Ever-lasting Qb controvery
-
Ok. I know Anderson "won" us a game (if you count 2 completions as winning a game), but Quinn went 0-3 against 3 very good defenses. I know some people argue that Anderson's arm strength keeps defenses honest, but I feel like lack of mobility is a big hit to the team.
Obviously this season is a wash, I was just wondering how some of my fellow Browns fans felt now that we are in the thick of the season. (I know we lack overall talent)
Ok. I know Anderson "won" us a game (if you count 2 completions as winning a game), but Quinn went 0-3 against 3 very good defenses. I know some people argue that Anderson's arm strength keeps defenses honest, but I feel like lack of mobility is a big hit to the team.
Obviously this season is a wash, I was just wondering how some of my fellow Browns fans felt now that we are in the thick of the season. (I know we lack overall talent)
I think
1) Not being able to read defenses
2) Not being able to complete > 50% of your passes (or 40% actually)
3) Fumbling the ball. A lot.
4) Throwing into double/triple/11-man coverage
5) Missing wide open receivers
6) Rocketing balls at receiver's feet
are a much bigger hit than mobility. I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that the right side of the line looks dreadful and teams are still loading the box. DA was the answer to all of those problems.
But Quinn isn't liked in the locker room - or something. Apparently, if you are well-liked, the team will play hard for you.
-
Ok. I know Anderson "won" us a game (if you count 2 completions as winning a game), but Quinn went 0-3 against 3 very good defenses. I know some people argue that Anderson's arm strength keeps defenses honest, but I feel like lack of mobility is a big hit to the team.
Obviously this season is a wash, I was just wondering how some of my fellow Browns fans felt now that we are in the thick of the season. (I know we lack overall talent)
I think
1) Not being able to read defenses
2) Not being able to complete > 50% of your passes (or 40% actually)
3) Fumbling the ball. A lot.
4) Throwing into double/triple/11-man coverage
5) Missing wide open receivers
6) Rocketing balls at receiver's feet
are a much bigger hit than mobility. I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that the right side of the line looks dreadful and teams are still loading the box. DA was the answer to all of those problems.
But Quinn isn't liked in the locker room - or something. Apparently, if you are well-liked, the team will play hard for you.
I think
1) Not being able to read defenses
2) Not being able to complete > 50% of your passes (or 40% actually)
3) Fumbling the ball. A lot.
4) Throwing into double/triple/11-man coverage
5) Missing wide open receivers
6) Rocketing balls at receiver's feet
are a much bigger hit than mobility. I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that the right side of the line looks dreadful and teams are still loading the box. DA was the answer to all of those problems.
But Quinn isn't liked in the locker room - or something. Apparently, if you are well-liked, the team will play hard for you.
Why not just stopping posting here instead of trying to get banned? I guess it's a badge of honor.
-
Worry about yourself. I'm just making observations.
-
Worry about yourself. I'm just making observations.
Worry about yourself. I'm just making observations.
I have no beef with you but you are just baiting. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish?
-
Ok. I know Anderson "won" us a game (if you count 2 completions as winning a game), but Quinn went 0-3 against 3 very good defenses. I know some people argue that Anderson's arm strength keeps defenses honest, but I feel like lack of mobility is a big hit to the team.
Obviously this season is a wash, I was just wondering how some of my fellow Browns fans felt now that we are in the thick of the season. (I know we lack overall talent)
I think
1) Not being able to read defenses
2) Not being able to complete > 50% of your passes (or 40% actually)
3) Fumbling the ball. A lot.
4) Throwing into double/triple/11-man coverage
5) Missing wide open receivers
6) Rocketing balls at receiver's feet
are a much bigger hit than mobility. I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that the right side of the line looks dreadful and teams are still loading the box. DA was the answer to all of those problems.
But Quinn isn't liked in the locker room - or something. Apparently, if you are well-liked, the team will play hard for you.
I think
1) Not being able to read defenses
2) Not being able to complete > 50% of your passes (or 40% actually)
3) Fumbling the ball. A lot.
4) Throwing into double/triple/11-man coverage
5) Missing wide open receivers
6) Rocketing balls at receiver's feet
are a much bigger hit than mobility. I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that the right side of the line looks dreadful and teams are still loading the box. DA was the answer to all of those problems.
But Quinn isn't liked in the locker room - or something. Apparently, if you are well-liked, the team will play hard for you.
