I agree, but at the end of the day, he has to select who he believes gives the team the best chance to win and cannot be concerned with what the fans want.
Browns57
Posts
-
Monken Press Conference Sunday August 23, 3:30pm -
Weekly Pick'emHello all!
I created a new Pick'em group for anybody who wants to join. It is the same setup.
The group ID# is 34438
And the password is as it was before: BEER
This link should take you to the page where you can join the private group.
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup -
Brownsboard Fantasy FootballI just set up a new Pick'em league for anybody who may want to join
The group ID# is 34438
And the password is: BEER
This link should take you to the page where you can join the private group.
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup -
Brownsboard Fantasy FootballI got the notice for my fantasy football team on Yahoo. I was wondering if we are doing the eliminator game and the weekly picks game?
I think Zombo controls those? At least he used to. They are not showing up for me either so I am guessing they may not have been renewed with invites sent out for this year, or maybe we missed them.
-
Leroy Hoard is rightWhoever our qb is this year, I hope he rocks and plays great. But it's been a nasty clusterfook
since Baker left.
Former Cleveland Browns RB Fires Off Pointed Baker Mayfield Message
A former Cleveland Browns running back has dropped a very strong message on Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Baker Mayfield, who famously spent the first four years of his NFL career with the Browns."If Cleveland had a mulligan, it would surely go back and change how things transpired with Mayfield, and former Browns running back Leroy Hoard — who played for Cleveland from 1990 through 1995 — has made it very clear that the team made a mistake in letting him go.
“(Baker) had a contract that was up. He tried to play through the shoulder. He couldn’t do it. And everybody just said he sucked. They didn’t put any text context behind it. No, he sucks. So the Browns let him go," Hoard said during an appearance on the Go Long podcast. "Now, I tell you what, I’m going to be honest with you. If I was the Browns owner, you know what I would have right now? Baker Mayfield as my quarterback and $230 million in my pocket.”"
I agree, but it is easy to agree after the fact. Baker has always been an excellent QB. But it would have taken a lot for the Browns to win or get to a Super Bowl with him. But if you think about other QB's who have won one, he is and was good enough. Flacco, McMahon, Rypien, Dilfer, Williams (but he played great in that game). I could go on, but you get the point. Mayfield is a better QB than all of those guys, but he would have needed some better receivers to go with a shutdown defense. It has become clear that this Browns regime does not know how to draft receivers so...........
-
Just Sayin? Definitely a strange beginning in the sense it took him this long to decide he wants to go play there.
I don't think he was actually "still deciding." I think this was decided long ago, and the announcement was postponed for two reasons. I think the Steelers got extra compensation by delaying it, and Rodgers got to relax for longer. I think we will see a better Rodgers in Pittsburgh than we did in NY.
-
Megan LeaveyI have watched this movie more than ten times. I really enjoy every aspect of it: the cute actress, German Shepherds, military service, and a simple premise of needing something and figuring out your life that most people can relate to. Her narration at the very beginning of the movie gets me hooked every time.
-
The BikeridersI found it a little boring, but I did appreciate the historical aspect. I also give it a C+.
-
Trigger WarningI checked this out last week, and I enjoyed it. I think I am a little biased, though, because you can put Jessica Alba in just about any movie, and I am going to enjoy looking at her for a couple of hours.
-
Napoleon reviewNapoleon
Columbia/Apple
R. 157 min
Okay gang, a few thoughts just off the top of my head. I will pretty much go to see anything starring Joaquin Phoenix. Since 1993 he's gone from being the younger brother of River Phoenix who died of a drug overdose to one of the best actors in the business and regardless of the quality of the film you can [usually] bet that his role will be outstanding. Well hopefully you read this before you make your way to the betting parlor with your life savings because this is absolutely the worst performance Phoenix has turned in, and that shocked me. Director Ridley Scott who does have some talent and a lot of influence is perfectly capable of releasing two or three hours of crap and Napoleon is one of the weakest to snag a holiday opening. First of all I didn't go to this one for a history lesson and I figured if there were some inconsistencies with facts, well what the heck? Quentin Tarantino is famous for completely ignoing it as in INGLOURIOUS BASTARDS and ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD so I can overlook a little artistic license. Sure some of the BS didn't matter to the story, but it was stupid and unnecessary in most cases, for instance Napoleon was nowhere near the beheading of Marie Antoinette nor did she have a giant shock of white hair. He also never fired on the pyramids while on a campaign to Egypt nor is the tagline “he came from nowhere to conquer everything.” From an upper class Corsican family he never actually did conquer everything. Including England thanks to the Grand Old Duke of Wellington. But those aren’t really the problems with the movie; it’s events that may or may not have happened (who knows) but made one of history's all-time great personalities seem like a dimwit. Most of the film dwells on his relationship with Josephine (Vanessa Kirby) who has been accused of infidelity in the past but here is portrayed as a full-blown sh*t house whore who jumps in the sack with every Tom Dick and Pierre the minute is back is turned. Also, Josephine was six years older than Napoleon which led to at least one of the conflicts in their relationship; her inability to bear him an heir. Kirby, on the other hand, is 15 years younger than her co-star who is as the film begins, almost the same age as Napoleon was when he died. Phoenix doesn't even bother to give the character a commanding voice or dialect but chooses to play one of the world's most dynamic personalities like Rainman on Thorazine. As for Scott he doesn't bother to give any of the characters a proper accent making the British, Russians, Prussians, French and Austrians all sound pretty much the same.
