Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
C

Carlos

@Carlos
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
131
Topics
1
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Colt Mccoy
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    I was on here a long time ago saying that Colt would be the guy and still think he has the potential to be the guy somewhere in the NFL. I'm not saying he's gotta be the guy in Cleveland, because I think Brandon Weeden has gotten himself a bit of a leg up and is a solid quarterback. He's intelligent and certainly has a good arm. Whether or not he has the ability to run the offense, time will tell. I really only came on here, though, to talk to one issue. . .this whole thing about having a "gun" or a "big arm". I promise you that, while it is important to have range and zip on your throws, what is EXPONENTIALLY more valuable is accuracy. That's why I still like Colt. He is sound technically, although 'm sure he'll continue to work on his mechanics, as all quarterback do. But he can put the ball in a tight spot and that's so important in the NFL. I think that's more important than having a big arm. That's just me. He can also create plays with his feet and is a solid X's and O's guy. I think he can really lead an offense, better than Weeden, when it comes down to it. But, when it was put up or shutup, he didn't produce. And that's the way it goes. He burned his bridges by having his dad go on air and mouth-off, then his brother did the same shit. That kind of stuff said alot about how Colt felt, even if he didn't say it himself. I appreciate that he was a man of God, but your actions and the actions of the company you keep have to reflect that. His own family was trashing his team. And yeah, the Browns have bungled a lot of shit at the FO level, but that's still your team. So there's that. Then, Colt IS undersized and injury prone, so that's another possible liability. You have to consider those things. I don't think Brandon Weeden is a better QB, but I do think he is a more durable quarterback, with the backing of his FO, and with a bigger arm. Hopefully Colt can get his shot somewhere else because I think he's still a great QB. my two cents.


  • Josh Cribbs
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    Dude just wants to help his team win and he's hungry. He shouldn't be running his mouth about in-house stuff but he's not wrong for wanting to be a bigger part of the puzzle, just going about it the wrong way. With McCoy, those of you that remember me backing him back when he was still starting for the Browns, know how I feel about that. That said, Weeden is coming along.


  • First Team Offense
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    @browns149 said:

    I think Weeden needs to play more. You don't get timing and repertoire with your receivers when you are watching from the sidelines.

    rapport


  • Mccoy Vs. Weeden
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    And for all of you armchair QBs talking smack, you should think before you start knocking Colt for his lack of first round skills because there are tons of first round talents who fizzled out on Sundays because they lacked what it took between the ears. Winning football games is more than just having first-round talent. It is about putting yourself aside and doing what it takes for the team. It is about family and unity. It is about hard work and focus. Those are what you look for in a QB, leadership qualities. If you can find a guy who has those qualities and a cannon for an arm, then you can count yourself extremely lucky, but you don't sell the farm for a cannon of an arm or a 6'4 frame. . .you trade up when you find a person of intergrity who has the tools and, more importantly, is a leader of men. Hopefully Weeden can be that QB for the Browns but understand that it is not the first round talent that is so rare; what is elusive is the QB who has both the talent AND the intergrity to lead. When you have a person leading your team who has those qualities, then you can build around them. . .think of New England, you have a usually very egotistical, outspoken WR like Ochocinco (who went so far as to change his last name to gain attention) who, when finally paired with a system that promotes unity, family, and a QB who leads by example, is willing to take a considerable statistical drop in catches, to silence his Twitter account, and to take a paycut just to re-sign. That is the kind of team the Browns can have, but it has less to do with drafting huge talent and more to do with a continuity of team/family mentality from the FO, down. This is the same reason that the San Antonio Spurs have proven to be one of the most winningest teams in major sports, over the last decade. That, and they drafted Tim Duncan, an unassuming leader who proves his worth by silent focus and example. It is important to find the QB, but the "intangibles" are just as important and aren't so impossible to identify, if you really look at the people who win.


