@orion said:
I'm predicting a pedestrian year for our D. I don't think the impact that Garrett had on our D is being taken into the equation correctly. We won 2 games to division rivals at the end of last season because of Myles Garrett. And he only had ONE sack in those two games. Just his mere presence on one side of the LOS had those 2 QB's running scared in the other direction. Opposing coaches game plan all week on him.
And losing Alex Wright is a big loss at DE. We've been without him before, but this year we really needed him. I don't think we'll be a top 10 D...even though we have some good pieces.
You don't think the NFL record breaker for sacks is properly being accounted for?? I guess that makes sense. I just see it different.
Mason Graham and Maleik Collins make for a stud interior DL. Graham has barely scratched the surface and this defense could not stop the run once Collins got hurt..
Insert a young talented Jared Verse. McGuire showed flashes, entering year 4 now. I'll stay on the glass half full side.(Alex Wright had 6.5 sacks over last 2 seasons)
Away from the D-Line, young players like McNeil-Warren(fumble forcing machine) to combine with Delpit...and Hickman aka Pickman.
A nasty injury bug on defense would likely take this defense out of the top 20. Healthy? LOTS of turnovers...
Again, complimentary football.
The offense will hopefully be capable of scoring/winning the time of possession battle for once to allow the defense to stay off the field.