Let's break this down, shall we?
1) Quinn didn't need to read defenses when he was checking down for those -1 yard gains.
2) Again, when you're trying to win, unlike Quinn, you might actually try to win the game instead of not losing. Guess what? Trying not to lose leads to losses.
3) Did you see Quinn's fumble in the Minnesota game?
4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.
5) Quinn had this problem, too, you know. Just because there was a guy open in the backfield with a guy closing in on him doesn't mean there weren't open downfield. Quinn was why Braylon, our best receiver, was traded: you know this, right?
6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn.
Your guy was given plenty of opportunity. How about we let people who actually have potential play?
-
Worry about yourself. I'm just making observations.
I have no beef with you but you are just baiting. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish?
I have no beef with you but you are just baiting. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish?
What did I say was untrue?
Anderson's mobility isn't hurting this offense anymore than Quinn's mobility helped it because it's not designed around a QBs mobility; no one is really sure what it's designed to do, or if it's even 'designed', at this point.
Further, I recall being told how the line didn't suck because it was the QB. Turns out, that's not quite true, is it?
I also recall reading that teams were stacking the box because they didn't respect Quinn's arm. It sure didn't look like they respected Anderson's arm either.
Today, it really was the QB position that held us back (and the insistence on using Lewis) from scoring more points. Probably not enough to win, but at least it wouldn't have been...whatever that was.
If that's baiting, fine. I'm baiting. Hey it was all fun and games while Quinn was in. Now...not so much.
-
I have no beef with you but you are just baiting. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish?
What did I say was untrue?
Anderson's mobility isn't hurting this offense anymore than Quinn's mobility helped it because it's not designed around a QBs mobility; no one is really sure what it's designed to do, or if it's even 'designed', at this point.
Further, I recall being told how the line didn't suck because it was the QB. Turns out, that's not quite true, is it?
I also recall reading that teams were stacking the box because they didn't respect Quinn's arm. It sure didn't look like they respected Anderson's arm either.
Today, it really was the QB position that held us back (and the insistence on using Lewis) from scoring more points. Probably not enough to win, but at least it wouldn't have been...whatever that was.
If that's baiting, fine. I'm baiting. Hey it was all fun and games while Quinn was in. Now...not so much.
What did I say was untrue?
Anderson's mobility isn't hurting this offense anymore than Quinn's mobility helped it because it's not designed around a QBs mobility; no one is really sure what it's designed to do, or if it's even 'designed', at this point.
Further, I recall being told how the line didn't suck because it was the QB. Turns out, that's not quite true, is it?
I also recall reading that teams were stacking the box because they didn't respect Quinn's arm. It sure didn't look like they respected Anderson's arm either.
Today, it really was the QB position that held us back (and the insistence on using Lewis) from scoring more points. Probably not enough to win, but at least it wouldn't have been...whatever that was.
If that's baiting, fine. I'm baiting. Hey it was all fun and games while Quinn was in. Now...not so much.
Actually, you are baiting. Read your post. You are just calling out people that may or may not have called you out. Just stop.
-
I think
1) Not being able to read defenses
2) Not being able to complete > 50% of your passes (or 40% actually)
3) Fumbling the ball. A lot.
4) Throwing into double/triple/11-man coverage
5) Missing wide open receivers
6) Rocketing balls at receiver's feet
are a much bigger hit than mobility. I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that the right side of the line looks dreadful and teams are still loading the box. DA was the answer to all of those problems.
But Quinn isn't liked in the locker room - or something. Apparently, if you are well-liked, the team will play hard for you.
Let's break this down, shall we?
1) Quinn didn't need to read defenses when he was checking down for those -1 yard gains.
2) Again, when you're trying to win, unlike Quinn, you might actually try to win the game instead of not losing. Guess what? Trying not to lose leads to losses.
3) Did you see Quinn's fumble in the Minnesota game?
4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.
5) Quinn had this problem, too, you know. Just because there was a guy open in the backfield with a guy closing in on him doesn't mean there weren't open downfield. Quinn was why Braylon, our best receiver, was traded: you know this, right?
6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn.
Your guy was given plenty of opportunity. How about we let people who actually have potential play?
Let's break this down, shall we?
1) Quinn didn't need to read defenses when he was checking down for those -1 yard gains.
