Skip to content

Kokinis Escorted From Office

The Browns Board
68 37 5.9k
  • @vaportrail said:

    Fuk off FOS you dont know shit about football!!!111!one

    I don't know how to react yet. So I hope that comment will suffice.

    Once again I will point to this thread where I not only called out Mangini as worse than Romeo but also the fact that the GM was nowhere to be found.

    This GM and coach seem very out of touch. Don't be surprised if they are both fired by seasons end.

    Mangini VS Romeo

    @fan-of-steel-1 said:

    Once again I will point to this thread where I not only called out Mangini as worse than Romeo but also the fact that the GM was nowhere to be found.

    Mangini VS Romeo

    I was joking. But I really don't know how to react to this yet.

  • What must Phil Savage be thinking tonight, I am sure he will open his mouth to someone.

  • It's obvious that Bernie knows football, but you don't just bring in a guy and stick him in the all-important GM role. That would be an Al Davis-type move.

    I'm not a fan of Kokinis - given how invisible he's been, how could one be? -- but it's just weird that you have a situation with a wannabe svengali as coach who apparently has all the power, and an invisible GM, and the GM gets the axe. The only thing I can think of is that Lerner had enough of Kokinis' invisibility and has decided to bring in a VP Ops and a new GM after the year, then let that person make a decision on Mangini, or like you said... Kokinis did something behind the scenes to merit the firing.

    When is the last time a GM was fired in the middle of a season? I'm sure it's happened, but it seems a bit unusual...

  • Phil Savage probably won't be thinking about how awful his drafts were.

  • It's obvious that Bernie knows football, but you don't just bring in a guy and stick him in the all-important GM role. That would be an Al Davis-type move.

    I'm not a fan of Kokinis - given how invisible he's been, how could one be? -- but it's just weird that you have a situation with a wannabe svengali as coach who apparently has all the power, and an invisible GM, and the GM gets the axe. The only thing I can think of is that Lerner had enough of Kokinis' invisibility and has decided to bring in a VP Ops and a new GM after the year, then let that person make a decision on Mangini, or like you said... Kokinis did something behind the scenes to merit the firing.

    When is the last time a GM was fired in the middle of a season? I'm sure it's happened, but it seems a bit unusual...

    @edwardg said:

    It's obvious that Bernie knows football, but you don't just bring in a guy and stick him in the all-important GM role. That would be an Al Davis-type move.

    I'm not a fan of Kokinis - given how invisible he's been, how could one be? -- but it's just weird that you have a situation with a wannabe svengali as coach who apparently has all the power, and an invisible GM, and the GM gets the axe. The only thing I can think of is that Lerner had enough of Kokinis' invisibility and has decided to bring in a VP Ops and a new GM after the year, then let that person make a decision on Mangini, or like you said... Kokinis did something behind the scenes to merit the firing.

    When is the last time a GM was fired in the middle of a season? I'm sure it's happened, but it seems a bit unusual...

    Oh boy I think we just became a joke.

  • @edwardg said:

    It's obvious that Bernie knows football, but you don't just bring in a guy and stick him in the all-important GM role. That would be an Al Davis-type move.

    I'm not a fan of Kokinis - given how invisible he's been, how could one be? -- but it's just weird that you have a situation with a wannabe svengali as coach who apparently has all the power, and an invisible GM, and the GM gets the axe. The only thing I can think of is that Lerner had enough of Kokinis' invisibility and has decided to bring in a VP Ops and a new GM after the year, then let that person make a decision on Mangini, or like you said... Kokinis did something behind the scenes to merit the firing.

    When is the last time a GM was fired in the middle of a season? I'm sure it's happened, but it seems a bit unusual...

    Oh boy I think we just became a joke.

    @reginabrownsfan said:

    Oh boy I think we just became a joke.

    Just became!? Dude have you seen the past 10 years?

  • there has to be more to this. kokinas did something to piss lerner off. maybe he wouldn't listen to him or was insubordinate but this is not just a terrible record with terrible players thing. i am waiting to hear more about it really.

  • We have the worst offense in football, under a rookie Offensive Coordinator, so we fire the GM.

    Mangini, Ryan and I believe there is another coach on-staff that have Defensive Coordinator experience. Look for an Offensive minded GM-type to come in.

    That's not Cowher.

