2010 opponents
-
7 games against playoff teams. not bad. i'm excited to see who wins the superbowl this year because if it is any of the teams above, go ahead and mark an L down for them now.
7 games against playoff teams. not bad. i'm excited to see who wins the superbowl this year because if it is any of the teams above, go ahead and mark an L down for them now.
Didn't pissburgh win the superbowl last year? We beat them once this year. It's Cleveland so anything can happen. The way I see it, were either going to go 12-4 or 4-12. None of that 8-8 stuff next year.
-
7 games against playoff teams. not bad. i'm excited to see who wins the superbowl this year because if it is any of the teams above, go ahead and mark an L down for them now.
Didn't pissburgh win the superbowl last year? We beat them once this year. It's Cleveland so anything can happen. The way I see it, were either going to go 12-4 or 4-12. None of that 8-8 stuff next year.
Didn't pissburgh win the superbowl last year? We beat them once this year. It's Cleveland so anything can happen. The way I see it, were either going to go 12-4 or 4-12. None of that 8-8 stuff next year.
The reality is the path to 12 wins usually starts with 8-9 wins.
Not saying we can't do it at this point, but it isn't realistic either.
-
Timing is everything. We started off the year against established teams that were playing good ball at the time and quickly found ourselves in a bad hole. I'd love to see us start the year with a few managable games like Buffalo, Jax and Cincy before tackling elite teams like New Orleans and a Balt/Pitt road game.
With disciplined players, a good ground game and a strong defense we have a chance at meaningful football in December again.
-
are there any serious football people on this forum? 19-0 and superbowl. 14 and 2. 13 and 3. hey, if we double our wins next year it will be a monumental feat. but cmon be realistic. and when did the schedule for next year get released even before this year is done? i don't believe that schedule report. bogus.
are there any serious football people on this forum? 19-0 and superbowl. 14 and 2. 13 and 3. hey, if we double our wins next year it will be a monumental feat. but cmon be realistic. and when did the schedule for next year get released even before this year is done? i don't believe that schedule report. bogus.
How's the weather out there in Oregon???
-
Carolina will be much improved next season without Jake Delhomme throwing picks. The Saints scare me. New England isn't the same, but better than us. Let's not get carried away with predictions considering we don't know who our coach is or the roster.

-
are there any serious football people on this forum? 19-0 and superbowl. 14 and 2. 13 and 3. hey, if we double our wins next year it will be a monumental feat. but cmon be realistic. and when did the schedule for next year get released even before this year is done? i don't believe that schedule report. bogus.
How's the weather out there in Oregon???
How's the weather out there in Oregon???
wouldn't know. i know it's fing freezin in ny, though. nice avatar of gaydy quinn btw.
my biggest fear is the browns are awesome next year and get in the playoffs and seem like a team destined to make the turn, and all of a sudden there's no football in 2011. that's the luck of a browns fan.
-
Zombo said:
Holy crap, we play in Miami, Tampa and Jax? I can see three games without leaving my state!Zombo
I am going to check how cheap flights are to Fla next fall, maybe I can do a home and away fixture!! Zombo, can I sleep in your garage to keep costs down

