Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
B

Beanpot

@Beanpot
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
704
Topics
109
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • My Buddy Lives In Dayton
    B Beanpot
    The Tribe Board

    @manbearpig said:

    He can't get em on tv or the radio... any suggestions? He said he had to pay $15 last year to listen to them on the internet. I guess MLB blocks em outta stations web radios. He is the biggest Indians fan I know and I think it's stupid that he can't watch or listen to the games in Dayton Ohio! Any help is appreciated!

    That sucks, MBP. Thankfully, there are options though they do cost a bit of money. I don't know exactly what it costs for the audio feed only, but an account at MLB.com should give you access to some audio and video. After subscribing to Extra Innings on DirecTV for the last several years, I passed on it this year and follow the games through MLB.TV. There's a cost for an app ($15 for the iPad) and subscription (~ $100) for the season and the quality of picture is fantastic. I also subscribe to XM/Sirius to listen to the games in the car and know they have deals throughout the year.

    The best bet may be going with that $15 thing he had last year, though I don't where to get it. Unfortunately, MLB has been cracking down on all of their media, be it youtube or over-the-air broadcasts. Hope he finds something suitable.

    Beanpot


  • The Four Most Beautiful Words of Winter
    B Beanpot
    The Tribe Board

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    Pitchers and catchers report! I am so pumped about this season. I can't wait to see these young players/ top prospects to play this year. This year should be pretty decent with all the young talent coming back. Let's Go Tribe!

    God bless you, CFFL! I don't necessarily share your optimism for this season, but damn am I happy to have baseball back.

    Beanpot


  • It's Getting Closer...
    B Beanpot
    The Tribe Board

    I've got nooooo problem with any of you grass-eaters. You do your thing, I'll do mine. And we'll all be loving life in a day or two when equipment trucks are unpacked and players reach for gear.

    CAN'T WAIT!

    Beanpot


  • your favorite teams
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    @bodogjoe said:

    I have to admit though, I am still scarred from the Boston Cleveland series where botson came back from 2-0 and won three straight by scoring like 400 runs. I will never forget the people in Boston chanting Jared Wrights name while he was being shelled.

    You and me both.

    And scarred is the right word.

    I don't come close to *liking* Red Sox fans, I just appreciate their wait between titles.

    Beanpot


  • your favorite teams
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    @bodogjoe said:

    I guess being from Cleveland its kind of like being homeless and seeing someone with a huge house and complaining they dont like the color. I do agree Boston is a baseball town though, so had some painful times - But at least they had some other great sports moments, where Cleveland is nothing but tragic endings.And as far as Cleveland goes , we would rather see Browns win over any other Cleveland team. As we are a football town/state. I do love the Indians and Cavs. But nothing would make me as happy as a Browns super bowl win.

    That - the huge house thing - is a TERRIFIC analogy.

    I'm not at all disagreeing with you, you're dead-nuts on when you compare our frustration to theirs. Noooo contest.

    I was just sticking up for the baseball fans who were only mildly satisfied by the success of the Pats/Celts.

    Beanpot


  • your favorite teams
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    @wrrebel said:

    Beanpoop,

    Your gay! Now go bend over ur dog

    Sweet! Haven't posted here in nearly a year and now I'm asked - no - told - to have sex with a canine.

    A gay one at that.

    Plus there's a "poop" reference!

    Couple all of that with a "your" and I'm so glad I'm back!

    Beanpot


  • your favorite teams
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    @wrrebel said:

    I don't get having a couple fav teams.

    My standard for calling a team a fav, is they bring me join when they win and I cry when they lose.

    I bleed brown and orange nothing else. Nothing else gets my blood flowing, I can't sleep on sundays just waiting for kick off. I feel sick to my stomach when they lose.

    You can't be a diehard fan and have two fav teams, in my opionion.

    In jon we trust!

    Sure, but the question was asked while using the plural. Of COURSE we know the *favorite* team of most posting here, but the poster asked, essentially, which other teams we hope do well.

    If answering that question causes you to break out the "die hard fan" crap, then you weren't the intended audience. Now go sit in a corner and lick off your froth.

    Beanpot


  • your favorite teams
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    @bodogjoe said:

    Also, cant STAND boston fans. For the longest time all they did was whine about their bad luck. Yet they had a dynasty basketball team and multiple super bowls before the sox won.

    Agreed, to a point. They were silly to break out the woe-is-me crap when it came to following sports. But when it comes to baseball, they had every reason to act like little bitches while expecting the worst. That shit, that pinch-me-I-must-be-dreaming stuff while the WS flag was raised - THAT was genuine.

