Skip to content

Big Problem... Cribbs being snubbed

The Browns Board
36 26 2.5k
  • @buckeyebest2 said:

    its not a problem at all

    he has 3 options IMO

    A) takes what the browns offer him, shutup and play

    B ) just keeps the contract he has, shuts up and plays

    C) never plays another down in the NFL for 4 years by sitting or holding out since he didnt get a new contract and not getting traded or released

    I am pretty sure if Cribbs requested a trade, the Browns would trade him just like the Broncos traded Jay Cutler. So his options dramatically change. Teams are going to pay more than what we have offered him.

    I hope Lerner sees what is happening. We have plenty of money to PAY THE MAN.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    I am pretty sure if Cribbs requested a trade, the Browns would trade him just like the Broncos traded Jay Cutler. So his options dramatically change. Teams are going to pay more than what we have offered him.

    I hope Lerner sees what is happening. We have plenty of money to PAY THE MAN.

    nope they wouldnt

    the Cutler and Cribbs parts arent even comparable

    Cutler plays a position of interest at QB that controls the whole game

    Cribbs doesnt do anything well exept run and he has a at best 3rd round value which isnt worth trading

    no need to pay him more then he has gotten offered he doesnt deserve it

    maybe if he does something on offense or D that stands out then he should get paid

    untill then absolutley not

  • This....is....garbage.

  • With the angent saying other teams have said they will pay x to x amount doesn't that constitute tampering. The fact that other teams have told them that they would pay more than what we would, for a player that is under contract until 4 years from now.

  • Should I wait for OTA's, the draft, another season to prove my worth?... and

    Ok, enough of all that, I just hate being taken advantage of... Wooossaaaahh.. What else is new?

    some more things hes tweeting

  • Should I wait for OTA's, the draft, another season to prove my worth?... and

    Ok, enough of all that, I just hate being taken advantage of... Wooossaaaahh.. What else is new?

    some more things hes tweeting

    @why-cant-we-win said:

    Should I wait for OTA's, the draft, another season to prove my worth?... and

    Ok, enough of all that, I just hate being taken advantage of... Wooossaaaahh.. What else is new?

    some more things hes tweeting

    I really need a twitter.

    The second one hints that things have been resolved. Uh...have they?

  • Quick question, who is the highest paid kick returner in the NFL? Does JC's contract compare for the better or worse. If its for the worse than its a damn shame. He signed the contract a few years back and he should honor till its over, but if you were in his shoes now and you were out performing the other guys at your work that make more than you, don't you think you deserve more. If we pay him chump change in a deal then can He say, shit no i am not going to run the wild cat or play wr, I' m getting paid just to return that there ball from my side to that there other side. This stuff should have been a done deal already. I am however super excited to see who will return kicks for us next year if Josh is traded or holds out. The man gives field position and "excitment" which gives the Browns great moral.

  • New tweet: "Thanks for cheering me up I really needed it everyone, it feels like I've been betrayed by my best friend.."

  • Quick question, who is the highest paid kick returner in the NFL? Does JC's contract compare for the better or worse. If its for the worse than its a damn shame. He signed the contract a few years back and he should honor till its over, but if you were in his shoes now and you were out performing the other guys at your work that make more than you, don't you think you deserve more. If we pay him chump change in a deal then can He say, shit no i am not going to run the wild cat or play wr, I' m getting paid just to return that there ball from my side to that there other side. This stuff should have been a done deal already. I am however super excited to see who will return kicks for us next year if Josh is traded or holds out. The man gives field position and "excitment" which gives the Browns great moral.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Quick question, who is the highest paid kick returner in the NFL? Does JC's contract compare for the better or worse. If its for the worse than its a damn shame. He signed the contract a few years back and he should honor till its over, but if you were in his shoes now and you were out performing the other guys at your work that make more than you, don't you think you deserve more. If we pay him chump change in a deal then can He say, shit no i am not going to run the wild cat or play wr, I' m getting paid just to return that there ball from my side to that there other side. This stuff should have been a done deal already. I am however super excited to see who will return kicks for us next year if Josh is traded or holds out. The man gives field position and "excitment" which gives the Browns great moral.

    The problem for the Browns is Devin Hester set the ceiling for KRs- and it's mighty high. Like $5 million a year high. It isn't Josh's fault the Bears paid Hester stupid money. Couple other KRs in the $2 million+ range. Pay the JC $2.5 a mill year with say a $10 million signing bonus.

  • I think the Browns are playing this smart, some what. Look at Devin Hester...he had a few good years then BAM! no more Hester. This is true in most cases of kick returners...When they first come into the league they excel, but after a few years the quickness fades and they lose that step needed to go all the way.

    There are a few exceptions, like Brian Mitchell, but he was never as good as Josh Cribbs....but had a great career as a KR.

    However, Cribbs does deserve 2-4 million for at least 2 years. Good Luck

  • @next2nothing said:

    Ugh...

    I love what Cribbs has done for us and I hope he is able to work out a deal but this type of shit makes me sick.

    this is probably the most hillarious part of it all

    he Browns have offered Josh Cribbs an "insulting'' $1.4 million a year and his agents are warning that he'll leave the team for good if they don't pay him what he deserves.

    theres nothing they or cribbs can do and have no leverage the only thing they can do is retire and even then i think he has to stay retired for a few years since the browns would still have his contract rights

    They need to treat him fairly or he'll never play for the Browns again,'' said agent Peter Schaffer. "He will demand a trade and he will walk out of there and they won't see him for the off-season -- they won't see him ever again.''

    he can demand all he wants (or his agent can) but theres nothing they can do they have no leverage

    The proposal was for $1.4 million a year, not much more than what Cribbs is making now and well below that of other top kick returners in NFL. Four days later, they pulled the offer, saying Browns owner Randy Lerner wanted to wait until the new president was hired.

    this makes sence and Cribbs agents need to respect this and stop thinking they are above the browns

    those are just my opinions

    @buckeyebest2 said:

    this is probably the most hillarious part of it all

    he Browns have offered Josh Cribbs an "insulting'' $1.4 million a year and his agents are warning that he'll leave the team for good if they don't pay him what he deserves.

    theres nothing they or cribbs can do and have no leverage the only thing they can do is retire and even then i think he has to stay retired for a few years since the browns would still have his contract rights

    That isn't entirely true.

    Cribbs holds the cards of public opinion, and why they are playing them at this time, because it is the only cards they hold.

    The public knows when someone is overpaid, and they know when someone is underpaid.

    In a neutral town like mine, I hear comments all the time that Cribbs is a beast.

    If the Browns want to continue to look like a bumbling, mismanaged franchise, they need to keep playing the cards as they have.

    This low offer only tells other teams who might want to trade to make a 5th round offer.

    That isn't going to look good for the brass if Cribbs has offers from other teams the team doesn't want to take yet the team isn't willing to pay a proven performer.

    I think the "Clowns" tag fits with the way we are handling this whole situation.

  • I hope Lerner sees what is happening.

    I hope it isn't up to Lerner.

    It's pretty early in Holmgrens reign to start telling him who to pay or play.

    WSS

  • If indeed the worst happens and we dont pay Cribbs what he deserves, I wouldnt find it difficult to see the Browns then selecting Dez Bryant in the draft as he will fill a requirement at both reciever and as a 24 y/a KR, 17 y/a PR.