If Mangina trades Quinn to the Skins for a shitty deactivated DT I'm gonna request a piss sample.
.mz
Posts
-
Mangini: We're not dealing Quinn -
"It's a shock to everybody on this team"And yet I see people having civil conversations with an ahole like Chicken SChoke, despite his record of anti-browns and anti-browns fan posting.
SChuck makes no bones about what he is.
I cannot say the same for everyone.
That's the difference.
-
Mangini: We're not dealing Quinnapparently LaVar Arrington said today on a radio show that an offer might be getting put together right now.
Redskins send Anthony Montgomery, defensive tackle
Browns send Quinn
Let's hope we get something more than that if he's shipped.
The Redskins are reportedly shopping DT Anthony Montgomery.
After losing his starting job to Albert Haynesworth, Montgomery has yet to be active for a game this season. The Redskins aren't likely to get more than a conditional late-round pick if they succeed in dealing him.
via here
.
-
The NFL's Most Meaningful StatMasters said:
Look at this one from last week:P. Manning 36/44 309 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT 109QBR
E. Manning 8/10 173 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT 158.3 QBR
Does anyone know anything regarding Cooper's availability?
-
"It's a shock to everybody on this team"@shepwrite said:
Dear God, this is getting vomitous. Who woulda thought way back when that an Oregon State troll would win Ate's heart?The heart wants what the heart wants. Who are we to argue?
-
"It's a shock to everybody on this team"But this thread, for your reprimanding purposes, is taken way out of context. Lumberg dug his own grave way before the date of this post. And was doing so on a consistent basis with the off-color comments regarding a member of the Browns sexuality, and implicating that of a large portion of the teams fanbase.
THANK YOU, buddy.
-
What Does Everyone Do For A Living?I've spent 22 years cleaning latrines. I'm now a Mall Cop.
I KNEW IT!

it's good to see you back here DH. I mean it
-
What Does Everyone Do For A Living?I dig these threads when they pop up intermittently and wish more folks would participate.
I'm an advertising creative / Clinical Psych grad student.
-
I've isolated the main source of disagreement over the BE/KW trades.uh... are you REALLY trying to say that you can evaluate talent better than professional scouts?

Let's say you are the owner of a football team. Who would you rather have doing the drafting for you: Alo or Phil Savage?
Again, just because these guys happen to have these jobs doesn't necessarily mean they're any good at it.
-
I've isolated the main source of disagreement over the BE/KW trades.First hand information tells me he's a MUCH better judge of talent...but time will have to convince you of that.
I guess I have no other option than to sit back and hope, right?
sorry for pigeon holin ya as an AP advocate.....
the good news is, 90% of mangini's job is on the 2010 draft......so it shouldn't be much longer for some insight to his plan...

edit: xxxx.....
And I'll have my fingers crossed next April, because he gave up a TON for the picks he's getting then.
-
I've isolated the main source of disagreement over the BE/KW trades.Yes, Earl.
So what I'm saying is I don't think Mangini is much better than Savage (albeit with less of meaningful sample). And that's where my consternation comes from.
-
I've isolated the main source of disagreement over the BE/KW trades. -
I've isolated the main source of disagreement over the BE/KW trades.There are PLENTY of folks on this board who would have had vastly better drafts than Phil Savage, a so-called "professional." Just because a person works in football doesn't mean he's automatically smarter or better informed than anyone else. All it means is he has that job and we don't.

Perhaps I just watch more football than you do. I dunno. I live on the WC and I had seen Alex Mack play numerous times. I saw Revis play every year he was in college as he played in the same conference as my team. IIRC, Revis was also to top rated CB that year by the "draft pundits."
And of course we all evaluate things as we see them. It's human nature. You can't force me to disagree with my own opinion, as it doesn't work that way.
-
I've isolated the main source of disagreement over the BE/KW trades.nice dodge.....but it fairly obvious what youre evaluating. you wanted the sexy pick.....its not like that a secret. we took an OL.....very boring, but very necessary. you're whining about skill players who underperformed and draft picks with 5 games under their belts that are mildly successful with already good teams......
you obviously are looking at a very narrow view of the game.
Not true.
I loved the Joe Thomas pick. He plays O line. Not very sexy, eh?
Your hypothesis just exploded.
I just want good players, as I evaluate them. Obviously we have differences in opinion there.
-
I've isolated the main source of disagreement over the BE/KW trades. -
I've isolated the main source of disagreement over the BE/KW trades.I guess I need to buy into the Mangini System and STFU. Sounds familiar.

-
I've isolated the main source of disagreement over the BE/KW trades. -
I've isolated the main source of disagreement over the BE/KW trades.It's due to the fact that you guys trust Mangini to build this team from the ground, and I guess, simply, I don't.
Didn't particularly care for his draft. Or his choice of OC. Or his trades. Or his demeanor. Or his early benching of a QB.
So what's left?
Nothing, probably.
I guess if I agreed with many (or any) of his moves, I'd have faith in some rebuilding effort, like you guys (choco, Earl34, etc.). But I just simply don't. I do agree (obviously) that we need a ton more pieces, and I guess that's what acquiring picks is all about. But if I have NO FAITH in whom those picks will be used upon, why would I want to trade established good-to-very-good players for them when I find the picks worthless.
I wish I had more faith in Mangini than I currently do, and that's the source of this argument.
-
The Raiders are NOT a professional football franchise.Yes, I know the Browns stink, but holy shit is this team ridiculously bad. I have the OAK/NYG game on here in LA, and it is just beyond comical.
Deceased owner, criminal head coach and the worst starting QB I have ever seen. It does not get any worse.
Makes us truly look like the Patriots in comparison.
EDIT: Russell just fumbled inside his own 20 as I was typing this.
-
Cleveland, we have a problem.I've recently been kicking around (in my head), the notion of Derek Anderson playing well this season, thus negating the need to draft ANOTHER QB with a top 5 pick and securing me one of my prized defenders.. And it sounds fine and dandy, right? Nope, it doesn't. It causes an huge problem because it can't happen.
I want to select a defender (Berry, Suh, Mays, McCoy whatever) at the top of next year's draft, instead of one of these shiteating QB's (Bradford, Claussen, C McCoy etc.). I'm guessing the only way we avoid talking a QB high is if DA plays well enough to show Mangini he can be the future of this franchise (I know...). That way, we'll have our QB and be free to take one of these stud defenders. Great! Well, kinda.
If DA plays well, we'll probably win some games, thus taking us out of contention for Suh, Berry, McCoy, etc, and if he doesn't play well, we'll probably lose a shit-ton of games and pick up where I wanna pick, but we'll be tempted to take the stupid QB instead because we won't have one.
FCUK!!! We just can't catch a break.
Damned if you do, DA, and damned if you don't.