    I'll put it this way - I'll love it when a Cleveland team finally wins a championship in my lifetime. Absolutely love it.

    But if that team isn't the Tribe?

    The whining is going to continue.

    Beanpot


  • your favorite teams
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    May be an obvious topic, but it's a good one.

    It's far easier for me to come up with baseball teams I kinda-sorta like, but I'll give the football thing a go:

    Browns

    massive gap

    Bills

    Packers

    Saints

    Ownership issues are involved with the Bills and Packers and I just can't help but like the Saints and their fans.

    The hate list is pretty typical around these parts:

    Ravens

    Steelers

    hmm...

    I'd easily add the Skins to this list but that has everything to do with their owner and exactly nothing to do with their fans.

    The Eagles would make the list *because* of their fans. But so many wave that around as a badge of triumph that they don't understand that they're hated exactly for the fact they wear that badge. They're just not that intimidating or important yet they think they're both of those things.

    Beanpot


  • Bob Feller has died
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    Yeah, there's now a retraction on their site. One of their guys jumped the gun.


  • Bob Feller has died
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    Ingraham is reporting that Feller has passed away. I haven't read any confirmation on this elsewhere:

    Indians great Bob Feller, 92, passes away

    Thursday, December 9, 2010

    By JIM INGRAHAM

    [email protected]

    Now THAT’S a life.

    It’s a good thing Bob Feller lived it, because you couldn’t make up a life like his. He was the one and only. The greatest Cleveland Indian of them all.

    An incomparable, unconquerable American original, Feller, who came roaring out of the Iowa cornfields nearly a 100 years ago, died quietly yesterday at the age of 92, ending a life spectacularly lived.

    We will see baseball greatness again. We will see ultra-patriots again. We will see indefatigable nonagenarians again. But as an entire package, as a preposterously precocious, fire-balling teenager, shameless, selfless, flag-waving veteran and conscience of a generation, indestructible, self-promoting, one-man cottage memorabilia industry, civic treasure, national sports icon and, in his twilight years, an irrepressibly out-spoken molder of, contributor to, and shoot-from-the-hip commentator on The American Scene as a proudly old-school celebrity without portfolio — no. We will not see his like again. Ever.

    Today, for the first time since Woodrow Wilson was in the White House, Bob Feller is not among us.

    What a grand and glorious run it was.

    He seemingly lived forever, did everything, knew everybody, went everywhere. But he was hardly Everyman.

    He lived so long that he was a Hall of Famer for more years than he wasn’t a Hall of Famer. Cooperstown welcomed him in 1962, when he was a mere 43 years old. A pup.

    At either end of his life he mocked convention. He made his major league debut — this is beyond outrageous — at 17. In his first major league start he set a major league record for strikeouts in a game, and then after that season went back to high school for his senior year. Think about that.

    He lived to be 92. How many 92-year-olds do you know?

    The year he was born, Alexander Graham Bell was still alive. So were Wyatt Earp and Orville Wright.

    When Feller debuted in Van Meter, Iowa, Christy Mathewson was still alive. So were Honus Wagner, Napoleon Lajoie, and Cy Young.

    Ty Cobb? Not only was he still alive, he was STILL PLAYING!

    As a 17-year-old rookie with the Indians in 1936, Feller needed a place to live. Cy Slapnicka, the scout who signed him, found a room for him in a boarding house in Cleveland. One of Feller’s fellow-boarders in the house had fought in the war — the Civil War.

    When Feller told me that story — “He was a nice guy. Kind of quiet, but nice” — my jaw almost hit the floor. That meant I knew a guy who knew a guy who fought in the Civil War. I still can’t believe it.

    I still can’t believe I knew Bob Feller. That he knew me. By name. For most of the last 17 years I had the privilege of having Feller sitting in the seat directly behind me in the press box at Progressive Field. We became good friends. I tried not to bug him during games, but it was hard. I mean, come on. It’s Bob Feller. It was like having Leonardo da Vinci sitting behind you.

    “Bob, who was harder to pitch to, Williams or DiMaggio? “

    “Hey Bob, what was the most pitches you ever threw in a game? “

    “Bob, how hard did Satchel Paige throw? “

    Rain delays? I didn’t mind them. Not with Bob Feller sitting behind me.

    He was an encyclopedia. This happened a lot: he would tell me about a game, an incident, an inning, an event, 50, 60, 70 years ago. He’d recall dates, players, scores, minute details. Later I would look it up and he was invariably right on almost every fact. His memory was stunning, and anything might set him off.

