Oh and if we bring in a head coach that runs the 4-3 I will lose all hope for this team
BrownOrange
Posts
-
Around the League top 25 free agents -
Around the League top 25 free agentsSign Ward and let mack walk. I'd put $100 not one of those other fee agents is signed by the browns.
-
Josh McDanielsIf they hire McDaniels do they bring in Mallett for a third round pick?
-
With the 4th Pick of the 2014 Draft, The Cleveland Browns Select:I guarantee the Rams trade out and Browns should be that team and take Manziel. Then I like Odell Beckham Jr with the Colts pick.
-
You are the general manager!1a. Derek Carr QB* - Fresno State
1b. Davante Adams WR* - Fresno State (if he declares - only a sophomore)
2. A.J. Johnson ILB* - Tennessee
3a. Ka'Deem Carey RB* - Arizona
3b. Loucheiz Purifoy CB* - Florida
Later Rounds:
WR
RB
CB
S
-
Let's Play President/GM for the draftDon't forget. You don't need to find a franchise quarterback in the first round.. and you don't need to give up a bunch of picks to get one.
-
Let's Play President/GM for the draftIt's amazing the Browns are above .500 for the first time in 6 years and we are talking about the draft in Week 6. I do, however, love talking draft so I will have to jump in. The Browns WILL BE drafting a quarterback OR 2 this year. Brandon Weeden would haveto do nothing short of making a Pro Bowl this year and leading the Browns atleast 1 round into the playoffs. Let's get real. And why do I see so many suggested picks on defense? I'd be shocked if the Browns don't use atleast both 1st round picks and their 2nd on offense. Possible even 2 receivers.
-
Jarius Byrd?If you haven't noticed Tashaun Gipson hasn't been spectacular but very reliable and consistent. He doesn't give up big plays in the passing game, miss tackles, and is showing some ball-hawking skills.
-
Need a #2 WRLittle seems disinterested. He can't get seperation and loses his confidence and effort when he doesn't get the ball. It must hurt to see Gordon fly by him on the depth chart last year and continually get more attention.
-
BusterHis only bad play was the penalty. Fans in the stadium around me were arguing but he didn't get his head around and made early contact. Good call. Other than that he had a great game. It was easy for him to be pushed around and bullied but he is a player. Just needs experience and truth be told he should be playing in the slot if we had a bigger corner outside to compliment Haden.
-
The One Player You WantAlso, I don't understand everyone's obsession with Mathieu. Yes he was a great college player but everyone seems to look past his size. People tear Buster Skrine a new one because of he gets worked over all the time. The same is going to happen with Mathieu
-
The One Player You WantA lot of speculation in who we will take in the draft. I wanted to make a thread Pryor wish lists. Who is the one player you want more than anything in this draft? If you could take ANYONE who do you want? No draft order, no trading. Pick the one person in this draft you want the most.
For me, it's Ziggy Ansah. I know he's a project and is somewhat of a question mark but I still think we need an every down pass rusher. The addition of Kruger is nice and I like Sheard, but I still have my questions about their abilities rushing the QB. I know that a popular pick will be Milliner and I won't be mad if they take him over Ansah, but I think we can still get a number 2 CB in free agency.
The NFL is about two things: keeping your QB up and knocking the other QB down. Rogers, Brady, Manning and Big Ben can all wait for a receiver to get open if there is no pass rush. Two lockdown corners can't cover all 5 receivers at the same time. We need to get at the QB. In my opinion it's still the number one need.
I actually have to agree with you here. I believe Ziggy Ansah is going to be the BEST player to come from this draft. I think Milliner is the best player available based on need and I really like Warmack or Vacarro in trade-down senarios.
-
Desmond BryantWe already achieved the value by drafting Rubin in the 5th and he's become nearly an allpro. Obviously Taylor in the first is significantly more athletic than Rubin.
There's zero certainty the picks you make would be as productive as Taylor or Rubin are already.. that's why it's called the pu-pu platter, because you trade away an all-pro and get a bunch of crap in return.
Rubin was a sixth round pick but it's a good point either way. Keep all of them IMO. It can't hurt to have 5 guys that can essentially rotate and play all 3 positions. They all may not be an ideal nose tackle or 3-4 DE but they are all capable of rotating through both positions for a series or set of downs. Rubin at NT and Bryant and Taylor starting at ends and you have a solid core.
-
Cleveland Browns - The WaitingThat video sucked. Try this.
