Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
B

bugzilla

@bugzilla
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
38
Topics
17
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • The REAL problem with the Browns, and how to fix it.
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    @next2nothing said:

    One game and we already have fans calling for Mangini's head? Are you serious?

    Did you see any of the games last season?

    Every time I bring up something negative about the Browns (because there is nothing positive about them right now), everyone says things like "It's just one game,etc,etc". Well my views are not based on one game. They are based on a decade of poor play. Season after season I have seen the exact same performance from this team. I can predict for you exactly how this season will play out. Delhomme will throw a ton of interceptions putting even more pressure on our defense which is mediocre.

    Mark this. The Browns will be winless going into the bye week. Guaranteed.

    Why am I the only one concerned about the way this franchise doesn't care?


  • The REAL problem with the Browns, and how to fix it.
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    There has been one horrible problem plaguing the Browns, basically forever, but specifically since they returned to the league. Ownership. Why are the Steelers and Patriots and Colts perennial playoff teams? Ownership. Their owners know what it takes to win. They know which coaches to hire and when (yes, Bellicheck used to coach the Browns, but Bob Kraft got him after he had earned experience). They spend as much money as they have to on QUALITY. Note the Redskins that simply throw money at high priced free agents at the end of their careers.

    The Browns have had terrible ownership in recent years. Art Model was a cheap bastard and the Lerner family, well, they don't have a clue.

    Every time the Browns loose the knee jerk reaction is to put in the backup QB.

    Folks, it's not going to change until Randy Lerner packs up his bags to deal with his soccer team full time.

    Anyone up for a write in campaign?


  • The only good thing about this loss to the Bucs is....
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    ....that it marks the beginning of the end of the Mangini era. I predict us winning 3 or 4 games this year. At least we get rid of one of the most hated coaches in the NFL and get another high draft pick.

    Wake me up when the 2011 draft comes along.


  • It's final. The Browns will always be a bad team and I'm done with them.
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    A few final thoughts.

    1. The team quit on me. I did not quit on the team. It has nothing to do with this loss. It has to do with the fact that the players don't care. Every one of them except Cribbs and Rogers put in the absolute bare minimum to keep their jobs in the NFL. The Detroit Lions actually play their guts out every game. They just suck. I could live with the team is that was the case. The fact is Cleveland is the place where football players go to wind up their careers. I'm watching the end of the Packers/Bears game and both teams are leaving everything on the field. They are beating the hell out of each other. The Browns don't do that because THEY DON'T xxxxING CARE!!!!!! I they don't care why should I?

    2. About being a "fairweather fan". That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Has there ever been "fair weather" for Cleveland fans? I've been supporting this team through the BUtch Davis era and the Crennell era so don't tell me I haven't stuck it out. I can take loosing seasons. I can take "rebuilding" every 3 years, but there has to be a point to it all. The Browns think their fans will be with them no matter what, so it doesn't matter how they play. Give up on plays? Don't worry. The fans will always be there. Miss 6 tackes on Adrian Peterson? Doesn't matter. The fans will stick with us. The QB lets the ball squirt out of his hand? Who cares. The fans will stick with us.

    Well I am not sticking with them anymore. You want to know the only thing that is going to get the Browns in a winning mode? If they show up for a home game to find a completely empty stadium. The Cleveland fans deserve more than this. They deserve a team that willing to put everything on the field every play every week. This team will not do that. They will never do that. THE BROWNS DO NOT xxxxING CARE ABOUT THE GAME SO I NO LONGER CARE FOR THEM.

    This franchise is xxxxing pathetic. The xxxxing winless Detroit Lions have more heart than the Brownies. The Cleveland Browns franchise should be disbanded. They are the worst team in all of professional sports because not because of their record but because they have no passion for what they do. None. Pathetic xxxxing assholes. xxxx them. xxxx this team. I can't even hate this team. It's like hating the color beige. It's so xxxxing bland who xxxxing cares. Seriously. Everyone on this board needs to sell their tickets and get out.