    You could be talking about something completely different, and he’d suddenly launch into another anecdote. “That reminds me of a spring training game in Shreveport in 1940. . . ‘’

    He was basically a celebrity his entire life. He knew celebrities, in and out of baseball. He knew famous people, personally, and lots of them.

    You know Wilson sporting goods? Bob knew Wilson. Ever stayed or eaten at a Howard Johnson’s? Bob knew Howard Johnson.

    On Dec. 7, 1941, Bob was driving from his home in Iowa to Cleveland to sign his contract for the 1942 season when he heard about the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Forget Cleveland. Without giving it a second thought he immediately drove straight into Chicago and enlisted in the Navy — and he never looked back.

    Although he was only 22, he was already in the prime of his career. You could argue that he got great faster than any player in major league history. He was IN the major leagues as a junior in high school. In his first three full seasons in the majors he was 24-9 at age 20, 27-11 at 21, and 25-13 at 22. At age 22 he had already won 107 games. Cy Young, at the same age, had won zero.

    Then he went off to war, and served as chief of an anti-aircraft gun crew on the USS Alabama.

    He basically missed four full seasons while in the Navy. In his last three major league seasons before the war and in his first three full seasons after the war, Feller averaged 24 wins per year. If there had been no war and if he had averaged 24 wins per year in the four years he missed, you could add 96 more victories to his career total, which would have put him at 362, which would rank seventh on the game’s all-time list.

    Bob never dwelled on losing four years in the prime of his career to the war. He rarely even talked about it. In many ways he was more proud of the time he spent in the Navy than he was about the time he spent in the major leagues.

    In his mind he was an American first, a ballplayer second.

    And what a ballplayer. Over 18 years he pitched in 570 major league games, winning 266 — all of them for the Indians. He arrived like a comet, in 1936, at age 17 — the original chosen one. He never threw a single pitch in the minor leagues. He is arguably the most famous Cleveland professional athlete ever, and certainly the most famous Cleveland Indian ever.

    When he was born, on Nov. 3, 1918, his parents named him Robert Andrew William Feller. To us he was Rapid Robert. A phenom as a young player, a phenomenon as an oldtimer.

    We most definitely will not see his like again.

    You know you’re big when they build a statue to you while you’re still alive. Outside of Progressive Field there is a statue of Feller, which has stood there since the ballpark opened in 1994.

    If you’re in the neighborhood, or even if you’re not, today would be a good day to stop by and say hello.

    And goodbye.

    http://morningjournal.com/articles/2010/12...wmode=fullstory

    Beanpot


  • Ingraham: Feller Passes Away
    B Beanpot
    The Tribe Board

    BTW, Ingraham is the only one reporting this that I've seen so far. Hopefully it's just a matter of him jumping the gun.

    Beanpot


  • Ingraham: Feller Passes Away
    B Beanpot
    The Tribe Board

    RIP Bob:

    Indians great Bob Feller, 92, passes away

    Thursday, December 9, 2010

    By JIM INGRAHAM

    [email protected]

    Now THAT’S a life.

    It’s a good thing Bob Feller lived it, because you couldn’t make up a life like his. He was the one and only. The greatest Cleveland Indian of them all.

    An incomparable, unconquerable American original, Feller, who came roaring out of the Iowa cornfields nearly a 100 years ago, died quietly yesterday at the age of 92, ending a life spectacularly lived.

    We will see baseball greatness again. We will see ultra-patriots again. We will see indefatigable nonagenarians again. But as an entire package, as a preposterously precocious, fire-balling teenager, shameless, selfless, flag-waving veteran and conscience of a generation, indestructible, self-promoting, one-man cottage memorabilia industry, civic treasure, national sports icon and, in his twilight years, an irrepressibly out-spoken molder of, contributor to, and shoot-from-the-hip commentator on The American Scene as a proudly old-school celebrity without portfolio — no. We will not see his like again. Ever.

    Today, for the first time since Woodrow Wilson was in the White House, Bob Feller is not among us.

    What a grand and glorious run it was.

    He seemingly lived forever, did everything, knew everybody, went everywhere. But he was hardly Everyman.

    He lived so long that he was a Hall of Famer for more years than he wasn’t a Hall of Famer. Cooperstown welcomed him in 1962, when he was a mere 43 years old. A pup.

    At either end of his life he mocked convention. He made his major league debut — this is beyond outrageous — at 17. In his first major league start he set a major league record for strikeouts in a game, and then after that season went back to high school for his senior year. Think about that.