-
My predictions were sent with my tongue firmly in cheek - just high on my Browns. The reality of course will hit home post draft / FA / Coach decisions but until then, I'k saying we rule next year.
-
are there any serious football people on this forum? 19-0 and superbowl. 14 and 2. 13 and 3. hey, if we double our wins next year it will be a monumental feat. but cmon be realistic. and when did the schedule for next year get released even before this year is done? i don't believe that schedule report. bogus.
are there any serious football people on this forum? 19-0 and superbowl. 14 and 2. 13 and 3. hey, if we double our wins next year it will be a monumental feat. but cmon be realistic. and when did the schedule for next year get released even before this year is done? i don't believe that schedule report. bogus.
It's on the official Cleveland Browns website, so it's not "bogus".
-
i hope that they do 3 packs of tickets again this year. i want to go to the steelers, pats, and falcons games.
-
Why do we play Jacksonville and KC again? I know there are supposed to be two random matchups but they arent random if u play them every damn year.
Why do we play Jacksonville and KC again? I know there are supposed to be two random matchups but they arent random if u play them every damn year.
The way the schedule is made out we rotate one AFC division and one NFC division for 8 games plus our 6 division games. The other two games are against the other two remaining AFC divisional teams in the same place in their division as the Browns (last place). Since KC and Jax both finished last in their divisions we play them.
For this reason Cinci will play Indy and San Diego - chaulk up 2 losses for them already for next year and stop bitchin about playing KC and Jax!!
On a side note, looking forward to seeing the Browns in Jax again, had a great time at the game 2 years ago!
-
Well, when you finish in last place you can usually count on an easy schedule.
What may be frightening to Holmgren is an easy schedule that makes even a bad coach look mediocre or even good.
If Holmgren's not fully sold on Mangini - and from the sounds of it he's not but wants to leave the impression that he's really giving Mangini a long hard look and fair chance to make his case - dumping Mangini after an 8-8 season is going to be very difficult given how ecstatic everyone in Cleveland is after a 5 win season.
With Holmgren's football ego riding on HIM gaining credit for turning the team around I can't see him keeping Mangini under such circumstances.
-
wow many of live in Tampa, I plan to go to 4 games next year
Tampa- since I live in tampa
Miami
Jax
and going to Cleveland for the Pitt game
-
i hope that they do 3 packs of tickets again this year. i want to go to the steelers, pats, and falcons games.
i hope that they do 3 packs of tickets again this year. i want to go to the steelers, pats, and falcons games.
i dont think they ever do steelers games in packages because they sell out regardless.
-
We do this every year as fans. As soon as the schedule is released we make our predictions. In all honesty, nobody can even guess what we'll be until week 3 of next year. That goes for every team in the league though, not just us. Injuries, draft, FAs, coaching changes just to name a few things that will effect each team. Although nobody can predict WHICH games we will beat, one can, without even looking at the schedule, expect if we keep Mangini a complete reversal in record. 11-5. And that's on the low end of the spectrum. If we bring in a new guy, 4-12. Rebuilding is a bitch. As Browns fans we know that better than anyone.
-
Why do we play Jacksonville and KC again? I know there are supposed to be two random matchups but they arent random if u play them every damn year.
Why do we play Jacksonville and KC again? I know there are supposed to be two random matchups but they arent random if u play them every damn year.
The scheduling of those teams is NOT random. They are on the Browns schedule because they are the last place teams in the divisions that are not on the regular schedule. The Browns are scheduled obviously to play the other 3 teams in their division twice, plus all the teams in the NFC South, plus all the teams in the AFC East, plus the two teams in the other AFC divisions (in this case the South and West) that occupied the same position as the Browns. (In other words, first place plays first place, last place plays last place, etc. KC and Jax were last place, like the Browns). Thus that is why we play them.
-
Zombo said:
Holy crap, we play in Miami, Tampa and Jax? I can see three games without leaving my state!Zombo
I am going to check how cheap flights are to Fla next fall, maybe I can do a home and away fixture!! Zombo, can I sleep in your garage to keep costs down

I am going to check how cheap flights are to Fla next fall, maybe I can do a home and away fixture!! Zombo, can I sleep in your garage to keep costs down
I'm in for a Florida Browns trip next season. Let's coordinate when the schedule comes out.
I bet my Candy Apple Red Chick Magnet Soccer Mom Van will look hot in the sun ... I'm 'cruising' down!
-
Sounds good...My bro is down there, so it is almost a given for me...maybe the schedule works out the Gators on Saturday and the Browns on Sunday. I can't think of a better weekend lineup of football than that.
-
7 games against playoff teams. not bad. i'm excited to see who wins the superbowl this year because if it is any of the teams above, go ahead and mark an L down for them now.
7 games against playoff teams. not bad. i'm excited to see who wins the superbowl this year because if it is any of the teams above, go ahead and mark an L down for them now.
yup just like pittsburg
-
wow many of live in Tampa, I plan to go to 4 games next year
Tampa- since I live in tampa
Miami
Jax
and going to Cleveland for the Pitt game
wow many of live in Tampa, I plan to go to 4 games next year
Tampa- since I live in tampa
Miami
Jax
and going to Cleveland for the Pitt game
Are T Bay tix easy to get? That would be a fun road rip.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login