C'mon guys, Johnny is a Brown now. We got him at 22, not 4. Get on board with the kid. Hoyer is the starter unless he gets hurt and Johnny comes in and shines. It's different than had we taken him at 4. I resist being a kool aid drinker but Farmer got us a premier CB, a first and a fourth next year, we gave up what an extra third and a fifth? We signed a ton of free agents and really don't need ten draft picks this year. I am impressed thus far. WR or OG at 35 tomorrow
4Browns
Posts
-
Jonathan Paul Manziel -
Jonathan Paul Manziel@mike-h said:
I feel it. Love Farmer now, we'll see how we all feel in two years.
Yes, people are putting a lot of blind faith in Farmer. He is a young rookie GM with no track record to speak of. Who knows if he can tell his ass from a hole in the ground at this point. As a Browns fan I'm hoping he is the greatest GM of all time, but its just hope. I remember all the people running around saying "In Phil I trust"
-
Browns #4 pick.. take it to the bankAre we trading Joe Thomas? Otherwise, hell no to spending the 4th pick in the draft on a RT. Only in Cleveland does a large portion of the fan base seem to think you need five first round draft picks on the OL. Seattle had a practice squad pickup, and a 6th rounder starting last year.
Schwartz is a young player that improved as the year went on, especially after he didn't have to play next to O'Neil Cousins. He is at minimum a servicable RT and there is good reason to think he can improve.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielOn his pro day Bridgewater shit the bed. He can blame it on his glove, no glove, hand lotion, it was cold, whatever, but he folded like a cheap umbrella under the pressure, no thanks. Manziel came in there and crushed it on his pro day, the kid smiled and looked like he was born to do it and was having fun. There is a guy like Bortles every year that looks the part and has all the measurables and rises up the draft boards, but he played for a small school in a shit conference and we are supposed to believe this guy is a franchise qb? Maybe, but it is a longshot, and he is so raw he is 2-3 years away.
I couldn't care less how many cheerleaders he banged or beers JF drank. I've watched a lot of games and the dude has the killer competitive fire with some special skills. Sure, I wish he was a couple inches taller too, but he isn't. IMO, he has the highest upside of the top three qb's.
We have to swing at a qb at 4, or higher this year. This year we are drafting at 4 with an extra #1 pick in our pocket. No more second level prospects later in the draft please. Enough Brady Quinn and Colt McCoys. Enough passing on top qb prospects to grab the shiny hood ornaments like Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow. Every pick is a risk. People had questions about Roethlisberger and Rogers at the time they were drafted too.
Yeah we got Hoyer. He looked the best of the garbage we had at qb last year. But he is coming off major knee reconstruction and has been cut by three teams and I'm supposed to believe this is the guy to take us to the super bowl. Do you think Farmer and Pettine are going to stake their careers on that? Good way to get fired, I don't know, maybe on the way home after the last game. That could never happen, right?
Guess what, if we bust on a qb at 4, we will be drafting in the same area next year and you take another one until you get it right. Look at how many qb's Seattle went through before Wilson, they just kept swinging at it until they got it right. We are never going to win till we have our guy at QB. I hope we get Johnny, it really could change everything. You have to take a chance at greatness. Or maybe you draft some offensive lineman and a reciever because JF was just too much of a risk and we can win 4-6 games again next year.
-
Coach Chud FiredWe would look like fools firing our coach after a year. Already Lombardi or someone, has put the word out that if chud is fired, its a Haslam decision, and not the management team. That's not a good message. Crud deserves a second year. It's kind of ridiculous that this coach is getting fired circus has already been put out there, and can't be taken back now by not firing him tonight or tomorrow.
-
Week 11 Game Impressions: Steelers @ BrownsWe using that chat site from last week? Link?
-
We Done With WeedenIt's been nothing but suffering for the last 14 years or whatever since this team came back. If they want to keep trotting this moron out there under center then I'm going to stop planning my Sundays around sitting and watching, which is apparently my punishment for being a diehard Browns fan. I can just DVR it and fast forward through the follies on Sunday night I guess.
What are the coaches thinking? Don't they see what we see? How can they believe this heartless clueless clown is our best chance to win? I would cut him ASAP. Whatever comes next cannot possibly be worse.
-
We Done With WeedenCaptain Shovelpass? That's awesome!!
Seriously though, I'm not kidding at all, cut him tonight, there is no point in one more play for this doofus. He is awful, I can't stand to watch this idiot with three brain cells in his head under center. Give me Campbell, Tebow, anything. Please, no more Brandy Weeden.
-
Happy Birthday, Wheezy... 30 Already...We have seen enough of Brandy. Cut him tonight and move on. The team is deflated as soon as he walks on the field. He is not a leader of men. Campbell, Tebow, Marqueise Gray, whatever, play em. Nobody going to give us a bag of practice balls for the guy because they watch the games just like we do.
-
Game BallsLombardi? (ducks)
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsFuck you dolfag!
-
Cut CousinsI can't imagine that Gilkey could play worse than Cousins, but they wouldn't put him in.
-
Weeden Blows! December, 2012Yes, he does.
-
Browns Vs. Redskins Score PredictionsDawson kicks four field goals, and the Browns prevail 26-20.
-
Bernie Wrecked On Knr?I really like Bernie because I grew up with him and those good Browns teams we had in the mid to late 80's. Sometimes I hear him on the radio and he sounds normal, other times he is slurring. This is pretty sad to listen to because he is obviously shithoused. I don't know if it is painkillers, booze or both, but I hope he gets some help. Maybe this is the real reason why Bernie can't get a serious position with the Browns.
-
Week 12 Game Impressions: Steelers Vs. BrownsA rather unsatisfying win. Plus six on turnovers and win by six? Punt Shurmer never let McCoy throw the ball. Handing off on third and ten.
-
Week 12 Game Impressions: Steelers Vs. Browns3rd and ten handoff?.. What the Fuck?
-
Week 12 Game Impressions: Steelers Vs. BrownsHarrison KOs another Browns QB. Way to go Joe!
-
Week 12 Game Impressions: Steelers Vs. BrownsIs this the last minute drive by the 38 yr old QB to win it by one?
Lets hope not.
-
Week 12 Game Impressions: Steelers Vs. BrownsWeeden just got his bell rung. 15 yards from the position to get a field goal to make this a two score game.