Skip to content

Could DA end up with the worst QB rating EVER in a season

The Browns Board
42 22 4.2k
  • E eggo31 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Lets just draft jimmy clausen....dude is a stud and i like his confidence, and work ethic

  • Next YearN Next Year wrote on last edited by
    #20

    with our recievers i dont blame him, beisides momass there is NO upside with any of the browns recievers ........

  • He could.....passer rating is over hyped.

    Lot's goes in to passer rating. Blocking, Running, and catching are three externals that come to mind.

    F Fan Of STEEL 1 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @ballpeen said:

    He could.....passer rating is over hyped.

    Lot's goes in to passer rating. Blocking, Running, and catching are three externals that come to mind.

    Not to mention that little thing called "passing."

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    So, if we chose Sanchez, we would be a playoff team year in and year out? Bullshit. My point is you don't know. It's a gamble. And without other players who were also great, we would still have a great Quarterback being sacked, chased all over the field and humiliated every play.

    Don't know if sanchez is a hit yet...do you? I do know, rothlis, flacco, ryan, eli and rivers are "hits"

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @solon16 said:

    Don't know if sanchez is a hit yet...do you? I do know, rothlis, flacco, ryan, eli and rivers are "hits"

    Yep. And look at the talent on the teams they are playing on. We have a total rebuild, vice just a QB rebuild.

  • @ballpeen said:

    He could.....passer rating is over hyped.

    Lot's goes in to passer rating. Blocking, Running, and catching are three externals that come to mind.

    Not to mention that little thing called "passing."

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @fan-of-steel-1 said:

    Not to mention that little thing called "passing."

    No doubt......but passing is dependent on many other aspects of the game/

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Here it is so far ...

    http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/rankings/qb

    DA is not as bad as many think from the report, but he is bad for us.

  • with our recievers i dont blame him, beisides momass there is NO upside with any of the browns recievers ........

    C cmac12 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @next-year said:

    with our recievers i dont blame him, beisides momass there is NO upside with any of the browns recievers ........

    Think it is too early to tell on robo.

  • Lets just draft jimmy clausen....dude is a stud and i like his confidence, and work ethic

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @eggo31 said:

    Lets just draft jimmy clausen....dude is a stud and i like his confidence, and work ethic

    I think we already have Jimmy Clausen on the team...

  • @eggo31 said:

    Lets just draft jimmy clausen....dude is a stud and i like his confidence, and work ethic

    I think we already have Jimmy Clausen on the team...

    E eggo31 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mark-o said:

    I think we already have Jimmy Clausen on the team...

    if ur compairing quinn and clausen ur crazy......clausen has much better arm strength and accuracy down field

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #28

    And Quinn set how many ND records when he was there? How high did he finish in the Heisman voting?

    How great did Rick Mirer look at ND and how did that turn out in the NFL?

    Quinn was thought to be the savior and I still think he could be a very good NFL quarterback, but it won't happen in Cleveland unless Anderson gets hurt and he has another chance to play here. Otherwise, we're stuck with DA the rest of the way and it's either Andersons team or they're both gone next year and we have a new QB either via the draft or free agency or both.

  • DA is the most overhyped Qb in Browns history by some these guys....The dude absolutely fking SUCKS....BQ is fking unwatchable....when will these posters wake the fk up and realize we have to get US a Franchise QB....it's unbelievable there is anything other than OUR QB"S SUCK .......not which one sucks the least!!! Christ I don't want to hear we need more Oline to make either of these stiffs better....We need A QB! Jake Locker gets my vote....not even a hesitation! If he is there when we pick(assuming he comes out) and we don't draft him...Im the xxxx outta hear! 41 years of this fkn BS....which sucky QB is better....GEEZZZZZ

    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @solon16 said:

    DA is the most overhyped Qb in Browns history by some these guys....The dude absolutely fking SUCKS....BQ is fking unwatchable....when will these posters wake the fk up and realize we have to get US a Franchise QB....it's unbelievable there is anything other than OUR QB"S SUCK .......not which one sucks the least!!! Christ I don't want to hear we need more Oline to make either of these stiffs better....We need A QB! Jake Locker gets my vote....not even a hesitation! If he is there when we pick(assuming he comes out) and we don't draft him...Im the xxxx outta hear! 41 years of this fkn BS....which sucky QB is better....GEEZZZZZ

    Jake Locker or bust?

    I have no comfort in the top pick being a qb yet.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I only favor DA because I feel he distributes the ball better, ATE

    ****************************************************

    While he stares down receivers, or frantically throws quick passes into the dirt or

    over the head of the first receiver on his read.

    Yeah, kinda like that..... 😄

  • O Orange__Brown_Town wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Hope we get a qb through free agency next season. We must get a guy who is a proven winner so the players buy in. Not some hot shot rookie who has to go through growing pains. I don't care if he is past prime. As long as he is established, I am fine with it. The fact is not each draft has a franchise caliber qb. Trying to force a young kid into that role is very costly.

  • @mark-o said:

    I think we already have Jimmy Clausen on the team...

    if ur compairing quinn and clausen ur crazy......clausen has much better arm strength and accuracy down field

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @eggo31 said:

    if ur compairing quinn and clausen ur crazy......clausen has much better arm strength and accuracy down field

    I agree. Clausen is way better than Quinn.