  • It's final. The Browns will always be a bad team and I'm done with them.
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    I grew up in Youngstown. Been a Browns fan since birth. Spent the first half of my life in Ohio. Graduated from Ohio State. I never thought I would say this, but even though I will always root for the Browns and hope they win, I am not going to emotionally follow the team anymore. I'm not buying any more shirts or mugs. If one of their games happens to be on, I might watch it if nothing else is on. I just don't care anymore. It's not the fact that they lost the game badly. It's the fact that I can no longer deny that this team will always be bad. They might have a winning season every five years or so. They might even get a wildcard spot in the next 10 years, but they will never be able to compete with the elite teams of the NFL. The defense will always be bad. The QB play will always be amateurish. There is just no passion to any of the players. They all wander around the field like they are just waiting till payday.

    That's it. Bugzilla out!


  • Prediction for the Vikings game
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    and that's exactly what I said. Passes that are basically running plays. Plays designed to get to the outside quick. Swing passes to backs, screens and quick slants and quick outs. You don't run up the middle, you establish the pass then you will be able to run the ball with some quick counters and slants, but not with Lewis.n If Lewis carries the ball 10 times this game that would be way to much.

    Screens and slants would be the way to go. Just don't think they will run it that way. Conventional wisdom is you have to run the ball. They will stubbournly try to do so again and again.


  • Prediction for the Vikings game
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    Stepping back and looking at this game with as little emotion and as much objectivity as a Browns fan can muster, here is how I see the Vikings game playing out.

    The Cleveland offense can't move the ball against the tough Vikings defense. The Vikings stuff the run and are able to overload on pass protection on alot of 3rd and longs. Farve comes out but he has developed no chemistry with his wide receivers so despite some long run plays by Adrian Peterson, drops and off target passes kill alot of drives. Going into halftime the score is Vikings 7, Browns 3. But, in the 3rd or early 4th quarter, the Vikings running game takes it's toll on the Browns wretched front line. Peterson busts out some huge runs. Farve throws at least two INTs, which gives the Browns some hope. Only problem is the Browns CANNOT run the ball against the Vikings defense. Forced into throwing long over and over into double coverage, Quinn is intercepted at least once. Vikings run,run,run for first downs and kill the clock.

    Final score: Vikings 21, Browns 3

    Sorry, but there it is. The way I see it the only hope we have is Farve completely blowing it. I actually think Farve will play badly in this game, but the Vikings are so good at running and defense that it won't matter.


  • A final argument for starting Quinn
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    Look, I actually like Anderson. I just think for this team Quinn is a better fit. I think the factors that should make Quinn our choice are:

    1. Decision making- Anderson loves to throw into double/triple coverage.

    2. Mobility-Not that Quinn is fast, but Anderson is too gangly to scramble

    Neither one has very good accuracy. Anderson has the well renowned cannon arm. What I hope Mangini and his staff look at is last season. All teams had to do was drop into Cover 2 and 3. Once the deep ball was taken away Anderson was revealed to be an inaccurate QB with questionable decision making skills. Better to move the ball down the field in 6 to 8 yard chunks than hoping for a 30 yard strike every third series.

    Also, I hope Mangini was watching ESPN's wrapup of the Detroit game. They mentioned many times that the protection broke down several times on Quinn. You can't pass the ball well when a defender is in your face as soon as the ball is snapped. The O line really let Quinn down. I don't know if they were tired or started putting in the second stringers, but there it is.

    That's my simple argument for starting Quinn. I'm really think if Anderson starts it's going to be a repeat of last season.


  • With the 1st pick in the 2010 draft, the Cleveland Browns select...
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    @shepwrite said:

    Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Faux Fan. Way to bail after one preseason game.

    You are not allowed to cheer when we win. You have to eat crow like a good little Steeler fan.

    If we beat the Steelers this year I will happily eat crow or any other road kill you can find. I am totally allowed to cheer when we win. I'm just being realistic about what I am seeing from this team so far.

    I guess the reason I am so negative is that I have absolutely no faith that Mangini knows what he is doing. I know he's going to be the coach for at least a few years and I dread it.

    I really, really hope that I'm wrong. I will be more than happy to come on this board and apologize to Mangini, Edwards, Anderson and the defense if they will just WIN SOME DAMN GAMES!!!!


  • With the 1st pick in the 2010 draft, the Cleveland Browns select...
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    Yeah, yeah. The season hasn't even started, blah, blah, give Mangini a chance, blah, blah, Braylon Edwards will catch the ball this time. Fact is, only a miracle can keep the Browns from the last place ranking in the NFL this season (and we all know, miracles do not happen in Cleveland). Really, they may be good in a few years, but right now they are the worst team in football. So, I need something to look forward to with this team. Just saw Mel Kiper talking about next year's draft class and it looks like a much better one than last year. So, who do we go after? I'm hoping we trade down again and get some real O and D linemen.