2) Again, when you're trying to win, unlike Quinn, you might actually try to win the game instead of not losing. Guess what? Trying not to lose leads to losses.
3) Did you see Quinn's fumble in the Minnesota game?
4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.
5) Quinn had this problem, too, you know. Just because there was a guy open in the backfield with a guy closing in on him doesn't mean there weren't open downfield. Quinn was why Braylon, our best receiver, was traded: you know this, right?
6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn.
Your guy was given plenty of opportunity. How about we let people who actually have potential play?
Man - that's harsh. Like a knife in the ribs.
-
Ok. I know Anderson "won" us a game (if you count 2 completions as winning a game), but Quinn went 0-3 against 3 very good defenses. I know some people argue that Anderson's arm strength keeps defenses honest, but I feel like lack of mobility is a big hit to the team.
Obviously this season is a wash, I was just wondering how some of my fellow Browns fans felt now that we are in the thick of the season. (I know we lack overall talent)
Hey TN i'm from Johnson City.
The Browns just have so many holes that it is hard to pin point one thing. Yes, we could start with the QB but that is not going to solve anything. Quinn could start next week but with our lack of talent the opposition would be able to gameplan his "strengths". Gotta realize that the lack of all around talent makes it easy to defense the Browns.
Hey TN i'm from Johnson City.
The Browns just have so many holes that it is hard to pin point one thing. Yes, we could start with the QB but that is not going to solve anything. Quinn could start next week but with our lack of talent the opposition would be able to gameplan his "strengths". Gotta realize that the lack of all around talent makes it easy to defense the Browns.
See, this is what a reasonable post on the QB discussion looks like. He, like myself, realizes that there is no point to the debate. Therefore, we should stick with DA.
-
What did I say was untrue?
Anderson's mobility isn't hurting this offense anymore than Quinn's mobility helped it because it's not designed around a QBs mobility; no one is really sure what it's designed to do, or if it's even 'designed', at this point.
Further, I recall being told how the line didn't suck because it was the QB. Turns out, that's not quite true, is it?
I also recall reading that teams were stacking the box because they didn't respect Quinn's arm. It sure didn't look like they respected Anderson's arm either.
Today, it really was the QB position that held us back (and the insistence on using Lewis) from scoring more points. Probably not enough to win, but at least it wouldn't have been...whatever that was.
If that's baiting, fine. I'm baiting. Hey it was all fun and games while Quinn was in. Now...not so much.
Actually, you are baiting. Read your post. You are just calling out people that may or may not have called you out. Just stop.
-
I think
1) Not being able to read defenses
2) Not being able to complete > 50% of your passes (or 40% actually)
3) Fumbling the ball. A lot.
4) Throwing into double/triple/11-man coverage
5) Missing wide open receivers
6) Rocketing balls at receiver's feet
are a much bigger hit than mobility. I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that the right side of the line looks dreadful and teams are still loading the box. DA was the answer to all of those problems.
But Quinn isn't liked in the locker room - or something. Apparently, if you are well-liked, the team will play hard for you.
Let's break this down, shall we?
1) Quinn didn't need to read defenses when he was checking down for those -1 yard gains.
2) Again, when you're trying to win, unlike Quinn, you might actually try to win the game instead of not losing. Guess what? Trying not to lose leads to losses.
3) Did you see Quinn's fumble in the Minnesota game?
4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.
5) Quinn had this problem, too, you know. Just because there was a guy open in the backfield with a guy closing in on him doesn't mean there weren't open downfield. Quinn was why Braylon, our best receiver, was traded: you know this, right?
6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn.
Your guy was given plenty of opportunity. How about we let people who actually have potential play?
Let's break this down, shall we?
1) Quinn didn't need to read defenses when he was checking down for those -1 yard gains.
2) Again, when you're trying to win, unlike Quinn, you might actually try to win the game instead of not losing. Guess what? Trying not to lose leads to losses.
3) Did you see Quinn's fumble in the Minnesota game?
4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.
5) Quinn had this problem, too, you know. Just because there was a guy open in the backfield with a guy closing in on him doesn't mean there weren't open downfield. Quinn was why Braylon, our best receiver, was traded: you know this, right?
6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn.
Your guy was given plenty of opportunity. How about we let people who actually have potential play?