    I don't want him, but he is better.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I don't know...Quinn looked pretty good at ND and so does Clausen. How do we know he isn't going to fare any better than quinn has so far.

  • Q qbguru wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Clausen would not come to Cleveland in a million years after the handling of Quinn, unless top 10 pick type money, and even then probably not. Will not happen.

  • @solon16 said:

    DA is the most overhyped Qb in Browns history by some these guys....The dude absolutely fking SUCKS....BQ is fking unwatchable....when will these posters wake the fk up and realize we have to get US a Franchise QB....it's unbelievable there is anything other than OUR QB"S SUCK .......not which one sucks the least!!! Christ I don't want to hear we need more Oline to make either of these stiffs better....We need A QB! Jake Locker gets my vote....not even a hesitation! If he is there when we pick(assuming he comes out) and we don't draft him...Im the xxxx outta hear! 41 years of this fkn BS....which sucky QB is better....GEEZZZZZ

    Jake Locker or bust?

    I have no comfort in the top pick being a qb yet.

    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @hammertime said:

    Jake Locker or bust?

    I have no comfort in the top pick being a qb yet.

    Your comfort??? lol We will be perenial fkn losers if we continue to shy away from drafting a POTENTIAL franchise Qb....Keep at it, keep at it keep at it....we will always suck without one....we have 10 other picks in this draft 4 picks in top 100 after the #1....this is the most important draft since 99 IMO...I do even think it is a question.have to try...!!!

  • @hammertime said:

    Jake Locker or bust?

    I have no comfort in the top pick being a qb yet.

    Your comfort??? lol We will be perenial fkn losers if we continue to shy away from drafting a POTENTIAL franchise Qb....Keep at it, keep at it keep at it....we will always suck without one....we have 10 other picks in this draft 4 picks in top 100 after the #1....this is the most important draft since 99 IMO...I do even think it is a question.have to try...!!!

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by Lumbergh
    #36

    @solon16 said:

    We will be perenial fkn losers if we continue to shy away from drafting a POTENTIAL franchise Qb.

    The team had this strategy in 2006 when they drafted Brady Quinn.

    But that backfired in a HUGE way as Quinn has served to tear the organization and the fan base apart for three years and has stagnated the development of the overall team including the true franchise QB, Derek Anderson.

    I don't think they'll be going down that path again anytime soon, no matter how bad the Frye/Quinn fans wish they had a shiny new Kosar.

  • @solon16 said:

    We will be perenial fkn losers if we continue to shy away from drafting a POTENTIAL franchise Qb.

    The team had this strategy in 2006 when they drafted Brady Quinn.

    But that backfired in a HUGE way as Quinn has served to tear the organization and the fan base apart for three years and has stagnated the development of the overall team including the true franchise QB, Derek Anderson.

    I don't think they'll be going down that path again anytime soon, no matter how bad the Frye/Quinn fans wish they had a shiny new Kosar.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @lumbergh said:

    The team had this strategy in 2006 when they drafted Brady Quinn.

    But that backfired in a HUGE way as Quinn has served to tear the organization and the fan base apart for three years and has stagnated the development of the overall team including the true franchise QB, Derek Anderson.

    I don't think they'll be going down that path again anytime soon, no matter how bad the Frye/Quinn fans wish they had a shiny new Kosar.

    Please, Lums- I think I know what a franchise qb looks like, and DA ain't even vaguely resembled one of late. I'll even spot him 75% of his dropped passes- and his qb rating goes up to wow, mediocre. I'm looking for GREAT.

    Well, mediocre qbs have won the Super Bowl, like Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams- but everything around them must be perfect for that scenario to succeed. Sorry, our last in the league defense won't cut it.

  • DA is the most overhyped Qb in Browns history by some these guys....The dude absolutely fking SUCKS....BQ is fking unwatchable....when will these posters wake the fk up and realize we have to get US a Franchise QB....it's unbelievable there is anything other than OUR QB"S SUCK .......not which one sucks the least!!! Christ I don't want to hear we need more Oline to make either of these stiffs better....We need A QB! Jake Locker gets my vote....not even a hesitation! If he is there when we pick(assuming he comes out) and we don't draft him...Im the xxxx outta hear! 41 years of this fkn BS....which sucky QB is better....GEEZZZZZ

    medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @solon16 said:

    DA is the most overhyped Qb in Browns history by some these guys....The dude absolutely fking SUCKS....BQ is fking unwatchable....when will these posters wake the fk up and realize we have to get US a Franchise QB....it's unbelievable there is anything other than OUR QB"S SUCK .......not which one sucks the least!!! Christ I don't want to hear we need more Oline to make either of these stiffs better....We need A QB! Jake Locker gets my vote....not even a hesitation! If he is there when we pick(assuming he comes out) and we don't draft him...Im the xxxx outta hear! 41 years of this fkn BS....which sucky QB is better....GEEZZZZZ

    No way man D.A. is going to take us to the Super Bowl. Oh sorry I was day dreamin. As I was just sayn we HAVE no qb. We have a couple of guys with great arms but no sense.