@hoorta said:
INTERSPERSED COMMENTS IN RED
FWIW, we will be drafting a WR in this draft somewhere. BTW, I do think Barkley is talented. Enough to spend the #1 overall on him? You're not doing the drafting and neither am I. Dorsey gets it , you seem to have forgotten your mantra. Running Backs don't win Super Bowls, quarterbacks do. The last HOF running back to win a SB was Emmett Smith, over 20 years ago, and he had a stud Cowboys team to support him.
I'll bite....I think the pattern the last few years has shown that RB is actually more important than most of us think.
Drew Brees is a playoff caliber QB, but couldn't get the Saints there until he had Kamara added to his arsenal,
Dak is not a playoff caliber QB , but having Zeke as a go to weapon ,he was able to get the Cowboys back to the playoffs.
Again, where is Seattle and Wilson ,now that Lynch is out of the picture....Jacksonville....Tennessee, both playoff teams now that they have quality RBs.
BUT!!! The Browns are NOT a RB away from making the playoffs....As you and many have said, the QB must to come first! And even though I do believe Barkley is a game changer our offense would benefit from... Sony , Guice, Penny or a handful of others will be available later in the draft , and should certainly improve the Browns ability to score from any where on the field.
And let's all please put our feet back on the ground...Cousins is NOT coming to Cleveland....Keenum, Bridgewater, Bradford are NOT coming to Cleveland. Cleveland is QB hell and everybody knows that...McCarron may talk to the Browns out of respect to Hue. but I'm quite sure if Buffalo or Miami or any other QB needy team offers him an opportunity to compete ,he's not coming to Cleveland either.
Nope folks , our bridge is most likely named McCown ,Moore, Fitzpatrick or the like,