Howdy. Been a while. Just wanted to wish you guys best of luck tonight. And if you end up picking another Aggie tonight, I hope he turns out much better than last time.
Aggie Brown fan
Posts
-
DRAFT DAY! -
Jonathan Paul ManzielYea, but something else you have to think about: While Jerry might like Johnny....there is another Heisman Trophy winner from Texas who will be available in the offseason that Jerry may be just as enamored with.....and who does not come with all the personal baggage that JFF comes with....and who comes with likely a better upside than Johhny:
RGIII.
Whatever RGIII isn't.....healthy....a good QB in the system....he also has not been an off field problem. He has sat quietly all year not getting a chance to play, and has done nothing to throw the spotlight upon himself.
So, if I were the Cowboys I would say fuck the freakshow....lets bring in a more dynamic a player (in college...and in the pros) and a solid citizen.....RGIII.
Very true Gip, though Jerry seems to already have a relationship with Johnny, and wanted to draft him 2 years ago.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielJerry wanted Johnny. Everyone knows it. I would guess Jerry still wants him, though Johnny may be showing that his problems are too major to coexist with life as an NFL qb.
As bad as he's been, Johnny would be an upgrade at backup qb for the Cowboys. I would guess that Cleveland will call Jerry every day pushing for some kind of trade. Any value now for Johnny is a plus.
Cutting him gains nothing. Keeping him can't be feasible, can it? Get what you can, sever all ties. This seems like the best move to me. This assumes that Jerry still wants him, which, with everything that's happened, may not be true anymore.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielThanks mudfly. I never would've guessed he showed up to work drunk. Just amazing and sad and depressing. Looks like the Browns will get another 1st round qb in a few months. I hope he turns out to be the badass I thought Johnny was gonna be.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielWell, I wrote yesterday in 2 other threads about this latest debacle. I knew the concussion story was BS.
I think the story now turns to johnny's health. He is obviously in way over his head, and he and the Browns are suffering heavily for it. I just can't believe that such talented people with such great possibility let substance abuse wreck their lives, but Johnny is just another in a long list of names to do so.
For him to have any chance at any NFL life now is a true longshot.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielIf this is true -Johnny in Vegas - I think it reinforces the thought that the concussion was a contrived excuse, and that Johnny is done as a Brown and knew this fact before he went to Vegas.
Yet another really dumb move if true.
-
Jonathan Paul Manziel -
Jonathan Paul ManzielOne more thing, I think a concussion is the EASIEST thing to fake, because of the massive amount of fear the NFL has toward the subject.
"I have a headache and I'm having trouble remembering what I had for dinner last night". Concussion protocol.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielEverybody here knows me, I am a huge Johnny fan (boy). I have more experience watching Johnny than most people here.
This whole thing is fishy as hell. The latest Johnny video, the Wednesday concussion... This is weird. Johnny, despite his really bad judgment, is not a dumb guy. He's also one of the most competitive people you'll ever see. He played through tons of "injuries" in college, including a broken thumb, bad throwing shoulder, hurt knee, and many "possible" concussions.
I just can't see him reporting a concussion on Wednesday if he thought he would be in a Browns uniform next season. He would love nothing better than to beat Pittsburgh, but something we don't know is making him choose to not do what he loves to do - play football.
All this is speculation on my part, but this looks like a way to cement Johnny going to the Cowboys. I don't think there's any way he is back with the Browns next year, and I don't think any other team would want him, which is sad for me because I really think he has NFL talent. So whether Jerry trades a late round pick for him or picks him up after the Browns cut him, I think Johnny will be a Cowboy next season.
If I'm right, this is just another bad chapter in the "Johnny and the Browns" book, mostly due to Johnny's immaturity and stupid decisions. Maybe I'm wrong and Johnny doesn't even know what day it is due to his concussion, but that would go against everything I thought I knew about him.
-
Take notes from R.Wilson...I'll go with four for Wilson as a Brown this season... Did I win?
And SEA's OL is anything but great. As for our two top QBs at SEA's helm... I think you are half right.
Talking about Wilson's whole career at Sea. He's been very fortunate. They are declining this year, but still a great defense.
-
Take notes from R.Wilson...Im not saying Mccown is a savior but its a simple fact he outworked, outplayed, and just simply outclassed John. Like I said no better than Colt McCoy. Kids a loser.
How many games did McCown win this year?