  • Mccoy Vs. Weeden
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    I've been following the Browns for a couple of years now, basically ever since they picked up Colt, as he made a believer and fan out of me while playing at Texas. I have watched the Browns play pretty much every Sunday that I could, a lot of times on crappy online feed or at a sports bar, since my Time Warner connection didn't permit, at home. I have come to call myself a Browns fan and they are now my second closest followed team, to the Dallas Cowboys. That said, I don't think I have ever seen a sadder story than the one with Colt. He has had a ton of shitty breaks with this team and has tried his best to keep his composure and leadership of the team, amidst a lot of crap from both the organization and teammates (Hillis). The guy deserves at least a nod of respect from the Browns fan base and half of y'all just talk mad shit about him. I get, numbers don't lie and he didn't win, fair enough. And yes, he was taken in the third round for a lot of questionable things, not least of which was his durability (he locked up after the pinched nerve in the National Championship) and his lack of prototypical size/arm strength. You know what, he isn't big enough or strong enough, you're right. But here's what he was/is for you all: A solid QB who had very little continuity at the HC/OC/FO level. A hard worker who busted his ass to fly out teammates and organize workouts/shops during a lockout and shortened season. He was the last guy to leave your locker room/film room and never threw his teammates under the bus. He never found himself in trouble with the law or in questionable situations and he was articulate in interviews and a man of God (and he didn't feel the need to tout it around like everybody's favorite QB in NYC). And the list goes on. For everyone of y'all that say he blows or call him shitty, there are tons of us who remember the kind of QB he was at Texas and who have managed to see him for his several positive qualities, despite his body of work in Cleveland. He deserves better than how he has been treated and hopefully he gets the chance to start again sometime. There are several organizations around the league who would value the type of person and teammate he is and he can be productive for a team, elsewhere. There is a way to treat people and there's a way not to treat people and he has been mishandled. I'll still be following the Browns, regardless of who is starting, because I've become attached to them but I think Colt needs a fresh start elsewhere if he doesn't get the nod in Cleveland because he is better than a backup. And that's coming from someone who has played and respects the game very much.


  • Earth-Shattering News!
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    Dude's a beast. He needs a mentor like Ray Lewis to get his head straight. Tough love would do him good cause otherwise he's a bad man.


  • My Case For Cyrus Gray
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    @tour2ma said:

    You mean TU... 😛

    And "everybody" do not include old Ags...

    Once at a morning staff meeting in the plant where I worked in the mid-70's, an old Ag calmly got up after Aggie joke #3, walked out, returned with a full glass of water, poured it on the joke teller's head and sat back down without saying a word...

    Old Ags did not and do not have much tolerance for Aggie jokes.

    By contrast when I went to College Station to scope the place out with my daughter in the mid-90's, the Yell Leaders were telling Aggie jokes.

    Excuse me now... have to go saw Bossy's horns off... Short... Sharp...

    Yup.. SWTS topped the Playboy party school list many a time...

    Also was home to the Houston Oilers training camp moons ago...

    Say hello to Texas Hills Winery for me over near Johnsonville... my personal favorite...

    Will do sir, I'll have to pay them a visit!


  • My Case For Cyrus Gray
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    Haha, I'd put money on a game between Trinity and Texas State and give TXSt odds. I think Coach Fran would pull out ghe win, although Trinity has been dominant in their division for years. My cousin is a student there, great school, I did my undergrad in San Antonio.


  • My Case For Cyrus Gray
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    Anyway, gtg, hope the Browns pick up Cyrus that would be cool.


  • My Case For Cyrus Gray
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    @carlos said:

    Right, cool story.

    LOL, dont forget about your QB, he's from Texas too.


  • My Case For Cyrus Gray
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    The only thing from Texas is Steers and Queers, and i don't see any horns on you.

    Right, cool story.


  • My Case For Cyrus Gray
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    @carlos said:

    Haha good thing I'm not a student athlete but yeah TSU sucks in comparison to UT, A&M, and Baylor, we're in San Marcos outside of Austin. We did move into DI this year though. Oh and suck my dick.