  • New GM: The Chin

    bill_cowher_mouth.jpg

    New President of Football Operations: TUNA!

    bill+parcells.jpg

  • New GM: The Chin

    bill_cowher_mouth.jpg

    New President of Football Operations: TUNA!

    bill+parcells.jpg

    @bonedawg said:

    New GM: The Chin

    bill_cowher_mouth.jpg

    New President of Football Operations: TUNA!

    bill%20parcells.jpg

    why would Parcells leave Miami for Cleveland?

  • New GM: The Chin

    bill_cowher_mouth.jpg

    New President of Football Operations: TUNA!

    bill+parcells.jpg

    @bonedawg said:

    New GM: The Chin

    bill_cowher_mouth.jpg

    New President of Football Operations: TUNA!

    bill%20parcells.jpg

    I would cum in my pants.

  • how much does Learner have to dish out in severance pay??? Good God it has to be a tremendous amount....this organization is horrid and a joke

  • Rumor on the street is that:

    New president of football operations would be:

    schmarty_feature.jpg

    And GM would be:

    122445_feature.jpg

    Come on, folks, put two and two together.

  • Why Kokinis? Why now?

    I figured Kokinis would be instrumental in preparing us for the Draft.

    @atenears said:

    Why Kokinis? Why now?

    I figured Kokinis would be instrumental in preparing us for the Draft.

    Exactly. They are not happy with what happened in the last draft and want to install someone who can prepare us for the draft before the season is out. Mack and Robiski aren't exactly lighting things up.

  • Kosar will be GM folks.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Kosar will be GM folks.

    I sure hope not. I don't want to ride in a car with a drunk at the wheel! I can see it now, Bernie slurring during the NFL draft explaining how how traded all our draft picks for a 12 pack of PBR and a washed up qb.

  • The only reason I've come up with is Kokinis felt we should keep Quinn on the bench, save the $11 million and play for the draft pick. Lose as many now to get the pick??? Only reason I see that could set Lerner off to fire the guy.

  • Wise move on Kokinis' part to get the hell out of there or just hapilly take the escort... the whole thing was a lose lose scenario for him right from the start...

    Lerner made the mistake of making his coach GM - making Mangini the defacto GM and letting Mangini be the one to hire Kokinis

    Kokins therefore gets the blame if things go bad and none of the credit if anything should go right.

    Ulitmately this is a slap in the face to the defacto GM as well - the coach - but it will be interesting to see if Mangini truly did throw Kokinis under the bus... that would not be good for Mangini personally if that were the case, as he's pretty suspect in his degree of loyalty to any organization in the first place... seeing him throw a hand-picked lieutenant on a grenade wouldn't exactly give him the hallmark of a respected leader... then again he probably lost that on the bus trip to Hartford and the $1700 waterbottle fine.

    If Mangini did throw Kokinis under the bus, file it away as another great MangIdiot moment... as Mangnini's the defacto GM himself, and hand-picked Kokinis - and presumably had authority over all personnel moves - this doesn't cast him in the best light.

    And that light gets even dimmer when one steps back and appreciate's MangIdiot demonstrating that great leadership quality of throwing a loyal lieutenant on a grenade to save himself.

    It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

  • think we will know anything tomorrow morning? or is that too soon?

  • Before Kokinis it was Erin O'Brien who got booted out by Lerner.

    Im wondering if this was due to the water bottle fine and other BS the players had to deal with other than learning their playbooks.

    Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini's trusted confidante Erin O'Brien has been fired, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

    It's a negative sign for Mangini's clout and job security.

    O'Brien, who came with Mangini from the New York Jets, was in charge of travel arrangements, but botched the transportation for the team's medical workers.

    According to the Browns, O'Brien officially resigned for "personal reasons."

    However, she apparently had "burned so many bridges" her job was unsavable.

    A potential target for Browns owner Randy Lerner is former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher.

    here

  • Here are Peter King's latest twitter entries:

    Just heard from a scouting friend that George Kokinis has been miserable in Cleveland. He wasn't shocked.

    The problem for Kokinis: If you're going to move to be a GM, you need authority. Mangini had it in Cle. Kokinis should have stayed in Balt.

    Browns owner Randy Lerner now finds self in unenviable spot of finding a front-office honcho to pair with Mangini. Not exactly a great gig.

    I mean, how many more high-paid people can the Browns fire? They still owe PSavage 3.5 years' salary! They owe fired employees over $20m.

    http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing

    Beanpot