2 1/2 games is hardly plenty of opportunity. How long is it going to take for Anderson to reach his potential? How many starts will it take? 12 for 29 for 99 yards is lousy. Quinn was pulled for numbers in that range, why do we have to keep watching Anderson play at a level that isn't any better? Why not Ratliff at this point? If in your mind Quinn was given "plenty of time", Anderson has had more time than that this season and has stats that are worse. Neither QB is the answer in my mind, but I've seen nearly 30 or more starts from Anderson to know that he isn't getting any better. I've seen 6 from Quinn, I'd rather have another look at this point. And if we aren't going to look at Quinn, then hell put in Ratliff or bring Bartel back or anyone else. It's quite clear that Anderson doesn't give this team a better chance of winning. 3 points this week....7 points last week...6 points the week before that. The offense is shitty and it's not all Anderson's fault, but it wasn't all Quinns either.
-
What did I say was untrue?
Anderson's mobility isn't hurting this offense anymore than Quinn's mobility helped it because it's not designed around a QBs mobility; no one is really sure what it's designed to do, or if it's even 'designed', at this point.
Further, I recall being told how the line didn't suck because it was the QB. Turns out, that's not quite true, is it?
I also recall reading that teams were stacking the box because they didn't respect Quinn's arm. It sure didn't look like they respected Anderson's arm either.
Today, it really was the QB position that held us back (and the insistence on using Lewis) from scoring more points. Probably not enough to win, but at least it wouldn't have been...whatever that was.
If that's baiting, fine. I'm baiting. Hey it was all fun and games while Quinn was in. Now...not so much.
Actually, you are baiting. Read your post. You are just calling out people that may or may not have called you out. Just stop.
Actually, you are baiting. Read your post. You are just calling out people that may or may not have called you out. Just stop.
You are the biggest pussy on the Internet. Lemosley is making valid points about situations that are 100% truth. This shit is happening right before our very eyes but all I read is denial denial denial.
We have the worst starting qb in the NFL, FACT.
And your right Lumbergh, this isn't debatable anymore. Anderson is officially taking snaps so Brady Quinn cannot collect on his contract insentives. Not only is the notional media and everyone else around the world laughing at Derek and how bad he is, he's being used like a fawking coupon at the grocery store.
-
4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.
:wacko:
:wacko:
:blink: 
-
Actually, you are baiting. Read your post. You are just calling out people that may or may not have called you out. Just stop.
You are the biggest pussy on the Internet. Lemosley is making valid points about situations that are 100% truth. This shit is happening right before our very eyes but all I read is denial denial denial.
We have the worst starting qb in the NFL, FACT.
And your right Lumbergh, this isn't debatable anymore. Anderson is officially taking snaps so Brady Quinn cannot collect on his contract insentives. Not only is the notional media and everyone else around the world laughing at Derek and how bad he is, he's being used like a fawking coupon at the grocery store.
And your right Lumbergh, this isn't debatable anymore. Anderson is officially taking snaps so Brady Quinn cannot collect on his contract insentives. Not only is the notional media and everyone else around the world laughing at Derek and how bad he is, he's being used like a fawking coupon at the grocery store.
Sorry you guys are idiots! We have a very lousy QB in DA, everyone agrees to this and we have become a laughing stock! Quinn was given a couple of shots against a 3 of the toughest defenses in football then pulled. Now DA has been given 4 games and with the same results. If I give Mangini and ownership any amount of brains they can subtract from the end as well as they can subtract from the beginning. In other words, start Quinn for the rest of the season UNTIL it looks like he's going to reach that magic number, if he still sucks at the end of the year yank him! This way you give the people that don't think Quinn was given his fair shake a 6 week look at his ability (we have already seen what DA can do) and we can all move on!!
-
Actually, you are baiting. Read your post. You are just calling out people that may or may not have called you out. Just stop.
You are the biggest pussy on the Internet. Lemosley is making valid points about situations that are 100% truth. This shit is happening right before our very eyes but all I read is denial denial denial.
We have the worst starting qb in the NFL, FACT.
And your right Lumbergh, this isn't debatable anymore. Anderson is officially taking snaps so Brady Quinn cannot collect on his contract insentives. Not only is the notional media and everyone else around the world laughing at Derek and how bad he is, he's being used like a fawking coupon at the grocery store.
You are the biggest pussy on the Internet. Lemosley is making valid points about situations that are 100% truth. This shit is happening right before our very eyes but all I read is denial denial denial.
We have the worst starting qb in the NFL, FACT.
