Single Question Survey
-
1. Otto Graham -- revolutionized the game, and 10 championship gamess in 10 years and the highest winning percentange in NFL history ... c'mon.
2. Peyton Manning -- Greatest QB I have ever seen play.
3. Joe Montana -- Greatest I have ever seen until Manning.
4. Bret Favre -- Most prolific and amazing ... but too many down years and costly plays unlike Manning and Montana
5. Slingin' Sammy Baugh -- Too often we forget the old dudes .. look him up.
6. Johnny Unitas -- Class of his era
7. Tom Brady --- should have plenty chances to move up
8. Dan Marino -- maybe best pure passer
9. Dan Fouts -- the classic battler
10. Troy Aikman -- He never awed me on a game-to-game basis, but his overall resume speaks volumes
Zombo
--If Favre wins the Super Bowl he's still my fourth, if Manning wins it he's still second. If Manning were to play horribly and cost his team, I may move Joe ahead of him ... but that won't happen.
**************************************************
That's a great list, but I wouldn't Aikman in there ahead of Joe Namath. He had the leadership, and the desire to win,
and a truly great arm. Aikman just had a supporting cast that dominated.
You forgot a younger old dude.
-
Favre easy. He won and played outdoors in the cold, rain, snow, etc.. Manning is a dome QB
Favre easy. He won and played outdoors in the cold, rain, snow, etc.. Manning is a dome QB
Can you read? I asked you to list your 5 or 10 best QBs of all time, and to list Favre and Manning in whatever position in that group you choose.
What was it about that you didn't understand?
-
For my own list, here you go:
1. Otto Graham. I bit of bias here? Sure, but the fact is no one has won more than Otto. And winning is what counts mostly.
2. John Unitas. The skillful master.
3. Joe Montana. Cool hand Luke. A surgeon
4. John Elway. Bazooka arm and great mobility
5. Dan Marino. The quickest release I have seen
6. Peyton Manning. Aside from wearing the same Colt uniform, Manning is a veritable clone of Unitas's style.
7. Bret Favre. The boldest gunslinger of the bunch.
8. Bart Starr. I said winning counts. 5 titles puts him on the list
9. Sammy Baugh. Never saw him play, but have to go on the reputation.
10. Benny Friedman. Purely in recognition of the man claimed to be the first great NFL passing QB.
If I had to take just modern QBs, then put the last two into another category, and replace them with Terry Bradshaw and Tom Brady.
-
A few guys who should not be forgotten on these lists are :
Warren Moon
Jim Kelly
Fran Tarkenton. Tarkenton held all the records Favre holds now for like a 20-25 year period.
Also, on the list of the Top 20 QBs in TD passes thrown are a few "surprises":
8. Vinny Testaverde
10. Dave Krieg
13. Drew Bledsoe
14. Boomer Esiason
15. John Hadl
20. John Brodie
I am not saying that I would put any of the above on a Top 20 list of QBs, I am simply pointing out that if scoring TDs is an important part of a QBs job, these guys did a good job.
-
A few guys who should not be forgotten on these lists are :
Warren Moon
Jim Kelly
Fran Tarkenton. Tarkenton held all the records Favre holds now for like a 20-25 year period.
Also, on the list of the Top 20 QBs in TD passes thrown are a few "surprises":
8. Vinny Testaverde
10. Dave Krieg
13. Drew Bledsoe
14. Boomer Esiason
15. John Hadl
20. John Brodie
I am not saying that I would put any of the above on a Top 20 list of QBs, I am simply pointing out that if scoring TDs is an important part of a QBs job, these guys did a good job.
A few guys who should not be forgotten on these lists are :
Warren Moon
Jim Kelly
Fran Tarkenton. Tarkenton held all the records Favre holds now for like a 20-25 year period.
Also, on the list of the Top 20 QBs in TD passes thrown are a few "surprises":
8. Vinny Testaverde
10. Dave Krieg
13. Drew Bledsoe
14. Boomer Esiason
15. John Hadl
20. John Brodie
I am not saying that I would put any of the above on a Top 20 list of QBs, I am simply pointing out that if scoring TDs is an important part of a QBs job, these guys did a good job.
i haven't had a chance to read throught this carefully. Did Ken Anderson make anyone's honorable mention list?
-
1. Otto Graham- The pioneer of the quarterback position. People would get sick of seeing him if there was an ESPN at the time.