    He lived to be 92. How many 92-year-olds do you know?

    The year he was born, Alexander Graham Bell was still alive. So were Wyatt Earp and Orville Wright.

    When Feller debuted in Van Meter, Iowa, Christy Mathewson was still alive. So were Honus Wagner, Napoleon Lajoie, and Cy Young.

    Ty Cobb? Not only was he still alive, he was STILL PLAYING!

    As a 17-year-old rookie with the Indians in 1936, Feller needed a place to live. Cy Slapnicka, the scout who signed him, found a room for him in a boarding house in Cleveland. One of Feller’s fellow-boarders in the house had fought in the war — the Civil War.

    When Feller told me that story — “He was a nice guy. Kind of quiet, but nice” — my jaw almost hit the floor. That meant I knew a guy who knew a guy who fought in the Civil War. I still can’t believe it.

    I still can’t believe I knew Bob Feller. That he knew me. By name. For most of the last 17 years I had the privilege of having Feller sitting in the seat directly behind me in the press box at Progressive Field. We became good friends. I tried not to bug him during games, but it was hard. I mean, come on. It’s Bob Feller. It was like having Leonardo da Vinci sitting behind you.

    “Bob, who was harder to pitch to, Williams or DiMaggio? “

    “Hey Bob, what was the most pitches you ever threw in a game? “

    “Bob, how hard did Satchel Paige throw? “

    Rain delays? I didn’t mind them. Not with Bob Feller sitting behind me.

    He was an encyclopedia. This happened a lot: he would tell me about a game, an incident, an inning, an event, 50, 60, 70 years ago. He’d recall dates, players, scores, minute details. Later I would look it up and he was invariably right on almost every fact. His memory was stunning, and anything might set him off.

    You could be talking about something completely different, and he’d suddenly launch into another anecdote. “That reminds me of a spring training game in Shreveport in 1940. . . ‘’

    He was basically a celebrity his entire life. He knew celebrities, in and out of baseball. He knew famous people, personally, and lots of them.

    You know Wilson sporting goods? Bob knew Wilson. Ever stayed or eaten at a Howard Johnson’s? Bob knew Howard Johnson.

    On Dec. 7, 1941, Bob was driving from his home in Iowa to Cleveland to sign his contract for the 1942 season when he heard about the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Forget Cleveland. Without giving it a second thought he immediately drove straight into Chicago and enlisted in the Navy — and he never looked back.

    Although he was only 22, he was already in the prime of his career. You could argue that he got great faster than any player in major league history. He was IN the major leagues as a junior in high school. In his first three full seasons in the majors he was 24-9 at age 20, 27-11 at 21, and 25-13 at 22. At age 22 he had already won 107 games. Cy Young, at the same age, had won zero.

    Then he went off to war, and served as chief of an anti-aircraft gun crew on the USS Alabama.

    He basically missed four full seasons while in the Navy. In his last three major league seasons before the war and in his first three full seasons after the war, Feller averaged 24 wins per year. If there had been no war and if he had averaged 24 wins per year in the four years he missed, you could add 96 more victories to his career total, which would have put him at 362, which would rank seventh on the game’s all-time list.

    Bob never dwelled on losing four years in the prime of his career to the war. He rarely even talked about it. In many ways he was more proud of the time he spent in the Navy than he was about the time he spent in the major leagues.

    In his mind he was an American first, a ballplayer second.

    And what a ballplayer. Over 18 years he pitched in 570 major league games, winning 266 — all of them for the Indians. He arrived like a comet, in 1936, at age 17 — the original chosen one. He never threw a single pitch in the minor leagues. He is arguably the most famous Cleveland professional athlete ever, and certainly the most famous Cleveland Indian ever.

    When he was born, on Nov. 3, 1918, his parents named him Robert Andrew William Feller. To us he was Rapid Robert. A phenom as a young player, a phenomenon as an oldtimer.

    We most definitely will not see his like again.

    You know you’re big when they build a statue to you while you’re still alive. Outside of Progressive Field there is a statue of Feller, which has stood there since the ballpark opened in 1994.

    If you’re in the neighborhood, or even if you’re not, today would be a good day to stop by and say hello.

    And goodbye.

    http://morningjournal.com/articles/2010/12...wmode=fullstory


  • Favorite TV/Radio Announcers for NFL
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    @earl34 said:

    Gus Johnson and Tim Ryan on TV.