And your right Lumbergh, this isn't debatable anymore. Anderson is officially taking snaps so Brady Quinn cannot collect on his contract insentives. Not only is the notional media and everyone else around the world laughing at Derek and how bad he is, he's being used like a fawking coupon at the grocery store.
I finally won something!! I am the biggest pussy on the internet!!! Wow what an honor.......really i am overjoyed.
-
All I was saying was who would give us the best shot at maybe winning another game. In my personal opinion completing 2 passes didnt beat the bills, the running game did. I like Quinn's mobility better than Anderson but I like Anderson's arm strength, but Quinns accuracy. If only we could make them into one person, and they would probably be pretty good hah.
And yes, Quinn is sidelined because his incentive contracts. I bet they stick with Anderson till at least week 9 or 10, then if he still sucks let Quinn play so he cant get that 70%
-
"4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.']
:wacko:
:wacko:
:blink: 
ROFLMAO
"6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn."
That was pretty hilarious too!!
-
"4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.']
:wacko:
:wacko:
:blink: 
ROFLMAO
"6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn."
That was pretty hilarious too!!
ROFLMAO
"6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn."
That was pretty hilarious too!!
Sorry you had to travel that far to watch this garbage KS. You can't blame the receivers this week. I'll have to rewind the tape, but DA's deep passes were either badly underthrown, or overthrown- and usually into coverage to boot.
-
Ok. I know Anderson "won" us a game (if you count 2 completions as winning a game), but Quinn went 0-3 against 3 very good defenses. I know some people argue that Anderson's arm strength keeps defenses honest, but I feel like lack of mobility is a big hit to the team.
Obviously this season is a wash, I was just wondering how some of my fellow Browns fans felt now that we are in the thick of the season. (I know we lack overall talent)
Ok. I know Anderson "won" us a game (if you count 2 completions as winning a game), but Quinn went 0-3 against 3 very good defenses. I know some people argue that Anderson's arm strength keeps defenses honest, but I feel like lack of mobility is a big hit to the team.
Obviously this season is a wash, I was just wondering how some of my fellow Browns fans felt now that we are in the thick of the season. (I know we lack overall talent)
Welcome aboard TN Browns Backer ... I'm sure every Browns fan is ready to see another 'spark' at QB. However, while we are at it, let's see the second string DB's in there too, that can't hurt either.
-
I think
1) Not being able to read defenses
2) Not being able to complete > 50% of your passes (or 40% actually)
3) Fumbling the ball. A lot.
4) Throwing into double/triple/11-man coverage
5) Missing wide open receivers
6) Rocketing balls at receiver's feet
are a much bigger hit than mobility. I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that the right side of the line looks dreadful and teams are still loading the box. DA was the answer to all of those problems.
But Quinn isn't liked in the locker room - or something. Apparently, if you are well-liked, the team will play hard for you.
Let's break this down, shall we?
1) Quinn didn't need to read defenses when he was checking down for those -1 yard gains.
2) Again, when you're trying to win, unlike Quinn, you might actually try to win the game instead of not losing. Guess what? Trying not to lose leads to losses.
3) Did you see Quinn's fumble in the Minnesota game?
4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.
5) Quinn had this problem, too, you know. Just because there was a guy open in the backfield with a guy closing in on him doesn't mean there weren't open downfield. Quinn was why Braylon, our best receiver, was traded: you know this, right?
6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn.
Your guy was given plenty of opportunity. How about we let people who actually have potential play?
Let's break this down, shall we?
1) Quinn didn't need to read defenses when he was checking down for those -1 yard gains.
2) Again, when you're trying to win, unlike Quinn, you might actually try to win the game instead of not losing. Guess what? Trying not to lose leads to losses.
3) Did you see Quinn's fumble in the Minnesota game?
4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.
5) Quinn had this problem, too, you know. Just because there was a guy open in the backfield with a guy closing in on him doesn't mean there weren't open downfield. Quinn was why Braylon, our best receiver, was traded: you know this, right?
6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn.
Your guy was given plenty of opportunity. How about we let people who actually have potential play?
Wait wait wait wait wait....
Did you just say 1) that Derek Anderson is a PLAYMAKER?! LOLZ and 2) that he can get it near his receivers!?
When has he ever been a play maker? When has he gotten the ball near his receivers?
Do you watch the Browns games, or do you just wait for DA after the games for his weekly blow job?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login