2. Dan Marino- True QB swag. One of the best.
3. John Elway- I hate to say it, but he always new how to finish strong.
4. Brett Favre- Soap Opera of the NFL, with skills to prove it.
5. Peyton Manning- Most intelligent player to ever play the position.
6. Troy Aikeman- A little overrated, but a classic nonetheless.
7. Joe Namath- Another classic, true passion for the position.
8. Tom Brady- Although he is fading away, his early years were better than some QB's entire careers.
9. Kurt Warner- Need I say more? He is 39 and still has years left he could play.
10. Joe Montana- Dynasty will always have its king.
I think Brett and Peyton could possibly be number 2 and 3 if they win more superbowls. But no one surpasses Otto Graham.
-
yet another journey to fantasy qb land
-
Otto Graham.
Brian Sipe
Bernie Kosar
Bill Nelson
Frank Ryan
WSS
-
Joe Montana-Simply the Best
Otto Graham-On the same level as Ruth,Russell,Ali,Gehrig,Joe Louis & Jim Brown
Jim Kelly-4 Straight Super Bowls,yes he lost,still 4 straight super bowls
Terry Bradshaw-makes me sick...but as you said Gipper"wins count"
John Elway-lucky SOB
Roger Staubach-wrote the book on the modern QB
Peyton Manning-about to rewrite the book on the modern QB
Dan Marino-What an arm
Jim Plunket-Ditto
Brett Farve-has anybody ever enjoyed the game more?
-
Joe Montana-Simply the Best
Otto Graham-On the same level as Ruth,Russell,Ali,Gehrig,Joe Louis & Jim Brown
Jim Kelly-4 Straight Super Bowls,yes he lost,still 4 straight super bowls
Terry Bradshaw-makes me sick...but as you said Gipper"wins count"
John Elway-lucky SOB
Roger Staubach-wrote the book on the modern QB
Peyton Manning-about to rewrite the book on the modern QB
Dan Marino-What an arm
Jim Plunket-Ditto
Brett Farve-has anybody ever enjoyed the game more?
Joe Montana-Simply the Best
Otto Graham-On the same level as Ruth,Russell,Ali,Gehrig,Joe Louis & Jim Brown
Jim Kelly-4 Straight Super Bowls,yes he lost,still 4 straight super bowls
Terry Bradshaw-makes me sick...but as you said Gipper"wins count"
John Elway-lucky SOB
Roger Staubach-wrote the book on the modern QB
Peyton Manning-about to rewrite the book on the modern QB
Dan Marino-What an arm
Jim Plunket-Ditto
Brett Farve-has anybody ever enjoyed the game more?
FINALLY someone included Staubach.....with under 2 minutes to play & the game on the line, he was the best I ever saw.
Mike
-
Ken Stabler
Otto Graham
Peyton Manning
Joe Germaine
Roger Staubach
John Elway
Brett Farve
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Drew Brees
Derek Anderson
-
1. Ryaan Leaf'
2. Aklie Smith
3. Jacmarcus Russell
4. Tim Coach
5. DA
6. Brady Quinn
-
1A) Montana
1B) Manning- he becomes undisputed #1 with another SB win
3) Graham- yeah, 10 for 10 counts for something, but that was a different era.
4) Marino
5) Farve (too many brain farts) wins the ironman award
6) Elway (still hate his ass)
7) Fouts
Warren Moon- if you count his CFL stats9) Kelly
10A) Brady
10B Warner
-
Ken Stabler
Otto Graham
Peyton Manning
Joe Germaine
Roger Staubach
John Elway
Brett Farve
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Drew Brees
Derek Anderson
Ken Stabler
Otto Graham
Peyton Manning
Joe Germaine
Roger Staubach
John Elway
Brett Farve
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Drew Brees
Derek Anderson
Joe Germaine !
Sorry man I gotta call BullSh!t on this one,Joe Germaine? over Craig Krenzel or Rex Kern ?
Very disappointed in you Ate, it's almost as if your not taking this serious! Joe Germaine !
" COM AWWWN MAINE "
-
1. Otto Graham- The pioneer of the quarterback position. People would get sick of seeing him if there was an ESPN at the time.
2. Dan Marino- True QB swag. One of the best.
3. John Elway- I hate to say it, but he always new how to finish strong.
4. Brett Favre- Soap Opera of the NFL, with skills to prove it.
5. Peyton Manning- Most intelligent player to ever play the position.
6. Troy Aikeman- A little overrated, but a classic nonetheless.
7. Joe Namath- Another classic, true passion for the position.
8. Tom Brady- Although he is fading away, his early years were better than some QB's entire careers.
9. Kurt Warner- Need I say more? He is 39 and still has years left he could play.
10. Joe Montana- Dynasty will always have its king.
I think Brett and Peyton could possibly be number 2 and 3 if they win more superbowls. But no one surpasses Otto Graham.
1. Otto Graham- The pioneer of the quarterback position. People would get sick of seeing him if there was an ESPN at the time.
