Skip to content

Steeler fan @ browns game

The Browns Board
90 27 6.0k
  • I know who im going to call if I ever get to phone a friend on Millionaire lol

  • FREAKofSTEEL08 said:

    Do you want me to tell you again what NFL Titles are ??? NATOIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE Championships !!! How many NFL TITLES ??? Quit !!! You have 4 !! No one gives a freak that you had an NFL Caliber MINOR League Team !!! And good lord I KNOW your "The Gipper" but did they even have Helmets in the 20 `s ??? Screw that. Modern Football is a different Game . I will Give you the 50`s. But Its its NOT an NFL Title we dont CARE !!!

    Yea, that minor League team whipped the NFL Champions 35-10 in their very first game in the NFL, and went on to appear in 7 or the next 8 championship games. Compared to the Browns, it was the NFL that was the Minor League.

    (And as I have documented before, it was only Bert Bell's bitterness, resentment, and embarassment over that ass kicking as the motivation for the NFL's refusal to "recognize" the AAFC titles....The Browns didn't need his recognition...they just needed to kick the rest of the NFLs asses....and that they did.

    And when you say that "Modern Football is a different game" then you have to start 'Modern Football" sometime in the mid 80s. That is when all the rules changes were made, when Free agency was instituted, when the new training and nutitional methods came about. The fact is, the football of the 70s was hardly changed at all from the football of the 40s and 50s. Example, the size of the Steeler offensive and defensive linemen of their 70s teams was on average almost exactly the same as the size of the Browns 40s and 50s linemen. However, compared to today, the Steelers linemen of that time are on average about 50-60 pounds lighter. The bump and run rules of course were eliminated in the early 80s (thus allowing the 49ers West Coast offenses to thrive. The offenses of the 70s were very similar to the 40s/50s offenses. Believe it or not, the one offense that was slightly different was the Browns offense....Otto Graham actually ran what amounted to a West Coast offense. I mean, Bill Walsh learned the WCO concepts when he was an assistant coach to Paul Brown.

    In essence, if you want to discard older titles, you need to discard everything before about 1982 when the collective bargaining agreement began the Free Agency period.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, that minor League team whipped the NFL Champions 35-10 in their very first game in the NFL, and went on to appear in 7 or the next 8 championship games. Compared to the Browns, it was the NFL that was the Minor League.

    (And as I have documented before, it was only Bert Bell's bitterness, resentment, and embarassment over that ass kicking as the motivation for the NFL's refusal to "recognize" the AAFC titles....The Browns didn't need his recognition...they just needed to kick the rest of the NFLs asses....and that they did.

    And when you say that "Modern Football is a different game" then you have to start 'Modern Football" sometime in the mid 80s. That is when all the rules changes were made, when Free agency was instituted, when the new training and nutitional methods came about. The fact is, the football of the 70s was hardly changed at all from the football of the 40s and 50s. Example, the size of the Steeler offensive and defensive linemen of their 70s teams was on average almost exactly the same as the size of the Browns 40s and 50s linemen. However, compared to today, the Steelers linemen of that time are on average about 50-60 pounds lighter. The bump and run rules of course were eliminated in the early 80s (thus allowing the 49ers West Coast offenses to thrive. The offenses of the 70s were very similar to the 40s/50s offenses. Believe it or not, the one offense that was slightly different was the Browns offense....Otto Graham actually ran what amounted to a West Coast offense. I mean, Bill Walsh learned the WCO concepts when he was an assistant coach to Paul Brown.

    In essence, if you want to discard older titles, you need to discard everything before about 1982 when the collective bargaining agreement began the Free Agency period.

    It doesnt Matter ...the AAFC Titles were NOT NFL Titles. You have 4. And you team was build through Money and recruiting to be an Instant success ... the power of Paul Brown at that time. Impressive yes it was . And Modern Football started when You had Helmets and Face masks. And NFL rules change EVERY YEAR Genius. I Told you agree to disagree. I think your wrong , you think I`m wrong. Oh well. Keep yapping all you want , it doesn't make you right , just obstinate !!! And it was MORE than Bert Bell OR THe NFL would have rectified that by now. Dream the hell on Gip... thats all you have .

  • AAFC Titles were backyard football games with 7 crappy teams.

    After claiming 12 or 13 so called championships you guys must have been good. Why have you never showed up in a Super Bowl if you were "so good?"

  • Formerly Stone said:

    And they wonder why the rest of the league sees them as ignorant 😳

    Not to worry, she's probably tougher than most of them anyway!

    Seriously, I have gone to the Browns/Steelers with my better half and we wore Steeler gear. There will be those assholes who will say something but just ignore them, don't be an ass yourself, and you will be fine.

    my dad always said " if you argue with an idiot you become an idiot" It makes sense.

  • Im going to the game on Dec. 10 my gf is a steelers fan. what are the do's and dont's for steelers fans to not do or say while there.

    Really dont feel like getting into a fight.

    @drake54 said:

    Im going to the game on Dec. 10 my gf is a steelers fan. what are the do's and dont's for steelers fans to not do or say while there.

