Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. I'm sorry guys. Everything is my fault.

I'm sorry guys. Everything is my fault.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
7 Posts 5 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 6k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #1

    In high school, we got a hold of Art Modell's phone number. I crank called him, naturally, because I hate him and everything. But when I did, I asked him.

    "So Art, what's your problem? Why'd you move the Browns?"

    He said, "I'll have you know that the FBI has a direc-"

    I cut him off, "The FBI doesn't give a shit about Art Modell's phone, I'm pretty sure they're busy catching terrorists. So. Why'd you move the Browns?"

    "I moved the Browns because of people like you!"

    And he hung up.

    I know I've posted this before.

    I know I did this when I was 17.

    I'm now 21, and I still find this funny.

    But yeah, sorry guys, I guess everything we're putting up with now is my fault. *sigh*

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • halfsane halfsaneH
      • 696 Posts
      • 49 Reputation
      halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
      #2

      He actually answers his own phone?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 6k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
        #3

        It's a long story. Took about a week of calling for him to pick up. But I really believe that the number that I was calling belonged to Art Modell.

        First few times I called, I got some foreign (Hispanic) woman answering the phone saying that he wasn't in. Not surprising, it was in between our 3-a-days and he was probably at work. I asked for his work number, the number that she gave me was to the Ravens' front office. I tried to think of a way I could prank them, but everything seemed like it'd get shot down pretty quickly. I call a few days later. A woman (sounds white, young, pissed off) possibly a wife, or mistress, or daughter... Anyways, I tell her my name's Rob from NFL Europe and that I wanted to talk to Art about a few prospects from the Barcelona Dragons. She gets pissed off, says he's not there and to call him at work. She gives me the same number.

        So a day or two later, I call again, but at like 7 at night. This time a guy picks up. He sounds old.

        "Hey Art, it's Rob! How ya doin?"

        "Oh, hey Rob, I'm alright how about yourself?"

        "I'm doing great! How's the family?"

        "They're good, they're good..."

        "So... Why'd you move the Browns?"

        "...Who is this?"

        Then the rest of the conversation up there happened.

        medicinemanM 1 Reply Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

          It's a long story. Took about a week of calling for him to pick up. But I really believe that the number that I was calling belonged to Art Modell.

          First few times I called, I got some foreign (Hispanic) woman answering the phone saying that he wasn't in. Not surprising, it was in between our 3-a-days and he was probably at work. I asked for his work number, the number that she gave me was to the Ravens' front office. I tried to think of a way I could prank them, but everything seemed like it'd get shot down pretty quickly. I call a few days later. A woman (sounds white, young, pissed off) possibly a wife, or mistress, or daughter... Anyways, I tell her my name's Rob from NFL Europe and that I wanted to talk to Art about a few prospects from the Barcelona Dragons. She gets pissed off, says he's not there and to call him at work. She gives me the same number.

          So a day or two later, I call again, but at like 7 at night. This time a guy picks up. He sounds old.

          "Hey Art, it's Rob! How ya doin?"

          "Oh, hey Rob, I'm alright how about yourself?"

          "I'm doing great! How's the family?"

          "They're good, they're good..."

          "So... Why'd you move the Browns?"

          "...Who is this?"

          Then the rest of the conversation up there happened.

          medicineman medicinemanM
          • 2k Posts
          • 185 Reputation
          medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @vaportrail said:

          It's a long story. Took about a week of calling for him to pick up. But I really believe that the number that I was calling belonged to Art Modell.

          First few times I called, I got some foreign (Hispanic) woman answering the phone saying that he wasn't in. Not surprising, it was in between our 3-a-days and he was probably at work. I asked for his work number, the number that she gave me was to the Ravens' front office. I tried to think of a way I could prank them, but everything seemed like it'd get shot down pretty quickly. I call a few days later. A woman (sounds white, young, pissed off) possibly a wife, or mistress, or daughter... Anyways, I tell her my name's Rob from NFL Europe and that I wanted to talk to Art about a few prospects from the Barcelona Dragons. She gets pissed off, says he's not there and to call him at work. She gives me the same number.

          So a day or two later, I call again, but at like 7 at night. This time a guy picks up. He sounds old.

          "Hey Art, it's Rob! How ya doin?"

          "Oh, hey Rob, I'm alright how about yourself?"

          "I'm doing great! How's the family?"

          "They're good, they're good..."

          "So... Why'd you move the Browns?"

          "...Who is this?"

          Then the rest of the conversation up there happened.

          So all this IS your fault!!!! You SOB Im going to kick your A** lmao
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • grimmreaper3 G
            • 91 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            G grimmreaper3 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Did you ask if he carried the game 'Battletoads?'

            Also, I imagine I won't have many more posts before I am banned from here, so I wish you farewell.

            Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • G grimmreaper3

              Did you ask if he carried the game 'Battletoads?'

              Also, I imagine I won't have many more posts before I am banned from here, so I wish you farewell.

              Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
              • 6k Posts
              • 221 Reputation
              Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @grimmreaper3 said:

              Did you ask if he carried the game 'Battletoads?'

              Also, I imagine I won't have many more posts before I am banned from here, so I wish you farewell.

              Your sig is funny, money to start a board. I started one for $7.95 and 20 minutes of time for fun. Wow it's so hard.

              LINK

              Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
              G 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                @grimmreaper3 said:

                Did you ask if he carried the game 'Battletoads?'

                Also, I imagine I won't have many more posts before I am banned from here, so I wish you farewell.

                Your sig is funny, money to start a board. I started one for $7.95 and 20 minutes of time for fun. Wow it's so hard.

                LINK

                grimmreaper3 G
                • 91 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                G grimmreaper3 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @kosar_for_president said:

                Your sig is funny, money to start a board. I started one for $7.95 and 20 minutes of time for fun. Wow it's so hard.

                LINK

                What? No, it's actually not a crack on Stan. I was copying Inspecta's sig and avatar (as everyone else was for a short time; you know, the body slam avatar?). It just so happens that our sigs are locked and you're not allowed to edit them, because I have tried to remove it.

                But continue to jump to conclusions if it pleases you.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                Theme
                • System
                • Light
                • Dark
                The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Forums
                • Recent
                • Popular
                • Users
                • Donate