a great time guys...........

    Howie have a couple of extra cold beers for me.......

  • Zombo said:

    Two shots of the Orange Shit and you'll be sporting fire like the Heat Miser.

    Zombo

    Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway

  • Zombo said:

    Two shots of the Orange Shit and you'll be sporting fire like the Heat Miser.

    Zombo

    Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway

    @sperk said:

    Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway

    I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?

  • @sperk said:

    Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway

    I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?

    @kshutchins said:

    I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?

    Curacao.

  • @sperk said:

    Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway

    I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?

    @kshutchins said:

    I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?

    I'm not sure where he gets it from, it wouldnt suprise me if it was a batch of wine that went awry but its smooth and taste likes a creamsicle with a slow burn

  • Ok...as I type this I am booking my trip for the weekend. I will arrive Saturday around 5 or so...and I'm flying home on Monday morning. There is no turning back at this point.

    So....Zippy..Flugels..and the rest of you losers....I'm in...it's your turn.

  • @sperk said:

    Let me tell you about that orange shit. The last time larry showed up he also had a BLUE AND A WHITE bottle. We had to try them all and Im telling you it doesnt matter how bad the teams playing , your not going to remember the first half anyway

    I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?

    @kshutchins said:

    I thought Larry was a confirmed wino. What's this orange stuff I keep hearing about?

    Oh, I'm still a confirmed wino KS. Not strictly a wino- but read on. 🙂 However, the story of the Orange Stuff is a rather long one. As some may, or may not know one of my other hobbies is Astronomy. I was lucky enough in 1970 to get a $20 student standby ticket to Norfolk, Virginia to catch the total solar eclipse in March that year. Had the pleasure of sleeping on a bench in Baltimore's airport overnight because I got bumped. Try that one now, lol!!! I thought it was by far the neatest thing I've ever seen. (the eclipse, NOT Baltimore's airport!) Yeah, it's THAT eclipse behind the inspiration of Carly Simon's "You're so Vain".

    The problem with total solar eclipses is you have to get within the 100 or so mile wide corridor to get the full effect, and unless you have an unlimited wallet (eclipse tours tend to be real pricey) or a willingness to travel to garden spots like Antarctica, Borneo, Northern Tibet- I would have loved to go to Egypt ( a side tour to the pyramids was enticing) a few years back, but the cheapest thing I could find was $4,000 per person.

    So.... 1998 is on the calendar. Hmmmmm..... Total solar eclipse- Curacao, or Aruba. February. Wife's birthday month. Guess what sweetie, we're going to Curacao for your birthday- even if we get clouded out (always a possibility) southern Caribbean in the dead of winter ain't a bad idea. Yeah, and you're so far south the Astronomer in me says you get to do the CSN thing "When you see the Southern Cross for the First Time" well, bummer- the asterism called the "False Cross" is actually bigger & brighter than the real item.

    Had always heard of Curacao Liqueur, so started to investigate. The real stuff comes from the Island, and believe me I sampled plenty of it on our one week stay there. They even got us on the tourista bus to visit the motherlode. The Orange Stuff Homepage The short of it Ed & Don got to sample the "clear" it's natural state- they put food coloring in it to make it every color of the rainbow (at least on the island) and conveniently one of them is Orange. And it is pure extract of orange- some genius figured out you take Curacao orange peels (that can't ripen- it's too damn hot) soak 'em in 60 proof vodka, add some sugar.... and yum. From a wino perspective, comparing authentic Curacao to the domestic Bols crap it's like the difference between real burgundy, and Gallo Hearty burgundy.

    Oh, BTW, as a side benefit, it was Mardi Gras week, we did get to see the eclipse, in fact the official NASA eclipse geek Fred Espenak took this picture(s) about 100 feet away from us- it's long been the wallpaper on my computer. Closest I've ever seen to the real item- but it still doesn't do it justice. I'll just say this- that last minute before totality is absolutely surreal- wifie isn't even into astronomy and she agrees- it's like God hitting the dimmer switch- you actually see it getting dark in 30 seconds. Google Espenak 2017 2024 and plan to join me (assuming I'm still alive and kicking) for the great American eclipse adventures. PS young 'uns 2024 goes right over CLEVELAND, mark your calendars. 🙂

    98TSEspenak1.jpg

  • OK, made some changes and will join the group for the tailgate bash. The thought of watching us get killed by the Steelers with 40,000 Steeler fans in attendance wasn't all that appealing.

    I was planning on attending the SEC Championship on that Saturday night, but the sweet seat i thought i could get wasn't going to be as sweet as thought, so I will just watch it up there.

    I do have a extra seat for the game at this point. If anyone needs a ticket, I can help, and at this point, the $70 on the face isn't what it will cost...I'll take $30 and a beer....or $20 and a couple of hugs if you are a nice looking woman. 😁