2. Dan Marino- True QB swag. One of the best.
3. John Elway- I hate to say it, but he always new how to finish strong.
4. Brett Favre- Soap Opera of the NFL, with skills to prove it.
5. Peyton Manning- Most intelligent player to ever play the position.
6. Troy Aikeman- A little overrated, but a classic nonetheless.
7. Joe Namath- Another classic, true passion for the position.
8. Tom Brady- Although he is fading away, his early years were better than some QB's entire careers.
9. Kurt Warner- Need I say more? He is 39 and still has years left he could play.
10. Joe Montana- Dynasty will always have its king.
I think Brett and Peyton could possibly be number 2 and 3 if they win more superbowls. But no one surpasses Otto Graham.
Maybe its an oversight on your part, but I cannot see any Top 10 list without Unitas being on it. Perhaps you had your reasons. I would like to hear them.
-
Joe Montana-Simply the Best
Otto Graham-On the same level as Ruth,Russell,Ali,Gehrig,Joe Louis & Jim Brown
Jim Kelly-4 Straight Super Bowls,yes he lost,still 4 straight super bowls
Terry Bradshaw-makes me sick...but as you said Gipper"wins count"
John Elway-lucky SOB
Roger Staubach-wrote the book on the modern QB
Peyton Manning-about to rewrite the book on the modern QB
Dan Marino-What an arm
Jim Plunket-Ditto
Brett Farve-has anybody ever enjoyed the game more?
Joe Montana-Simply the Best
Otto Graham-On the same level as Ruth,Russell,Ali,Gehrig,Joe Louis & Jim Brown
Jim Kelly-4 Straight Super Bowls,yes he lost,still 4 straight super bowls
Terry Bradshaw-makes me sick...but as you said Gipper"wins count"
John Elway-lucky SOB
Roger Staubach-wrote the book on the modern QB
Peyton Manning-about to rewrite the book on the modern QB
Dan Marino-What an arm
Jim Plunket-Ditto
Brett Farve-has anybody ever enjoyed the game more?
Nice that you mentioned Staubach. He is one that I kind of overlooked. I don't know if he would break my Top 10, but he would definitely be on the Honorable Mention roll.
-
Joe Montana-Simply the Best
Otto Graham-On the same level as Ruth,Russell,Ali,Gehrig,Joe Louis & Jim Brown
Jim Kelly-4 Straight Super Bowls,yes he lost,still 4 straight super bowls
Terry Bradshaw-makes me sick...but as you said Gipper"wins count"
John Elway-lucky SOB
Roger Staubach-wrote the book on the modern QB
Peyton Manning-about to rewrite the book on the modern QB
Dan Marino-What an arm
Jim Plunket-Ditto
Brett Farve-has anybody ever enjoyed the game more?
FINALLY someone included Staubach.....with under 2 minutes to play & the game on the line, he was the best I ever saw.
Mike
FINALLY someone included Staubach.....with under 2 minutes to play & the game on the line, he was the best I ever saw.
Mike
Well, Canton Mike, nothing is stopping you from doing your own list and putting whomever you wish onto it. Even your homeboy, Todd Blackledge?
(If someone is going to mention Joe Germaine, you can mention Todd)
-
FINALLY someone included Staubach.....with under 2 minutes to play & the game on the line, he was the best I ever saw.
Mike
Well, Canton Mike, nothing is stopping you from doing your own list and putting whomever you wish onto it. Even your homeboy, Todd Blackledge?
(If someone is going to mention Joe Germaine, you can mention Todd)
(If someone is going to mention Joe Germaine, you can mention Todd)
If I didn't list Ken Stabler and Joe Germaine, I could be considered for a troll after years of tossing them into the mix. Yeah, DA falls along these lines as well.
It's all good Gipper, the Snake & St. Joe have a place in my top-10.
The Snake the best left handed QB ever?
-
I'm a Staubach fan too- probably the only Dallas player I liked in that era. Here goes my attempt at the list:
1) Otto Graham
2) John Elway (SOB ruined our 80s)
3) Johnny Unitas
4) Joe Montana
5) Fran Tarkenton
6) Brett Favre (don't like what he's become today though, a prima donna like Jim Kelly)
7) Terry Bradshaw
Roger Staubach9) Dan Marino
10) Dan Fouts
Honorable mention- Brian Sipe, Steve Young, Warren Moon, & Len Dawson
Favorite QB- Bernie Kosar...too bad his elbow got f-ed up in KC on opening day in 1988...he was truly one of the great deep ball passers ever
-
No real order.....
Graham
Manning
Favre
Baugh
Jergunsen
YA Tittle
Unitas
Starr
Montana
Layne
I could take jurgensen off the list except he threw the nicest pass ever, so he makes it....if i had to take him off, I add Kelly or Lamonica.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login