    Really dont feel like getting into a fight.

    Why? ask Why?

    Run!!!! Your still a Free Man.

  • if you are scared buy a dog

  • FormerlyStone, can't you keep this kid on a leash or something?

    He's making the rest of you look bad.

  • Im going to the game on Dec. 10 my gf is a steelers fan. what are the do's and dont's for steelers fans to not do or say while there.

    Really dont feel like getting into a fight.

    @drake54 said:

    Im going to the game on Dec. 10 my gf is a steelers fan. what are the do's and dont's for steelers fans to not do or say while there.

    Really dont feel like getting into a fight.

    The only game I went to was back in the late 80's. I was walking through a bunch of people tailgating (with my boomer esiason jersey on). Someone shouted "the bengals suck". I walked over to a group of guys where I thought it came from.

    They were brown fans, some with that dog mask on their head. There were about 6-7 of them. I axed who yelled that. One drunkard stumbled foward and said "I did MF". I backed handed him and knocked a couple of his teeth out. As he sat on the ground sobbing, I said "does anyone else have anything to say?" No one said nothing. I said "I didn't think so" and walked on. Other than that I had a pretty good time.

  • @drake54 said:

    Im going to the game on Dec. 10 my gf is a steelers fan. what are the do's and dont's for steelers fans to not do or say while there.

    Really dont feel like getting into a fight.

    The only game I went to was back in the late 80's. I was walking through a bunch of people tailgating (with my boomer esiason jersey on). Someone shouted "the bengals suck". I walked over to a group of guys where I thought it came from.

    They were brown fans, some with that dog mask on their head. There were about 6-7 of them. I axed who yelled that. One drunkard stumbled foward and said "I did MF". I backed handed him and knocked a couple of his teeth out. As he sat on the ground sobbing, I said "does anyone else have anything to say?" No one said nothing. I said "I didn't think so" and walked on. Other than that I had a pretty good time.

    berniesipe said:

    The only game I went to was back in the late 80's. I was walking through a bunch of people tailgating (with my boomer esiason jersey on). Someone shouted "the bengals suck". I walked over to a group of guys where I thought it came from.

    They were brown fans, some with that dog mask on their head. There were about 6-7 of them. I axed who yelled that. One drunkard stumbled foward and said "I did MF". I backed handed him and knocked a couple of his teeth out. As he sat on the ground sobbing, I said "does anyone else have anything to say?" No one said nothing. I said "I didn't think so" and walked on. Other than that I had a pretty good time.

    The Bungles suck.

  • FormerlyStone, can't you keep this kid on a leash or something?

    He's making the rest of you look bad.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    FormerlyStone, can't you keep this kid on a leash or something?

    He's making the rest of you look bad.

    Yea she is.

  • berniesipe said:

    The only game I went to was back in the late 80's. I was walking through a bunch of people tailgating (with my boomer esiason jersey on). Someone shouted "the bengals suck". I walked over to a group of guys where I thought it came from.

    They were brown fans, some with that dog mask on their head. There were about 6-7 of them. I axed who yelled that. One drunkard stumbled foward and said "I did MF". I backed handed him and knocked a couple of his teeth out. As he sat on the ground sobbing, I said "does anyone else have anything to say?" No one said nothing. I said "I didn't think so" and walked on. Other than that I had a pretty good time.

    The Bungles suck.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    The Bungles suck.

    You should come over and start rooting for the bengals. At least we can beat the stoolers!

    Carson palmer = league mvp!

  • AAFC Titles were backyard football games with 7 crappy teams.

    After claiming 12 or 13 so called championships you guys must have been good. Why have you never showed up in a Super Bowl if you were "so good?"

    @djhero said:

    AAFC Titles were backyard football games with 7 crappy teams.

    After claiming 12 or 13 so called championships you guys must have been good. Why have you never showed up in a Super Bowl if you were "so good?"

    That was then, this is now. Yea, those teams were so crappy, all they did was whip the ass of the NFL teams just about each and every time they met.

    If they were so crappy, how come the Steelers could never beat them?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea, that minor League team whipped the NFL Champions 35-10 in their very first game in the NFL, and went on to appear in 7 or the next 8 championship games. Compared to the Browns, it was the NFL that was the Minor League.

    (And as I have documented before, it was only Bert Bell's bitterness, resentment, and embarassment over that ass kicking as the motivation for the NFL's refusal to "recognize" the AAFC titles....The Browns didn't need his recognition...they just needed to kick the rest of the NFLs asses....and that they did.

    And when you say that "Modern Football is a different game" then you have to start 'Modern Football" sometime in the mid 80s. That is when all the rules changes were made, when Free agency was instituted, when the new training and nutitional methods came about. The fact is, the football of the 70s was hardly changed at all from the football of the 40s and 50s. Example, the size of the Steeler offensive and defensive linemen of their 70s teams was on average almost exactly the same as the size of the Browns 40s and 50s linemen. However, compared to today, the Steelers linemen of that time are on average about 50-60 pounds lighter. The bump and run rules of course were eliminated in the early 80s (thus allowing the 49ers West Coast offenses to thrive. The offenses of the 70s were very similar to the 40s/50s offenses. Believe it or not, the one offense that was slightly different was the Browns offense....Otto Graham actually ran what amounted to a West Coast offense. I mean, Bill Walsh learned the WCO concepts when he was an assistant coach to Paul Brown.

    In essence, if you want to discard older titles, you need to discard everything before about 1982 when the collective bargaining agreement began the Free Agency period.

    It doesnt Matter ...the AAFC Titles were NOT NFL Titles. You have 4. And you team was build through Money and recruiting to be an Instant success ... the power of Paul Brown at that time. Impressive yes it was . And Modern Football started when You had Helmets and Face masks. And NFL rules change EVERY YEAR Genius. I Told you agree to disagree. I think your wrong , you think I`m wrong. Oh well. Keep yapping all you want , it doesn't make you right , just obstinate !!! And it was MORE than Bert Bell OR THe NFL would have rectified that by now. Dream the hell on Gip... thats all you have .

    FREAKofSTEEL08 said:

    It doesnt Matter ...the AAFC Titles were NOT NFL Titles. You have 4. And you team was build through Money and recruiting to be an Instant success ... the power of Paul Brown at that time. Impressive yes it was . And Modern Football started when You had Helmets and Face masks. And NFL rules change EVERY YEAR Genius. I Told you agree to disagree. I think your wrong , you think I`m wrong. Oh well. Keep yapping all you want , it doesn't make you right , just obstinate !!! And it was MORE than Bert Bell OR THe NFL would have rectified that by now. Dream the hell on Gip... thats all you have .

    Its not an issue of right or wrong. It is an issue of fact. I have listed facts after facts after facts. I didn't create these facts.

    I think perhaps you should peruse the lists I provided, and tell us which one of those should not count because they don't suit your myopic view.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    That's a rhetorical question, right?

    Besides, for the guys who can spin and twist reality like no other how bout this tid-bit.......the Browns only won three world "titles" (50, 54, and 55) not four! WOW! That's a long time ago! And these were back when there were four teams and they wore beanines instead of helmets. The Bills won the AFL title in 1964 so there was no undisputed champion. But Browns fans don't seem to think that should count.......gee go figure!

    The Bills title in 1964 and in 1965 count just as much as the Steelers 2008 title, or the Browns 1964 title. It is the person who does NOT wish to recognize these titles who is the one who wishes to "twist reality".

    Both the Browns and the Bills (and all the other AFL and NFL teams from 1960 to 1966 and the AAFC and NFL teams from 1946-1949) each get their due. They won the championship they won under the rules they were forced to play under at the time. Just as the ABA and NBA teams won titles under the rules in place at the time, just as the NHL and WHL teams won titles under rules that they were forced to play under at the time.

    I am glad that all these leagues came together to resolve the question of dual championships and resolved to implement a system to determine a single champion, but, that doesn't mean the titles they won merely go away because of that resolution...or because your ilk is too ignorant to accept them. Your ignorance and prejudice doesn't determine anything but the state of your own mind. It has nothing to do with the reality of the world.

  • @djhero said:

    AAFC Titles were backyard football games with 7 crappy teams.

    After claiming 12 or 13 so called championships you guys must have been good. Why have you never showed up in a Super Bowl if you were "so good?"

    That was then, this is now. Yea, those teams were so crappy, all they did was whip the ass of the NFL teams just about each and every time they met.

    If they were so crappy, how come the Steelers could never beat them?

    @the-gipper said:

    That was then, this is now. Yea, those teams were so crappy, all they did was whip the ass of the NFL teams just about each and every time they met.

    If they were so crappy, how come the Steelers could never beat them?

    Apparently WE Sucked at the time !!

  • the best QB's come from PA.

    Marino, Kelly, Montana, Namath, Starr..

    Now Ben is in the PA fold and is winning super bowls and keeping up the PA football tradition..

    oops, I forgot George Blanda...

  • the best QB's come from PA.

    Marino, Kelly, Montana, Namath, Starr..

    Now Ben is in the PA fold and is winning super bowls and keeping up the PA football tradition..

    oops, I forgot George Blanda...

    @djhero said:

    the best QB's come from PA.

    Marino, Kelly, Montana, Namath, Starr..

    Now Ben is in the PA fold and is winning super bowls and keeping up the PA football tradition..

    oops, I forgot George Blanda...

    Ben was born in Lima, Ohio and Bart Starr was born in Montgomery, Alabama.

  • my mistake.. it was Unitas instead of Starr.

    Ben was born in Lima, Ohio but only succeeded with the Steelers from PA..

    Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana..

  • Being from P.A. is nothing to be proud of. Hell I hate to even admit I used to work at the Pittsburgh airport because the people around there are so screwed up its sicking.

  • i was at the thursday night game in december at your place several years ago.....i was sporting my brand new leather browns football jacket.....

    me an my boy were nervous but we were frosty...

    the game was over in the first quarter...

    all in all we were treated with respect and dignity...

    some of the home fans bought us some beers...

    hope you are exposed to the same type hospitality in Cleveland