-
Draft Thoughts 2013Post your own Mock, with or without explanations as to who you would like the Browns to draft:
With the new coach bringing in an attacking offense and most likely a 3-4 attacking defense, this is who I would like the Browns to target with each of their picks. (I'm including the 7th rounder that they will likely receive from the Eagles for the Sims trade)
Round 1, Pick 6:
Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
- Jones may end up going 2nd or 5th overall to the Jaguars or the Lions. But I think ultimately he will end up being available at the 6th pick. Jones will immediately step in and play opposite of Jabaal Sheard at OLB. Sheard's primary duty will be to rush the passer, while Jones will play a jack-of-all-trades position. This could be a deadly combination on third down if Sheard can make the transition.
Round 3, Pick 6:
Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UConn
- Wreh-Wilson has the size (6-0, 190) and the athleticism (4.45) of a quality starter. Hopefully the Browns resign and try Brown at FS. Wreh-Wilson could jump in opposite of Haden and allow Skrine to strictly play nickel, where he is decent (while horrible on an island).
Round 4, Pick 7:
J.C. Tretter, OG, Cornell
- A small school prospect who is rising up boards. He started as a Tight End and has put on over 65 lbs of mass, but in the NFL he will need to get stronger. He could start out as a great pulling technician to help the run game out, while providing good pass protection.
Round 5, Pick 6:
Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
Williams has the size and experience to develop into a great blocking Tight End. He is underrated as a pass catcher, but this pick would essentially be for Double Tight sets with Cameron as the primary receiver and Williams as a blocking counterpart.
Round 6, Pick 7:
Rontez Miles, FS, California (PA)
- This guy looks the part with decent size and athleticism. He is a fearless, big hitter across the middle, but he will have to adjust to the athleticism in the NFL.
Round 7, Pick 4 (From Eagles):
Ryan Allen, P, Louisiana Tech
- I am sick of the sub par punting over the past couple of years. Hodges needs to go, and the Browns need to try to get either Allen or Quinn Sharp in the 7th. There looks to be three draftable Punters in this year's class, and the Jaguars proved that a rookie punter can step in and be a force in field position (the Jags just couldn't do anything else right)
Round 7, Pick 6
Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
- Goodwin is a phenomenal athlete qualifying for the Olympics in the long jump (over 27 feet, which is amazing considering he is 5-9, and he ran a 10.24 100m dash). With Goodwin and Benjamin on special teams and using him sporadically in four or five wide sets, the Browns would truly be a vertical team.
Marquise Goodwin will be gone in round 3 after his performance at the Senior Bowl.. Would be nice though in round 7..
-
New Guy.. Eh KindaFormer user with a new account. I haven't been on since last summer but I'm excited to be back!
I am pretty impressed with the new coaching staff. I like Chud's offense revolving on a power run game and deep passing attack. It is very appropriate for the roster we have and one of the most successful in the league NOW (Atlanta, San Fran, Baltimore). I like Norv as a coordinator much better than a head coach and he should help relieve the pressure and help teach Chud especially on game-day with having the play-calling duties. I like Ray Horton as well. I wasn't a fan of the scheme change at first but if you look at the best defenses in the league they are usually 3-4 (Baltimor, Pittsburgh, San Fran). See a trend here? I think the concerns with the scheme in terms of the current roster is blown out of proportion. Yes, they Browns may not have enough room or playing time for Rubin AND Taylor at NT but the team has enough depth to have a solid rotation where moving Rubin, Taylor, Winn, and Hughes around at NT and DE won't be a problem in the long-term. Frankly, Billy Winn's ideal position is DE and he should thrive there now. Also, Sheard will do great at OLB and Jackson and Gocong will hold down the middle of the field quite well. There is also a lot of young talented backers on the roster that can make an impact at times. The secondary worries me some. Haden and Ward are obviously the incumbent starters but SS and CB need addressed regardless of scheme. A very good SS would allow Ward to play up at the line as another linebacker and blitzer where I think he needs to be. I would love to see Anthony Spencer playing OLB opposite Sheard, boy would that be something.
Good to be back. Let me know what you all think!
-
Draft Thoughts 2013This is my first mock on here. I will assume the Browns will trade back and the only player I see anyone trading up for is Eric Fisher. So, I have the Browns trading back with San Diego at 11. I will also assume the Browns pick up San Diego's 2nd round pick in this trade.
Round 1(11) - Chance Warmack G Alabama
Round 2(45) - Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
Round 3(68) - Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida State
Round 4(101) - Jon Bostic ILB Florida
Late Round Possibilities:
Jamie Collins OLB Southern Mississippi
Nikell Robey CB Southern California
Leon McFadden CB San Diego State