    On radio, I do like the Browns' crew. I also like (and I'm sorry I'm a homer...) the voice of the Texas Longhorns, Craig Way. He epitomizes what I love in announcing. Doesn't say too much but says enough. He doesn't stumble over his words and his voice is smooooooth. I can't find a ton of his PbP online but here's a sample. The fact that he calls for my alma mater helps, I'm sure.

    Yeah, I can see why you'd like Craig Way. I'd never heard him before but he has a lot of Gene Deckerhoff in him. Sounds really good.

    Beanpot


  • Joe Freakin' Haden
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    @ballpeen said:

    Now that Joe has played a few NFL games, he is starting to get the swagger, and do the things I saw him do at Florida.

    Joe changes the way teams play offense.

    As good a cover guy as he is, I think the thing that sets him apart is his run support. He knows how to string out plays and run guys out of bounds, and knows how to slip blocks and make tackles.

    Joe isn't a big guy, but Mighty Mouse is as tough as nails.

    As time goes on, he will start turning it in to a half field gameplan for other teams....whichever side of the field he isn't playing.

    That will give us some big advantages.

    Give it a few more weeks of this and teams will look for him and adjust from there.....if it isn't already happening.

    Yep, couldn't agree more with every word. The swagger, confidence - whatever you call it - is there. Like you mentioned, that was a big part of his game with the Gators and Haden didn't look at all comfortable early this year. That's changed, and quickly. There's growth to be had, no doubt, but the kid has been pretty damn terrific.

    Beanpot


  • WOOF WOOF: Week Twelve
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    @why-cant-we-win said:

    where is the heidi report ? other than just scores

    Is this parody?

    Get well soon, Heidi! You're a HUGE part of these fantasy leagues and there's not a CHANCE they'd be successful without you. Every thinking person wishes you a quick recovery.

    And every idiot, let's call them..."why can't we win"...wishes you'd make them a sandwich. While telling them about their fantasy team.

    Grapes are soon to follow.

    Beanpot


  • Favorite TV/Radio Announcers for NFL
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    Zombo said:

    I hate Joe Buck. Absolutely hate him.

    Why FOX puts Buck and MCcarver on the World Series, I have no idea, neither guy is likeable at all.

    Zombo

    Couldn't possibly agree more. I don't mind McCarver so much, he offers opinions (no matter how dated they may be) and that suggests he's at least prepared for a broadcast. Buck doesn't even pretend to give a crap about the game below him. I don't share your hate for the guy (my love for the dad will forever trump my opinion of the son) but you're right when you call him unlikable. He's *exactly* that.

    Beanpot


  • Favorite TV/Radio Announcers for NFL
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    Great thread and even better choices already offered.

    I'll echo everyone on Gib, Nev and Donovan. We've been blessed to have such great radio talent.

    Growing up, I enjoyed Enberg more for what his voice meant (a BIG game) than what came out of it. He was also mostly even-keeled, which I liked as a kid. The ultimate get-out-of-the-way-and-let-the-game-speak-for-itself guy.

    And now I like the exact opposite of him, Gus Johnson. The man is simply a treasure.

    Another treasure was Bill King. Holy crap did that guy paint a picture:

    and

    Beanpot


  • Sabby Piscatelli
    B Beanpot
    The Browns Board

    Zombo said:

    I know some Bucs fans liked him, but they are not the most knowledge sorts. He is more experienced and drafted much higher than Asante, so I'm hoping he finds a home with us.

    Zombo

    I don't know a single Buc fan who liked the guy, and most of that dislike had to do with where he was drafted. I hope the guy turns it around, obviously, but trumpeting his experience and draft position only amplifies just how much of a bust he has been to date.

    Here's a little back and forth between Shelton and Romano in the St. Pete Times today. Mostly unfunny rubbish, but it does nail the local perception of the player.

    GS: John, the good news is the Bucs are still interesting at the most interesting portion of the NFL schedule. The bad news is you're starting at safety. Now introducing: Sabby Romano.

    JR: I'd like to say I couldn't do any worse, but we both know that's not true. What's interesting about Sabby Piscitelli's release last week is that no one is pointing fingers at the Bucs. Sabby had become such a punching bag that fans seemed thrilled he was no longer on their sideline. I don't think it was Piscitelli's fault he was a bust. I think it was Tampa Bay's fault for drafting him in the second round.

    GS: Well, they wouldn't have drafted him there, but Dexter Jackson wasn't available until the second round of the following year. Seriously, the only question about cutting Piscitelli — the worst safety in Bucs history — was the timing. The closer Sabby got to the starting lineup, the worse he evidently looked. Put it this way, John. The Bucs traded a fading Booger McFarland for that draft pick, and Booger would have been a better safety. Is it a sad legacy to be remembered as not being worth a Booger?

