Troy Smith for QB
-
No way. He is to short. Yeah he may have won the Heisman but he will never be a great Pro.
No way. He is to short. Yeah he may have won the Heisman but he will never be a great Pro.
I'm not saying that Troy Smith is the answer for the Browns. But, I will say that the knock on Drew Brees was that he is too short...I don't think that you have a very good argument there!
-
Troy Smith? Tim Tebow? I don't even know whether people are being serious at this point.
-
No way. He is to short. Yeah he may have won the Heisman but he will never be a great Pro.
No way. He is to short. Yeah he may have won the Heisman but he will never be a great Pro.
Drew Brees?
-
-
you guys seriously need to stop with this "let's try another rookie"
STOP.
it's not a way we're going. Think and dream about it all you want, most of us simply don't see it happening.
(but then again.................this is Cleveland...)
-
He has a Heisman lol mm?
So did Charlie Ward. And Gino Toretta. And Andre Ware?
Whats your point, exactly? WHat's that Heisman done for him in the NFL? Nada.....
So did Charlie Ward. And Gino Toretta. And Andre Ware?
Whats your point, exactly? WHat's that Heisman done for him in the NFL? Nada.....
My point was simply who was the better college QB.
-
So did Charlie Ward. And Gino Toretta. And Andre Ware?
Whats your point, exactly? WHat's that Heisman done for him in the NFL? Nada.....
My point was simply who was the better college QB.
My point was simply who was the better college QB.
Yep, Quinn was indeed the better QB. more yds, more tds, better college career numbers overall. now if ND only had a decent D
-
Drew Brees? I don't think anyone would mind him. Obviously, we have no one on our roster fit to carry his jock at this point.
-
-
Troy Smith? Tim Tebow? I don't even know whether people are being serious at this point.
I'm serious about Troy Smith. John Harbaugh was ALL kinds of excited about him ready to be their starting QB for opening day last year when he was interviewed on the Mike and Mike show. Then out of nowhere, Smith came down with a serious throat infection and lost about 15-20 pounds. I don't think he practed for about a month and so they went with Flacco much sooner than they wanted to. Just like San Diego drafted the protoypical sized QB in round to represent their future over their much shorter Drew Brees. When Brees left San Diego for New Orleans - he also had a surgically repaired shoulder many other teams wanted no part of.
I think Troy just needs the right opportunity and it's not like we gotta break the bank. I'll bet you anything you want to bet he's already BETTER than Quinn; and the problem with that is Quinn and agent demand 20 times the cap space. Let's not act like we haven't already had to gag on Trent Doofus, Charlie's Fryes, Luke McCown, DA and various other forgettable acts.
I don't know about Tebow - he's kind of getting that same kind of Vince Young hate from all the experts holding Doritos bags and cold beers on game day. Meanwhile none of them consider his leadership skills and intangibles that won over 95% of his starts. What's the conviction again? That type of STYLE from that type of offense will never work in the NFL. Isn't that nonsense the REASON we sent our waterboys to watch Donovan McNabb's workout? He came out of the Veer Option Offense orchestrated by George DeLeone up at Syracuse. All the experts that watched Favre transition into stardom from the SAME exact college style of offense never once worried about transferrables. McNabb has only led his team to 5 NFC Championship Games because again he was NEVER going to work at the NFL level.
- Tom F.
-
I wouldn't mind seeing Troy Smith play for the Browns. I am after all, a big Buckeye fan. If he can play, let it be for the Browns. But if he can't, I hope I don't have to start hoping he gets cut by the Browns, cause I was a big Smith fan when he played for OSU.
I felt he out-played Vince Young in their few meetings (of course that could have been because the Buckeye's defense was so awesome.)
I'm tired of what I've seen out of the QB position for the last 10 years here in Cleveland, I'd be all for trying something new.
-
No way. He is to short. Yeah he may have won the Heisman but he will never be a great Pro.
No way. He is to short. Yeah he may have won the Heisman but he will never be a great Pro.
He's an inch taller than Drew Brees.
And don't be surprised if the Walrus brings in Seneca Wallace as a short-term bridge to Colt McCoy. He's shorter than either. And McCoy will be available in the second because he's 6'1. What was Montana? 6'1. Steve Young was about the same. Garcia barely scratched 6' and he was a very effective WCO QB. A true WCO doesn't need a 6'6 Anderson type standing in the pocket. The QB moves to create throwing lanes.
Smith is not a ridiculous idea. He's a more accurate passer than Quinn and has a stronger arm. Whoever talked about Quinn's superior numbers at ND isn't factoring in that Smith was only a two year starter. Which is really on Tressell.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login