Skip to content

ESPN pure Mangini Hate

The Browns Board
47 26 3.4k
  • http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4774598

    Lol, Cris Carter is a joke.

    He thinks Tom Cable deserves another year but Mangini doesn't.

  • http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4774598

    Lol, Cris Carter is a joke.

    He thinks Tom Cable deserves another year but Mangini doesn't.

    @dawgpound16 said:

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4774598

    Lol, Cris Carter is a joke.

    He thinks Tom Cable deserves another year but Mangini doesn't.

    I just posted this link in another thread. Cris Carter just proved to me that he is a biased moron who doesn't know shit about anything. The only reason he's even part of any broadcasting squad is because of his name. What a dumb asshole.

  • Really.The guy who's team just got 6 personal fouls and 2 players ejected deserves another year, but not the guy who's team is one of least penalizd teams in the NFL..has more than doubled the teams sack total from 2008..and a guy who's won 3 straight without even decent QB play' his team has played hard every week and not QUIT does't deserve another year..REALLY..I mean REALLY..Chris Carter can barely put together 5 words that make sense..He's a moron..period

  • If there is ONE NFL Coach who should be fired, it's Cable. His own out of control personality has obviously come through in his players. To me it is inconceivable that ANYONE would dare suggest that man deserves another year....but then he DOES work for the worst organization in the game.

    Mike

  • Really.The guy who's team just got 6 personal fouls and 2 players ejected deserves another year, but not the guy who's team is one of least penalizd teams in the NFL..has more than doubled the teams sack total from 2008..and a guy who's won 3 straight without even decent QB play' his team has played hard every week and not QUIT does't deserve another year..REALLY..I mean REALLY..Chris Carter can barely put together 5 words that make sense..He's a moron..period

    @peterbell said:

    Really.The guy who's team just got 6 personal fouls and 2 players ejected deserves another year, but not the guy who's team is one of least penalizd teams in the NFL..has more than doubled the teams sack total from 2008..and a guy who's won 3 straight without even decent QB play' his team has played hard every week and not QUIT does't deserve another year..REALLY..I mean REALLY..Chris Carter can barely put together 5 words that make sense..He's a moron..period

    It's all that coke he did in the 80's.

    Cris Carter sounds to me like a guy who hasn't been following the Browns for the last month.

    I think that win or lose next week,....if Eric Mangini is gone it's simply Mike Holmgren's ego saying he wants his own guys. I think that this team has played well over the last seven weeks and they won today because of their coaching.

    I don't know whether the delay of Mike Holmgren's press conference is because he's re-thinking the Mangini thing or whether it's a fait accomplit and he's just waiting for the end of the season because he's stirring up his first ****storm.

  • I hope the government investigates him for his "shoot the guy at the security desk and the guy in the back" analogy.

  • I hope the government investigates him for his "shoot the guy at the security desk and the guy in the back" analogy.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    I hope the government investigates him for his "shoot the guy at the security desk and the guy in the back" analogy.

    True, that struck me as an odd thing to say as well.

    Of course, if Mike Holmgren is getting advice from Bill Parcells (as Cris is implying) then Parcells would have already told him to keep Mangini.

  • WOW. This dude is a joke. It's no wonder he's not working for the NFL. From what I seen today it looked like the Raiders should be playing ball for a prison team rather then the NFL. You can tell it's pure hate when he said that Mangini couldn't even do anything with the jets. Seeing as how he took them to the playoff's a place where Tom Cable has NEVER been just proves he's full of shyt. Espically after saying Mangini needs to go and Cable deserves a second chance.

  • http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4774598

    Lol, Cris Carter is a joke.

    He thinks Tom Cable deserves another year but Mangini doesn't.

    @dawgpound16 said:

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4774598

    Lol, Cris Carter is a joke.

    He thinks Tom Cable deserves another year but Mangini doesn't.

    You can add Jay Glazer to the mix. He said there's a less than 50% chance Holmgren will keep Mangini, seemingly thinking Holmgren sees a bigger long term picture than wins against the likes of the Chiefs, Raiders and Bills.

    He apparently doesn't understand that Lerner and Holmgren both choosing to stay away from today's game is actually a huge vote of confidence for Mangini, showing that they both feel he's got things so well under control they don't need to be there in person.

  • I think mangini has earned another year with his 4th victory rather people like him or not ,the fact is we can see his plan finally coming together..i dont particularly like the man or buy into his "process" just yet but if holmgren keeps him and decides to go mangini's path im certainly not against it..daboll still has to go though...😉

    Even if holmgren does let the geni go i now think he will coach again somewhere else ,im elated that we have the right structure started now and fully understand if holmgren wants to do it his way from scratch...im game either way i just want the browns to play hard and make us proud as they have since the bye week...😉

  • What worries me is that if Holmgren does pull a dick move and fires Mangini, he will get another job instantly. And guess what? We'll lose Ryan also. So, we'll not only lose a really good head coach working in the right direction but we'll lose the best Defensive Coordinator we have ever had.