  • Mangini. PICK A DAMN QB ALREADY!!!!
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    I've been hearing that Mangini still has not named a starting QB. Even Minnesota has a starting QB, and he started his first practice yesterday. Quinn is obviously better than Anderson, so why isn't he getting the job so he can get the snaps he needs with the first team. Anderson had a 0.0 QB rating in the Green Bay game. It's impossible to choose him. I guess coaches can't get over Anderson's arm strength. Alot of good that does you when our wideouts drop the ball. Better to dink and dunk down the field, eat up the clock and at least have a chance to get into the red zone.


  • This Team Lacks Talent
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    Wow. Did you read my mind or something? I agree with EVERY point with one massive exception. I think Braylon Edwards is an anchor weighing this team down. He was thrown to over 13o times last year and only made 55 catches. How many drives is that that he killed single handed. I think the team is much better without him since he's an enticing target but if you throw to him in the clutch it leads to a drop.

    @sony-reed said:

    I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but folks lets examine what this team is all about this season.....We are REBUILDING

    This team does not have much talent, everyone is upset about last night but what you saw is much of what you will get this season

    This team is at least 2 drafts away from contending and Mangini getting his type of players

    This team has with the exception of Edwards and Cribbs zero offensive playmakers, and please people lets get off the Jerome Harrison as a every down back the guy is not and never will be a every down NFL running back

    On Defense until we get some guys who can rush the passer and create turnovers we won't contend, When are the Browns going to admit they made a mistake with Wimbley and move on? The guy is a BUST and a new coaching staff is not going to change that

    This defense has maybe 3 guys that could start for most NFL teams the remaining players on defense are role players or backups

    The offensive line is not a good as most people on this board think it is, we have Thomas and a developing Mack and thats it folks, Steinbach, Womack, Tucker, St.Clair these guys have all played there best football, look over the next 2 drafts for a RG, LG and RT

    On a final note neither QB is a Franchise QB and I believe Mangini will regret the day he traded a Franchise QB in Sanchez to the Jets, Brady Quinn is not the guy and many people will find out this season why he lasted as long as he did in the draft, the Browns are still going to have to draft a franchise quarterback because that guy is not on this roster

    So lets enjoy the season and watch the young guys we drafted develop over the season and hope in the next 2 years we get it right this time

    Not attempting to be Doom and Gloom just how I see this team........If we win 4 games consider it a good season


  • The Browns will make NFL history this season
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    @pl4tinum said:

    Bugzilla, I think you're being a bit silly. Even the Detroit Lions, the first team to go 0-16 *ever*, scored touchdowns. The stars align and squirrels find nuts, dogs get sun shone on their ass, etc.

    A more likely scenario is that Quinn gradually improves as the season goes on and we start scoring in bunches.

    We have already gone 7 games without scoring a touchdown. That's almost half a season right there. I even think we can win maybe a game or two with fieldgoals, special teams TDs and turnovers. I don't think we will go winless, but unless there is a MAJOR change in the offense the Browns WILL NOT SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TD ALL REGULAR SEASON!

    Again preseason doesn't count since teams are putting in their backups.

    My view is based on what the team did end of last season. All this first preseason game did was prove that they have not changed the offense enough to score.

    Brady's QB rating was 43. Anderson's was 0.0. How can an offense score a touchdown against NFL defenses with those numbers? Also, the schedule this year is brutal. Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Green Bay. All top tier defenses. Do you honestly see this team the way it is playing now scoring against those defenses? I wish I was wrong but I've seen too many seasons of football to put my faith in the team before the facts.


  • The Browns will make NFL history this season
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    Dawgfanforever88 said:

    Dude, shut up Im only old enough to know these browns, and I Know they are going to be good soon. I dont get why so many of you guys are "trying" to abandon ship when youve seen the good times, I havent had any good times and I still love every play, snap and down of browns football.

    I think you hit the nail on the head. When I was a kid growing up I was watching Bernie Kozar lead the Browns to within a play of the Superbowl several times. The Browns back then were awesome to watch because no matter how far down they were they always had a chance to come back. Also, no matter how far ahead they were you could never relax. They were the true Kardiac Kids.

    This new team has no passion. No spine. No willpower. It's obvious that half of them are just waiting to get traded to a better team and the rest are so awful that no other team wants them.

