Single Question Survey
-
Ken Stabler
Otto Graham
Peyton Manning
Joe Germaine
Roger Staubach
John Elway
Brett Farve
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Drew Brees
Derek Anderson
Ken Stabler
Otto Graham
Peyton Manning
Joe Germaine
Roger Staubach
John Elway
Brett Farve
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Drew Brees
Derek Anderson
Joe Germaine !
Sorry man I gotta call BullSh!t on this one,Joe Germaine? over Craig Krenzel or Rex Kern ?
Very disappointed in you Ate, it's almost as if your not taking this serious! Joe Germaine !
" COM AWWWN MAINE "
-
1. Otto Graham- The pioneer of the quarterback position. People would get sick of seeing him if there was an ESPN at the time.
2. Dan Marino- True QB swag. One of the best.
3. John Elway- I hate to say it, but he always new how to finish strong.
4. Brett Favre- Soap Opera of the NFL, with skills to prove it.
5. Peyton Manning- Most intelligent player to ever play the position.
6. Troy Aikeman- A little overrated, but a classic nonetheless.
7. Joe Namath- Another classic, true passion for the position.
8. Tom Brady- Although he is fading away, his early years were better than some QB's entire careers.
9. Kurt Warner- Need I say more? He is 39 and still has years left he could play.
10. Joe Montana- Dynasty will always have its king.
I think Brett and Peyton could possibly be number 2 and 3 if they win more superbowls. But no one surpasses Otto Graham.
1. Otto Graham- The pioneer of the quarterback position. People would get sick of seeing him if there was an ESPN at the time.
2. Dan Marino- True QB swag. One of the best.
3. John Elway- I hate to say it, but he always new how to finish strong.
4. Brett Favre- Soap Opera of the NFL, with skills to prove it.
5. Peyton Manning- Most intelligent player to ever play the position.
6. Troy Aikeman- A little overrated, but a classic nonetheless.
7. Joe Namath- Another classic, true passion for the position.
8. Tom Brady- Although he is fading away, his early years were better than some QB's entire careers.
9. Kurt Warner- Need I say more? He is 39 and still has years left he could play.
10. Joe Montana- Dynasty will always have its king.
I think Brett and Peyton could possibly be number 2 and 3 if they win more superbowls. But no one surpasses Otto Graham.
Maybe its an oversight on your part, but I cannot see any Top 10 list without Unitas being on it. Perhaps you had your reasons. I would like to hear them.
-
Joe Montana-Simply the Best
Otto Graham-On the same level as Ruth,Russell,Ali,Gehrig,Joe Louis & Jim Brown
Jim Kelly-4 Straight Super Bowls,yes he lost,still 4 straight super bowls
Terry Bradshaw-makes me sick...but as you said Gipper"wins count"
John Elway-lucky SOB
Roger Staubach-wrote the book on the modern QB
Peyton Manning-about to rewrite the book on the modern QB
Dan Marino-What an arm
Jim Plunket-Ditto
Brett Farve-has anybody ever enjoyed the game more?
Joe Montana-Simply the Best
Otto Graham-On the same level as Ruth,Russell,Ali,Gehrig,Joe Louis & Jim Brown
Jim Kelly-4 Straight Super Bowls,yes he lost,still 4 straight super bowls
Terry Bradshaw-makes me sick...but as you said Gipper"wins count"
John Elway-lucky SOB
Roger Staubach-wrote the book on the modern QB
Peyton Manning-about to rewrite the book on the modern QB
Dan Marino-What an arm
Jim Plunket-Ditto
Brett Farve-has anybody ever enjoyed the game more?
Nice that you mentioned Staubach. He is one that I kind of overlooked. I don't know if he would break my Top 10, but he would definitely be on the Honorable Mention roll.
-
Joe Montana-Simply the Best
Otto Graham-On the same level as Ruth,Russell,Ali,Gehrig,Joe Louis & Jim Brown
Jim Kelly-4 Straight Super Bowls,yes he lost,still 4 straight super bowls
Terry Bradshaw-makes me sick...but as you said Gipper"wins count"
John Elway-lucky SOB
Roger Staubach-wrote the book on the modern QB
Peyton Manning-about to rewrite the book on the modern QB
Dan Marino-What an arm
Jim Plunket-Ditto
Brett Farve-has anybody ever enjoyed the game more?
FINALLY someone included Staubach.....with under 2 minutes to play & the game on the line, he was the best I ever saw.
Mike
FINALLY someone included Staubach.....with under 2 minutes to play & the game on the line, he was the best I ever saw.
Mike
Well, Canton Mike, nothing is stopping you from doing your own list and putting whomever you wish onto it. Even your homeboy, Todd Blackledge?
(If someone is going to mention Joe Germaine, you can mention Todd)
-
FINALLY someone included Staubach.....with under 2 minutes to play & the game on the line, he was the best I ever saw.
Mike
Well, Canton Mike, nothing is stopping you from doing your own list and putting whomever you wish onto it. Even your homeboy, Todd Blackledge?
(If someone is going to mention Joe Germaine, you can mention Todd)
(If someone is going to mention Joe Germaine, you can mention Todd)
If I didn't list Ken Stabler and Joe Germaine, I could be considered for a troll after years of tossing them into the mix. Yeah, DA falls along these lines as well.
It's all good Gipper, the Snake & St. Joe have a place in my top-10.