    If Holmgren dumps Mangini, I dump Hulmgren.

  • Of course, if Mike Holmgren is getting advice from Bill Parcells (as Cris is implying) then Parcells would have already told him to keep Mangini.

    Just curious why you say that Earl.

    I don't buy into this claim - Parcells brought in his own guy after Cameron was in Miami only 1 year. Also - at best Parcells has a distant association with Mangini. Maybe none.

    I still say that Mangini lacks grativas across the NFL and believe he will be shown the door after next weeks's game.

  • It will be a fun Jacksonville game especially how well and together we've played the last 5 weeks or so. not everyone hated Mangini, some of understood it was going to get worse before it got better, Hell I'm shocked he did it this fast..Mangini had a plan and despite the negative media, locally and nationally he had the balls to stick with his convictions and his plan..An average man would have folded under such over whelming pressure, but not Coach Mangini..the bulls**t about his ego was a figment of the media and based on NO FACTS. Coach is only concerned about giving us the best team possible, one with players that are good players and good character guys, that us and are kids can be proud of..I have kids and thats the kind of team I want my kids to love. not a bunch of selfish,egotistical,me players(insert names)..Mr. Learner better recognize there are a lot of us out there that believe and like what Mangini and is doing here in Clevland and rebuilding our great franchise.

  • What worries me is that if Holmgren does pull a dick move and fires Mangini, he will get another job instantly. And guess what? We'll lose Ryan also. So, we'll not only lose a really good head coach working in the right direction but we'll lose the best Defensive Coordinator we have ever had.

    If Holmgren dumps Mangini, I dump Hulmgren.

    @mopaji said:

    What worries me is that if Holmgren does pull a dick move and fires Mangini, he will get another job instantly. And guess what? We'll lose Ryan also. So, we'll not only lose a really good head coach working in the right direction but we'll lose the best Defensive Coordinator we have ever had.

    If Holmgren dumps Mangini, I dump Hulmgren.

    What is Ryan's D ranked?

    Whatever Holmgren does is fine, we stink.

  • @mopaji said:

    What worries me is that if Holmgren does pull a dick move and fires Mangini, he will get another job instantly. And guess what? We'll lose Ryan also. So, we'll not only lose a really good head coach working in the right direction but we'll lose the best Defensive Coordinator we have ever had.

    If Holmgren dumps Mangini, I dump Hulmgren.

    What is Ryan's D ranked?

    Whatever Holmgren does is fine, we stink.

    @hammertime said:

    What is Ryan's D ranked?

    Whatever Holmgren does is fine, we stink.

    Skrew the rankings. The only game we were able to run his scheme to the fullest was because we had 45mph wind gusts that allowed us to play man with our aweful CBs. You saw how that turned out. Once he gets quality players in here, he can out scheme the best OCs in the league. I'm not putting blind faith in anybody, even Holmgren, until he shows us he knows what is best for this team and shows he knows how to do this job. Losing Ryan or Mangini would be a terrible move.

  • Of course, if Mike Holmgren is getting advice from Bill Parcells (as Cris is implying) then Parcells would have already told him to keep Mangini.

    Just curious why you say that Earl.

    I don't buy into this claim - Parcells brought in his own guy after Cameron was in Miami only 1 year. Also - at best Parcells has a distant association with Mangini. Maybe none.

    I still say that Mangini lacks grativas across the NFL and believe he will be shown the door after next weeks's game.

    @chicopee-john said:

    Of course, if Mike Holmgren is getting advice from Bill Parcells (as Cris is implying) then Parcells would have already told him to keep Mangini.

    Just curious why you say that Earl.

    I don't buy into this claim - Parcells brought in his own guy after Cameron was in Miami only 1 year. Also - at best Parcells has a distant association with Mangini. Maybe none.

    I still say that Mangini lacks grativas across the NFL and believe he will be shown the door after next weeks's game.

    Because Bill Parcells and Eric Mangini have a long-standing relationship which is closer than "distant". See here

  • @chicopee-john said:

    Of course, if Mike Holmgren is getting advice from Bill Parcells (as Cris is implying) then Parcells would have already told him to keep Mangini.

    Just curious why you say that Earl.

    I don't buy into this claim - Parcells brought in his own guy after Cameron was in Miami only 1 year. Also - at best Parcells has a distant association with Mangini. Maybe none.

    I still say that Mangini lacks grativas across the NFL and believe he will be shown the door after next weeks's game.

    Because Bill Parcells and Eric Mangini have a long-standing relationship which is closer than "distant". See here

    @earl34 said:

    Because Bill Parcells and Eric Mangini have a long-standing relationship which is closer than "distant". See here

    I am on record as hoping (and expecting) Mangini's firing.

    However, given the circumstances of three wins in a row, I won't crucify anybody if he is given another season.

    Time will tell.