The rest of the story, I'm assuming, is fairly accurate, i.e. his military and personal successes, failures, promotions and demotions with periods of exile in between. The battle scenes were big and sprawling and just a little bit dull considering the amount of money spent. At least they got the British and the allies correct when they were fighting in a square. Plus, since almost everything was shot in the rain or in the snow or in a gray stone castle, the cinematography was almost consistently drab. The costuming was pretty extravagant but come on, who goes to a movie for that?
In the words of Alexander Dumas , ‘Ce film est l'une des plus grosses morseau de merde de l'année.’
D
WSS
PS Phoenix reportedly walked out of the Paris premier without doing any interviews or posing for any photos.
I cannot read your full review because I haven't seen the movie yet. But I agree about Joaquin Phoenix. Anything he is in I will watch. He is such a great actor. I look forward to reading your full review after I watch the movie.
-
Stan "Atenears" AtenIt used to crack me up when he called his 1st wife "The Toothless Hag" and Kathy, his 2nd wife, "Hag2."
One of the last times I went to Cleveland, he called me and said "Listen, get the Warden to sign your permission slip to come to Cleveland this weekend for the game. I got you a ticket; and someone's gotta help me try to keep Zombo out of jail here!"
He was so funny. And so many funny stories too.
-
Love for Stefanski.Stefanski leaves a lot to be desired with his play-calling, and I am still convinced he must be stripped of his duties. Nothing has changed. There were many examples even today. The biggest one was with 7 seconds left before halftime; he had them line up for a field goal and then called a timeout and put PJ Walker in to throw a Hail Mary. WHY? Hopkins made a 58-yarder recently. Kick the damn field goal. What was he worried about? Did he think if there was a miss, the Ravens would score a TD in the two or three seconds left with their own Hail Mary?
The bottom line is that we won today the same way we have all year. Our defense refused to lose the game.
I guess some people here have already forgotten the COVID game where we lit up the scoreboard while Stefanski was at home sitting in his Lazy Boy.
-
Tale of the Tape - Bengals @ BrownsThe Browns should win this game, however, how often do they actually win in week 1?
-
Early takeI don't know who this kid is, but I think he picked quite a few of these wrong. I do not see us losing to the Steelers even if it is in Pittsburgh on a Monday night. We also beat Denver, and probably lose to the Jets. The Seahawks game is too close to call. I say 12-5 or 11-6
-
Practice SquadSo in reality... we really didn't fix the problem... We just do what the Browns always does... Stick a band-aid on it and hope it sticks... Typical with limited choices...
What could they have done to "fix" the problem? It seems like bringing in a kicker who has a better field goal percentage than York, and another to the practice squad is a much better situation than going into the season with a kicker who made 50% of his kicks in the preseason and 74-75% last year for the entire season. We lost games last year because York couldn't convert. It seems to be at least that the Browns addressed the situation as well as they could for a short-term solution. It will be interesting to see if there is anything to the Bjorkas as a bad holder theory. Hopefully not. But maybe they should start training DTR or one of our receivers on how to hold for a FG just in case.
The old Browns would have started the season with York anyway. -
Practice SquadIt probably means they don't want to take any chances and are more or less having a kicking competition. Hopkins is proven, but why take a chance? This way Havrisik gets to kick in Cleveland weather, gets to know the other players and can be elevated at a moments notice. Also, maybe Havrisik has a big leg. We know Hopkins doesn't. Maybe we decide to go with 2 active kickers on gameday. If we have to kick a 55 yarder, Hopkins isn't the guy.
They would look pretty bad if they traded for a kicker and then that kicker cannot make field goals for whatever reason (weather, distance, etc.) It is good to have another option that you can track progress with. If he doesn't look great they can remove him from the practice squad with very little loss.
My question is, do the kickers actually kick out in the weather in Cleveland other than during games or during warmups? Is there an outdoor field at the practice facility? If I were the special teams coach I would have my two kickers kicking in the stadium in the actual weather conditions that they would face in a game whenever possible. -
Cade York is out.Today, I heard a guy asking, What would you think of the Browns organization if they didn't bring in another kicker and move on from York? I thought that was a great question because that would show a complete lack of awareness and send a message that they were not really doing everything they could to win this year. Kind of like when they kept Shwartz last year.
-
Cade York is out.Resisting the urge to be cynical about Hopkins.. who if he's not in the top tier of league K, he's at least in the tier of very-good.
No need to be cynical. Any way you look at it, this is an upgrade. York was the worst full-time kicker in the NFL last year. And he only made 50% in the preseason. This move will probably equate to 2 or 3 extra wins this year.
-
? Preseason Game 2: Commanders at Browns Aug 11. ? -
? Preseason Game 2: Commanders at Browns Aug 11. ?