The Snake the best left handed QB ever?
-
I'm a Staubach fan too- probably the only Dallas player I liked in that era. Here goes my attempt at the list:
1) Otto Graham
2) John Elway (SOB ruined our 80s)
3) Johnny Unitas
4) Joe Montana
5) Fran Tarkenton
6) Brett Favre (don't like what he's become today though, a prima donna like Jim Kelly)
7) Terry Bradshaw
Roger Staubach9) Dan Marino
10) Dan Fouts
Honorable mention- Brian Sipe, Steve Young, Warren Moon, & Len Dawson
Favorite QB- Bernie Kosar...too bad his elbow got f-ed up in KC on opening day in 1988...he was truly one of the great deep ball passers ever
-
No real order.....
Graham
Manning
Favre
Baugh
Jergunsen
YA Tittle
Unitas
Starr
Montana
Layne
I could take jurgensen off the list except he threw the nicest pass ever, so he makes it....if i had to take him off, I add Kelly or Lamonica.
-
we can hope, can't we?
-
1. Otto Graham- The pioneer of the quarterback position. People would get sick of seeing him if there was an ESPN at the time.
2. Dan Marino- True QB swag. One of the best.
3. John Elway- I hate to say it, but he always new how to finish strong.
4. Brett Favre- Soap Opera of the NFL, with skills to prove it.
5. Peyton Manning- Most intelligent player to ever play the position.
6. Troy Aikeman- A little overrated, but a classic nonetheless.
7. Joe Namath- Another classic, true passion for the position.
8. Tom Brady- Although he is fading away, his early years were better than some QB's entire careers.
9. Kurt Warner- Need I say more? He is 39 and still has years left he could play.
10. Joe Montana- Dynasty will always have its king.
I think Brett and Peyton could possibly be number 2 and 3 if they win more superbowls. But no one surpasses Otto Graham.
Maybe its an oversight on your part, but I cannot see any Top 10 list without Unitas being on it. Perhaps you had your reasons. I would like to hear them.
Maybe its an oversight on your part, but I cannot see any Top 10 list without Unitas being on it. Perhaps you had your reasons. I would like to hear them.
Well, FWIW, I can't argue much on how this list was put together- Unitas gets under rated perhaps because he played mostly in the 60s.
For one game I still take Manning or Montana over Farve.
-
Maybe its an oversight on your part, but I cannot see any Top 10 list without Unitas being on it. Perhaps you had your reasons. I would like to hear them.
Well, FWIW, I can't argue much on how this list was put together- Unitas gets under rated perhaps because he played mostly in the 60s.
For one game I still take Manning or Montana over Farve.
Well, FWIW, I can't argue much on how this list was put together- Unitas gets under rated perhaps because he played mostly in the 60s.
For one game I still take Manning or Montana over Farve.
I am not sure about the legitimacy of the formula the guy in your link uses. When he has Drew Bledsoe as a better QB than 5 time champion Bart Starr.
It is the same problem with the QB rating system.
-
1. Manny Ramirez
2. Jim Thome
3. Travis Hafner
4. Alex Rodriguez
5. Barry Bonds
6. Paul Byrd
7. Mark McGuire
8. Sammy Sosa
9. Rafael Palmero
10. Bud Selig
Oh wait...
-
FINALLY someone included Staubach.....with under 2 minutes to play & the game on the line, he was the best I ever saw.
Mike
Well, Canton Mike, nothing is stopping you from doing your own list and putting whomever you wish onto it. Even your homeboy, Todd Blackledge?
(If someone is going to mention Joe Germaine, you can mention Todd)
Well, Canton Mike, nothing is stopping you from doing your own list and putting whomever you wish onto it. Even your homeboy, Todd Blackledge?
Ok, but I'll guarantee that Blackledge isn't on it.
Alphabetically as I would welcome any one of 'em on a team of mine...
Tom Brady
John Elway
Brett Favre
Otto Graham
Peyton Manning
Dan Marino
Joe Montana
Bart Starr
Roger Staubach
John Unitas
My personal number 1 is Bart Starr, & I may be the only person to EVER put him #1. The guy was nothing flashy. Just consistent, smart, & clutch. He & Staubach may be the best decision makers I've seen play, but Bart did it a whole lot longer.
Mike
-
I listed Starr, though in no order.
If i had, he would rank pretty high....maybe not number 1, but really, when you start a top 10 list, your talking very little between 1 and 10.
I would be happy with any of them.
-
There has been some discussion on the radio about the place in history of either Brett Favre or Peyton Manning if either should win the Super Bowl. My single question survey is:
1. Who are your Top 5-10 or however many you wish to list QBs in NFL history, and where do Manning and Favre fit, and will either of them move up on the list with another title to their credit?
There has been some discussion on the radio about the place in history of either Brett Favre or Peyton Manning if either should win the Super Bowl. My single question survey is:
1. Who are your Top 5-10 or however many you wish to list QBs in NFL history, and where do Manning and Favre fit, and will either of them move up on the list with another title to their credit?
Favre is top 5 probably(although a little overrated), Manning is probably the best regular season QB of all-time, but his constent failure in the PO's bumps him from the top 5 IMO. Yes, he did win a SB, but he's the only QB in HISTORY to win it while throwing more picks than TD's in the playoffs. His level of play drops significantly once the postseason begins.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login