44CalExpress
Posts
-
Colt McCoy vs. Drew Brees -
Wouldn't Gruden be an upgrade? -
Great win guys!bump.
Rob Ryan for president!!!
-
Browns @ SaintsShaun Rogers has played excellently today
-
Browns @ SaintsShaun Rogers has played excellently today
-
Browns @ SaintsBOWENS WITH AN INTERCEPTION TOUCHDOWN!
20-3 Browns!!! wooooooo
-
Browns @ SaintsMcCoy looking great so far.
The D has shown up today
-
Browns @ SaintsTOUUUUUUUUUUCHDOWN BROWNS!
Hillis with a run.
10-0
-
Colt McCoy vs. Drew BreesHillis-iz-Boss said:
It's very possible that he turns into a Bree's but that will defiantly be a few years. But today he has a shot to do good again considering that the Saints have both of their starting cornerbacks on the inactive list.I'm not sure if it's "very possible" but I love what I see. Great swagger, great poise, good accuracy, and ability to improvise. I'd like to see how he does these next few weeks to get a good assessment of whether or not he truly is the QB of the future for our Browns.
Mo Mass is a #2, and once we get a #1 like AJ Green on this squad, coupled with more reps for McCoy, we'll truly see what he's made of.
One thing's for sure, you gotta love the guy's heart.
-
Colt McCoy vs. Drew BreesComplete homer in me talking, but is anyone else hoping he ends up like Brees (minus the injuries)?
He's a little taller, but same arm strength, great poise, and--from what we've seen--good accuracy. If he ends up 3/4ths the QB Brees is, i'll be very happy.
-
Wouldn't Gruden be an upgrade? -
Wouldn't Gruden be an upgrade?Somewhere in this thread someone sad that getting a new coach does'nt neccassarily mean a step back. I agree Gruden is a perfect example of that.
3-4 wins at best is all mangini is going to get this year. For those of you looking for that participation trophy at the end of the year that should be plenty
. Crazy, how some fans think wins is how you jusde a season. Those guys are nuts. 
Anyway since I spent all day yesterday at football games and the weather is beautiful here (Carolina blue sky) I could sit inside watch the Browns lose again and read online arguments all day and be miserable this evening me a and the boy are going to ride our dirtbikes. When in doubt gas it!
Good luck all. See you later.
Go Brown's!
I said that
-
Cleveland Browns boss Mike Holmgren on Colt McCoy: 'I'm very, very pleased'This Browns team is going to keep adding talent and developing skill then "suddenly" they will become a great team. Many people will wonder "where did THIS team come from?" The cool thing is, we'll all know because we watched the process.
Well put. Hopefully this 3 year plan hits the gas pedal and we come closer to a superbowl soon
. -
Wouldn't Gruden be an upgrade?The team hasn't progressed the way YOU would like. I suspect you measure progress solely by wins. I've seen lots of progress on the team and within the organization. There's a general feeling of stability and order that I like and hope to see continue. I don't think we need to throw anyone out just yet, especially not Mangini.
I apologize, I completey missed this post. And i've seen progress too. One would be naive to say this team is the exact same.
And I never said we throw Mangini out this year. I'm simply asking, do we keep Mangini if this team goes 4-12? Or do we continue to ride this train of mediocre satisfaction?
I'm not a pessimist by any stretch of the word, nor am I a "Mangini hater" like many have quickly pointed out. However, I am saying if this team goes through another disappointing top 5-6 pick season, a coaching change should be taken into serious consideration.
-
Wouldn't Gruden be an upgrade?Dawgfanforever88 said:
Well that explains a ton. its a lot like how these steeler fans are trying to defend the actions of there players. They are so wrapped up in it emotionally that they can't actually see whats going on. They are blind to the truth so to speak.You live in new york. You dislike Eric Mangini despite having any real reason for it. The game of football is ultimately wins and losses yes, but there is so much more that goes into it. It would be like reading just the synopsis of a book and a good amount of the time you cannot do that.
I hope to have many more arguments with you about this team. Its good to have a foil.
good night.
Are you calling me 'blind'? Like I said, I no personal bias against Mangini, I just don't believe he's the right coach.