    I want a return to the days of the Kardiac Kids when we had a chance. Right now there is no reason to even pretend the team will go anywhere. Seven games without scoring a touchdown on offense? They need to step up and play pro level football or just fold the Browns franchise.


  • The Browns will make NFL history this season
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    @beefjerky said:

    next game after the browns look better, people will be going "this team is gonna win 11 games" all over this board. BUT IT WON'T MATTER, because it's pre season, pre season doesn't matter whether you win or lose, the only thing that matters if the progression of your rookies or new players.

    Look, normally the preseason means nothing, but what scares me is that the way the offense looked was EXACTLY the same as they looked during the last five games last season. They have a few good plays but can't punch it in.

    I believe they will score TDs and win at least one preseason game, but when it comes to the regular season the offense has no chance to score. None. I'm telling you they WILL NOT SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN THROUGH THE REGULAR SEASON!

    I was right last year. Everyone on this board said I was nuts to believe they could not score. What did it for me was when I saw that Houston Texans game in person. It was like a high school team playing a pro team. The Browns are SLLLOOOOOWWWW... It looks like a bunch of guys who don't want to be on the team and are doing just enough to get their paycheck. Rogers and Cribbs are the only ones who put in a pro effort. To succeed in pro football the players have to throw themselves into the game without regards for their own bodies. These guys are obviously not putting their bodies on the line.

    I'm tired of the lack of passion. Mangini needs to start cutting starters and trading. Start with Edwards. Get rid of the entire defensive except for Rogers.


  • The Browns will make NFL history this season
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    @gips said:

    I dont see a touchdownless or winless season ahead especially with BQ but even with DA running the show..

    I think they can win a few games even without the offense scoring a TD. We've got good special teams and the defense is rotten but comes up with alot of INTs so we might get lucky two or three times this season.


  • The Browns will make NFL history this season
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    Look, I don't want to believe this. I know the preseason doesn't matter in the end, but the fact is that the offense looked exactly the way it did the last four games of last season. For cryin' out loud, Jamal Lewis had 17 yards last night. We can move the ball sometimes,but can't sustain a scoring drive. Look at the drive where Quinn threw the INT in the endzone. The play before that he hit Edwards right in the chest and he dropped it. Every scoring drive comes down to making key plays and we can't do that.

    I think the problem is that our offensive line is still weak and Braylon Edwards is the worst wide receiver in the league. He always gets open then drops the ball when it comes to him. Singlehanded he has killed more drives than the last five defenses we have faced.

    We'll score TDs in the preseason. In the regular season the only chance we have is if we trade Edwards for some real offensive linemen.


  • The Browns will make NFL history this season
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    Look, before I get started let me state two things. 1. I am a passionate Browns fan, not a hater. It's because I care that I have to post what I see happening. 2. Last season I made a seemingly "wild" prediction that the Browns would not score an offensive touchdown the rest of the season and it came true.

    Unfortunately, after last night's disaster, I have to say that the Browns will be the first NFL team to not score an offensive touchdown in the entire regular season. They might score on kick returns and pick six on D, but I can't see the team the way it is structured now actually getting all the way into the end zone. Anderson's stats? 0 yards. 0.

    Another wasted season.

    I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!


  • F*ck Romeo Crennel
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    @pl4tinum said:

    I knew he was worthless after 1 press conference, actually. Speaks wonders for the interview process of the Browns.

    Now it looks like we're going to put the cart before the horse again, I'm hearing rumors that Lerner's looking for a coach before he gets a new GM.

    What the xxxx man, we need to get this xxxxtard Lerner outta here pronto.

    What about the rumors of Lerner wanting to keep Crennel on as Defensive Coordinator? One look at our defense should prove that anyone involved in that mess should never be allowed on a football field again.


  • F*ck Romeo Crennel
    B bugzilla
    The Browns Board

    When he first came on board, I was full of hope. I thought he would be a calm, steady leader like Tony Dungy. What did we get instead? The only coach in Cleveland history to NEVER beat the Steelers. The only coach in the NFL to go winless in his division (two years ago?), the longest streak without an offensive touchdown in NFL history. There is talk of him staying on as defensive coordinator. Are they freaking crazy? If Romeo is even seen selling hot dogs at the stadium there should be a riot (he'd eat more than he sold anyway).

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate