With no risk comes no reward.
A little risk can sometimes be very rewarding but more times than not the level of reward is seemingly proportionate to the level of risk.
This brings me to the Johnny Football and Flash Gordon discussion. I think we can (mostly) all agree that Johnny has the potential to be a force in the NFL and Josh, when on the field, IS a force in the NFL. So, the reward portion of the risk/reward equation should be clearly evident with these two individuals.
Risk. Both have plenty, commonly linked by off the field antics. So this question I propose to you; is the reward worth the risk? I suppose the answer to that question lies in the eyes of the beholder. Most national media members will tell you no. These two just simply are not worth the headache. Johnny can’t be the face of a franchise and Josh is one slip up away from another ban.
While I have to respect that point of view I cannot accept it as a viable option for the browns, cutting ties with Johnny and Josh. My Cleveland Browns are simply just not in a position to discard potential elite talent because of “risk”. We are beyond that. Years of perpetual losing have brought us to that point. What is there for the browns to lose? A little more time? What’s another year tacked on to the 16 year string of ineptitude we have been fed since the “rebirth”? If Johnny shows continued improvement to end the year he needs to be the unquestioned starter moving forward. Paired with Josh, pending reinstatement, the possibilities are exciting.
No risk, no reward.
In this case, for the Browns and their fans, the reward is well worth the risk.