How many games would Wilson win as Browns qb, with all the dropped passes, shitty blocking, no run game and bad defense?
Wilson is playing well, but he has been the beneficiary of an amazing defense, and a great o-line and run game. Johnny or McCown could make the playoffs with that surrounding cast.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielJohnny is already showing he can win games in the NFL. IF he can avoid major off-field mistakes, he will be a good qb. I hope he stays with the Browns to do that.
-
Take notes from R.Wilson...Um, Wilson is a good qb with a GREAT defense. 15 qb's or more would consiztently win on that Seattle team. Even this year, a "down" year for them, they are #1 in points allowed.
How good would Wilson be if he had to play against the Seattle defense.... Probably about as good as Johnny was.
-
If the Browns win Sunday...I agree about Steelers, but up to now, with the season as it is, Seahawks game is big as far as pride.
And I agree, they could win and it not mean much.
-
If the Browns win Sunday...How would it change your perceptions of this team and coaching staff?
I don't think the Browns will win, but I think it's definitely possible. This is the Browns' Super Bowl this year, and Seattle might think they can just show up and win.
IF THIS WIN HAPPENS (and Johnny does well against that great defense), I would at least sideline the idea of blowing up this team, and the idea of punting Johnny.
-
The Browns Awaken: STAR WARSJohnny Jedi premiering this week.
-
Jonathan Paul Manziel21-31, 270 yds, 1/1. More importantly, a Browns win. How many Browns fans thought this was possible from Johnny last year?
I realize he set some bridges on fire with his horrible first year, but he looks nothing like he did last year. He hasn't looked like that even from game 1, when he filled in for a concussed McC.
The only two games I've been able to watch were Tenn and Pitt. He played well in both games. You don't throw for 370 yards against the steelers if you have no NFL ability.
He makes some stupid mistakes. Yes, second year NFL qb's do that. He also has the ability to turn -10 yard sacks into 70-yard touchdowns. All you that say he's too small, did you watch the Pittsburgh game? He continually got hit and got back up to keep fighting.
I realize Johnny invites haters because of his actions, he's his own worst enemy that way. But those that have said Johnny lacks the necessary skills or measurements to play in the NFL have already been proven wrong. He is playing well, he's played well all season.
And he's only going to get better. I admit, his off-field stuff causes concerns, but on the field, he is a valid starting NFL qb. I type all of this while watching Matt Cassel look like dog shit. It's hard to play qb in the NFL. Johnny is 23 and playing well. Give him some more time and you might be pleasantly surprised.
-
Austin Davis named starter against Bungles...Well, I am saddened yet another week. BUT I totally understand it. Davis is not a true third stringer, he is a good qb. Many teams screwed up by letting him stay thitd string for the Browns and not making him their backup (Cowboys for one).
I expect him to do well, just another step closer to Johnny being gone. I hate it, but it looks pretty plain, barring something else happening.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielThe thing is, though, that Johnny is who he always was. The Browns and Pettine would not have known or cared what he did as long as he showed up for work. Then the damn video came out.
Hell, if Johnny had started Monday and won, then the video had come out Tuesday, would the punishment be the same?
Everyone knew what Ray Rice did, but until everyone saw the video, he was going to still be an NFL running back.
It's just a damn shame that something so silly and seemingly harmless (having fun drinking in a bar) could cost so much. But if Johnny promised to stay away from bars, I don't see what else Pettine could have done.
UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielPettine answered 1 questions during his presser, and made a comment that may shed some light on this.
Q: Has Johnny taken his last snap at QB for the Browns?
Pettine: "I hope not".
"I won't say that this is a dead end for Johnny, more like a hurdle".
Thanks, CD. That's good to hear. I still wonder what it means, though. Does it mean that Johnny goes back to first string if he avoids drunk bar photos this week? Does he have to compete for the job in practice? Is he third string for the rest of the season?
This is all so "Days of our Lives". I don't expect Pettine to reveal anything, but I am certainly curious. If drunken bar photos prevented Johnny from playing in Aggieland, the greatest Aggie football player ever would have never seen the field.
Maybe that's what he needed. Real consequences for his less-than-scrupulous lifestyle. Maybe, like Stabler and Namath, he should be left alone if he's doing his job and not breaking any laws. Who knows?
It's just a shame that guys like Johnny and Josh Gordon can't curb their seemingly mundane needs and see the bigger picture. Hopefully it's not too late.