Answer this, IF this team goes 4-12, then what do we do Mangini, 'O fearless leader? If we don't agree with you, are we blind? Will we be discrepantly alluded to Steeler fans?
C'mon man, you're smarter than that. This Steeler fan comparison was just a lame cop-out to try and get a rise. You seem like a 'last word' kind of guy.
-
Wouldn't Gruden be an upgrade?I was listening till this idiot mentioned gruden as a better coach. He hopped on the dungy train and rode it to a sb.....then took control of that train and ran it into the ground....the qb carousel that rivals ours.
You could have said john fox and you wouldn't get laughed at.....I work in NY as well, and your media is a xxxxing joke...yes, that includes you.
Gruden.....lmao.
"lmao", this doesn't even warrant a proper response.
Please post with maturity next time. Insulting anonymously is rather cowardice. I'm up for a debate, but calling people 'idiots' and 'a joke' without any real reasoning is waste of a post.
-
Wouldn't Gruden be an upgrade?1) If Mangini is the problem, Gruden is not the solution. Gruden is actually toxic to whatever team he coaches - the players do not like him, the clubhouse is not better because of him, and wins happen in spite of him. This is why he won only one SB with the stacked Bucs roster. Convincing yourself that Gruden is a "better" coach is cognitive dissonance akin to that exhibited by Holocaust deniers and 9/11 Truth-ers.
2) Show me proof Gruden is willing to take the Cleveland job. All I've seen is proof that he won't. It's very entertaining to speculate.. but you conveniently choose to avoid considering that Gruden will turn down any amount of money for the job.
Are you directing these questions to me or the OP?
1. LOL @ the last sentence. Hyperbole-much? He's not a 'cancer', otherwise many owners wouldn't want him to lead their franchise. 'Conveniently' choose? I never thought i had to go into this because it's neither here nor there, but Gruden didn't just inherit a superbowl team. I hope you're kidding. He was great for the Bucs, but had a hard picking the right QB. Moreover, he was great with the raiders.
2. I'm sure this is ALL speculation on everyone's part. Mangini is STILL the head coach and for now, i'm fine with that. Where is this 'proof' you have? And yes, it's entertaining to speculate, but at the end of the day, it's really all a matter of heresay rather than empirical evidence.
-
Wouldn't Gruden be an upgrade?Really? Adam Schein who works in NY and has a NY TV Show (Loudmouths) and is on NFL Radio (with a large listening audience) said on the Thursday preceding Eric Mangini's first game in Cleveland last year: "I hate Eric Mangini and Eric Mangini hates me.". He's picked against the Browns ever since (which is his prerogative) but he has also refused to listen to any caller wanting to point out any successes. He is a biased journalist who, aside from the above quote, is NOT willing to disclose his biases when he ranks on the Browns or Eric Mangini. As a matter of fact, Joe Benigno and Schein were bitching about Mangini as the coach when he was 8-3 in 2008 so I don't want to hear that the NY media is unbiased. They ran Willie Randolph and Joe Torre out of town when they wanted to and it's the same with every coach except Coughlin who happened into a massive win-streak when they were stirring the pot against him.
I agree, he's a biased journalist, never been a fan. Everythings a mere soundbyte to him and I question his ability to report anything with credibility. Too vindictive for my taste.
However, I'm sure you understand he doesn't represent the NY media.
-
Wouldn't Gruden be an upgrade?This is going nowhere. I don't want to have to argue football semantics on a case-by-case basis. Big waste of time.
I believe Mangini isn't the man for the Browns. You disagree. That's that.
Good night.
-
Wouldn't Gruden be an upgrade?Dawgfanforever88 said:
Has Holmgren said anything? No he hasn't. Like I've said before the only people that are talking about him getting fired are misinformed fans and well..... that's it the media really isn't talking about because there aren't any rumblings of it happening, and if there were you can bet we would be hearing about it like We've been hearing about with Singletary and Del Rio.Those great coaches weren't fired after the first 2 seasons for a reason. Because its a terrible way to go about running a football team it always takes 3 seasons for anything positive to happen.
There's no staple as to how long a coach needs to stay. Zorn left after 2 years, for example. And it's not a terrible way to go about running a football team as long the reasoning justifiable.