    My school is not without its merits though. . .a spring fed river runs through campus and all the girls suntan in their bathing suits out on the front lawn. People regularly skateboard or bike to get where they're going here. About a month ago, in February, we were getting 85 degree weather. We're nestled in the Texas Hill Country and we're within driving distance of about 15-20 different wineries; its a really cool area. Texas State was formally Southwest Texas State until the school name became synonymous with partying and the board decided to change the official name of the campus. The town is almost all independently owned businesses and there is a cool brewery scene in town. Very small-town college-y atmosphere. I came to TSU as a grad student because of the opportunities that I was offered and the GA position and scholarship, I like it here. I was talking with a fellow grad student of mine (who used to play QB at NDSU and PG at Marquette a while back) and he was telling me that he cant believe the difference in the quality of life (he's from Wisconsin) and women. I think we have something good going for us here in this part of Texas. That and there is top-notch BBQ in Lockhart, Texas, down the street. L.B.J, Bill Paxton, George Strait, Powers Boothe, and Tomas Rivera are all alumni.


  • My Case For Cyrus Gray
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    @the-gipper said:

    I didn't know there was a school named Texas State. Where is it? It clearly has a low sports profile compared to other Texas Schools.

    Haha good thing I'm not a student athlete but yeah TSU sucks in comparison to UT, A&M, and Baylor, we're in San Marcos outside of Austin. We did move into DI this year though. Oh and suck my dick.


  • My Case For Cyrus Gray
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    Haha, I'm a Texas State student and actually almost was a sip until I decided to go to TSU for grad school instead of UT but everybody in Texas loves a good Aggie joke! In all honesty, some of my best friends are Aggies; I've even been a groomsman at an Aggie wedding and played a gig for the Corps of Cadets Ball. So, much love to the Ags. That said, here's another gem. . .

    Did you hear about the skeleton they just found in an old building at College Station? It was the 1938 hide and seek champion.


  • My Case For Cyrus Gray
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    An Aggie decides to raise chickens. So, he goes to the feed store and buys some chicks. He takes the chicks home, and plants them with their heads sticking up. He waters them, but they die. He goes back to the feed store and tells the proprietor that he bought defective chicks, and gets another set. This time he plants them with their heads sticking down. He waters them, but they die. He then sends a letter to his Alma Mater, describing the problem. They send a letter back asking for a soil sample.

    😛


  • My Case For Cyrus Gray
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    This would be a badass acquisition. I think he has a ton of potential and his little brother is going to be even better.


  • What About Vy?
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    Vince Young is available. Thoughts? He's got all the arm-strength you naysayers could want, he's mobile, and he's a proven winner. He's got a higher winning percentage than a number of options out there. Obvious cons, his off the field antics and his big mouth. Do you take the good with the bad or just pass?


  • Just A Reminder
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    @jibz said:

    I call them as I see them... not all will agree with me...But when Colt is a backup QB and Flynn is in...you will see I wasnt too far off base...

    Dude you don't know me...

    Did you play football ever? What position? Are you a gigging musician? I'm sorry, my snap judgments offend you.


  • Just A Reminder
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    @jibz said:

    Ah come on.... I thought it was pretty good... Besides are you one of those that think even if the guy sucks so bad ...he at least hopes to be a good quarterback when he grows up...kinda of guy? If so... what an ass you are....Colt will never be good even if he really wants it... come on that is just so lame.... Its like saying Obama will be a good president because he really wants to be... same thing he sucks and so does Colt. Come on.... open your eyes people. Maybe re-watch some games where he throws at our receivers feet or over their heads... Any game will do.. well because...you guessed it HE SUCKS!!! Flynn me please!

    It wasn't very good because you dont know the first thing about being a professional musician. Second, you don't know much about football either, so shh. Also, stop dogging Obama. You managed to knock our president, give a snap analysis of Colt and insult the integrity of musicians by using them in your analogy all in 2 posts.


  • Just A Reminder
    C Carlos
    The Browns Board

    @jibz said:

    This is just funny!

    So if someone gives 110% but still sucks donkey dick as a QB... many think we should still keep him? What kind of Cleveland logic is this?

    The guy sucks...

    I would love to be a top musician making millions... I gave it 20 years of hard work and traveled the USA playing in bands.....so if your logic is correct...

    they should just say I wanted it bad enough and I gave it my all.... so just show me the money....

    Do any of you colt lovers know anything about life... let alone football...?

    Come on..... he just doesn't have franchise star ability!

    Why shouldn't we want the best QB available.... instead of settling for someone who gave it 110% but SUCKS!!!!!

    your musician analogy is Retarded

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate