Skip to content

Toilet Bowl '09: Browns vs. Lions

The Browns Board
36 20 2.2k
  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by bonedawg
    #1

    We all know this is going to be an epic battle between two titans of the NFL. Here are both teams' stats coming into this week (spoiler: we're worse!)

    Offense

    Detroit Rank 26th Total Yards-2645 YDS/G-293.9 Pass-1717 Rush-928 Points-143 Points/G-15.9

    Cleveland Rank 32nd Total Yards-1929 YDS/G-214.3 Pass-1046 Rush-883 Points-78 Points/G-8.7

    Defense

    Detroit Rank 31st Yards Allowed-3476 YDS/G-386.2 Pass-2445 Rush-1031 Points-264 Points/G-29.3

    Cleveland Rank 32nd Yard Allowed-3547 YDS/G-394.1 Pass-2055 Rush-1492 Points-225 Points/G-25.0

  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #2

    crap.

  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #3

    The fact that we are averaging 8.7 points per game is the most pathetic stat I have ever seen. To put it into perspective, the 0-16 Lions averaged 16.8 points per game. Thank God for that 6-3 win against Buffalo.

  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #4

    when the hell did we score over 8 points?

  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #5

    We scored some garbage-time points in the Vikings game that inflated the stat.

  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #6

    oh.

    it's seriously pretty sad that i don't remember us actually scoring that many points.

    not a good sign. yeah. we got up to like 13 against them. shoot.

  • mohicanM mohican wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Its that Cinci overtime loss game that skewed our stats.....

  • Its that Cinci overtime loss game that skewed our stats.....

    B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @mohican said:

    Its that Cinci overtime loss game that skewed our stats.....

    Forgot about that one. We almost looked like a NFL team in that game.

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #9

    this is our superbowl people.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I don't expect to beat the Lions. They can at least score.

  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #11

    We're getting +3 1/2 points against them. The sad thing is that I probably wouldn't take that bet.

  • The fact that we are averaging 8.7 points per game is the most pathetic stat I have ever seen. To put it into perspective, the 0-16 Lions averaged 16.8 points per game. Thank God for that 6-3 win against Buffalo.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @bonedawg said:

    The fact that we are averaging 8.7 points per game is the most pathetic stat I have ever seen. To put it into perspective, the 0-16 Lions averaged 16.8 points per game. Thank God for that 6-3 win against Buffalo.

    I posted this elsewhere, but if we keep up that scoring pace, it will be the lowest in modern football history. It works out to 139 for the year. The record for fewest points in a 16 game season is 143, held by the Indianapolis Colts. Hey, if were going to stink, might as well set a few all-time records on the way. 🙂

  • @bonedawg said:

    The fact that we are averaging 8.7 points per game is the most pathetic stat I have ever seen. To put it into perspective, the 0-16 Lions averaged 16.8 points per game. Thank God for that 6-3 win against Buffalo.

    I posted this elsewhere, but if we keep up that scoring pace, it will be the lowest in modern football history. It works out to 139 for the year. The record for fewest points in a 16 game season is 143, held by the Indianapolis Colts. Hey, if were going to stink, might as well set a few all-time records on the way. 🙂

    B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @hoorta said:

    I posted this elsewhere, but if we keep up that scoring pace, it will be the lowest in modern football history. It works out to 139 for the year. The record for fewest points in a 16 game season is 143, held by the Indianapolis Colts. Hey, if were going to stink, might as well set a few all-time records on the way. 🙂

    Amazing stat. I mean we are going to break all time lows that go back to before passing was introduced into the game of football.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    We need to win a game or two so we can avoid the pressure of the #1 pick. Something tells me we can't handle the top pick again 😠

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I hate to say it but I think the lions are going to crush us. Are defense is tough but our offense can't produce anything.

  • M mario wrote on last edited by
    #16

    i already said a week ago the Lions would beat us. We have no single weapon on offense, we traded our two weapons. They have a awesome reciever and a few decent ones to go along with him. The Lions issue is they needed a QB at a bad time. This past draft had no real stand out QB... kind of like the Russel/quinn draft.

  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Final Score

    Lions 3

    Browns 2

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I think the Lions will get it up around 30 points...they aren't that bad.

  • I think the Lions will get it up around 30 points...they aren't that bad.

    B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @ballpeen said:

    I think the Lions will get it up around 30 points...they aren't that bad.

    I was giving a little credit to our defense after playing semi-professional ball last monday.

  • @hoorta said:

    I posted this elsewhere, but if we keep up that scoring pace, it will be the lowest in modern football history. It works out to 139 for the year. The record for fewest points in a 16 game season is 143, held by the Indianapolis Colts. Hey, if were going to stink, might as well set a few all-time records on the way. 🙂

    Amazing stat. I mean we are going to break all time lows that go back to before passing was introduced into the game of football.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #20

    @bonedawg said:

    Amazing stat. I mean we are going to break all time lows that go back to before passing was introduced into the game of football.

    It's modern football history 16 game season. 🙂 I'm too lazy to look up the exact year, and numbers- but the Cincinnati Reds yes, there was an NFL team by that name- set the all time record back in the 1930's. And that's how many points they scored- like 35 or so, that's for the season, not a game.