  • Cable has more wins than Mangini this year, against better opponents, and has won the games he has with JaMarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, and Charlie Frye starting at QB, and the Raiders have generally been more competitive than the Browns. He's a scumbag, but at this point he's a more successful scumbag.

    As for Rob Ryan, I disliked the hire at the beginning, and I still think he's the wrong guy for the job. His defenses were average at best in Oakland, and this year it's been mediocre on its best days. I don't care how much he jumps around on the sidelines; he can't scheme for crap, and hopefully he'll be one and done along with Daboll.

    As for Mangini, I'll trust Holmgren. If he thinks he can turn it around, I'll go along with it. My hunch is that Holmgren won't--looking at the games the Browns have won (and the way they've won), I never thought I'd say this, but this 4-11 team just isn't as good as their record indicates.

    Dennis

  • Cable has more wins than Mangini this year, against better opponents, and has won the games he has with JaMarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, and Charlie Frye starting at QB, and the Raiders have generally been more competitive than the Browns. He's a scumbag, but at this point he's a more successful scumbag.

    As for Rob Ryan, I disliked the hire at the beginning, and I still think he's the wrong guy for the job. His defenses were average at best in Oakland, and this year it's been mediocre on its best days. I don't care how much he jumps around on the sidelines; he can't scheme for crap, and hopefully he'll be one and done along with Daboll.

    As for Mangini, I'll trust Holmgren. If he thinks he can turn it around, I'll go along with it. My hunch is that Holmgren won't--looking at the games the Browns have won (and the way they've won), I never thought I'd say this, but this 4-11 team just isn't as good as their record indicates.

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    Cable has more wins than Mangini this year, against better opponents, and has won the games he has with JaMarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, and Charlie Frye starting at QB, and the Raiders have generally been more competitive than the Browns. He's a scumbag, but at this point he's a more successful scumbag.

    As for Rob Ryan, I disliked the hire at the beginning, and I still think he's the wrong guy for the job. His defenses were average at best in Oakland, and this year it's been mediocre on its best days. I don't care how much he jumps around on the sidelines; he can't scheme for crap, and hopefully he'll be one and done along with Daboll.

    As for Mangini, I'll trust Holmgren. If he thinks he can turn it around, I'll go along with it. My hunch is that Holmgren won't--looking at the games the Browns have won (and the way they've won), I never thought I'd say this, but this 4-11 team just isn't as good as their record indicates.

    Dennis

    On Rob Ryan......I don't really care what he did in Oakland. For the first time in many, many years, I see a pass rush from the Browns' defense. I see better tackling, and I see defenders in position to defend the pass better. Overall....I see the best defense that we have seen here for a while....and with not a lot of talent. Hopefully, you are wrong about Holmgren........and no....they are exactly where they should be.......4 - 11, and may end up 5 -12.......which is an improvement. It's too bad a lot of you guys can't or won't recognize the transformation that has taken place with this team under Mangini. I just don't get it.....why some are just obsessed with firing Mangini......with the distinct possibilty that we could get somebody a lot worse than him in here.

  • @dencyguy said:

    Cable has more wins than Mangini this year, against better opponents, and has won the games he has with JaMarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, and Charlie Frye starting at QB, and the Raiders have generally been more competitive than the Browns. He's a scumbag, but at this point he's a more successful scumbag.

    As for Rob Ryan, I disliked the hire at the beginning, and I still think he's the wrong guy for the job. His defenses were average at best in Oakland, and this year it's been mediocre on its best days. I don't care how much he jumps around on the sidelines; he can't scheme for crap, and hopefully he'll be one and done along with Daboll.

    As for Mangini, I'll trust Holmgren. If he thinks he can turn it around, I'll go along with it. My hunch is that Holmgren won't--looking at the games the Browns have won (and the way they've won), I never thought I'd say this, but this 4-11 team just isn't as good as their record indicates.

    Dennis

    On Rob Ryan......I don't really care what he did in Oakland. For the first time in many, many years, I see a pass rush from the Browns' defense. I see better tackling, and I see defenders in position to defend the pass better. Overall....I see the best defense that we have seen here for a while....and with not a lot of talent. Hopefully, you are wrong about Holmgren........and no....they are exactly where they should be.......4 - 11, and may end up 5 -12.......which is an improvement. It's too bad a lot of you guys can't or won't recognize the transformation that has taken place with this team under Mangini. I just don't get it.....why some are just obsessed with firing Mangini......with the distinct possibilty that we could get somebody a lot worse than him in here.

    @lodilobo said:

    I just don't get it.....why some are just obsessed with firing Mangini......with the distinct possibilty that we could get somebody a lot worse than him in here.

    With you 100% on this, in fact given recent trends it's not only a possibility but a probability that we get a coach much worse. After all, this is the first December since probably Mack and Byner that we have outrushed every team we played, and fairly significantly. Seems like we've been looking for a coach that can win with smashmouth football in December for a long time, at least I sure have.