    JR: Eeew. I don't know whether to tell you to wash out your mouth or blow your nose. At any rate, what kind of impact do you think it will have on the defense now that Cody Grimm is injured, Piscitelli is gone and the Bucs are down to Door No. 3 at safety? Does it change their willingness to blitz? To play man-to-man? To sing the Safety Dance?

    http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bu...is-late/1138202

    Beanpot


  • November Stuff
    B Beanpot
    The Tribe Board

    Just a few things going on:

    Shin-Soo arrived in China along with his Korean teammates for the Asian Games, which start this week. They win and he's waiver-eligible when it comes to his military service obligation. Lose and he's...not exactly out of options (US citizenship and all that) but there are timing issues with that stuff. So...go Korea!

    http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/ru...e/20101110#7676

    ---------------

    Jayson Nix will be playing third in Winter League ball and Castro suggests that he could be in line for the gig next April, with Chisenhall hopefully the long-term solution:

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnerId=rss_cle

    ---------------

    Some girl in Minnesota is knee-deep in that whole Grady Sizemore-Internet Photo thing. No clue what any of this means but here are the high-points:

    An Apple Valley teen has been charged in connection with racy pictures of Cleveland Indians Baseball player Grady Sizemore that were distributed across the Internet last year.

    Leah Michelle Ayers, 19, a St. Cloud State University student, was charged with two gross misdemeanors for unauthorized computer access, according to a Dakota County criminal complaint filed Tuesday.

    Through an investigation, the Internet protocol address of the computer where the e-mail was accessed led investigators to an Apple Valley apartment at 12645 Germane Ave., where Ayers lives with her mother, the complaint stated. The account was accessed four times in 2009 on Aug. 19 and Aug 21.

    Last April, Apple Valley police searched Ayers's home and seized two computers, several DVD and CD discs, and other storage devices, the complaint said. A week later, investigators questioned Ayers.

    Ayers told police she knew who Binger was. She also said she was living at the Apple Valley apartment when Binger's e-mail account was illegally accessed. Ayers told investigators that she understood Yahoo.com accounts, and how to change passwords by knowing "basic information" about the person.

    Three days before the April 14 interview, police asked Ayers to bring her laptop computer to the interview. However, she said it was having its fan repaired at St. Cloud University in Stearns County, according to the complaint. After the interview, police notified university officials who said Ayers brought the computer in April 13 to have its hard-drive reformatted and software installed.

    Authorities searched the laptop and found evidence that Binger's e-mail account had been accessed from Ayers' computer, according to the complaint. She obtained access on Aug. 20 and Aug. 19 in 2009 by answering two security questions about Binger. Ayers had several photographs on her computer from Binger's e-mail account. She also viewed Binger's Facebook, Twitter and MySpace accounts.

    Just go here to read the whole thing - http://www.twincities.com/ci_16575608?nclick_check=1

    --------------------------

    Over on the West Coast, Jim Smiley is thrilled that the Dodgers traded Franklin Gutierrez for Milton Bradley. Not because it was a good trade but because yet another organization over-valued Bradley and decided to give the Dodgers Andre Either for Milton:

    Fortunately for the Dodgers, Gutierrez received the award while wearing another team’s uniform. That’s right; the fact that Gutierrez won the award as a Seattle Mariner is more than positive for Dodger fans.

    That’s because of what the Dodgers netted after trading him away.

    http://www.examiner.com/los-angeles-dodger...eat-for-dodgers

    --------------------------

    Lastly, some guy over at Bleacher Report put together a list of possible replacements for the just fired Miller/Morgan team on ESPN's SNB. Number 8 on his list - Hammy and Hershiser:

    ESPN is likely to tap Hershiser and Dan Shulman as a replacement for Sunday nights. If they don't like the chemistry between him and Dan Shulman, maybe they'll go out and get another play-by-play man, one who actually broadcast Hershiser games back in the mid-1990s.

    Hamilton is the voice of the Cleveland Indians, and has been since the early 1990s. He is one of the best around and it's surprising that after 20 years he hasn't gone national yet. (Maybe he doesn't want to).

    After he spent eight years in the booth beside the late Herb Score, it would be cool to see Hamilton paired with another iconic pitcher from the franchise he's been with for two decades.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/514240-...baseball#page/4

    Beanpot

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate